Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I've posted a few times about this player who has sent me tells requesting I strip down my character, including them asking again a year and a half later. While going through my ff14 screenshot folder (over 1k screenshots!) I found this, and yes, it was them, again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Leal posted:

I've posted a few times about this player who has sent me tells requesting I strip down my character, including them asking again a year and a half later. While going through my ff14 screenshot folder (over 1k screenshots!) I found this, and yes, it was them, again.

What server

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The weirdest kick I got was an old levelling roulette in Halatali. Completely nondescript run. Good pace, no deaths, no party chat. 1 pull from the final boss I was dismissed.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I love the running jokes this game has, like Alphi being a ridiculously good artist, or you taking your life in your hand if you try to take Tataru's money.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

THE SCIONS' FINANCES ARE NO JOKE

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Countblanc posted:

Yeah. It's 10/10 mana for 300 potency (it's also ranged if Enchanted). If the numbers stay the same as the April build we saw it will be used very sparingly, but those might change - it really depends on if SE designed it to be a galaxy brain minmax tool for people with brain worms like me to optimize and otherwise mostly ignore, or if it's supposed to be used somewhat regularly. Or if it's just RDM Scathe

I figure it's mostly just for when you need to move but don't have a dual cast proc ready.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Fister Roboto posted:

Happened to me in Bardam's a few weeks ago. I popped it on trash as soon as we got it, tank yelled at me and said we needed it for the final boss.

I don't think you realize that saving the LB2 until the final boss is at 1% and then using it, only to have the final boss die before the LB finishes, is the 100% best way to play. :v:

The caster LB does make the wing phase of Yol easier, it's true, but you never need it. I've tanked/healed so many dungeons where I never saw either DPS fire a single limit break, even with prompting.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Just ordered Shadowbringers on Steam (yeah yeah, I know, I bought ARR on Steam way back when before I knew better). I got my pre-order code entered in the Mog Station for early access. Does anyone know when the site will start accepting the Collector's Edition codes?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I do expert roulettes as a caster, and I try my best to remember to use LB on trash but I forget fairly often. Usually because I'm half-zoned out and just kinda doing my rotation while also listening to a podcast or something. It actually annoys me a bit that I forget to use it. At least in Ghimlyt Dark I can use it on the last boss to some effect at the very end.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
the good news is that the week before shb comes out is SGDQ.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
I've done like thousands of roulette as all roles and never been kicked. I never seem to get into these hell parties ya'll seem to find, I've only ever had like two properly bad experiences. One healing the vault (of course) and one where the tank pitched a fit because the healer rolled need on a healer ring which was very weird.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
you get more hell parties when you play during off hours when the poopsocker concentration is higher

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The only genuine "what the gently caress" party I've ever had was doing normal Qarn where I marked enemies really quickly with tab targeting and had the healer accuse me of "hacking" (???) because I did it fast. We made it past the first boss before they randomly decided to punish me by going AFK and refusing to move or roll on items so we could kick them, so I just left.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I've almost never gotten hell parties doing exdr but I've gotten a lot of people who don't even groan at my puns.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

as someone who has only recently been leveling dps classes instead of playing nothing but tanks, i very often forget that LB is even an option. i'm trying to get better at it, but usually what happens is i burn it a level early thinking it's not going to charge up more by the time it's worth using :rolldice:

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

Solovey posted:

anyway, speaking of frightening and unsightly lizards: I know there are at least a few other goons on balmung, so I thought I'd extend an invitation to the eternal bonding ceremony my friend and I are finally doing with our characters, just in time for ShB!!

the ceremony will commence on Saturday, June 22 at 5pm EDT! this is balmung so of course there may be some light RP going on, but it's not at all mandatory! just please be respectful and don't harass or grief anyone who does RP (and by that same token, ERP and other public trashiness will also not be tolerated). aside from that, all are welcome, even if you just want the free wedding swag!! feel free to send a tell to Bala Qestir if you happen to catch me online over the weekend, or just show up at the sanctuary a little before starting time and I'll be around to pass out invites!

posting again because this is happening in about one hour! lizard marriage!!! :toot:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

