Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My boyfriend (17M) and I (16F) got into a car accident and he left me.
I just feel so hosed up. I’m so stupid. Like what was I even thinking. I wish I never met him. Seriously if I could go back in time, the second he talked to me, I’d punch him in his face

We were out and to be honest, we had an argument about sex because I’m not ready for it and he says he doesn’t wait anymore. We had a fight and he was angry so he drove fast and I was telling him to slow down because I do not like that and he ignored me and then he lost control of the car and hit a pole.

He called my parents and told them where I was and then he just left me.

I’m at home now. My loving summer is ruined. He came to my house to apologize and my parents told him to leave. I feel so hosed up like WHY WOULD HE LEAVE ME HES A JACKASS AND I HATE HIM but I miss him and I hate that my parents blocked his number from my phone. I wanna see him and tell him off but I don’t even know if that would do anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You are so loving lucky to be alive the rest of your summer needs to be spent determining what Orisha watches over you and placating the hell out of it

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Power Khan posted:

My boyfriend (17M) and I (16F) got into a car accident and he left me.
I just feel so hosed up. I’m so stupid. Like what was I even thinking. I wish I never met him. Seriously if I could go back in time, the second he talked to me, I’d punch him in his face

We were out and to be honest, we had an argument about sex because I’m not ready for it and he says he doesn’t wait anymore. We had a fight and he was angry so he drove fast and I was telling him to slow down because I do not like that and he ignored me and then he lost control of the car and hit a pole.

He called my parents and told them where I was and then he just left me.

I’m at home now. My loving summer is ruined. He came to my house to apologize and my parents told him to leave. I feel so hosed up like WHY WOULD HE LEAVE ME HES A JACKASS AND I HATE HIM but I miss him and I hate that my parents blocked his number from my phone. I wanna see him and tell him off but I don’t even know if that would do anything

This boy should be neutered.

dudeness posted:

You need your own animal figurine army, you need cats.

e: ORRRRRRRRR in the alternative you can purposely do something to piss them off, secretly record it and post "Timothy" yelling at you to youtube.

Like the Janitor in Scrubs?

Dewgy posted:

I think this, much like the “my wife is interrupting my sleep schedule” post, is sort of reasonable if you take the OP totally at their word.

Which you absolutely should not do.

I don't get why people are questioning the OP's narrative here. He's got a sleep disorder. He even says he just needs like 2 weeks to establish a good sleep routine. His wife is insisting on being loud late into the night and appears to be purposely disrupting his sleep because she both wants his attention and to spend all night playing video games.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

therobit posted:

I don't get why people are questioning the OP's narrative here. He's got a sleep disorder. He even says he just needs like 2 weeks to establish a good sleep routine. His wife is insisting on being loud late into the night and appears to be purposely disrupting his sleep because she both wants his attention and to spend all night playing video games.

it might shed some light to look at the Reddit thread and how apopleptic they are that someone would propose to infringe on gametime for frivolous selfish bullshit like "sleep"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Don’t gently caress with peoples sleep no matter how bullshit you think it is.

Saying this as someone who has to sleep during the day because they work at night and I’m dying over here.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Reading car accident girl again, I do miss the urgency and severity of feelings as a teenager. Just look at this:

"I’m at home now. My loving summer is ruined. He came to my house to apologize and my parents told him to leave. I feel so hosed up like WHY WOULD HE LEAVE ME HES A JACKASS AND I HATE HIM but I miss him and I hate that my parents blocked his number from my phone. I wanna see him and tell him off but I don’t even know if that would do anything"

How many loving emotions are all mixed up in there? She HATES him but she LOVES him and she misses him and she wants to see him to tell him he's an rear end in a top hat. That is some loving passion! When you are that age everything is SO IMPORTANT. It's cute.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

sweet thursday posted:

Of course I'm pistachio you broke my friggin Wii!

please notice this thread title

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chitoryu12 posted:

Fight man got a new job!

Customer attacked me in the parking lot and I lost my job on the first day.... Will they reconsider the firing?

Fight man lost his new job!

