Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Hynox may not throw other monsters, but they will knock the poo poo out of Guardians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJxh93Tuhrc

good god almighty!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

https://www.inverse.com/article/56842-breath-of-the-wild-2-teaser-trailer-analysis-ganondorf-clues-theories-seal-ganon

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Hynox may not throw other monsters, but they will knock the poo poo out of Guardians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJxh93Tuhrc

New dream feature for BotW 2: the ability for Link to ride a Guardian at some point. Maybe Zelda can use magic to turn one on and make it friendly? I just want to circle strafe a Hinox while riding a Guardian and blow it up with lasers.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I like where your head is at, but I've got it firmly cemented in my mind, at least, that guardians were specifically programmed to feel only hatred for all living things. A friendly one just doesn't gel with me. Entirely within my head? Perhaps, but nobody can convince me that those things don't live expressly for murder and nothing else.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Backhand posted:

I like where your head is at, but I've got it firmly cemented in my mind, at least, that guardians were specifically programmed to feel only hatred for all living things. A friendly one just doesn't gel with me. Entirely within my head? Perhaps, but nobody can convince me that those things don't live expressly for murder and nothing else.

I mean they were created and programmed to fight Ganon. He just got to them and ~corrupted~ them before his big reveal.

And we have multiple friendly guardians! Like Robbie's oven that his wife is insanely jealous of. Also all the uncorrupted ones in the Shiekah Shrines who solely exist to help Link.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dang I really don't want to buy a goddamned PC simply to play modded BOTW but this is making it harder to resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh3RS2VwGGk

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I killed a lynel for the first time today. Up yours lynel!

I know you can mount them and damage them without damaging your weapon. How does one go about that

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

was any body else disappointed that there was no interaction with the goron blacksmith to upgrade the master sword? you get that one-off quest from his apprentice to kill the fire talus and it felt like that was going to lead into something but nope, the kid just says "thanks but now i'm too nervous to tell my master since you killed it" and then that's it.

was really hoping for a LttP-style orange master sword or something. i guess along the same lines, there was no fairy fountain upgrade for the sword either.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I killed a lynel for the first time today. Up yours lynel!

I know you can mount them and damage them without damaging your weapon. How does one go about that

You have to shoot one in the face to stun it, then run up and a "mount" option should come available for a very short time. While you are on it's back you just spam the attack button for as long as you can ride.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Freaking Crumbum posted:

was any body else disappointed that there was no interaction with the goron blacksmith to upgrade the master sword? you get that one-off quest from his apprentice to kill the fire talus and it felt like that was going to lead into something but nope, the kid just says "thanks but now i'm too nervous to tell my master since you killed it" and then that's it.

was really hoping for a LttP-style orange master sword or something. i guess along the same lines, there was no fairy fountain upgrade for the sword either.

I wasn't expecting an upgraded Master Sword but I was hoping that if you had a weapon that was almost near the end of it's life he'd be able to fix it to brand new.

What's y'all's favorite go-to weapon? I will go search out Lizzal Tri-Boomerangs whenever I can. They do a good amount of damage, are fast to attack, one handed, and the boomerang ability on them is just the cherry on top.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Freaking Crumbum posted:

Ever since the Master Sword became a big thing in OoT you've never been able to upgrade it really. Visually at least, I know WW has you unlock its power or whatever and Skyward Sword has the super Skyward Strike thing.

And you do get to do the spiritual/mechanical upgrade in the trials of the Master Sword dlc. :shrug:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

You have to shoot one in the face to stun it, then run up and a "mount" option should come available for a very short time. While you are on it's back you just spam the attack button for as long as you can ride.

Als, you can sneak up on one, or glide in from above. I've also managed to get out of their way during a charge, and run up and sit on them when they're momentarily stunned.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Also when the Lynel throws you off, use the opportunity to shoot some arrows while in the air.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Huh! I shot one with some bomb arrows while floating in an updraft from its fireballs but I also caught on fire when I landed so I couldn’t take advantage. Deeply satisfying to drop one of them finally. I just wish I could parry worth a poo poo because bludgeoning lynels and guardians to death, while satisfying, takes forever. Even with the master sword and chopping off their legs!

