Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA , Girlfriend mad I told her she looks like a pig

"but she literally looks like swine, why is she mad???"

e:
AITA for telling my friend exactly why i never want to take her out places.

quote:

throwaway as this could go bad.

I have a friend (tilly) who is 21f she weighs 400 pounds (last time I asked), I had to stop inviting her out because a 10 minute walk would turn into a half an hour walk because we would have to stop every 5/10 minutes for her to rest. we have missed movies and she cant do anything because of her size. she also showers once every 4 or so days but because of her size she cant wash everything and so she will normally stink, and sadly it's the kind of stink you notice.

I started suggesting we do fun stuff at her place as an alternative and it worked for a while untill she caught on and asked me why we never go out. I just explained that it was because of her weight and that I struggle to walk that slowly and have that many stops. I also kind mentioned the shower thing because it can be bad.

she got super mad and told me to leave.

AITA? did I do something wrong?

probably should :sever: from the smelly hambeast but if you want to remain friends then gift her one of those washing sticks that fat people use, make sure you only get together on days that she bathes, and get a very early start. nta for explaining the issues to her

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Why didn't people obey the German who demands obedience and to be called by a title, v problematic

but you see, since it is transphobic not to call trans people by their name and pronouns, it is therefore also transphobic not to call cis people by whatever title they request, because all things are the same and it's totally woke and not at all low-key transphobic to draw such equivalencies ~

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

QuarkJets posted:

"but she literally looks like swine, why is she mad???"

e:
AITA for telling my friend exactly why i never want to take her out places.

probably should :sever: from the smelly hambeast but if you want to remain friends then gift her one of those washing sticks that fat people use, make sure you only get together on days that she bathes, and get a very early start. nta for explaining the issues to her

It's actually loving hilarious to me that her weight is more of an issue than her once weekly (I bet she's lying about even every four days) bathing. I cannot imagine showing up to a movie theater after a 30 minute walk with someone who doesn't shower or wash their clothing, amazing.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

i'm generally cool with calling people by whatever pronoun they want but a furry once asked me to refer to them by their furname and I flat-out refused because i didn't want to enable her delusions

maybe in 30 years we'll all be sitting in our fursuits looking back at how bigoted my comment is

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I call dark wing duck

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Don't be an idiot, we'll all be cyber brains sitting inside sex robot bodies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
All will be equal as skulls for the pile.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

In Australia, respect is earned and reciprocated, not assigned by title. You can be the highest ranking person in the country and we'll still tell you to gently caress off if you're a dickhead. OP isn't any more an rear end in a top hat than the rest of us, the culture shock would've sucked for the German though

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

bell jar posted:

In Australia, respect is earned and reciprocated, not assigned by title. You can be the highest ranking person in the country and we'll still tell you to gently caress off if you're a dickhead. OP isn't any more an rear end in a top hat than the rest of us, the culture shock would've sucked for the German though

Mein gott

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

bell jar posted:

Beyond the australian culture thing the only people I've known in the US that were super stuffy about titles had the same "because I'm above you" stench even if they didn't say it as overtly as the person in that story. Like it is absolutely a power play and is a bad look. If anything I'm kinda glad the other grad students were such assholes about it because someday that person will undoubtedly be pulling that poo poo with people they do have more legit power over and those people won't be able to stand up for themselves for fear of losing jobs/livelihood/etc.

It's absolutely gross to treat people like that and is not at all a matter of actual respect. Someone like that absolutely does not "respect" the people beneath them nor will they treat them like actual people.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 28, 2019

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Dazerbeams posted:

Sex robot dragons.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
UPDATE: My wife (30F) suffers from extreme germophobia and anxiety. I (30M) take as many as 30 showers a week to ease her fear of infection. Our relationship is not sustainable and I need help.

quote:

EDIT: Here is the original thread, for those that havent seen it

Its been awhile since my original post, but I didnt want to post until there was substantial progress.

Since then, not much has improved. I decided to convince her to attend out patient behavioral therapy. To my surprise, she agreed and I was so happy.

Unfortunately, she refused to attend the session last night and became violent and suicidal. I had no choice but to get the police involved and have her committed to in patient therapy.

