Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

these are the people we need to win over, folks. - Biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
excuse me as a proud supporter of our president I see zero white people in this picture :911:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
gently caress that Nuetzi scum

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Getting emotionally ruined by looking immigrant-ish to own the libs.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Al! posted:

gently caress that Nuetzi scum

i guess her time had come :shrug:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DACK FAYDEN posted:

apparently, according to this when I clicked through, California is the #50 in the nation of States Friendly to Business.

lol

I dunno about that one specifically but every time I see something like this it is CATO Institute or similar whining about taxation and regulations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

i guess her time had come :shrug:

trump term 2 means she's going right back into the camp

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
should have put her in a camp, canadian filth

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Al! posted:

trump term 2 means she's going right back into the camp

yeah it’s going to rule.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Epic High Five posted:

remember when Sacha Baron Cohen went around a chud town interviewing Trump supporters but unlike all the NPR and third way and mass media stories, he didn't heavily edit it to fit a preferred narrative, so it was just nonstop insanely racist reasoning that had absolutely nothing to do with economics at all, and nobody was ashamed and they were all super on board with trump, lol

This is from like a week ago, but anyone have a link? This sounds great. A cursory Google didn't turn up much other than borat on Jimmy Kimmel.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

CodfishCartographer posted:

This is from like a week ago, but anyone have a link? This sounds great. A cursory Google didn't turn up much other than borat on Jimmy Kimmel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJlZyFxp88

I remember there was a segment where he was on the street doing something like this but can't find it

basically the whole show is just saying a word to trigger chuds and then putting a mic in front of them

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Moridin920 posted:

I dunno about that one specifically but every time I see something like this it is CATO Institute or similar whining about taxation and regulations.
oh, it always is, that's what I'm pointing out

noted bastion of absolutely no startups or economic activity at all, California

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

CodfishCartographer posted:

"Who is America?" had the above clip and regular bits where he pretended to be an Israeli anti-terrorism expert for pranks like getting GOP politicians to enthusiastically support arming kindergarten students or drop their pants and bare rear end while shouting racial slurs*, but also some pretty terrible sequences where he gets someone to go through with an (staged) assassination of a random protester. Just letting them talk openly is so damning.

*this bit is brilliant, he implies for the guy to say the "n-word" and when he does the obvious he stops him and tells him that word is disgusting and he was talking about the word "nooni" or something else

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Knight posted:

"Who is America?" had the above clip and regular bits where he pretended to be an Israeli anti-terrorism expert for pranks like getting GOP politicians to enthusiastically support arming kindergarten students or drop their pants and bare rear end while shouting racial slurs*, but also some pretty terrible sequences where he gets someone to go through with an (staged) assassination of a random protester. Just letting them talk openly is so damning.

*this bit is brilliant, he implies for the guy to say the "n-word" and when he does the obvious he stops him and tells him that word is disgusting and he was talking about the word "nooni" or something else

got Cheney to sign a waterboarding kit too lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Knight posted:

but also some pretty terrible sequences where he gets someone to go through with an (staged) assassination of a random protester.

he also full on seduces this guy

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

they don't want states to be economically successful, they want places they can park their stolen assets without being taxed on it and gently caress everyone else including "small businesses"

states should start bragging about being on the bottom of the "best states for business" lists like democrats do for having F ratings from the NRA

california has its problems for sure but a ton of them come from being a victim of its own economic success - wealth inequality is huge here because enormous industries are making bank without any of it filtering down to the laborers who make it possible, much less the people left behind in a high-education job market. a decent number of our problems are by virtue that we're still stuck in america and limited in the extent of what we can even do, but compared to almost every other state? yeah we're doin alright

Shipon has issued a correction as of 21:14 on Jul 12, 2019

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

watch the clip with jason spencer (the n word guy) and look at cohen's face when spencer starts screaming the n word, he can barely contain himself from bursting out laughing

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

it was such an incredible show and got great to decent ratings, definitely enough to approve a 2nd season, but everybody just sort of knew it would never be approved because humiliating chuds by broadcasting what they say without running it through a soft-focus NPR/NYT economic anxiety filter makes a laughingstock of too many powerful people lol

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

This is a woman who voted against Obama because of a tan suit, putting the wrong hand on his heart or the lack of a lapel pin, isn't it?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

it was such an incredible show and got great to decent ratings, definitely enough to approve a 2nd season, but everybody just sort of knew it would never be approved because humiliating chuds by broadcasting what they say without running it through a soft-focus NPR/NYT economic anxiety filter makes a laughingstock of too many powerful people lol

Pretty sure that they wouldn't have been able to repeat the same level of success. Targets would've been too wary.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

Pretty sure that they wouldn't have been able to repeat the same level of success. Targets would've been too wary.