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I wasn't expecting an upgraded Master Sword but I was hoping that if you had a weapon that was almost near the end of it's life he'd be able to fix it to brand new.

What's y'all's favorite go-to weapon? I will go search out Lizzal Tri-Boomerangs whenever I can. They do a good amount of damage, are fast to attack, one handed, and the boomerang ability on them is just the cherry on top.

I like the guardian weapons because they're so sheik, err chic. Axe++ or sword++ for 60/40 dmg.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Dang I really don't want to buy a goddamned PC simply to play modded BOTW but this is making it harder to resist.

Its only a matter of time before someone remakes OOT or WW or something with this and its gonna be awesome!

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

What's y'all's favorite go-to weapon?

i can't figure out the use case for most of the 2H weapons. you can't parry with them, so you're stuck having to dodge, and it feels like most monsters move fast enough that they can effortlessly dodge away from the slow swings (lizalfos especially). the spears at least have that 1000 stab move where you can stunlock a lot of foes, but the regular 2H weapons just feel useless to me.

mostly i prefer any of the 1H weapons, the higher damage the better.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Zore posted:

Ever since the Master Sword became a big thing in OoT you've never been able to upgrade it really. Visually at least, I know WW has you unlock its power or whatever and Skyward Sword has the super Skyward Strike thing.

And you do get to do the spiritual/mechanical upgrade in the trials of the Master Sword dlc. :shrug:

The Master Sword changes its appearance as you upgrade it in both of those games, though. It's not as dramatic as a color change, but it is there. Iirc in Skyward Sword it even gets an increased hitbox.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Freaking Crumbum posted:

i can't figure out the use case for most of the 2H weapons. you can't parry with them, so you're stuck having to dodge, and it feels like most monsters move fast enough that they can effortlessly dodge away from the slow swings (lizalfos especially). the spears at least have that 1000 stab move where you can stunlock a lot of foes, but the regular 2H weapons just feel useless to me.

My use case for them is a stasis followed by a big swing.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

remusclaw posted:

that's a good idea. i almost completely forget about the puzzle powers when i'm not directly trying to solve a puzzle. i always forget to use the magnet to throw boxes at monsters or whatever other PROTIP stuff you can do with them.

i tried riding a tree from the videos i saw posted here and it's tricky to get the tree to freeze at the right angle where you can still trigger your climb animation. half the time it feels like link doesn't even draw the ipad out in time to catch the tree falling and the other half i end up accidentally targeting some other object next to the tree.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Freaking Crumbum posted:

I like to do jumping attacks with the 2H weapons because usually it knocks over whatever you hit and you can just whale on them afterwards.

Honestly my favorite weapons in the game are spears and the wiz robe element staffs, it’s very satisfying to blast dudes with them

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Freaking Crumbum posted:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

:eyepop:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://twitter.com/dreaminerryday/status/1140423111994683394?s=21

Those really don’t match up at all. In fact, the highlighted character in the third image is a J.

Also, this is sourced from 4chan, soooooooo yeah

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Who is this “Janon” figure, and why were they sealed beneath Hyrule Castle?

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Seriously. Bigass Zweihander == spin2win

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Freaking Crumbum posted:

My primary use case for the two-handers is the spin attack.

A nice 52-damage Royal Claymore starting between the legs will often let me kill a Hinox before the health bar pops up.

My typical method of taking out guardian stalkers is an arrow to the eye, and follow up with a spin attack to take off the legs for extra ancient parts.

Also, you can swap out weapons at almost any time, so I'll often swap in my best two hander once I get a Flurry Rush or a Mount going when fighting Lynels.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

And stunning guardians with electric arrows. Not sure how well ice and elec work on Hinox and Lynels though, or silver bokoblin

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Cattail Prophet posted:

The Master Sword changes its appearance as you upgrade it in both of those games, though. It's not as dramatic as a color change, but it is there. Iirc in Skyward Sword it even gets an increased hitbox.

