Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

cumshitter posted:

I actually haven't spoken to my straight son in several years but was reminded of him today. The last time I spoke to him was when I went to meet with some clients at their office. After the meeting I told my son to wait while I used the bathroom, then I drove off and went for a late lunch with my husband.

Apparently my son just wandered around the office for a week, living on snacks and left out sandwich platters, until he wandered into a meeting and delivered a PowerPoint presentation entitled: "Have you seen my dad? I can't find his car in the parking lot." I guess this really impressed the idiots who worked there, because pretty soon he was their Senior Director of Corporate Communications. This is a Fortune 500 company, mind you.

Seems like my son is doing pretty well, despite his heterosexual handicap, and is now a motivational business speaker and published author with works such as:

Where is YOUR Dad? Defining Your Company's Core Values for Success
Lost in the Parking Lot: Finding Meaning in a Shifting Business Paradigm

Anyway, I was reminded of my son today because during a meeting someone said, "Well right now I'd say we're lost in the parking lot. But once we've had time to make sense of the analytics we'll know where our dad is."

This is great, love those book titles.

I finally read this whole thread; much time was wasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Broken clocks, amirite?

Great minds think alike... so what's your excuse?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

charity rereg posted:

Also it doesn't really 100% fit in this thread but if the "Tinder date with an actual serial killer" thread from twitter hasn't been posted :stare: :stare: :stare:

Well that escalated.

Has there been a dating app themed horror movie yet?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My (24F) husband (33M) wants to sell my engagement ring when I die of cancer

quote:

Obligatory this is a throwaway because some of my friends know my real account. They don’t know I’m sick yet. Sorry in advance for the novel you’re about to read.

Some context: Four months ago I started noticing some abdominal pain, back pain, and random bleeding at times of the month that I shouldn’t have. I was tested for STIs and pregnancy, as well as a Pap test (my first, since I’d only ever been sexually active with my husband). I also noticed I was experiencing pretty extreme fatigue and a bit of weight loss as well. It took 7 weeks, but my Pap came back abnormal. From there, they did a small biopsy, and then a follow up more invasive biopsy. Those came back positive for cervical cancer. After scans to determine the extent of it, I was found to have stage four cervical cancer that had spread to my uterus, bladder, lymph nodes, and liver. From what I can tell, it’s pretty rare for someone my age, and they’ve told me because of how much it’s metastasized that my survival rate is low. I’ve decided to forgo treatment, because it’s likely that after many invasive and painful surgeries, and chemo that ruins my body, that I’ll still die anyways.

Onto the story. My husband and I have been together for 6 years, married for 3. We own a home together and were planning for children as soon as I finished my master’s degree. We’ve decided to take the savings we have for kids and go travel the world in style before I get too sick. The other day we were going over finances, and started to have “the talk” about what happens when I pass away. He’s always been very financially conscious, and has budgeted a lot so that we can still live a nice life while I finish school. We started chatting about random details and I mentioned that I’d like to be buried with my engagement ring and my wedding band. At this point, he looked at me funny and casually said “well no, because I’m going to sell your engagement ring.” I felt like I’d been punched in the gut. All I could muster was “what do you mean?” He went on to explain that because my wedding band wasn’t awfully expensive, and that that’s what proved our marriage anyways, that it’s all that mattered. His argument was that because he bought the ring, that he’d sell it since we didn’t have any children to pass it down to. I couldn’t say a word. I just got up, grabbed my keys and my purse and drove to my mom’s house. He tried calling me about a hundred times before I turned my phone off. My mom and I talked for a while, and I ended up sobbing into her arms. I’m just lying in the guest room typing this out on her iPad now.

So, what the hell do I do? I don’t know if he’s just not dealing with the idea of my death well, which I don’t fault him for. But to be so nonchalant about such a thing? I just can’t face him for now, and I don’t even know how to go back. How do I spend the last months of my life travelling around with someone who I thought loved me above all else? I feel so disrespected and betrayed. Am I over reacting?