The part that makes me reconsider whether it's fake is the reference to Publix.

drat near all Publix stores are in Florida and this dude is absolutely Florida Man.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
AITA for leaving my 11yo daughter behind in Tibet so I would not miss a very important meeting?
This happened to my dad (the potential rear end in a top hat) and my sister (S: the 11yo who got left behind) around 10 years ago. I was 17. I’m a bit fuzzy on some details but I’ll try to be concise and accurate.

Our parents were in the process of separating. Mum, S and I flew to Beijing and spent a few weeks with mum’s family. S disliked our trips to China; her Chinese is weak and she can be very withdrawn. Dad had been invited to a conference in Tibet and took the opportunity to bring me and S.

All arrangements were done by a lady who helped organise the conference (CL). We were there about a week, but left the trip early because Dad had a really important meeting he couldn’t miss that was in London in 4 days’ time. His flight from Beijing to London was in 2 days’ time. Mine and S’s was with mum later.

When we got to the airport, we learned there were problems with flights, and somehow only my sister’s plane ticket was no longer valid. Dad spoke with CL who didn’t know how this happened, but she said we should go and she would wait day and night to get the first available ticket so S could fly to Beijing asap.

S was in full panic mode, hyperventilating, tears streaming down her face. I offered her my plane ticket, but they were non-transferrable. I offered to stay behind so S didn’t have to be alone, but getting two tickets back to Beijing on the same plane would be nearly impossible, plus it would cost more and take longer when I had a perfectly good plane ticket to use now.

Dad decided we should get on the plane and left S in the care of the conference organisers. They assured us they would look after her and it would be 1-2 days max to get her on a plane back to us.

Walking away from her sobbing and terrified was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done.

Dad told mum she went apeshit. Mum told every available family member (who sided with her, obviously). The next 24h were a flurry of angry and anxious communication. Dad had to prepare to fly back to London and didn’t stay with us.

S stayed one night and the organisers got her a flight out the next day. The flight was to another Chinese city with a connecting flight to Beijing. The airline was made aware and flight attendants looked after her the whole time. She was back with me and my mum ~30hrs after we’d left her in Tibet. Dad got on his London flight while she was still in transit, and learned she was safe after he landed.

Mum was mad for months after this event, saying she would never let dad look after us again. I had a conversation with my sister when she was around 20 and she said, “I don’t really have any warm feelings towards our dad. I still haven’t forgiven him for leaving me in Tibet.”

So, what’d you reckon Reddit? Was my dad the rear end in a top hat for leaving my 11yo sister in Tibet?

EDIT: Adding this in because I feel it’s important context, had to cut it because of the character limit.

This was no normal “flight mishap”. When we arrived at the airport we learned that all flights in and out of Tibet had been grounded (by the Chinese government) for the whole of July. It was now August, but the airlines were trying to make up for a backlog passengers trying to get in and out of Tibet, so everything was chaos. There were no tickets for flights out of Tibet for the next 50 days.

In order to get my sis on a flight out of Tibet, someone had to wait by the counters at the airport 24/7 alongside a shitload of other people to try and snap up any seat on any plane the moment one became available due to a cancellation / no-show. It was a complete free-for-all (Chinese people don’t really do queuing) so it came down to who had the loudest voice and deepest pockets.

If dad or I had stayed, it would’ve been nearly impossible to get two seats on the same plane. So we would have had to travel back separately anyway.

EDIT2: We are not white. We are Chinese. Growing up, we visited China once every 1-3 years to see family. My sister also could speak Chinese, just not fluently, but she was definitely conversational.

Of course I fully accept that my dad was a complete rear end in a top hat for what he did, no doubt. I have recalibrated what my expectations should be for good parenting. I’m also seriously considering that maybe I was an rear end in a top hat too (less than my dad) because maybe as a 17yo I should have gone against my dad and kicked off? It really felt like at the time that would’ve made stuff worse, but it might have been the right thing to do.