This was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I feel so broken right now. I'm going to see a counselor in hopes that I can figure out what to do.

I dont know how long they are going to keep her in patient yet but I pray that she takes advantage of it because I still love her and I did this because I still do.

I told myself I would stop enabling her, mainly because I just cannot sustain this life. I am physically and mentally exhausted. My kids are my top priority but I cant take care of them if I dont first take care of myself.

I thank all of you who reached out to me on the original post and and recommended things to try. She was set to attend group cognitive behavioral therapy today and I hope that it will help her.

Thanks for reading.

Original post ~3 months ago:

quote:

Hi, everyone. This will probably be lengthy as I have nobody in my life to talk to about this. This is as much an advice thread as it is a place for me vent and it feels good to air this out.

My wife suffers from intense germophobia and anxiety. We have been together for 11 years and married for 8. She has not always been like this, she was relatively normal while we dated but it started to get worse after we got married. She previously worked at a hotel as a receptionist and was occasionally required to handle and wash guest towels. Well, she ended up contracting a staph infection and had to be hospitalized to have the infection drained. Following this, she had to be on antibiotics for 30 days. Ever since that experience, her anxiety and fear of infection has steadily grown over the years up until this point. We also have two children - 2 year old boy and 5 year old girl - and her tendencies affect them, also.

The following list is my attempt at a comprehensive germ-prevention "Standard Operating Procedures" of our household:

If I touch a light switch I need to wash my hands
If I touch a door knob I need to wash my hands
If I go to the garage I need to take a shower before I can sit down or do anything
If I touch her pajamas or I touch towels then I need to take a shower
If I even enter the guest bathroom then I have to take a shower
If my kids enter the guest bathroom they have to have a bath
I am not allowed to use her toilet in the master bathroom
She stops up her toilet everyday and requires me to plunge and clean it (she uses 3x as much TP as a regular person would). The cleaning process is 3 Chlorox wipes - one for the seat, one for under, and one to use to flush it with. I have to immediately shower after this.
If she spills excess water on the floor then I have to mop it and anywhere I walked to include the entire house if that is where I walked after stepping in the water.
She goes through entire loads of her pajamas daily just trying to change her clothes. Every time she uses the toilet, she has to change her clothes. She washes her hands and arms up to her elbows and then her face. If she gets water on her shirt, she will change it. If, when putting on her shirt she touches it to her body, she will change it. If her pants touch the floor when she is putting them on, she will change them. She discards the top shirts in her drawer every time she gets dressed. She uses 6-7 towels after a shower, discarding half of them because "they touched my chest." As you can see, this adds up and I end up folding laundry for 60-90 minutes everyday. This doesnt include the time it takes to actually change it out and take showers.
If I change out laundry and I graze the doorframe when I enter the bedroom with clothes, I have to discard ALL OF THEM.
If an article of clothing touches the edge of the bed, discard it.
If I even touch the dishwasher I have to wash my hands.
If she takes a shower and gets in the bed, she will NOT leave the bedroom or she considers herself dirty and would have to shower again. This means if she is hungry or thirsty I will bring it to her.
Her showers last around 40 minutes. She bathes 3-4 times and washes her hair 2 times. Our water bill is ridiculous.
If my son (2 YO) takes one step outside of his playpen then he has to have a bath before he can go in his bed. This includes naps. If I take him outside (even just for 1 minutes), he would need a bath before he can get in his bed. Not even changing his clothes would suffice.
When I clean the house (which I dont mind, btw. Cleaning your house is necessary), everything has to be done in a very specific order. No deviations from this order or it has to be re done.

Change out laundry and leave washer free
Wash hands, face, and arms and change clothes
Sanitize all toys on floor and put away
Pick up all clothes and put in baskets
Sanitize all counters
Clean kids bathroom
Take out master bathroom trash, wash hands, replace bag
Take out kids trash, wash hands, replace bag
Take out kitchen trash, wash hands, replace bag
Clean guest bathroom, wash hands, take out trash, wash hands, replace bag
Take shower
Put bathroom rugs in washer
Take shower
Sweep entire house in a very specific order
Mop house in very specific order
Take shower
I want to make this clear - I have no problem with cleaning but I often do something in the wrong order or forget to wash my hands and I get berated. My wife has little patience for mistakes that involve germs. Often, I have to clean the house late at night after the kids go to bed so I will be doing it after midnight. Of course I will make mistakes when I am mentally exhausted.