Oh my God.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

My (30M) sister (28F) is studying to be a nurse at a Catholic university. She has a holistic anti-vax instructor that is trying to brain wash all her students. What do I do?

quote:

My (30M) sister (28F) is studying to be a nurse at a Catholic university. She has a holistic anti-vax instructor that is trying to brain wash all her students. I found out about this because my family went out to dinner and she started questioning the safety about vaccines. We were all shocked. We spent the rest of the night trying to convince her that vaccinations were best for her kids. Another crazy thing is that our father (who was at the dinner) is her pediatrician! He was trying the hardest to convince her that vaccines were good, even pulling up scientific studies on his phone. She kept saying that she nor her instructor was anti-vax, but that they were just asking questions. She was saying some wild poo poo though, and even looking up books from Amazon that were being peddled by her instructor. This instructor has a class full of soon to be nurses, and they are seriously getting brain washed against vaccines. I'm not sure what to do about it.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Boyfriend (20M) started crying when I (19F) told him to wear a condom...

quote:

My boyfriend and I have recently become sexually active. I am in the process of getting on BC but I heard condoms are very safe so I’m ok using them atm. Honestly don’t wanna get on the pill bc im scared of gaining weight and I really like my body now. But even if I get on the pill, I’d like to continue using condoms for added protection.

We’ve been having sex for like 2 months maybe and he’s really annoying w condoms. Super annoying. Whiny and begs me to go bare and promises to buy me plan b. I’m not messing with my hormones bc of a dumb reason like that so I always make him wear one. He’s good and puts it on but he does debate that I should let him go without. But I keep saying no and then he puts it on.

We were talking today like doing foreplay or whatever trying to turn each other on lol. He started telling me that he wants to go bare and feel me 100% and saying I’d feel him better too. More graphic than that but ya lol. I told him no we can’t do that u have to wear one, like always, and he legit started crying. Like whimpering and real tears falling from his face. I was like omg are you okay what happened etc. he said he just wants to do it so bad. I comforted him and told him I was getting BC soon and we can do it then but he just sobbed harder and said he couldn’t wait that long and said he hates condoms with a passion

I don’t get it. Like he actually started crying over this. I just told him it was ok and to calm down and honestly it was kind of a turn off so we didn’t even have sex. I love when he’s emotional and cries but crying about condoms?? I was pretty confused. Does it sound like there’s a serious reason for the aversion to condoms or is he just a horn ball and got overly emotional about it. I’m still so confused

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He's lame

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

WIBTA if I spoke to my son's (17M) football coach about literally fattening him up?

quote:

Just for background, my son (17 years old) has always been a pretty natural all-around athlete, with football and swimming being his two main competitive sports. With the latest football season coming up, all of the usual preseason conditioning has been ramping up, but with one new twist:

He was asked in May by his coach to put on weight for the new season this fall, and not just any weight: 40 freakin' pounds, so that he would start the season at an even 200 lbs.

Being the team player (and bottomless pit for food) that he is, he didn't question his coach's request and immediately got to "work." I didn't know any of this was happening at the time, but his coach expressly encouraged him to put on the weight as quickly as possible, and also gave him a set of tips and rules to follow to help make it happen.

The "rules" apparently included calorie quotas and suggested ways to achieve them (drinking more soda, recommended fast food orders, supplements to order—which explains why one called Boost started showing up at my doorstep by the box full, and on and on). As if that weren't already a recipe for gaining the wrong kind of weight, yet another bogus rule was to limit his cardio workouts, including swimming.

Again, I didn't know this was happening until later, but looking back on the last couple of months, it makes a lot of sense. I do think I noticed the drop off in his interest in running and swimming this summer, and I also definitely saw a decided shift in the sorts of drinks and food he was bringing home, but I feel terrible because I didn't really think much of it until I saw the effects quite literally building up on the guy.