If you see me in the comments “defending” my dad or clarifying things, it doesn’t mean that I don’t think he is an rear end in a top hat. I am just interested in exploring externalities to find where people’s moral lines in the sand are. Sorry if that puts your knickers in a twist.

EDIT3: (last one) S was not left alone with no adult, or with complete strangers. The conference organisers were colleagues my dad has worked with before - not super close like they had worked together for years, but they had done some research together. We had just spent a week together with some 30-40 people, including the conference organisers (about 5, Chinese based in Tibet) and about 10 English-speaking attendees from around the world: America, Germany, etc. There was a really friendly German man who had been very nice to us the whole week.

My sister was left at the airport with one of the conference organisers, who took her back to the hotel where everyone else was staying, and she saw the German guy who asked her “what happened, how come you’re still here?” and she promptly burst into tears. They (the English speakers + conference organisers) calmed her down, stayed with her, and tried to make her feel comfortable and safe. She was then taken to her own private room where she could spend time and there was an adult just outside if she ever needed anyone. I think she got to play with a small dog too. The next day she was taken to the airport and handed over to airline staff who walked her through the airport onto the plane and looked after her on the plane, at the next airport for the layover, and the second flight, finally delivering her back to my mum and I waiting at the airport in Beijing.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
I don’t know if I [19F] should proceed with this relationship with my boyfriend [33M] of seven months

I’m using a throwaway for this because I don’t know how this situation will be perceived and just don’t need this linked to my regular account in case things go crazy.

I started my freshman year of college in late August 2018. In a few weeks into September, my school had a music festival that was open to the general public. That’s where I ended up meeting my boyfriend.

Here I’ll mention that I’m physically disabled and disfigured in quite a few ways. I was accidentally shot when I was four, and that has resulted in visible scarring and damage to my face and upper body. I had a stroke and multiple seizures as a result of that same accident, which to make a long story short, has resulted in me needing a wheelchair most of the time. I also have lupus, which started to impact my breathing seriously during my senior year of high school, and alopecia. So needless to say, I’m definitely not the most attractive person out there but, of course, ironically I catch a lot of people’s attention.

I thought my boyfriend only started speaking to me out of pity or curiosity, as many people do when they see me sitting alone, but it turns out that he was attracted to me. He told me he just graduated from the same college and he’d love to talk to me again sometime, and maybe even show me around. We exchanged numbers and social media information.

After some very amateur sleuthing, I found out that he lied to me. He was actually 32 at the time, so not a recent undergrad, and he also seemed to forget to mention that he was in the middle of a divorce. I quickly confronted him about this, and he said that he thought if he told me either one of those details, I wouldn’t be interested in him. He told me that the divorce is ugly and he just wants to give someone love again. He said I stood out, and when I told him I always do, he said he sees me differently. He loves bald girls and he loves girls in wheelchairs, and he wants someone with a youthful energy because women his age are “jaded”. We ended up having a long conversation and a heart-to-heart. It became very apparent that he is somewhat damaged and jaded himself, and was looking for something or someone who bring something meaningful back into his life again.

I’ll also take some time to tell you that I admittedly have daddy issues, as my father has been in and out of my life consistently, my mother makes it very clear that she resents me, I’ve been in and out of foster care and passed around family members my entire life, and I don’t have a lot of friends nor have I really ever had a lot of friends. I was bullied growing up. I’ve had guys ask me out and pretend to be interested in me as a joke or to virtue signal basically. I try not to show it, but I’m very lonely and depressed. So to hear him express such interest, that appeared to be genuine, in me was everything. Especially because he is handsome and appeared to be well-off.