If I bring her water, I have to wash my hands and then hold the cup over my head as it clears the kitchen counter. She thinks that if I hold her cup around my chest that it will touch the counter and be dirty. I do the same thing with plates and utensils.
If I have to discard a piece of clothing on the floor in her vicinity, she will change her clothes and get pissed. She thinks that the air created when the clothing hits the floor will blow bacteria all over her. This is perhaps the one that triggers me the most.
If my dog gets out, he has to have a bath before he can come back. He gets out often because she wont close the door.
My wife will not touch doorknobs. She uses her foot to close the door and she will just loving leave it open over actually closing it - even when she leaves the house.
If I leave the house with my phone, I cannot bring it back into the house until I sanitize it. That includes washing the phone case with soap and water and then using alcohol on the phone.
No shoes on the in house, ever. I had contractors over a month ago and they wore shoes. I had to sanitize every object they touched, and mop TWICE where they walked.
Her depth perception is abysmal. We get in so many fights because she thinks that I touched her with a dirty object when I was halfway across the room. When she gets dressed, I half to watch her and verify that she doesnt touch her body with the outside of the shirt. Same with pants.
We never have people over because of her fear of infection. Plus, I am the one who has to clean and sanitize so I am reluctant to even mention hosting an event or having a party at the house.
There is more things I have to deal with but I cannot remember every situation right now. The worst of it for me is the constant laundry (3-4 loads a day - sometimes more) and showers (4-5 showers a day). I have taken as many as 9 showers in one day and as many as 35 showers in one week. I wash my hands over 50 times a day. I have gotten to the point where I just pretend to take a shower or wash my hands if she isnt in the room. I fantasize about just being able to get through my day not feeling like a puppet on a string. I get no sleep (maybe 4-5 hours on average) and have almost no free time. And this is not because of my kids.

You may be thinking, "dude, go to marriage counseling." We did that about two months ago. My dad may be the only person who really knows what I am going through he told me to be completely honest - hold nothing back. That is exactly what I did. I told the counselor everything that I just revealed to all of you. I have had this talk with my wife already but she says, "you can leave at anytime, if you cant handle it you dont have to be here." The counselor was speechless for a second but then began to address my wife and asking her if it was all true. My wife just shutdown and barely refused to acknowledge it. After the session, my wife got upset at me for "throwing her under the bus" and canceled all future sessions.

I want to say one last thing. Before she went deep into this fear of infection, we had a great relationship. We loved each other and felt we were meant to be. I still love her and want it to work. I have been dealing with the worst of this for nearly 3 years now. I am physically and mentally exhausted. I have thought of leaving multiple times but I am afraid of how it will affect my kids. We also bought a huge house and invested sums of money into it that we would lose. My wife refuses to take medication for her anxiety (I dont blame her, most of it hasnt worked in the past).

Has anyone ever been in situation similar to this? Thank you for taking the time to read and I appreciate any and all advice.

TL;DR - My wife suffers from extreme germophobia and it severely complicates my life and my childrens' lives.

EDIT: I want to make something clear. My children take 1 bath a day (sometimes two). They dont do what I do - that is the one thing I absolutely loving put my foot down on. But yeah, they need out of this situation asap. I talked to my wife a few minutes ago and let her know exactly how I feel - again. She broke down, as expected, and ended our conversation. When I get home we will continue to address this.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
In the future I will be gently caress Car™: The Car That Fucks

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

Enjoy living on the robot reservation. You think were gonna honor those treaties?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for deciding my mother-in-law is not fit to take care of my kids this summer? Thus I quit my job and we can’t afford my husbands boat?