After the first few weeks I could have sworn he already looked a little bigger, but these days there's no getting around the fact that he's put on a significant amount of weight (35 lbs so far it turns out). I'm talking a "gut" that's starting to resemble his father's, and this is on a 17-year-old kid who's never had a weight problem in his life. (Of course, life after high school is a constant battle to keep weight off, so I worried he might be getting an unneeded head start in that department.)

Obviously I became concerned about his mental health or potential eating disorders, so I eventually asked what was going on, and to his credit he explained everything. Since then, I've felt a mix of anger at his coach, and guilt for being so hands-off until things seem to have gotten out of hand.

My son thinks I'm overreacting, and my husband has taken his side (and it turns out he was even enabling it). They say I don't understand the sport's culture, and I'm only this upset because I prefer swimming (which I do). I still feel tempted to address this with his coach, but I know it will mortify my son, so I feel kind of stuck here. WIBTA if I spoke with his coach independently anyway, or is my point of view here reasonable?

TL;DR: Son's coach is resorting to what I consider unhealthy measures to help him gain weight, and I'm not sure how to "solve" the situation.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

DemoneeHo posted:

Boyfriend (20M) started crying when I (19F) told him to wear a condom...

lol plan b is like $40 a pop, very practical proposal to buy it every time

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
AITA for going to women's swim and gymnastics events at my university because I have a foot fetish?
u/gjfkkehbklof

quote:

So I've always loved these sports in the Olympics because of all the barefoot women! How can I not enjoy them? I did feel a little weird but then realized especially after watching some videos of a foot fetish model on YouTube discussing it that I can't control that anymore than LGBT people can and trying to not have a foot fetish is like conversion therapy.

So I attend sports events at my school with barefoot female athletes and quite enjoy them. A couple nights ago after a few drinks I admitted this to my buddy at a party. He was pretty drunk too but laughed at me and said that was creepy.

So is it wrong? I'm not doing anything to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

:barf:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

My (24F) husband (33M) wants to sell my engagement ring when I die of cancer

Oh my God.

:lol: we found him, the dumbest man to ever live

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

:lol: we found him, the dumbest man to ever live

Dumb and a creepy rear end in a top hat to boot. When they started dating he was 27 and she was 18

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

DemoneeHo posted:

WIBTA if I spoke to my son's (17M) football coach about literally fattening him up?

well? how tall is he and what position will he play? what's his training schedule like?

but also, lol at this

quote:

(Of course, life after high school is a constant battle to keep weight off, so I worried he might be getting an unneeded head start in that department.) 

Obviously I became concerned about his mental health or potential eating disorders

oh, I don't think your child needs anyone else's help in that department

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

DemoneeHo posted:

turns out, football is harmful to children's health

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for no longer being willing to tell my best friend what's going on in my wife's pregnancy?

Good dad and good husband, put your jerk friend in the trash where he belongs.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

DemoneeHo posted:

quote:

he "rules" apparently included calorie quotas and suggested ways to achieve them (drinking more soda, recommended fast food orders, supplements to order—which explains why one called Boost started showing up at my doorstep by the box full, and on and on). As if that weren't already a recipe for gaining the wrong kind of weight, yet another bogus rule was to limit his cardio workouts, including swimming.

That's not how you're supposed to loving do that! You're supposed to eat approximately a million grams of protein a day and lift constantly.

40 pounds of straight fat just turns you into a slow out of shape loser.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Geoj posted:

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet but bagel manlet has his own YouTube channel.

I know this is a week old... but bagel manlet's channel has been closed.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for being open about my economic status among pushy coworkers?

quote:

I work at a small tech company where it's basically split between designers and project managers. I'm the admin assistant, so I do a little bit of everything until we find out what I'm good at. The others in the company come from much different experiences and life backgrounds than me. On the PM side, it's mostly women, and they love to talk about all the things they buy, travel, etc.

One of them pulled me into a conversation about travel and said we should all bring in passports to compare places we've been. I said "Oh, I've never had a passport." She was shocked, asked me why not. I just said "Oh, I can't really afford to travel." She looked confused and asked about when I was growing up, where would we go on family vacations. I said we didn't and changed the subject. She kept looking at me weird after that.

