Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/nicknprince/status/1142145102858485760

I like Gerry but this is pretty cucked.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

resistentialism posted:

Don't they usually do 'exile all FOO from your graveyard, until end of turn you may play/cast those cards, return all unplayed cards to your graveyard at end of turn'?

I guess it lets him activate it multiple times per turn, if that matters. It might.

i think the idea is that the ones you exile can't be reincarnated, not that they can.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Ya, that much is fairly obvious. Just seems like there's possibly some extra bookkeeping if you're putting other legendaries back in the yard in the same turn.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

....why?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

MikeCrotch posted:

I like listening to your podcast even though I will very likely never play Modern (I only play on Arena)

Thank you for this!

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Haha, I saw someone post pics on twitter of them doing this to their Guru lands.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Those are the ones with Terese Neilson art.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kurieg posted:

Those are the ones with Terese Neilson art.

as opposed to the art from who?

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

evilweasel posted:

a non-chud?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

evilweasel posted:

Jamie Jones, I guess.

tqilamknbrd posted:

a non-chud?

I think weasel's point was more in reference to the fact that old FoW was also Nielson art

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

imagine being this much of a chud

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Eej posted:

I’m literally Vice President of the DSA.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Eej posted:

This is the exact opposite of being a chud, really.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Arivia posted:

This is the exact opposite of being a chud, really.

he's talking about fadam, the guy who still uses the word "cuck" in 2019 and thinks it's really funny to make fun of poor people

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

-Last words

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

little munchkin posted:

he's talking about fadam, the guy who still uses the word "cuck" in 2019 and thinks it's really funny to make fun of poor people

Nobody’s perfect.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

quote:

"Eternal Isolation"
1W
Sorcery
Put target creature with power 4 or greater on the bottom of its owner's library.
"Well, at least the view is nice."

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

LSV with a quick exit on day one...

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

You know what you gotta do WOTC. Time to reprint FoW with a different artist at rare so everybody can pick up a cheap set replace their Nielsen copies.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Given that nobody has ever proven anything beyond her liking some tweets, this seems extreme. But it's his own property so he can do whatever.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
"I'm going to destroy the value of $520 of my own property to spite someone who has unfortunate political beliefs I don't like while not affecting them in any remote way" is kind of a massive self-own tbh

like I'm pretty drat disappointed about Nielsen too but if you think I'm about to wreck a card I spent a lot of my own hard-earned money on you're nuts

Framboise fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 22, 2019

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Star Man posted:

Planeswalkers with static abilities are the problem.

At the main event at magicfest Taipei, they made a big announcement before R1 so EVERYONE REMEMBERS THE STATIC ABILITIES, STOP loving IT UP

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Sounds like he should quit magic since they send Mooney to Nielsen

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Framboise posted:

"I'm going to destroy the value of $520 of my own property to spite someone who has unfortunate political beliefs I don't like while not affecting them in any remote way" is kind of a massive self-own tbh

like I'm pretty drat disappointed about Nielsen too but if you think I'm about to wreck a card I spent a lot of my own hard-earned money on you're nuts

Who is making you wreck your own cards? Like, why the hell are you taking this so personally?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

to be fair, gerry t is also massively owning all the soggy bottom babies in this thread crying about it, so that's worth even more

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Gerry has given up maybe tens of thousands of dollars with his world's and MPL protests, why do you think he gives a poo poo about his FoWs?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Actually, destroying the resale value of the product, while doing nothing to hinder its actual value for playing a card game, is excellent. It's making a statement against chuds and against toxic capitalism at the same time, which is like a two-for-one, which if you know your advanced Magic strategy is a form of card advantage

Lone Goat posted:

to be fair, gerry t is also massively owning all the soggy bottom babies in this thread crying about it, so that's worth even more

Holy poo poo, I didn't even think of this. So much value

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

GerryT is a treasure, the magic community does not deserve him, but I’m grateful he is a part of it.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
His video can serve as metaphorical. Like, "here's a $520 gently caress you to the ideology this person may or may not hold but at least represents." And it's not like he threw his brand new jordans in a fire, it's still cardboard and he might still be able to play them (not sure about alters these days.)

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Your protests aren't meaningful unless you're willing to inconvenience yourself or be harmed to make your point.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Ada posted:

His video can serve as metaphorical. Like, "here's a $520 gently caress you to the ideology this person may or may not hold but at least represents." And it's not like he threw his brand new jordans in a fire, it's still cardboard and he might still be able to play them (not sure about alters these days.)

The art needs to be recognizable, so the cards aren't playable, unless he says it's a political statement in which case the judges will probably fold.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

What's up with this spoiler season, why don't I know what the flying horse guy and vivien who doesn't make tokens or an emblem does? I thought it was just a week?

Or is it a week monday to monday?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Spiderdrake posted:

What's up with this spoiler season, why don't I know what the flying horse guy and vivien who doesn't make tokens or an emblem does? I thought it was just a week?

Or is it a week monday to monday?

According to their preview schedule, there are previews on Monday.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

LifeLynx posted:

The art needs to be recognizable, so the cards aren't playable, unless he says it's a political statement in which case the judges will probably fold.

Since when? Legit question. I would have thought (and indeed always did think) the important part was to be able to unambiguously identify the card.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Spiderdrake posted:

vivien who doesn't make tokens or an emblem

Elyv posted:

have some intro deck walkers

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah but it looks like the new real Vivien doesn't do either, as well.

LifeLynx posted:

According to their preview schedule, there are previews on Monday.
Thanks!

What a weird spoiler season after two great ones.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

JerryLee posted:

Since when? Legit question. I would have thought (and indeed always did think) the important part was to be able to unambiguously identify the card.

Since it’s an instant you just need to say what the card name is and it’s in the graveyard.

Might be different with permeates. But I obviously have no nodes what the letter of the law it.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

JerryLee posted:

Just checked, it's still in the Magic Tournament Rules.

"Artistic modifications are acceptable in sanctioned tournaments, provided that the modifications do not make the card art unrecognizable, contain substantial strategic advice, or contain offensive images. Artistic modifications
also may not cover or change the mana cost or name of the card."

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Star Man posted:

Your protests aren't meaningful unless you're willing to inconvenience yourself or be harmed to make your point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

JerryLee posted:

Could be a problem if someone doesn't speak or read the language of the card being played.