Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

probably but they still haven't organized in any meaningful way and are still hooked on the idea of each just personally Ramboing their way through the race war with their mountain of AR15s, so just steer clear of schools and synagogues for a while I guess

Yeah, it's this. They'll probably just shoot each other for not being MAGA enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Gold and precious metals only really have value in stable societies where you can afford to trade shiny things for food, water, etc. As soon as society collapses into post-apocalyptic survival, nobody is going to accept worthless soft metal for anything.

Well yeah that's why you trade gold certificates duh much easier to carry, let the gold stay in Ron Paul's warehouse

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

chitoryu12 posted:

I do have a serious fear that the kind of people who are prone to radicalization will take a Trump loss in 2020 as a sign to start shooting.

sorry, start?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Obama was such a loving little bitch

Reminder that he could have had health care for all but he thought these mother fuckers could be reasoned with

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

he didn't want healthcare for all, OP

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

he didn't want healthcare for all, OP

lol his signature policy was dreamed up by republicans and written by the health insurance industry

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?

chitoryu12 posted:

This kind of person is why I just stopped arguing. The kind of person to support Trump, especially today, has hit the point where no sensible debate will ever shift them. Either something hurts them on such a personal level that it shocks them out of it, or they go to their graves with hatred.

Yet centrists (for grifting purposes) will continue to parrot, "WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THESE POTENTIAL VOTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!11!"

Nothing to understand. These folks are solidly post-truth, and want to go back to the 1850's. And as they are dragged into the 20th century, they will make it known to everyone how much they hate it. Similar to how they react if their govt checks happen to be a day late.

If their decisions bring them ruin, more than likely they'll still look at validating it by, "well yes my family tree looks like a stump, and I am permanently broke. But Trolan J. Dump kept those filthy brown people from invading my town."

There's likely a nuance or two beyond that, but a lack of irony in their lives breeds a supreme lack of a sense of humor.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Lmfao

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

I thought these are supposed to get less true as they go up in brain size.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

I do have a serious fear that the kind of people who are prone to radicalization will take a Trump loss in 2020 as a sign to start shooting.

good let's loving go already

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

Electrolytes?

Massive carbon dioxide emissions.

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Agronox posted:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Shaffness posted:

I thought these are supposed to get less true as they go up in brain size.

I always thought it was increasingly nuanced versions of the same thought, then ending on something either comically incorrect or incredibly simplistic

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

fully enlightened brain: obama is a republican in everything but name only

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

:hmmyes: a RIABN

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Agronox posted:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Killer_B posted:

Yet centrists (for grifting purposes) will continue to parrot, "WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THESE POTENTIAL VOTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!11!"

Nothing to understand. These folks are solidly post-truth, and want to go back to the 1850's. And as they are dragged into the 20th century, they will make it known to everyone how much they hate it. Similar to how they react if their govt checks happen to be a day late.

If their decisions bring them ruin, more than likely they'll still look at validating it by, "well yes my family tree looks like a stump, and I am permanently broke. But Trolan J. Dump kept those filthy brown people from invading my town."

There's likely a nuance or two beyond that, but a lack of irony in their lives breeds a supreme lack of a sense of humor.

funny how you never see these guys actually hanging around MAGA hillbillies, it's just all about getting representation for Schumer's Baileys or Stephens's silent majority of reasonable racists who have nominated him their reluctant spokesman

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Killer_B posted:

It's why all those Cletus Safari pieces are so risible. They treat their subjects as if there were some kind of deep, unfathomable mystery as to why they support Donal Tromp, when the simple reality is that they're racists who wanted payback for BLM and 8 years of President Negro. But NPR/NYT/WaPo can't come right out and say that, so they endless circle around the subject and write hundreds of words of nonsense word salad to avoid confronting that particular elephant in the room.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FMguru posted:

It's why all those Cletus Safari pieces are so risible. They treat their subjects as if there were some kind of deep, unfathomable mystery as to why they support Donal Tromp, when the simple reality is that they're racists who wanted payback for BLM and 8 years of President Negro. But NPR/NYT/WaPo can't come right out and say that, so they endless circle around the subject and write hundreds of words of nonsense word salad to avoid confronting that particular elephant in the room.

