Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

freeedr posted:

All right, meow

I'm sorry did you just say meow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Super Soaker Party! posted:

I'm sorry did you just say meow?

Settle down meow.

(I already did the nimbly-pimbly bit)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

freeedr posted:

All right, meow

Well done, I could barely notice your erection.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Well done, I could barely notice your erection.
Word on the street is a lot of people say that

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
oh so super troopers 2 apparently came out last year

i'm guessing it wasn't great since i didn't hear about it all over the loving internet all the time for the rest of eternity

e:

quote:

On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 31% based on 80 reviews, and an average rating of 4.4/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Meow that the wait for Super Troopers 2 is finally over, all but the most devoted fans mustache themselves why they waited so long for such cruel and tragic shenanigans."[27] On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 41 out of 100, based on 29 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".[28] Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "B+" on an A+ to F scale.[25]

nostalgia is officially dead. we killed it. that's the legacy of the 2010s

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sulla Faex posted:

Disney is doing like 3 live action remakes of their movies every year and making a killing

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Super Troopers 2 couldn't possibly live up to the greatness of 1 so don't go in expecting that. If you go in expecting a mediocre movie but featuring the same beloved characters, you're fine.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

theflyingorc posted:

Disney is doing like 3 live action remakes of their movies every year and making a killing

just because you can make money off something doesnt mean its good. example: your conception

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Super Troopers 2 couldn't possibly live up to the greatness of 1 so don't go in expecting that. If you go in expecting a mediocre movie but featuring the same beloved characters, you're fine.

It was fun watching with an American and poking fun at all the country stereotype jokes. They got Canada down pretty well as a comedic subject, honestly. The movie is full of double-layered jokes with broad Canadian stereotypes that then get undermined and reveal real Canadian experiences.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

https://local.theonion.com/computer-generated-talking-cat-on-tv-delights-iowa-woma-1819565420

quote:

Dale, who missed a majority of the 30-second spot, managed to race back to the living room in time to see the cat's owner hold out a bag of Fresh Step cat litter, to which the sass-talking feline responded, "Meow you're talking!"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Page 9 of the Slow drivers thread in GBS

Splicer posted:

Ground floor page one

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sulla Faex posted:

yeah but we're rebooting it in 2021

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Agreed. The first one was lightning in a bottle and they were never going to match or top it. I had no idea expectations for the second and walked away pleased with it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Trig Discipline posted:

yeah but we're rebooting it in 2021

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Was fine with the first time, 2nd time was just okay, I loved the 3rd time they rebooted the 80s nostalgia, but the fourth time :bahgawd:!

Hoping the fifth will be more along of the lines of 2010 era 1980s nostalgia that was the REAL nostalgia!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Dameius posted:

Agreed. The first one was lightning in a bottle and they were never going to match or top it. I had no idea expectations for the second and walked away pleased with it.

Same, also, I feel like I have been on the internet too long for briefly fearing this thread was about to be Cat RP Central

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Jul 8, 2019

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I haven't seen it but everyone says Super Troopers 2 did the usual nostalgia sequel thing of repeating all the jokes again.

Re: Dolezal yeah the family likely revealed that news to kill her credibility as a witness and protect their son. But she still did the crazy pretending to be black thing so it's fair to use her as an example of weird Spokane.

Aphrodite has a new favorite as of 22:39 on Jul 8, 2019

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Same, also, I feel like I have been on the internet too long for briefly fearing this thread was about to be Cat RP Central

*knocks all the stuff of your shelves*

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
*can't follow the conversation because she is a cat, you see*

*sits in your lap and pushes out a hard fart that smells weirdly of corn*

yes, I am joking and feed only low-grain cat foods

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Sulla Faex posted:

Quoting this for when November rolls around and music made by people born over a century ago fills the airwaves once again.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

LawfulWaffle posted:

Quoting this for when November rolls around and music made by people born over a century ago fills the airwaves once again.