We were “friends” before we made things official and started dating in December. Throughout the time I’ve known him, even before we started dating, he’s been kind of clingy. He also appears to be in competition with his ex-wife, always looking her up on social media and showing me what’s she’s up to in disgust, then posting about his “younger, fresher, and hotter girl” making sure she or someone close to her has a way to see it. There are some times where he shows me off and it seems more genuine, but I’m unsure these days with the amount of times he’s tried to get back at his ex. Additionally, he gets very angry with people interacting with me. I will often get stared at in public or receive backhanded compliments, which is really whatever to me at this point in life, but if we’re together, he’ll get in people’s faces and ask if there’s a problem. He’s told a few guys that they can both go outside and sort things out like men if they wish to disrespect his girl like that. I’ve told him many times that it’s not that serious and it’s more embarrassing when he does that, but he says I’m too young to understand and this is what men do for their women. He is very much into gender roles in the sense that he was to protect and provide for me and all that. He also wants sex a lot. It’s physically draining for me and I have some not so great past experiences that I don’t think I’m fully over, but he nags me and asks for it to the point where it’s just easier to give in and hope for a good time than to go back and forth. In June, he started talking about marriage, and said he wants me to seriously consider it. I told him I don’t want to be married when I’m not even 20 yet and he said not to worry about age so much.

I don’t know. To be honest, he acts creepy, the way he wants to spite his ex so bad is kind of cringeworthy and unsettling, he can be on edge for no reason, he is needy and doesn’t understand that I can’t always be physically available, and he acts much younger than 33 sometimes. However, he really does take care of me. He is always buying me gifts and flowers. For the longest time, other girls in my hall would come by when my door was open and admire all the flowers, saying their boyfriends never did anything like that for them. I’ve never had a chance to really be or feel girly, with all the issues I have; I enjoy girly things and I feel like it can compensate for the rest of my appearance. He understands this and buys me clothes, makeup, cute hats, jewelry, shoes, etc., and always compliments me on my makeup and style, saying all the other women he’s been with never put that much time or effort into themselves like I do. He has provided more consistent financial stability than anyone in my family has, coming to the rescue when I’ve had sudden visits to the hospital or bills from my college. I’ve wanted to try and give back financially to him, and he really doesn’t want me to. And even though I’ve been questioning the authenticity, it’s nice to be shown off on all his social media to his friends, family, and colleagues, and told that I’m his everything and all that. And I guess even the way he wants to have sex with me and try to make it a pleasant experience. No one has ever spoiled or fawned over me like that. No one has ever told me that I’m beautiful and worth it like he does. I don’t feel so lonely and undesirable anymore. It’s something new and so nice, and I don’t want it to stop. Maybe that’s selfish, I don’t know?

I was really contemplating if I want to continue with this relationship. There’s some draining things about it but there’s so the appreciation. This is the first relationship I’ve ever been in so I don’t know what’s normal and what’s not; I’m basing a lot of my thoughts off of what I’ve been told is normal and healthy to be honest. Maybe the draining parts are just the rough beginning patches (I really don’t want to get married though, and that is something I do not want to succumb to pressure for)? Am I seeing the whole thing with rose-colored glasses because I enjoy having positive attention for a change? I’m looking for honest insight. My aunt, who I live with, really doesn’t like him, and some of my friends think he’s cute with the gifts and posts but mostly creepy and too negative. They’re not fond of the age gap. One friend has never liked him since she found out he first lied to me, even when I explained why.

tl;dr; I’m considering if I should continue to be in a relationship with my boyfriend; he has a lot of negative qualities that are overwhelming for me at times, but he also takes care of me and loves me in a way I never experienced. As a relationship novice, I’m seeking some more thoughts from outsiders

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

I don’t know if I [19F] should proceed with this relationship with my boyfriend [33M] [1,451 additional words]

no

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Agreed, but those additional words..whoo boy.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Was Timothy made by their son? How is Timothy a grandchild? Is it just because the age of Timothy's persona would place him in the same generation as the baby? There has to be a missing link of a generation. We're not getting Timothy's backstory. Don't trust OP.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Power Khan posted:

AITA for leaving my 11yo daughter behind in Tibet so I would not miss a very important meeting?

Holy poo poo, this reads like the script of a lost John Hughes film.