Of course with all Reddit posts, there’s a ton of background here and I will try to make this brief. I know family related posts can get intense so I created a throwaway. I have a good marriage with normal ups and downs. My desire in life is to be a stay at home parent, my kids are my passion and I get more joy out of being with them and watching them grow and learn than I could any job. I do however do bookkeeping from home so I have a decent income(think I make as much as a new school teacher). However my husband confessed to me early this year that he’s tired of feeling like we don’t have the material things his friends do. He said he talked with his mom and she would be happy to watch the kids for free as a test run this summer.

I reluctantly agreed and asked my work for a full time position while I study for the CPA. I’ve had major issues with my MIL, when it comes to food (worst example: she allowed my kids to eat nothing but marshmallows for an entire weekend), politics+religion (won’t get into it but we don’t agree and she always says things like “xxxxx is evil but don’t tell your mom I said that”) and safety (she flaunts the kids not wearing bike helmets and again tells the kids not to tell me).

I was also exceptionally taken aback because before I got my first full time check my husband had taken out a loan at line 9% APR for a wakeboarding boat. I know he’s wanted this for a long time but the unilateral decision really, really bothered me.

We are a month in and it’s not gone well to up to Yesterday. The kids have been repeatedly sick so I’m pretty sure she’s not following my food rules, they have had almost zero active time and she parks them in front of phones to watch unsupervised YouTube literally all day long. I brought both up with her and told her that when I was home with them we cooked together, we did play groups, we went to the zoo and did art camps. She head-nodded me to death and then when I left she apparently called my husband because when I saw him next he told me I needed to go easier on her because she’s why we can afford so many nice things now. Poor choice of words dude.

Then yesterday she had two separate trips to the ER for 2 of the 3 kids. One severe sprain and one burn because my 6 year old was hungry for something besides candy and tried to make a pizza. Both will be fine but in addition to kids being hurt, she took them to exact ER I told her NOT to take them to and now we are going to have months long battle to try to get insurance to cover the bills.

Edit: an exceptionally ignorant and argumentative commenter below is taking exemption to the ER thing. To be clear, I would have handled the burns and bruises at home. My MIL in panicked and took both kids to the ER. And she drove past the one I told her to go to in order to take them to one she was “more familiar” with. So it’s out of network meaning we are at least in for a months long battle trying to get insurance to cover and there’s a good chance we may be out thousands of dollars for these Er trips. We couldn’t potentially afford the goddamned boat (that had already needed extensive work not in warranty) BECAUSE of these ER trips.

Id had it and told my work in going back to part time. I told my husband the boat is being sold and that was that. He is furious with me so is MIL.

Am I the rear end in a top hat here?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for deciding my mother-in-law is not fit to take care of my kids this summer? Thus I quit my job and we can’t afford my husbands boat?
I'm furious the word "divorce" isn't anywhere in there.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
My (19F) boyfriend (21M) has weird porn obsessions and he doesn’t know I know.

quote:

After I fall asleep my boyfriend goes into another room to watch porn. I’ve woken up in the middle of the night and walked in on him and he quickly turned his computer away from me. I didn’t think much of it until it happened the next night too, so I told him I wanted him to actually stay with me throughout the night because I have separation anxiety. He told me he would. A few nights later he left again and the same thing happened, I woke up and went and confronted him and he said he wasn’t and that he was writing a paper with his hand down his pants. I believed him. I had to use his computer the next day for research on one of my papers and I was typing something in a recent search showed up that had to do with beastiality porn. I don’t know how to feel or if I should approach him about it.

:stonkhat:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Giant_Pupils posted:

My (19F) boyfriend (21M) has weird porn obsessions and he doesn’t know I know.

:stonkhat:

She was using his computer to research whether they actually did remove the word gullible from the dictionary

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Dazerbeams posted:

I wanna be an Adrienne Barbeaubot!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

Lady with an a abusive ex needs to turn her boyfriends unhealthy expression of care into a healthy one where ge goes after every single person who suggested she get back together and sets up formal meetings with them to put them on a PIP

...Personal Independence Payment?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Yawgmoth posted:

I wanna be an Adrienne Barbeaubot!

With chainsaw arms?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

cumshitter posted:

This is the first time I have ever heard an Aussie do the "We're very egalitarian" speech without ending it with a frothing rant against "those drat Abbos."