Oh, you mean ~the most wonderful time of the year~

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

god is dead and we can drink the pee if we want

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Aphrodite posted:

Re: Dolezal yeah the family likely revealed that news to kill her credibility as a witness and protect their son. But she still did the crazy pretending to be black thing so it's fair to use her as an example of weird Spokane.

She has doubled down on it and calls herself Nkechi Diallo now. That's an Igbo first name and a Fula surname. At least they're both from the same general region of Africa, I guess? Rachel Dolezal goes beyond weird Spokane into deeply insane racist white people territory.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Christmas music is either 70 or 700 years old, nothing in between.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chitin posted:

Christmas music is either 70 or 700 years old, nothing in between.

Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" would like to have a word with you.

edit:
Also whoever wrote "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" would like to have a word with you.

edit:
Also whoever wrote "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"

Even Ho Ho Ho It's Christmas Time is over 10 years old now.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

barbecue at the folks posted:

Nooooooooooooooooo

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

You know what else has penetrating power?

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Ruthenium compounds?

I am simultaneously 12 and have a degree in mineralogy.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

barbecue at the folks posted:

Dracula has been laughing for no reason for that long.

Jesus...

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Family Values posted:

The only Newman's Own product I've ever tried was the salad dressing, and it was… about the same as any other bottled dressing.

Actually I don't understand why anyone buys bottled dressing when it's so easy to make yourself. It's just two ingredients, a fat plus an acid, plus some seasonings. And if you're lazy you can get pre-blended herb packets for less than a buck. That's actually my main complaint about a lot of packaged foods, you pay 600% markup for incredibly simple and common ingredients that aren't even all that convenient. A bottle of olive oil can be used for an infinite number of purposes in the kitchen and can be stored in a cupboard, but bottled salad dressing is single purpose and takes up space in the fridge.

So the actual scam is packaged/prepared foods.

KozmoNaut posted:

If you can't convince yourself to forgo pre-packaged salad dressings or juices or other pre-prepared and packaged products, the 0,01% already own your rear end. All because you're too lazy to go without even the slightest bit of "convenience".

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I can never read "Newman's Own" without thinking of the Clickhole article, which I love, and yes I have it bookmarked and yes of course I will link it
https://lifestyle.clickhole.com/an-oral-history-of-newman-s-own-salad-dressing-1825122827

Every time I pass them in the salad dressing aisle of the actual real-life grocery store I still snicker :saddowns:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Whenever I see Newman's Own I hear a bee actor sneer 'Newman!' and a fat man cackling.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I can never read "Newman's Own" without thinking of the Clickhole article, which I love, and yes I have it bookmarked and yes of course I will link it
https://lifestyle.clickhole.com/an-oral-history-of-newman-s-own-salad-dressing-1825122827

Every time I pass them in the salad dressing aisle of the actual real-life grocery store I still snicker :saddowns:

why is this so good

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Part of it is bill gates idiotically enumerating salads

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Krankenstyle posted:

Part of it is bill gates idiotically enumerating salads

And who doesn't love croutons?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

grack posted:

Check this poo poo out:

S'right, motherfuckers. I'm officially part of the "People who own fountain pens that came with their own little stands" club. :smugdog:

doctorfrog posted:

A fool and his money are soon Papyrus’d

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's a step up from Comic Sans I guess, but slightly lower than going full Algerian.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Push El Burrito posted:

Limp Bizkit killed rock music because no rock and roll could live up to it so why bother trying.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I mean, I'm not saying it's not Kauri, but are we absolutely sure it's not particle board?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pookah posted:

I know you've all heard about Mayochup, but how many of you know about Tomusto?

https://twitter.com/oldshopsoz/status/946627118766501894

Bogus Adventure posted:

I wonder how ol' Doobie would have abbreviated that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Yes, every product that has earned a lot of money is of the utmost quality which is why the Twilight movies and books are some of the greatest achievements of mankind.