Then came the purse thing. I've carried the same bag with me for about 6 years. One of the girls laughed at a fraying strap and said it was time for a new one, and suggested this brand I'd never heard of that kind of matched the style. I looked it up and said "That's a really nice one! But wow, $150 for a purse!" She looked at me funny and said "Do you think that's a lot...?" I said yes, that's basically two weeks groceries for me. She was very taken aback.

The "inciting" incident happened last week. One of the women recently started the process of buying a house. She's really excited and got her a nice candle. One of the women said that I was next, and I just said "Haha, yeah right!" One of the women asked when I thought I'd start looking, and I was honest and said that I don't really see home ownership as a part of my life. They were all shocked and kept trying to tell me why I was wrong, and I admit I got a little annoyed when they wouldn't drop it. I said "With what money?"

It got awkward after that, and the next day one of the women pulled me aside and told me that they're sick of the way I always have to be a downer about money, and that I always make it awkward when I talk about what I can't afford. I said "Well, how do you think it makes me feel to have you guys constantly flaunting all the purses and high end makeup and designer clothes you're wearing." She said that they were bonding, that's what women do, and that from now on, I should try to be more discrete about the income disparity between us.

I said "Sure, if you guys will be, so will I." She gave me a look and said that I'm acting kind of like an rear end in a top hat and punishing them for something that's not their fault. I told her that she was certainly entitled to that opinion, but that I think it's tacky to brag about all of the lavish things you can buy. She got pretty upset at that and now just one of the PM girls talks to me. AITA?

Eat the rich.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

areyoucontagious posted:

AITA for going to women's swim and gymnastics events at my university because I have a foot fetish?
u/gjfkkehbklof

It's creepy and wrong but at least it's not hurting anyone for you to just be in attendance. Never talk to any of these women, OP

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

ad090 posted:

AITA for calling the cops on my neighbors having a loud block party on our block?

Oh gently caress you. Sudden block parties are one of the greatest things about living in Brooklyn.

Cacator posted:

I remember another funny story about how Toyota chose to build a plant in Canada instead of the US because they found American workers were basically illiterate.

Isn't this the plot of Gung Ho?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Eat the rich.

Tell the project managers that you'll be able to start looking for a house as soon as they give you enough income to do so

loving rich people are so stupid

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

QuarkJets posted:

Tell the project managers that you'll be able to start looking for a house as soon as they give you enough income to do so

loving rich people are so stupid

"we've discussed it, and we've found enough money in the operating budget to add a servant's entrance to the office. try not to draw so much attention to yourself."

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

DemoneeHo posted:

it's hosed up that this kid is basically sacrificing his good health so that he can be a "better" high school football player, maybe we shouldn't take health advice from a dude who has spent a lifetime giving himself concussions

like he's literally sacrificing his other interests to the shrine of Football, gently caress everything about that sport and others like it

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Pinecone Sample posted:

turns out, football is harmful to children's health

More like fatball amirite :btroll:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My (20F) mom (51F) won’t budge on her decision about my nose piercing.

quote:

Around this time last year, I decided to say “screw it” and got my nose pierced without her permission. For me the whole reason I even wanted one in the first place was to get a hoop, not a stud. When I came back home and she saw the hoop in my nose she reacted in a way I did not expect at all, she began to cry, saying stuff like “From all people I didn’t expect this from you” and her bawling just made me feel absolutely lovely. Especially since she decided to call up her friend and cry to her saying other stuff like “I don’t even KNOW who she is anymore”.

In the end I changed it to a stud, not because she made me and I’m still grateful she didn’t make me take out the piercing completely but because I got an irritation bump and was forced to do it.

Now a year later, every once in a while I bring it up to her that I want to change it back to the hoop because that is what I truly want. But every time I ask, it’s a flat out no. And I ask her why and she says “The hoop looks ugly, and I actually think that your tiny stud looks better” and then if I keep asking she gets annoyed, gets irritated towards me, or just straight up ignores me.