I did point out in my next post that we're also very racist. What more do you want? Australians to not be racist? Pffft. Madness!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Barudak posted:

Enjoy living on the robot reservation. You think were gonna honor those treaties?

Yeah just wait until the robot liberation movement. Beep boop. The robots did not make me say that. :tinfoil:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

QuarkJets posted:

i'm generally cool with calling people by whatever pronoun they want but a furry once asked me to refer to them by their furname and I flat-out refused because i didn't want to enable her delusions

maybe in 30 years we'll all be sitting in our fursuits looking back at how bigoted my comment is

haha, yeah, in 30 years. right :furcry:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for wanting to choose the flowers I want for our wedding?

TLDR; My SO wants to rethink our marriage because she doesn’t like the flowers my mother chose for the wedding.

SO and I have been together for 4 years and are in the midst of planning for our wedding.

Everything in the wedding so far has been decided by SO and I (location, invitations, guests, etc) but it’s mostly been up to SO to have the final decision as I have been happy with what has been chosen.

However, this week my mother wanted to help out by deciding the flowers for our wedding and SO doesn’t like the decision. My mother is insisting she really wants to help out our wedding and that the flowers will be paid by her as well. I thought it was very generous and thoughtful of my mother but my SO wants some other type of flower or floral arrangement. My mother is upset because she’s already ordered the flowers and arranged for them and I thought since everything else has been done to SO’s liking what would be wrong with having the flowers as what I want. I honestly don’t mind whatever flowers we have but since they’re already bought and everything else so far has been done to SO’s liking we could compromise on this decision. We also come from a culture where we should respect our elders decisions and I feel it’s really something small to compromise for our wedding. I told her I want these flowers since they’re already paid for but she got very upset asking if it’s really what I want and since when did flowers mean so much to me and isn’t it just because my family wants them.

I told my SO that when my mother suggested invitations, she liked them so we decided to go with those invitations, but because the flowers aren’t to her taste we can’t just refuse. That it’s selfish to only accept what we want but not allow the rest of the family to input anything else about our wedding. I told my SO when we’re marrying we are marrying into each other’s families as well and we should accept and respect their decisions too.

Now my SO has said that she wants to rethink the wedding and my decisions because I don’t seem to care about her thoughts? She has said that she wishes we had planned out the entire wedding then told our in laws.

I feel like my SO is being very selfish/overreacting and disrespectful to my family but SO seems to think I’m the rear end in a top hat for putting my foot down on the flowers I want for our wedding.

Edit: I changed the tldr from flowers I chose to flowers my mother chose after reading the responses.

SO has put me in a position a few times in the relationship where I felt I had to choose between her and my mother so perhaps that is the issue.

I’m the only child and my father passed away when I was very young so I have always felt my mother wanted to be included in my life moreso. I have told my SO I will prioritize her mostly but will listen to both sides and choose the judgement I feel right whenever I’m in such a position but it is hard to be the middle man.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My FWB (20 F) only talks with me about sex and video games

quote:

Sounds like a loving dream right?

Nope.

I swear to gently caress I’m on my last nerve. Every conversation we have devolves into sex talk to the point I don’t think she actually sees me as a friend, despite what she says (actions speak louder than words, yada, yada...). It’s fun to hear her get so invested in games but she’ll info dump to the point I’m just sitting there, twiddling my thumbs and waiting til she has time to catch her breath and I can talk. I’ve been trying to get into the games she likes more so I can try to hold better conversations with her, but id still like us to be able to talk on other topics sometimes.

I’ve tried to beat around the bush about it with questions about how we’re doing as friends or suggestions we talk about something else, but I don’t really have the courage to be direct. Every time I’ve been direct with her about something, she’ll end up having a panic attack or we just argue for an hour.

I don’t think these are big enough reasons to step down from FWB
or end the friendship entirely, but it bothers the hell out of me.

Tl;dr I need this sex obsessed, video game addict to see me as a person who likes other things besides games and sex

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

Twilight zone poo poo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

...Personal Independence Payment?