remember when Sacha Baron Cohen went around a chud town interviewing Trump supporters but unlike all the NPR and third way and mass media stories, he didn't heavily edit it to fit a preferred narrative, so it was just nonstop insanely racist reasoning that had absolutely nothing to do with economics at all, and nobody was ashamed and they were all super on board with trump, lol

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FMguru posted:

I liked the German magazine that just made up a bunch of poo poo to fit their narrative about some Minnesota town while not even seeming to understand where Minnesota was located in the country.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I think shooting is a likely reaction to a Trump electoral loss, but the targets would depend on the nature of the loss.

A close loss would probably cause external violence, as it would be spun as a stolen victory, illegal election, etc. Mostly disorganized violence aimed at targets of opportunity.

A blowout loss would probably cause internal violence. Suicides, family annhilations, etc. That kind of violence is already high among Trump supporting demographics, and straight up electoral rejection would wreck a lot of these folks. Seeing Trump go down in flames would leave a bunch of Boomers with no hope at all.

Even assuming a good Dem (Bernie) wins, i dont know what we do after this. The masks are off. 20-40% of the country are within 2 steps of full fash. How do we move forward? You cant put 60 million people in a gulag. Abolishing capitalism wont fix people who willingly, happily, sacrifice their own goverment benefits in the name of white supremacy.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

vast majority of Trump voters won't do poo poo,they can't organize worth a drat even with Koch money backing them up.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

FMguru posted:

they're mostly not even that interesting, they're just dudes who've always voted Republican because their daddies voted Republican and when some pencilneck from the big city comes out and walks past all the normal people in town to ask them why they stammer around fishing for whatever ex post facto rationalization floats to the top of their poo poo-filled skull in the moment. Clearly a powerful base of swing voters just waiting to be won over to the other party by just the right amount of genteel racism.

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 18:56 on Jul 3, 2019

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

fully enlightened brain: obama is a republican in everything but name only

transdimensional brain: Barack Obama is the Neville Chamberlain of our generation

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Victory Position posted:

transdimensional brain: Barack Obama is the Neville Chamberlain of our generation

Chamberlain wasn't German, you're looking for the next Chinese premier or something

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Jul 3, 2019

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

1 step plan to preventing chuds from organizing rallies or demonstrations:

1) ban all lawn chairs

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
This loving tank fighter jet parade thing tomorrow is obnoxious and scary. I hope it gets rained on or otherwise goes off the rails somehow.

Is there anything this motherfucker can't make about himself?

With any luck, the whole thing will be a disastrous poo poo show and we'll get a lot of sad people.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

BiggerBoat posted:

I hope it gets rained on.
https://twitter.com/3NewsNowOmaha/status/1146500295142326275

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

aren't they still taking all those tanks over the memorial bridge, I'm not gonna watch live but blocking out time tomorrow for catching the Abrams highdive on replay

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I hope trump rolls over the press personally with a tank so I don't have to be forced to see "bwahhh is this the ussr?" takes anymore tbh

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Homeless Friend posted:

I hope trump rolls over the press personally with a tank

His audience will cheer and is hoping for it.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

BiggerBoat posted:

His audience will cheer and is hoping for it.

it'd be the great national moment of unity he needs to swing 2020

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Homeless Friend posted:

I hope trump rolls over the press personally with a tank so I don't have to be forced to see "bwahhh is this the ussr?" takes anymore tbh

Oh no, then he'd have to suffer the wrath of the press. Weathering a storm of furious tut-tuting and outraged op-eds about 'economic anxiety' causing him to do it.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
it will be unironically good if there are casualties as a result of poor planning and failing infrastructure in the fash parade

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Having F35s crashing all over the place cause it's raining could be very funny

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

J.A.B.C. posted:

Oh no, then he'd have to suffer the wrath of the press. Weathering a storm of furious tut-tuting and outraged op-eds about 'economic anxiety' causing him to do it.

feeling like another chud safari is about due

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Grondoth posted:

Having F35s crashing all over the place cause it's raining could be very funny
How could you tell? THEY'RE INVISIBLE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008