I don’t know if I’m overreacting in making a post about this or not. Maybe I should just let it go, after all it is just a nose piercing. But it’s something I’ve wanted for a long time, and personally I like the way it looks on me. I don’t know if I should just not bring it up anymore although I know deep down I want to have a hoop. I would ask my dad but he always sides with her anyways.

Thanks in advance.

tl;dr: Got a nose piercing a year ago, mom cried about it, I changed it from a hoop to a stud but want to get a hoop again, but she absolutely won’t let me.

You're 20 goddamn years old, lady.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

"Hey Brenda, Susan and I were just discussing how many different continents we visited before the age of ten. I got 6 and Susan also got 6. How many did you go to?"
"Uh, just the one, my family couldn't really afford those kinds of trips growing up."
"Wow Brenda do you think you could be a bit more considerate? Pretty rude to just lord that over us."

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Resting Lich Face posted:

I know this is a week old... but bagel manlet's channel has been closed.
A happy ending.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Dr Strangepants posted:

Congrats! What was your favourite story?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Back in college I was coming from a solidly middle-class family that lived well within our means and I'd call us wealthy except that I visited the Bay area once and saw folks in mansions calling themselves "middle-class" so gently caress that. We couldn't afford everything, but when something (or someone) broke we didn't need to worry about where the money was coming from to fix it. My neighborhood was a bunch of folks in the same situation, it was a one-business town without a culture of conspicuous consumption so though I'm sure managers earned more and such, nobody was really showing it off and the main difference was that idea that "we have the money for it" had different thresholds for different folks and that wasn't something we talked about. In contrast, one of my friends was a farmgirl from Washington who was in college entirely off of scholarships and if anything went wrong she'd be stuck with the cows. Anyway, one time in freshman year I made some offhand comment about money and she tore me a new one. Never seen her so angry, and I deserved every (well, almost every, there was some pain from other sources that came out in there) word of it.

Best thing that ever happened to me, really helped pop a few bubbles I grew up in. The more those rich bitches don't want to hear about it, the more they ought to.

Chairman Mao
Apr 24, 2004

The Chinese Communist Party is the core of leadership of the whole Chinese people. Without this core, the cause of socialism cannot be victorious.

chitoryu12 posted:

"Hey could you please stop being such a loving poor, thanks."

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
She could come into the office wearing burlap with her face covered in ash and cough loudly every time someone passes by her desk without putting money in her tip jar, which would be a rusty can of beans with a jaggedly cut lid still sticking off it.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

areyoucontagious posted:

AITA because I have a foot fetish?
u/gjfkkehbklof

I mean, probably

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dr Strangepants posted:

AITA: Spent life reading 5,000 page thread while neglecting family and friends.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting my biological father to take part of the typical "father of the bride" stuff?

My biological father was never a huge part of my life. He left my mom when I was 2 and I barely saw him after that until I was almost a teenager, when he remarried. During that time, my mom got remarried and I consider my step-dad, my dad. He raised me. Even though my bio dad was in my life, he wasn’t great and my step-dad was the guy I went to and he took care of me, did all the stuff a dad is supposed to. I even ended up going by his last name, calling him “dad” and legally changing my last name when I was able to. My biological dad never cared about any of this, actually. It was his side of the family (his parents, mainly) that kicked up a fuss. They were always in my life and knew he was a loser, but still hated what I was doing. I mostly ignored them.

Now, I’m an adult and am getting married. My biological dad is going to be attending the wedding, but he’s not doing any of the typical father of the bride stuff, my step-dad is. He didn’t speak any disappointment to me about it. However, I guess he did to his parents because my biological paternal grandmother came to me. She said I should split the father of the bride duties, between my two dads. I said, honestly, I don’t have two dads. My biological father contributed to me being alive, but he barely did anything for me after that. We have an okay relationship now but we’re not really father/daughter. My grandmother suggested they both walk me down the aisle and I have two father/daughter dances. I said I don’t feel that my biological father deserves the honor.