I thought this too but then I thought about the targets and how they've been selected for generations to be as dumb and credulous as possible

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

This is a woman who voted against Obama because of a tan suit, putting the wrong hand on his heart or the lack of a lapel pin, isn't it?

she definitely voted against Obama because of a color issue.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Zeroisanumber posted:

Steven Colbert kept getting congresspeople to show up on his "Better know a district" segment way, way after they should have known better - I'm pretty sure that the SBC could have run his show for five years and he'd still be getting cops and mayors and the entire population of bumblefuck Ohio to show up.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

the first season was shot after the theatrical runs of borat and Bruno

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jenny Agutter posted:

the first season was shot after the theatrical runs of borat and Bruno

borat is like fifteen years old

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

They would need to tell everyone that they aren't doing a second season, even if they were doing one, to keep people off guard. I still have hope for another season.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJlZyFxp88

I remember there was a segment where he was on the street doing something like this but can't find it

basically the whole show is just saying a word to trigger chuds and then putting a mic in front of them

This was my favorite bit especially the mosque reveal which had the all the Chuds gasping in horror.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Epic High Five posted:

The show owned because it got more than one chud to resign after being publicly shamed, lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

tpink posted:

The show owned because it got more than one chud to resign after being publicly shamed, lol

What is America? did nothing wrong.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Too bad it didn't get Matt Gaetz to resign

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Cohen did get clocked a couple times. There's surveillance footage from a gun shop where he was trying to do a bit and one of the kids who works there is like "Man I ain't gonna help you, you're loving borat."

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bushiz posted:

Cohen did get clocked a couple times. There's surveillance footage from a gun shop where he was trying to do a bit and one of the kids who works there is like "Man I ain't gonna help you, you're loving borat."

i haven't seen the show, but props to the kid. I'm a guy who was an og ali g fan (sorry) and I cant believe he wouldn't be clocked even with the masks and makeup

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I have heard people say that plenty of the people being interviewed know full well who he is, and that any reactions are just an act.

Some people really don't pay attention to things though, so I can imagine that there are people who don't realise who they're talking to.

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016
There are people who legitimately thought Stephen Colbert was conservative because they didn't understand The Colbert Report was satire despite him being over-the-top in his depiction of a conservative pundit.

Add to that never having any sort of comeuppance for your lovely behavior and it's easy to see how so many people who fall for this stuff.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

etalian posted:

This was my favorite bit especially the mosque reveal which had the all the Chuds gasping in horror.

My favorite part was when he mentioned it was funded by Saudi Arabia and the Clinton Foundation, and the chuds go ballistic at the latter. :lol:

Neurophage
Oct 11, 2012

Her name is Nuetzi, lol

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Tip Shades posted:

There are people who legitimately thought Stephen Colbert was conservative because they didn't understand The Colbert Report was satire despite him being over-the-top in his depiction of a conservative pundit.

Add to that never having any sort of comeuppance for your lovely behavior and it's easy to see how so many people who fall for this stuff.

I had a woman at work once tell me about how she had read an Andy Borkowitz (I think that's his name) satire piece about Obama stealing guns and she believed it. When I told her it was satire she said, "what's satire?" So I explained it to her. She got visibly flustered then said "that's not real, why would they let him do that?!"

This is the GOP base.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I had a woman at work once tell me about how she had read an Andy Borkowitz (I think that's his name) satire piece about Obama stealing guns and she believed it. When I told her it was satire she said, "what's satire?" So I explained it to her. She got visibly flustered then said "that's not real, why would they let him do that?!"

This is the GOP base.

"It's only 'fake news' if it's news I don't agree with!"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mr Interweb posted:

My favorite part was when he mentioned it was funded by Saudi Arabia and the Clinton Foundation, and the chuds go ballistic at the latter. :lol:

Then some fat lady in the crowd yells at "I knew it!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

This is the GOP base.

Post Trump voters realizing that they’re satire here