Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Tens of dollars!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
NIS wouldn't be in trouble if they had tens of dollars

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Ka0 posted:

NISA could come up with an Ar Tonelico pack, like the one they did for the Disgaea games on PS3 a while back. I never got into AT1 but I played a bit of melody of metafallica and it wasn't dreadful. Never saw the ps3 one in stores.

NISA and Gust haven't worked together ever since Koei-Tecmo bought Gust, I believe. So if this were to happen it would probably be made by KT/Gust rather than NISA.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It's hard to believe Bloodstained turned out good after a year long delay and being passed around 4 different studios.

The game promised Wii U and Vita ports, it sets such a beautiful timeline for the project.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean. it probably turned out good because they gave it a year long delay

al-azad
May 28, 2009

lol wrong thread. I dunno, just really shocked the game survived running out of money and various management snafus. I think that speaks highly of Iga's management skills with paper thin Konami budgets and the faith of everyone involved with the project.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

So I made it to act 2 in DQ11. I guess its been done before but man that was still one hell of a twist

Also when you reach Last Bastion and Sandy is just waiting for you as soon as you open the doors holy poo poo I nearly cried

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

babypolis posted:

So I made it to act 2 in DQ11. I guess its been done before but man that was still one hell of a twist

Also when you reach Last Bastion and Sandy is just waiting for you as soon as you open the doors holy poo poo I nearly cried

Act 2 is really good. Everyone gets some much-needed development, too.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Maybe whoever buys up NIS' properties can finally rerelease Soul Nomad.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

al-azad posted:

lol wrong thread. I dunno, just really shocked the game survived running out of money and various management snafus. I think that speaks highly of Iga's management skills with paper thin Konami budgets and the faith of everyone involved with the project.

I don't know it's kinda rpgey in a symphony of the nite way, and I will definitely pick up a copy as soon as I finish with atelier lydie & suelle.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Ka0 posted:

NISA could come up with an Ar Tonelico pack, like the one they did for the Disgaea games on PS3 a while back. I never got into AT1 but I played a bit of melody of metafallica and it wasn't dreadful. Never saw the ps3 one in stores.
I don't know if they can, actually. Ar Tonelico is a series made by the developer Gust, which is now owned by Koei Tecmo IIRC. NIS just localized the games and published them outside Japan before then. Just like the Atelier series, which was also previously localized by NIS, Koei Tecmo owns Ar Tonelico now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The AT2 localization is enough of a disaster that its probably more trouble than it's worth

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

cheetah7071 posted:

The AT2 localization is enough of a disaster that its probably more trouble than it's worth
Koei Tecmo probably can't use NISA's localizations, and while NISA might be able to release a compilation of their localizations in the countries where they are the publisher, they probably don't have the source code to do so. Any hypothetical compilation would probably have to be done by Gust and would result in a re-localization of the games.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I mean somehow they got the original localizations for the Arland trilogy. I assume they can just license them. My point was more would they want to license the AT2 one given its numerous issues

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

What problems were there aside from the infamous boss script fuckup?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Multiple untranslated lines, at least. It's supposed to be kind of low quality too but that's more invisible

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I did it! 108 stars and a finished suikoden 1! That was not as boring as I thought it would be. Despite the age of the game it still had some really great stuff in it, little scenes like the night before the final battle stood out in a good way. Do I just use my most recent save file when I start suikoden 2 to get the bonus stuff?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kingtheninja posted:

I did it! 108 stars and a finished suikoden 1! That was not as boring as I thought it would be. Despite the age of the game it still had some really great stuff in it, little scenes like the night before the final battle stood out in a good way. Do I just use my most recent save file when I start suikoden 2 to get the bonus stuff?

iirc it has to be a save file at the very last save point in the final dungeon

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Genuinely jealous of getting to play Suikoden 2 for the first time again. Good fuckin game yo

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The White Dragon posted:

iirc it has to be a save file at the very last save point in the final dungeon

On one hand I want to suggest looking at a guide of what imports for whom since certain characters can carry over gear and some can't be removed, so it sucks if they had garbage armor on in S1.

