Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Looking through the Adepta Sororitas list for hints about what may be coming and the most telling thing is that the repressor is not included. Nothing new. (No missionary, and imagifier is still listed as an elite character, so it actually looks like this is entirely based on the old ruleset, not even the beta rules, so I'm guessing this probably is not representative of anything.)

vv Jesus, I didn't even scroll that far, guess that's what I get for desperately grasping onto the first data I find

Giant Isopod fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Giant Isopod posted:

Looking through the Adepta Sororitas list for hints about what may be coming and the most telling thing is that the repressor is not included. Nothing new. (No missionary, and imagifier is still listed as an elite character, so it actually looks like this is entirely based on the old ruleset, not even the beta rules, so I'm guessing this probably is not representative of anything.)

It's in the fw sisters pdf.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

TKIY posted:

Glad to see infantry squads can still take special weapons, etc.

Honestly, I can see playing this over regular 40k for 2,000 point games. It addresses the biggest issue with 40K, how loving long a game takes.

Really looking at that as well. Would be kind of funny if the Apocalypse rules end up being better / preferred for playing smaller scale games.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Reading through the Ork sheets, and the FW sheets have some units not on the FW webstore? I've never even heard of a Kill Krusha or a Dethrolla Battle Fortress.

Also lmao at our literal tank having no save against large blast markers. And only an 8+ against smalls.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

The only things that wound tanks better are on titans and superheavies, and they mostly have significantly fewer shots. In a game of blowing up knights and titans the executioner looks extremely good.

I love that the Executioner still includes the main armament of the regular Repulsor.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
And that's all the Chaos Marines from Shadowspear after these 5. Just the Master of Possession to go.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Chaos Knight datasheet suggest that the Chaos equivalent of an Armiger is a War Dog, which is just one datasheet but is still restricted to just taking the Helevrin or Warglaive armaments, with no options for mixing and matching.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

xtothez posted:

This is an interesting design decision...

Reavers are gonna lose damage much quicker with a 5+ save against large blast markers, while I assume 3+ is the best possible save normally.

Titans also have to pay extra PL to take different guns.

Shouldn’t that be reversed? A fleshy big bug with lots of wounds but a not great save, and an armoured void shielded robot with a great save but not that many wounds once you get past it.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

ijyt posted:

Shouldn’t that be reversed? A fleshy big bug with lots of wounds but a not great save, and an armoured void shielded robot with a great save but not that many wounds once you get past it.

Maybe the bulk of the wounds are meant to represent the void shields?

While the great save but few wounds on the bug represents tissue regeneration and generally shrugging off wounds to less vital parts.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Imperial titans have a special rule for void shields that lets them discard the first blast marker each damage phase.

On top of that they seem to be basing wounds on how massive a unit is. A Hierophant model is about the height of a Warhound but far more spindly. Hierophants are also protected by a 'warp field' in the fluff, and as above are known to regenerate quickly.

Ive had a look around other factions and 3+ saves are really rare. Generally they're only on low-wound named characters like Gulliman.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Booley posted:

Apocalypse power levels have nothing to do with 40k power levels. The executioner is likely significantly more powerful than the normal repulsor.

Booley posted:

The only things that wound tanks better are on titans and superheavies, and they mostly have significantly fewer shots. In a game of blowing up knights and titans the executioner looks extremely good.

Repulsor Executioner: 10" M, 5+ WS, 3+ BS, A3, W3, Ld 7, Sv 5+, 24 PL
- Heavy Laser Destroyer (2A, 9+ SAP, 4+ SAT)
- Heavy Onslaught Gatling (4A, 7+ SAP, 9+ SAT)
- Twin Heavy Bolter (2A, 7+ SAP, 9+ SAT)
- Icarus Weapons (1A. 8+ SAP, 10+ SAT)
- Repulsor DWS (2A, 7+ SAP, 9+ SAT)
- Transports 6

Repulsor: 10" M, 5+ WS, 3+ BS, A3, W3, Ld 7, Sv 5+, 14 PL
- Las-Talon (2A, 10+ SAP, 5+ SAT)
- Twin Lascannon (2A, 10+ SAP, 5+ SAT)
- Onslaught Gatling (2A, 7+ SAP, 9+ SAT)
- Icarus Weapons (1A. 8+ SAP, 10+ SAT)
- Repulsor DWS (2A, 7+ SAP, 9+ SAT)
- Transports 10

Shadowsword: 10" M, 5+ WS, 4+ BS, A2, W5, Ld 6, Sv 6+, 25 PL
- Volcano Cannon (4A, 7+ SAP, 3+ SAT, Destroyer)
- Twin Heavy Bolter (2A, 7+ SAP, 9+ SAT)

Blinged Out Shadowsword: 10" M, 5+ WS, 4+ BS, A2, W5, Ld 6, Sv 6+, 29 PL
- Volcano Cannon (4A, 7+ SAP, 3+ SAT, Destroyer)
- 5x Twin Heavy Bolter (10A, 7+ SAP, 9+ SAT)
- 4x Lascannon (4A, 10+ SAP, 5+ SAT)

Now obviously I don't have any information on the rules outside of what was presented, but by PL the Executioner is considered to be at the level of a superheavy. At least by my reading it doesn't seem to be all that comparable, but I could easily be wrong. Repulsors in general look like they're going to be a lot of fun at killing troops though; that's a lot of dakka.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Don't forget the Executioner gets Grinding Advance to shoot the biggest gun twice.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Strobe posted:

Don't forget the Executioner gets Grinding Advance to shoot the biggest gun twice.