So I beat ARR and uh is it normal for your party to somehow skip the cutscenes in Ultima Weapon dungeon so fast you literally do absolute nothing (not even see a fight) from Nero onwards

It was just cutscenes back to back

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

So I beat ARR and uh is it normal for your party to somehow skip the cutscenes in Ultima Weapon dungeon so fast you literally do absolute nothing (not even see a fight) from Nero onwards

Huh how? They made the cutscenes unskippable there like 2 years ago because people were doing exactly that

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It used to be normal yeah, it's supposed to make everyone watch the cutscenes in there now, but there's ways around that and I guess knowledge of that is becoming more common.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

homeless snail posted:

Huh how? They made the cutscenes unskippable there like 2 years ago because people were doing exactly that

I believe they're skippable if you go in a formed group. Its only under the roulette that they're unskippable.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If you disconnect you can skip cutscenes, so people will do that.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Wacky Delly posted:

I believe they're skippable if you go in a formed group. Its only under the roulette that they're unskippable.

If you force DC during a cutscene when you log back in you will have skipped it. If everyone is in on it you can cut the run time in half, but not all cutscenes are long enough for it to be worth relogging.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
I've never been kicked, and I've only had to kick one person so far. When I did the first Nidhogg fight the party wiped on the boss twice because none of us realized we had to actually protect Estinien. Third run up, we're discussing what to do and telling the healer to keep him topped off while I manage adds on my RDM and the healer just loses it. He demands that we all stop talking in party chat or he will refuse to cure us during the fight. After we attempted to "reason" with him for about ten minutes we ended up booting him. His replacement was horrified when we told him about his predecessor.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Kongming posted:

If you force DC during a cutscene when you log back in you will have skipped it. If everyone is in on it you can cut the run time in half, but not all cutscenes are long enough for it to be worth relogging.

yeah if you kill task manager you can skip it.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Group picture day successfully underway:

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The only time I got kicked was back in 2.4 when NIN first came out and I was using Death Blossom on trash pulls and the other DPS told me to just lay a Doton and do single target rotation, so when I called him an idiot I was kicked shortly after.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
everyone: wow I can't believe protect is loving dying!
my inner 2.0 scholar:

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Kaubocks posted:

as someone who has only recently been leveling dps classes instead of playing nothing but tanks, i very often forget that LB is even an option. i'm trying to get better at it, but usually what happens is i burn it a level early thinking it's not going to charge up more by the time it's worth using :rolldice:

If you're playing a ranged class, your LB1 on a trash pull is going to be more valuable than any LB2 against a boss, generally. If you're playing melee, and the other DPS player in your party is also melee, it's maybe worth saving. I still just always use it as soon as it's up.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My thoughts on the 3.5 story (spoilers??):

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
It doesn't even have to be that nefarious. The time between cutscenes at the end of Praetorium is seconds. If you get sufficiently behind the leader by, say, getting lost or missing an elevator, you can hit the 'activate magitek armor' cutscene late enough that the party hits the nero cutscene before you come out of it. Then more and more cutscenes get added to the stack and you come out of it in the Ultima Weapon fight or not at all.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

they're in for a shock when they play with alisaie

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

DGKK picture day:

Here's an album of more if you want to see the crowd grow and shrink (into lalafell): https://imgur.com/a/hWDyFKL

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Another angle and set of gpose filters:

Imagine being interesting (this photo courtesy of the midlander crew):

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

rainy photo

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

I think we've found the actual DGKK minority race.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If people kick you unfairly from dungeons you can report them. Square takes that poo poo pretty seriously.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Solovey posted:

posting again because this is happening in about one hour! lizard marriage!!! :toot:

[16:14]Lycoris Elsiae: I'm gay
[16:14]Lycoris Elsiae: and I love this lizard.
[16:14]Brinn Rosa: best speech 10/10

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
DGKK is a group of players in Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood:

Horrible gremlins, filthy lucre:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

FactsAreUseless posted:

If people kick you unfairly from dungeons you can report them. Square takes that poo poo pretty seriously.

A mentor crown got my significant other votekicked from our first-time Ghymlet Dark run because she wasn't pulling everything to the boss door and I think it was the first time I got mad in this game.