Right but the upgraded form is the iconic Master Sword look.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

what determines the damage of weapons increasing over time? % of shrines completed? time in game? number of major plot quests cleared?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Freaking Crumbum posted:

what determines the damage of weapons increasing over time? % of shrines completed? time in game? number of major plot quests cleared?

There's an invisible counter that goes up as you kill enemies with a big spike when you do any of the Blights in the Divine Beasts. As you hit certain thresholds most enemies/weapons start spawning as higher level variants. Some are set and unchanging from the beginning though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Augus posted:

Who is this “Janon” figure, and why were they sealed beneath Hyrule Castle?

And why do his followers keep insisting there are hidden tunnels under the castle as well?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Skratchez posted:

Not sure how well ice and elec work on Hinox and Lynels though, or silver bokoblin

Don't know about Hinox but Lynels are immune to all the elemental arrows IIRC. Ice arrows probably work on silver Bokoblins but they'll only stay frozen a shirt time.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Zore posted:

There's an invisible counter that goes up as you kill enemies with a big spike when you do any of the Blights in the Divine Beasts. As you hit certain thresholds most enemies/weapons start spawning as higher level variants. Some are set and unchanging from the beginning though.

Also, there's diminishing returns to killing lots of the same type of enemy. Killing hundreds of red/blue bokoblins won't boost the meter, finding a new variant of a monster and killing a handful of it will make it go shooting up.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

you add mods to the switch version on your switch, gotta hack it of course, if you have a launch system. and get banned from the eshop.

actually if this switch pro/mini horseshit turns out to be true i might buy a pro and just hack my launch switch just for botw mods and n64 games.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm very fond of those Goron drillbit spears for speedbashing things too, especially when I can find one with a decent attack bonus.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Blaziken386 posted:

okay, lemme put this in simpler words for you. You can surf down the mountain all you want. It's there, and if that's your bag, you can go for it, all on your own drat volition.
My issue with the minigame, is that there's a NPC squatting on the top of the mountain, who says "hey, pay me money and race down the mountain, beat my record." It's the same part of the game you can already do for free, but there's an implicit cost and challenge to it. The cost should be worthwhile. It's not. There's nothing to be gained from this NPC that you can't already do or don't already have.

In, say, Majora's Mask, you can go swimming as Mikau, exploring the ocean. That poo poo's fun and enjoyable, and great for relaxing and killing time. But! If you go talk to the Beavers. and beat their record, you unlock an empty bottle. The same gameplay, in a new area, with a reward that justifies the upfront cost that the NPC is shaking you down for. It's great.

This has none of that. Everything you're paying rupees for, you can already do. There's zero incentive.

All right serious answer time. Here we go!

My experience with this mini-game was clearly different from yours. I stumbled upon it after exploring in the mountains a lot. First, I came to the cabin in the base camp, with the diary from people who had stopped there before proceeding up the summit path. A couple of the entries talk about a champion shield surfer who lives up the mountain. Oh that sounds neat! I should go find her.

So up the summit path I went. I thought it was neat how there were stashes of things in the cairns, left by other people on their climb. Nice little touch. The climb took me ages, because I got lost a bunch. I found some Shrines, found some Bokoblins riding bear-back. Is in they were riding bears. It was awesome. Then I finally made it to the cabin! Shield surfing lady has some fun dialog depending on what shield you're wearing when you talk to her, which I thought was neat. Then I went fukkin' shield surfing, and the course took me by a Shrine I hadn't found yet!

All in all, it was an adventure! It's an adventure, ya know? I didn't keep track of the shiny bits I did or did not get. It was just... a fun journey.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Straight White Shark posted:

Also, there's diminishing returns to killing lots of the same type of enemy. Killing hundreds of red/blue bokoblins won't boost the meter, finding a new variant of a monster and killing a handful of it will make it go shooting up.

I asked way back when and it also effects the amiibo drops. Starting a new game and using all the zelda amiibos you'll get pretty low level stuff across the board. After killing the first divine beast the drop rates change significantly and you start'll seeing the amiibo only weapons from time to time.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
You guys, I just watched a 10 minute video on the Zelda timeline and I’m not gonna lie, it was not worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Also there is a whole bunch of Zelda games I had never even heard off.