Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

Yo.

Is there a site that translates DDT promos?

Thanks.

https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/ has results with usually a broad explanation. The DDT English Update Twitter is better and more in depth but awful to check things that happened more than a day or two ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chris James 2 posted:

Dragon Gate's biggest show of the year this Sunday on the Dragon Gate Network https://dragongate.live/ for 1500 yen (roughly $13). Also their first show/test run with English commentary! Full card for Kobe World:

Super Shisa, K-ness., Shachihoko Machine, Problem Dragon and Draztick Boy vs Kenichiro Arai, Jason Lee, Keisuke Okuda, Dragon Dia and Jimmy
BxB Hulk, Kagetora and Yosuke♥Santa Maria vs Genki Horiguchi, "brother" YASSHI and Punch Tominaga vs Hyo Watanabe, Yuki Yoshioka and Kota Minoura in BxB Hulk's comeback match
Ryo Saito and "Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa vs Choi Hong Man in a Dragon Gate 20th Anniversary Celebration Series 2-on-1 handicap match
Kzy vs Shun Skywalker in a special singles match presented by Barusan
RED (Takashi Yoshida, Yasushi Kanda and Kazma Sakamoto) defend the Open The Triangle Gate titles against Strong Machine J, Strong Machine F and Strong Machine G
Susumu Yokosuka defends the Open The Brave Gate title against Flamita
Ultimo Dragon, Masato Yoshino and Dragon Kid vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Wrestle-1's Shuji Kondo and ZERO1's Takuya Sugawara in a Dragon Gate 20th Anniversary Celebration Series premium match; it is also Ultimo Dragon's first ever match for Dragon Gate
YAMATO and KAI defend the Open The Twin Gate titles in a triple-threat against the teams of Naruki Doi & Kaito Ishida, and Eita & Big R Shimizu
PAC defends the Open The Dream Gate title against Ben-K

It's weird symetery that DG are having English commentary at around the same time that Jae's awesome site I Heart DG has gone offline. His translations of promos really helped watch. So yeah, this could be really big as far as Dragon Gate getting a bit more traction around the world because they do have a fair amount of talking during shows.

Anyway, it's going to be a cool card and I'm looking forward to watching it. Dream Gate match between PAC & Ben-K will be great (y'know, like every PAC title defence so far), return of BxB, Kzy vs Shun Skywalker should rad, every Susumu Brave Gate match has been at worst interesting and Flamita should be fun, Ultimo Dragon in Dragon Gate is obviously completely amazing even if he half-arses it in the actual match. Interested in the Triangle Gate match too mainly to see if Strong Machines win or not, because if they do then it suggests F & G will hang around for a while longer. Strongly urge anyone even half on the fence about this show to tune in. There's no G1 show on Sunday, there's no live All Japan, there is DDT Summer Vacation but it's due to be done 2 hours 30 before Kobe World Wrestling Festival starts.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

drat i didnt know iheartdg went down :(

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

That sucks to hear. I was huge into Toryumon/DG back around 15 years ago and I loved that site then.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I thought DG brought the Jimmys gimmick back but it turns out to just be this dude

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1135313672782434311

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

forkboy84 posted:

It's weird symetery that DG are having English commentary at around the same time that Jae's awesome site I Heart DG has gone offline. His translations of promos really helped watch. So yeah, this could be really big as far as Dragon Gate getting a bit more traction around the world because they do have a fair amount of talking during shows.

jae's an interesting cat. he started the site that would be called iheartdg (originally he called it dgusa lmao) in 99 off of his dreamcast. he moved over to japan like six years ago and runs/was running all of dg's english social media over the last few years. he's kind of fickle. he shut down the site originally due to the stuff that went down in 2009. me and others thought he might end the site after the cima split last year. he's been progressively less interested in the product/been late on notes more and more over the last few months but must have just had it over the last few weeks. i've talked to him a bunch over the last few years (did a podcast with him too), but he's kind of distanced himself from the media people who do dg stuff as well. dunno if he's still working with dg or is done, because i could see it going either way.

larry dallas and rich bocchini will be interesting. larry is a guy who loves dg/actually did a tour back in 2012. i dunno rich's experience with dg, but i think he's generally alright on mlw. they're getting a bunch of prep work from me/others (originally i was going to stay silent about it, but bocchini tweeted about it so it's public now), so success or fail is going to be on their abilities imo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wasn't it Iheartdg that had all the TV shows up for streaming? Or am I thinking of another site?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

coconono posted:

wasn't it Iheartdg that had all the TV shows up for streaming? Or am I thinking of another site?

That was the defunct Open The Dragon Gate.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://twitter.com/fodderfigure/status/1152278349466804226?s=21

God bless DDT

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I'm excited for Takeshita/Brookes tonight. I know it's probably a long shot that Brookes wins and takes the belt to the UK for a bit, but I'm really rooting for him.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just watched seaweed paste, baby oil, and a blow pop no-selling Joey Ryan.