This bit, though,

Power Khan posted:

My sister was left at the airport with one of the conference organisers, who took her back to the hotel where everyone else was staying, and she saw the German guy who asked her “what happened, how come you’re still here?” and she promptly burst into tears. They (the English speakers + conference organisers) calmed her down, stayed with her, and tried to make her feel comfortable and safe. She was then taken to her own private room where she could spend time and there was an adult just outside if she ever needed anyone. I think she got to play with a small dog too. The next day she was taken to the airport and handed over to airline staff who walked her through the airport onto the plane and looked after her on the plane, at the next airport for the layover, and the second flight, finally delivering her back to my mum and I waiting at the airport in Beijing.

Is very heartwarming. Good on German Guy and all the other responsible adults who helped keep her safe after her own loving father abandoned her.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

chemtrail huffer posted:

My (25 F) boyfriend (24 M) of 5 years just disclosed to me that he does not believe women should be allowed to vote.

Break up with your lovely boyfriend before he locks you in his basement.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Power Khan posted:

This happened to my dad (the potential rear end in a top hat) and my sister (S: the 11yo who got left behind) around 10 years ago. I was 17. I’m a bit fuzzy on some details but I’ll try to be concise and accurate.

Our parents were in the process of separating. Mum, S and I flew to Beijing and spent a few weeks with mum’s family. S disliked our trips to China; her Chinese is weak and she can be very withdrawn. Dad had been invited to a conference in Tibet and took the opportunity to bring me and S.

All arrangements were done by a lady who helped organise the conference (CL). We were there about a week, but left the trip early because Dad had a really important meeting he couldn’t miss that was in London in 4 days’ time. His flight from Beijing to London was in 2 days’ time. Mine and S’s was with mum later.

When we got to the airport, we learned there were problems with flights, and somehow only my sister’s plane ticket was no longer valid. Dad spoke with CL who didn’t know how this happened, but she said we should go and she would wait day and night to get the first available ticket so S could fly to Beijing asap.

S was in full panic mode, hyperventilating, tears streaming down her face. I offered her my plane ticket, but they were non-transferrable. I offered to stay behind so S didn’t have to be alone, but getting two tickets back to Beijing on the same plane would be nearly impossible, plus it would cost more and take longer when I had a perfectly good plane ticket to use now.

Dad decided we should get on the plane and left S in the care of the conference organisers. They assured us they would look after her and it would be 1-2 days max to get her on a plane back to us.

Walking away from her sobbing and terrified was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done.

Dad told mum she went apeshit. Mum told every available family member (who sided with her, obviously). The next 24h were a flurry of angry and anxious communication. Dad had to prepare to fly back to London and didn’t stay with us.

S stayed one night and the organisers got her a flight out the next day. The flight was to another Chinese city with a connecting flight to Beijing. The airline was made aware and flight attendants looked after her the whole time. She was back with me and my mum ~30hrs after we’d left her in Tibet. Dad got on his London flight while she was still in transit, and learned she was safe after he landed.

Mum was mad for months after this event, saying she would never let dad look after us again. I had a conversation with my sister when she was around 20 and she said, “I don’t really have any warm feelings towards our dad. I still haven’t forgiven him for leaving me in Tibet.”

So, what’d you reckon Reddit? Was my dad the rear end in a top hat for leaving my 11yo sister in Tibet?

EDIT: Adding this in because I feel it’s important context, had to cut it because of the character limit.

This was no normal “flight mishap”. When we arrived at the airport we learned that all flights in and out of Tibet had been grounded (by the Chinese government) for the whole of July. It was now August, but the airlines were trying to make up for a backlog passengers trying to get in and out of Tibet, so everything was chaos. There were no tickets for flights out of Tibet for the next 50 days.

In order to get my sis on a flight out of Tibet, someone had to wait by the counters at the airport 24/7 alongside a shitload of other people to try and snap up any seat on any plane the moment one became available due to a cancellation / no-show. It was a complete free-for-all (Chinese people don’t really do queuing) so it came down to who had the loudest voice and deepest pockets.

If dad or I had stayed, it would’ve been nearly impossible to get two seats on the same plane. So we would have had to travel back separately anyway.

EDIT2: We are not white. We are Chinese. Growing up, we visited China once every 1-3 years to see family. My sister also could speak Chinese, just not fluently, but she was definitely conversational.