Right, so it's effectively 4 shots. That's equivalent to the Shadowsword Volcano Cannon, which gets 4 shots even if it moves. And the VC has Destroyer so it's effectively double the damage every time it hits. Assuming you use the weapons for their intended targets the Executioner will average 2 blast markers against a vehicle while the lascannon/las-talon Repulsor will average 1.78. The Shadowsword will average 3.33.

A single shot from a Belicosa Volcano Cannon will average 6.11.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Isn't it a 3+ on a D12?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Right, so it's effectively 4 shots. That's equivalent to the Shadowsword Volcano Cannon, which gets 4 shots even if it moves. And the VC has Destroyer so it's effectively double the damage every time it hits. Assuming you use the weapons for their intended targets the Executioner will average 2 blast markers against a vehicle while the lascannon/las-talon Repulsor will average 1.78. The Shadowsword will average 3.33.

A single shot from a Belicosa Volcano Cannon will average 6.11.

Under half movement, so the Executioner will get fully 60% of the Shadowsword's move. It also has nine other attacks nearly every single one of which is equivalent to the Twin Heavy Bolters if not better.

It won't win a DPS contest against Titans but it sure comes close enough that the price doesn't seem off to me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
To be clear, I'm not trying to be critical or negative. I'm really excited about Apocalypse and think it's going to be a really fun way to play larger games. Mostly I saw the Executioner PL and thought "huh, that's odd".

moths posted:

Isn't it a 3+ on a D12?

Yes. And the Belicosa Volcanno Cannon is a 2+. :laugh:

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Yeah I think something is fucky with the Executioner. It's not too far off the stat line of a Tyrannofex with Rupture cannon (very similar profile to the laser destroyer) yet costs more than twice as much for a few extra guns and a small transport capacity.

Will be interesting to see what the 40k points / PL turn out to be.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I feel like the extra 9 shots it gets on top of the main gun is pretty significant, considering it's equivalent to a little bit more than four Twin Heavy Bolter Razorbacks.

Number of shots in Apoc is waaaay down. A squad of Intercessors gets 2.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Deified Data posted:

And that's all the Chaos Marines from Shadowspear after these 5. Just the Master of Possession to go.

Nice work! My Shadowspear stuff is still on sprue and my hobby shame is great. After seeing so many cool Black Legions paintjobs, including the one that wrecked my face yesterday, I'm almost more motivated to get those Chaosy boys done than I am get the Vanguard stuff integrated into my Crimson Fists.

When I got back into 40k at the end of 7th, I started with World Eaters and Khorne Deamons, but my goal was always to have a mix of the big Chaos nasties. If we finally get new World Eaters and Emperor's Children on top of all the Death Guard and Thousand Sons goodness, my sould may be eternally damned.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Found some Ork PL levels they hosed up slightly, so I wouldn't rule out any errors. They did just re-write several hundred unit entries in one go.

Looted Wagons are 3 PL like a kart (Russes are around 10 PL), battle fortresses show 8PL/12PL depending which page you look at (Baneblades are 25-28 PL).

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

The orange is a bit strong for my taste, but you're getting better results than most of the people I see using Contrast.

Going to jump on the meh train for contrast paints. So far they’ve been very underwhelming compared to layering.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

No Gargantuan Squiggoth.
No Kill Tank.
No Kustom Stompa.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

No Gargantuan Squiggoth.
No Kill Tank.
No Kustom Stompa.

Filter by Forgeworld at the top.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

OhDearGodNo posted:

No Gargantuan Squiggoth.
No Kill Tank.
No Kustom Stompa.

Scroll down to the Forgeworld section.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

xtothez posted:

Found some Ork PL levels they hosed up slightly, so I wouldn't rule out any errors. They did just re-write several hundred unit entries in one go.

Looted Wagons are 3 PL like a kart (Russes are around 10 PL), battle fortresses show 8PL/12PL depending which page you look at (Baneblades are 25-28 PL).

Are we sure they're typo's? Ork shooting being as bad as it is, without the volume of fire to make up for it, along with bad armor saves, makes them seem appropriately priced imo.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Can anyone recommend a good source to order GW paints? I've had bad luck with having the paints I need in stock (apparently someone is drinking Leadbelcher with every meal in my area), and my FLGS screwed up my most recent special order so I'm wary to do that through them again. Also had a special order from a website recommend on a podcast screwed up too, so I'm extra paranoid. I'm sure I could just grab a bunch of amazon or whatever but I'd rather source them from a single vendor instead of having a dozen little shipments.