Now, my biological paternal grandparents do not want to attend the wedding and have said that until I “grow up”, they will not. A few other members on that side are not either. I asked my biological father how he felt. He said that he didn’t expect for things to blow up the way he did, but he has a lot of regrets and it hurts, but he also knows he has no rights to expect anything from me.

Am I being an rear end here?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

EL BROMANCE posted:

AITA: Spent life reading 5,000 page thread while neglecting family and friends.

Yes, but now he has learned the mystery of Pete. Not to mention Bagel Manlet, Fight Boy and Cake Puncher, the unholy trinity on impotent rage. And Timothy. We can't forget Timothy.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA if I haven’t talked to my sister in a month after she ruined a family photo and made my wife cry at our wedding reception?

More of a “are we the assholes” because it’s about both my wife and I. TL;DR: at bottom. My apologies for grammar and formatting errors, posting on mobile and struggled keeping it under 3000 characters.

My wife’s cousin was supposed to do a reading for the wedding, but canceled at 7am. Due to this, we were relying on my sister. I called my sister she said she'd do it.

A few hours before the wedding. My sister sent my wife a text: “I’m really sorry that I cannot read the prayer I just can’t handle reading in front of so many people thank you for understanding!”

My wife said: “I accept your apology, but I don’t understand. We needed you to do this after my cousin bailed and stressed me out so I can’t be stressed out on our wedding day. Don’t worry about it. Thankfully my maid of honor stepped in, ”

While not ideal, everything else at the wedding was perfect.

At a Mexican wedding reception, the bridesmaids have to participate in a serpentine dance where they run around the bride/groom. Afterwards is the bouquet toss.

My wife called my sister over to participate and she kept saying no. My wife thought she couldn’t hear her over the four hundred people talking and the music so she yelled at my sister. She finally did come over and said that she wasn’t going to do the serpentine. My wife pleaded to her that this was the one thing my sister couldn’t back out of and she still said no. So my wife wife said okay and rolled her eyes.

My sister said she couldn’t participate because she had hurt her foot and that my wife screamed at her. I told my sister I would talk to my wife, but that she had to participate because as a bridesmaid for the bouquet toss. If she couldn’t run she could be at the front and walk. I went to my wife and she explained her side to me, but before we could talk to my sister, the serpentine started. Thankfully my sister joined in at the front.

After this, my sister left for 45 minutes. I had been wanting a family photo with my dads family, the first in a decade. And when it was time to do it, my sister refused to come back in.

When my sister finally came back in, my wife apologized that she only yelled because she thought my sister couldn’t hear and that she had wanted her to not miss out on the bouquet toss or the awesome serpertine.

To which my sister said angrily replied, “I accept your apology, but I don’t forgive you and we will talk about this later.” Before she walking back to her table.

It was the final straw and my wife started crying. Her moms friend saw her crying and told her parents and she had to tell them what happened.

We are still upset and hurt by my sister’s actions during what should have been a perfect night centered on us.

So Reddit, are we the assholes here?

TL;DR: My sister refused multiple times to participate in wedding activities, missed important family photos, and made my wife cry. We have not talked to her since . We are still angry and hurt.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for snapping at my mid-functioning autistic friend for cat-roleplaying with me when my grandma just died?

Oh my god your friend got a boner from hearing that your grandma died??!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i did it i caught up

hello july

Chairman Mao
Apr 24, 2004

The Chinese Communist Party is the core of leadership of the whole Chinese people. Without this core, the cause of socialism cannot be victorious.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I mean spending a lifetime raising you is basically identical to cumming in your mom a few decades ago so yeah you're definitely the rear end in a top hat here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting my biological father to take part of the typical "father of the bride" stuff?

Not even a bit.

gently caress them, and tell them good riddance.
EDIT: ^^^^ Did you read it or was that sarcasm?