Of course I fully accept that my dad was a complete rear end in a top hat for what he did, no doubt. I have recalibrated what my expectations should be for good parenting. I’m also seriously considering that maybe I was an rear end in a top hat too (less than my dad) because maybe as a 17yo I should have gone against my dad and kicked off? It really felt like at the time that would’ve made stuff worse, but it might have been the right thing to do.

If you see me in the comments “defending” my dad or clarifying things, it doesn’t mean that I don’t think he is an rear end in a top hat. I am just interested in exploring externalities to find where people’s moral lines in the sand are. Sorry if that puts your knickers in a twist.

EDIT3: (last one) S was not left alone with no adult, or with complete strangers. The conference organisers were colleagues my dad has worked with before - not super close like they had worked together for years, but they had done some research together. We had just spent a week together with some 30-40 people, including the conference organisers (about 5, Chinese based in Tibet) and about 10 English-speaking attendees from around the world: America, Germany, etc. There was a really friendly German man who had been very nice to us the whole week.

murder your father.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

bell jar posted:

my dog keeps biting people but it's okay because he's vaccinated

Oh great so now every full moon they become autistic.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Propaniac posted:

I'm [F34] pregnant and struggling with my husband's [M35] lack of support regarding my in-laws behaviour. How can I improve the situation?

OP needs to destroy Timothy and the mouse figurines immediately. Don't let the ritual be completed.

e: vvv NO IT'S HAPPENING ALREADY

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 10, 2019

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i can't stop thinking about timothy

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

nankeen posted:

That's cool. Timothy is thinking about you.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

OP needs to destroy Timothy and the mouse figurines immediately. Don't let the ritual be completed.

e: vvv NO IT'S HAPPENING ALREADY

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

nankeen posted:

Same. I will carry that story in my heart forever and I hope it's true.

Though it does suck for the normal lady and her baby if it is.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

I don’t know if I [19F] should proceed with this relationship with my boyfriend [33M] of seven months

:gonk:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
https://twitter.com/oregonian/status/1148895253438636035?s=21

quote:

DEAR ABBY: I am a 54-year-old single woman who recently started dating again after four years of total abstinence. My two adult daughters, ages 18 and 22, live at home with me.

My dilemma: I am smitten, to say the least, with an attractive, supportive and very loving man. I have invited him over and introduced him to the girls, which went well until the other night, when my 22-year-old overheard us being intimate (her bedroom is next to mine). There was no screaming or anything lewd, no nudity or PDA, but I happen to have a slightly noisy bed.

She now refuses to sleep in her room and sent me a text telling me she wants to live with her dad because she thinks it’s disgusting. I’m not sure how to feel. On one hand, I think she needs to grow up, but at the same time, I don’t want to be the cause of her discomfort.

I explained to her that I’m happy after being alone for so long and perhaps she could be happy for me. My partner thinks she’s jealous of our new relationship. The 18-year-old couldn’t care less.

My question is, am I behaving inappropriately? Don’t I have just as much right to enjoy my home as they do? -- GETTING BACK TO IT IN NEW YORK

DEAR GETTING BACK: I can see how your young adult daughter might be uncomfortable being confronted with her mother’s sexual activity, to the musical accompaniment of squeaking bed springs. Most people have a hard time accepting their parents as sexual beings. You didn’t mention whether your daughter’s father would welcome this daughter moving in with him. If he’s all for it, that would be the way to deal with her discomfort.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

This is incredibly sad and I hope this poor woman leaves but I thought posting blatant abuse stories was discouraged in this thread. :smith:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only thing that lady is giving birth to a litter of rats

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Buy a new mattress you cheep piece of poo poo, who sleeps on something with springs in 2019.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Bust Rodd posted:

you cheep piece of poo poo

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I(17M) was pepper sprayed by my girlfriend's childhood friend(15F).
Me and my girlfriend were making-out doing teen stuff in a river tunnel next to her house. Her friends found us and she jumped out of the boat, I stayed in and drifted out of the tunnel. Her friend that will be called Lexy from now on, grabbed my pepper spray that I keep for self defense and pointed it at me.