Anyone you fine goons can recommend that is reliable?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I'm now really wondering how to use a single Harridan in Apoc. It can't really go into a super-heavy detachment as it'll be out of command range as soon as it moves, and you only get one supreme command detachment per army. Hopefully aux detachments are still a thing.

The Jumpoff posted:

Are we sure they're typo's? Ork shooting being as bad as it is, without the volume of fire to make up for it, along with bad armor saves, makes them seem appropriately priced imo.
The Kart/Wagon might not be as they have virtually the same profile, but the Battlefortress is a bit, uh...

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Can anyone recommend a good source to order GW paints? I've had bad luck with having the paints I need in stock (apparently someone is drinking Leadbelcher with every meal in my area), and my FLGS screwed up my most recent special order so I'm wary to do that through them again. Also had a special order from a website recommend on a podcast screwed up too, so I'm extra paranoid. I'm sure I could just grab a bunch of amazon or whatever but I'd rather source them from a single vendor instead of having a dozen little shipments.

Anyone you fine goons can recommend that is reliable?
Where are you?

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

xtothez posted:

Where are you?

Yeah probably should have mentioned that, whoops. US East Coast.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

richyp posted:

1 of 5 on the Blanche Bois done

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Nice work! My Shadowspear stuff is still on sprue and my hobby shame is great. After seeing so many cool Black Legions paintjobs, including the one that wrecked my face yesterday, I'm almost more motivated to get those Chaosy boys done than I am get the Vanguard stuff integrated into my Crimson Fists.

When I got back into 40k at the end of 7th, I started with World Eaters and Khorne Deamons, but my goal was always to have a mix of the big Chaos nasties. If we finally get new World Eaters and Emperor's Children on top of all the Death Guard and Thousand Sons goodness, my sould may be eternally damned.

Yeah, I have kind of the same ambition atm, though I wonder how naive I am to assume I could get that much painting done - a solid core of Black Legion with forces on loan from the 4 god-dedicated forces. After I finish my BL to a satisfactory degree I'd like to start with a Greater Daemon of each God as centerpieces for the rest and expand out from there. It's gonna be hard not to approach Emperor's Children as my main force if they get a new model line though.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Filter by Forgeworld at the top.

Oh FFS GW that’s not even remotely intuitive on the mobile site. Thank you.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

OhDearGodNo posted:

Going to jump on the meh train for contrast paints. So far they’ve been very underwhelming compared to layering.

I think part of that is simply GW's advertised "slap it on" approach. I've seen some nice stuff done with them in conjunction with normal paints. Mixing up translucent layers, pre-shading an area in an appropriate colour etc. Even just paying attention to location and application.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

This is perfect, thank you!!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

Oh FFS GW that’s not even remotely intuitive on the mobile site. Thank you.

I didn't realize it either until I checked on Facebook and a third person was complaining about it.

Texmo posted:

This is perfect, thank you!!

You're welcome! He's a great resource. Cheapest place I know of.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

This is incredible. That glow.

e: found your tutorial, gonna give it a shot

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 25, 2019

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Cross-post:

JackMann posted:

In things I did do, I finished up a battlewagon last night:

Orks and grot were done with contrast paints. Grot rigger was made from a night goblin fanatic with a head from the gretchin box.

That puts me at about a thousand points of ork stuff painted, once I base a few things. I made it in before July, which means I get to treat myself to some Forge World stuff for my birthday. Still need to decide what I want.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

xtothez posted:

This is an interesting design decision...

Reavers are gonna lose damage much quicker with a 5+ save against large blast markers, while I assume 3+ is the best possible save normally.

Titans also have to pay extra PL to take different guns.

Did some math-hammer on this and got some interesting results. For reference:
Ork Stompa 8W, 6+ Sv, 49PL
Nid Hierophant 8W, 3+ Sv, 95PL
Warhound Titan 12W, 5+ Sv, 60PL
Reaver Titan 24W, 5+ Sv, 100-154PL
Warlord Titan 36W, 4+ Sv, 154-244PL

Assuming average rolling:
You need 10 large blast markers to kill a Stompa (8.3 wounds inflicted after 6+ save on a D6).
You need 35 large blast markers to kill a Hierophant (inflicting 7.6 wounds after 3+ save on a D6)
You need 14 large blast markers to kill a Warhound (inflicting 11.6 wounds after 5+ save on a D6 - ignoring void shield rule for Warhound as it removes small over large markers)
You need 37 large blast markers to kill a Reaver (36 after void shield rule, inflicting 23.8 wounds after 5+ save on a D6)
You need 73 large blast markers to kill a Warlord (72 after void shield rule, inflicting 36 wounds after 4+ save on a D6)

3+ saves in this game are gold.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

JackMann posted:

Cross-post:

That puts me at about a thousand points of ork stuff painted, once I base a few things. I made it in before July, which means I get to treat myself to some Forge World stuff for my birthday. Still need to decide what I want.

Gargantuan Squiggoth.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

OhDearGodNo posted:

Gargantuan Squiggoth.

Except you kit bash it out of one of those big LotR elephants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Speaking of forgeworld, I'm seriously considering a Crassus Transport for my Vostroyan force since it looks so drat Soviet. Anyone care to talk me out of it?