On the other hand, gently caress that. Go in to S2 100% blind because it's hands down one of the best RPGs of all times.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Speaking of the good Suikoden games, and now that an HD release is incoming, does Alliance Alive measure up in terms of story.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Ka0 posted:

Speaking of the good Suikoden games, and now that an HD release is incoming, does Alliance Alive measure up in terms of story.

No.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Has anyone played God Wars

al-azad
May 28, 2009

5 hours into Wild ARMs 4 I think the most disappointing thing is that the villains are kind of lame? I loved Alhazad, Liz and Ard, the literal anime magic girl who transforms by reading light novels. But this game has... uh... a vampire, scarred twins, a butler who says bad jokes, a worse Janus Cascade, and a bunch of other forgettable faces like a Xenogears rear end council of mummies. Hoping these guys step up and do something cool.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

al-azad posted:

5 hours into Wild ARMs 4 I think the most disappointing thing is that the villains are kind of lame? I loved Alhazad, Liz and Ard, the literal anime magic girl who transforms by reading light novels. But this game has... uh... a vampire, scarred twins, a butler who says bad jokes, a worse Janus Cascade, and a bunch of other forgettable faces like a Xenogears rear end council of mummies. Hoping these guys step up and do something cool.

Wild Arms 4 villains are lame, they're cooler in 5 but the playable characters are worse so :shrug:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
There's that one dude with a tank-buster chainsaw and jetpack. Mad respect for that guy, whatever his name was.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Clarste posted:

There's that one dude with a tank-buster chainsaw and jetpack. Mad respect for that guy, whatever his name was.

He ruled

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I feel like I'm an extreme outlier here, because I absolutely abhorred Wild ARMs 4 while adoring 5 because of the main cast; I actually really liked that in 5, the main character, Dean, was also the central source of positivity and often carried the rest of the cast through their JRPG-mandated sad time when it came up in the story

Contrast to that my burning hatred for whatever the gently caress his name is in 4 who wouldn't shut the gently caress up about "i'm not a kid!!!" and his world-weary 19-year old friend constantly berating him for being just a kid I know I'm getting it wrong but I don't care

gently caress WA4

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
it's all a moot point anyway because WA3 is the best and Clive's family are the best

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I honestly don't remember a single villain from WA4

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I remember their boss fight gimmicks and imo that's a good thing because they made the battle memorable.

Like the guy who just shoots you whenever you try to act and you have to wait for him to run out of bullets.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

yeah i remember there was a cool boss who stopped time and the gimmick fight was awesome, but i have no idea what he looked like or what his name was

U-DO Burger fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 22, 2019

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Combat in WA4 is the high point, I just wish Jude wasn't the only one with an arm and I also wish Raquel wasn't a snail but I guess she would just one-shot everything otherwise.

Arnaud is the most realistically written 19 year old in a video game and by that I mean he just finished his first semester at college and has to tell everyone what he learned.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

WA4 had a lot of villains that they kinda just toss away really quickly so they never stick in your mind

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Super Neptunia RPG PC version locked up on me during a boss battle. Fortunately that meant I saved just beforehand but it does mean the random battle soft locks are still in the game.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Illusion of Gaia has very good music.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Verranicus posted:

Illusion of Gaia has very good music.

My favorite thing regarding the music in IoG is how early in the game you save those slaves (ahem, "labourers") and they give you the song of memory which you use and then promptly forget about, then much later you go to Ankor Wat and realize the song of memory is the same as the music there

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Booourns posted:

My favorite thing regarding the music in IoG is how early in the game you save those slaves (ahem, "labourers") and they give you the song of memory which you use and then promptly forget about, then much later you go to Ankor Wat and realize the song of memory is the same as the music there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX-nmDLTZSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybdy5YBQvMU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CqZv5u8hgE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twRv1qR6rVw