I told Lexy to obviously stop and put it back but she sprayed a little out and i got out of the boat immediately, Once I was out of the water, I grabbed her and tried to grab the pepper spray from her, I missed and instead pushed her into the creek, This is where Lexy sprayed me.

I luckily, I didn't get too much in my eyes but I got enough to feel the effects for the stated 30-45mins.

Next, As i start to feel the effects, I become completely blind to my surroundings and asked if I could have help to the hose outside. My girlfriend starts to be smart and instead of helping me to the hose, Makes me crawl my blind, pain ridden rear end back to the hose. Only after I make it past the steps does she come and help me to the hose.

At this point, I am feeling all the pain and glory, The only thing holding me back from crying out, Is the sweet relief of cold hose water.

My question that is bothering me, Is that am I over reacting if I push to break up with my girlfriend?

She showed me no real empathy, side from the casual "how's your face doing" and grabbing ice cream for me to rub on my face. She didn't actively come up to me and ask if I needed anything, infact, she joked around with her friends. I personally don't think I am welcome in that friend group, No one put real effort into asking if I was ok. With the exception of my girlfriends mother, That beautiful saint actually googled how to counter pepper spray, turns out soap helps?

After all was said and done, I was sprayed at 645 my time and i was finally up and running again around 740. Even then, I was visibly disgruntled and my Girlfriend sat with her friends while i cleaned myself up. I left 2 hours earlier than normal and made my way back home.

TLDR: Girlfriend's friend sprayed pepper spray at me, My girlfriend gave little empathy and she would rather sit with her friends and joke with them, Than comfort me.

Am I over reacting for want to decide I don't want to be with her anymore? We have a good relationship on most fronts, We've dated for like 6 months but known each other for 8. I feel like I'm not very important to her and I feel like this was a red flag for our relationship.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

The part that makes me reconsider whether it's fake is the reference to Publix.

drat near all Publix stores are in Florida and this dude is absolutely Florida Man.

He posted in another story that he’s in Georgia.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chitoryu12 posted:

He posted in another story that he’s in Georgia.

Well no wonder he's so upset

He's in the wrong state!

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I was NOT prepared for Timothy and the mouse parents. But the abandoned child and disabled girl are also doozies.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for letting subordinate embarrass herself?

jfc you could have replied that this is a business number and is inappropriate for personal communications and is logged - she'd leave you alone you loving sociopath

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Spaced God posted:

Oh no quick someone find more posts about cats eating large amounts of things before this derail happens

When I was a kid my friend's mom left a large piece of liver on the counter when she went to answer the phone. When she came back, the cat had eaten like 90% of it and was working on the rest.

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I couldn't even finish that mouse parent one, it just made my skin crawl.

Re: letting coworker sabotage herself: I kind of get it. The thing to remember is that he says he 'wanted to see how far this would go', but that doesn't necessarily mean he predicted that she'd send nudes. My understanding, based on the story and his following comments, was that he knew she was going to be a difficult coworker and wanted to let her provide clear, uncontestable grounds for termination, rather than to see her humiliated.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Always give them enough rope to hang themselves.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

New Coke posted:

The thing to remember is that he says he 'wanted to see how far this would go', but that doesn't necessarily mean he predicted that she'd send nudes. My understanding, based on the story and his following comments, was that he knew she was going to be a difficult coworker and wanted to let her provide clear, uncontestable grounds for termination, rather than to see her humiliated.

drunken sexting is clear and uncontestable grounds by itself, dude could have cut it off there but he was getting a thrill and wanted to keep getting flirted with under plausible deniability

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

who cares about embarrassing some drunk idiot? gently caress em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

luxury handset posted:

drunken sexting is clear and uncontestable grounds by itself, dude could have cut it off there but he was getting a thrill and wanted to keep getting flirted with under plausible deniability

Do you not read “Not tonight “ as a no? Women do this all the time when they’re trying to avoid making an uncomfortable situation worse. Oh wait.