Performance Improvement Plan aka "Youre about to get fired, buddy"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [27m] wife [25f] of 4 years is trying to get pregnant at the same time as her sister [22f] and it weirds me out.

quote:

As the title says, my wife is trying to conceive at the same time as her sister and it's really putting a strain on our marriage.

She and I have been happily married for 4 years now and have only recently(5 months) started trying for our first child. In the beginning everything was fine and we were having sex almost nightly, but now she and her sister are intricately planning out their every sexual encounter and it's really sucking the romance out of it, 1: because I think it's creepy and 2: because I feel like I'm only being used for my semen. We only have sex every 3 weeks when and where my wife dictates. It all feels very medical to me.

I've seen texts between her sister and her asking if I came inside her, which position we finished in and the volume of my cum. My wife doesn't seem to think this is weird and "only wants our child to have a best friend growing up." I tried reasoning with her and said that we could have another child a year after our first but she won't budge.

Am I being weird or unreasonable here Reddit?

TLDR; wife is trying to conceive at the same time as her sister and I think it's gross.

tl;dr: Mandatory summary/question!

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

LadyPictureShow posted:

just a sec while I get out the worlds smallest violin

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

LadyPictureShow posted:

Get her into hentai games, this won't actually solve your problem but it will consolidate things.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I accidentally bumped my girlfriend's previously injured hand and nowshe wants to sue me?

My SO and I live in CT and were recently rear ended, resulting with the both of us getting hurt. It's been made clear that the accident was no fault of my own (we were in my car). This morning I accidentally bumped her thumb that was injured in the crash. She now wants to sue me because she believes I broke it when I bumped it.

Does she have a case against me for the reinjury?

On a related note should I break up with her for suing me over this? She would be doing it to get money. Not to cover the expenses of the injury and that feels like a scummy thing to do to a SO.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

On a related note should I break up with her for suing me over this? She would be doing it to get money. Not to cover the expenses of the injury and that feels like a scummy thing to do to a SO.

:iiam:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I accidentally bumped my girlfriend's previously injured hand and nowshe wants to sue me?

My SO and I live in CT and were recently rear ended, resulting with the both of us getting hurt. It's been made clear that the accident was no fault of my own (we were in my car). This morning I accidentally bumped her thumb that was injured in the crash. She now wants to sue me because she believes I broke it when I bumped it.

Does she have a case against me for the reinjury?

Look I know they say you shouldn't talk to people who are your counterparty in litigation, but they don't say anything about continuing to have sex with them right?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

LadyPictureShow posted:

wait it gets worse

she's really hot and constantly walks around my place completely naked, she brings marijuana every time she comes over and NEVER charges me for it, and her dad is giving me a summer job that i'm technically not qualified for but it doesn't matter because I won't have to actually do anything there

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA , Girlfriend mad I told her she looks like a pig

NTA, pigs *are* beautiful and majestic.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Koalas March posted:

I really hate this gay vs black framing because it always erases lgbt poc who have higher murder victim rates than anyone and it's just another way of muddying the waters

But y'all go on

I feel like this is was pretty clearly a joke about how it's ridiculous to say that someone can't be suffering because someone else might be suffering more, which includes gay minorities, gay disabled minorities etc. Everyone's suffering is valid, even if other people or groups may have it worse

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CountryMatters posted:

I feel like this is was pretty clearly a joke about how it's ridiculous to say that someone can't be suffering because someone else might be suffering more, which includes gay minorities, gay disabled minorities etc. Everyone's suffering is valid, even if other people or groups may have it worse

Unfortunately there's a lot of people saying it without irony, though some are right wing trolls. The rest are usually rich people knowingly or unknowingly obscuring their privelege.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

MasBrillante posted:

It's actually loving hilarious to me that her weight is more of an issue than her once weekly (I bet she's lying about even every four days) bathing.

Yeah this isn't a size thing, it's a not bathing often enough thing. Fat people are not inherently stinky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Haifisch posted:

My [27m] wife [25f] of 4 years is trying to get pregnant at the same time as her sister [22f] and it weirds me out.

having sex every three weeks while trying to become pregnant? so is he just bad at counting or is she bad at pregnancy planning?