DDT owns.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Pinwiz11 posted:

I just watched seaweed paste, baby oil, and a blow pop no-selling Joey Ryan.

DDT owns.

That match had some fun twists on The Joey Ryan Shtick, I liked it more than I was expecting. MAO rules, I'd love to see him built up to challenge for a belt. I'm going to miss Brookes in DDT, hopefully he does another tour soon.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm sure Brookes is going to be a regular like Mike Bailey is based on what he's said and the reception to him. The whole video package for Takeshita/Brookes was about how Brookes better represents DDT than Takeshita does.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Brookes fit in so well with DDT, I hope he becomes a regular and moves to Japan, I haven't seen a gaijin fit in that well since Kenny Omega and El Generico's first tours.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

PublicOpinion posted:

MAO rules, I'd love to see him built up to challenge for a belt.

I figure there's no way we don't get this before too long. He's really over domestically and one of the most well-known members abroad already, and clearly thinks the world of DDT/Takagi (apologies for the shameless plug) and the sentiment appears to be mutual. It wouldn't surprise me if we're still seeing MAO 25 years down the line in weapon rumbles with El Hijo de Super Sasadango Machine.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Brookes fit in so well with DDT, I hope he becomes a regular and moves to Japan, I haven't seen a gaijin fit in that well since Kenny Omega and El Generico's first tours.

The way he went about ticking off all the super niche things like watching 666 and Gatoh Move and appearing on Battlemen and The Night makes me think he's really into this poo poo and will definitely stick around. I don't think I've seen a wrestler come over and get that far into the scene.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

That Dragon Gate show should end up as a strong competitor for best show of the year. It was stacked from top to bottom and was a joy to watch.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/dragon/1480914/

Kido from Dragon Gate wants Dragon Gate to be able to run the Kyocera Dome in Osaka. Preferably during the coming 5 years.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Adaptabullshit posted:

Kido from Dragon Gate wants Dragon Gate to be able to run the Kyocera Dome in Osaka. Preferably during the coming 5 years.

there was talk in the company, before okamura (founder/first president) retired about doing something big for this year's kobe world. they're kinda hamstrung with no real 10-20k venue in hyogo and having to jump to domes or stadiums there, so obviously that didn't come to pass.

kido's a lot more open minded than okamura, as seen with everyone coming back this year. it's shupro so i'm naturally skeptical if this is a work or a shoot, but this was easily their most profitable show in the dragon gate era. they basically sold out what they are willing to set up for ppvs at kinen hall. it'll be interesting if they try to go for bigger venues, just don't expect them to be go back to running ryogoku any time soon. they took a bath when they run there, and the tsunami wiping out their 2011 show at ryogoku resulted at them just doing koraukens and one ota hall show a year. tokyo's just not a top priority for dragon gaate.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Adaptabullshit posted:

If Dragon Gate runs the Osaka Dome before NJPW does I swear to God, Harold.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I love it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

I thought DG brought the Jimmys gimmick back but it turns out to just be this dude

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1135313672782434311

oh cool tony khan was able to bridge a dg agreement

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

there was talk in the company, before okamura (founder/first president) retired about doing something big for this year's kobe world. they're kinda hamstrung with no real 10-20k venue in hyogo and having to jump to domes or stadiums there, so obviously that didn't come to pass.

kido's a lot more open minded than okamura, as seen with everyone coming back this year. it's shupro so i'm naturally skeptical if this is a work or a shoot, but this was easily their most profitable show in the dragon gate era. they basically sold out what they are willing to set up for ppvs at kinen hall. it'll be interesting if they try to go for bigger venues, just don't expect them to be go back to running ryogoku any time soon. they took a bath when they run there, and the tsunami wiping out their 2011 show at ryogoku resulted at them just doing koraukens and one ota hall show a year. tokyo's just not a top priority for dragon gaate.

Kido actually said in that article, that he wants to be the big promotion in the west. East has Wrestle Kingdom, West would have the Dragon Gate show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/7_angel_summers/status/1153620294273077248

Kzy and Genki Horiguchi of Natural Vibes teamed with Koji Iwamoto and Keiichi Sato in All Japan today against Atsushi Maruyama, Black Menso~re, SUGI and Revlon

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I was successful in the lottery for tickets to the DDT forest show!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Congrats and I hope you have a great time!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1153625771405172737

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

:perfect::gritty:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm extremely jealous

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1154033044652621826

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1154033154530787330

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

YES

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Hahaha the dude reading the cards corpses when it becomes an obvious fist of the North Star thing

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
don't know any specifics at the moment, but dg will be having some sort of english commentary going forward. doubt it's for all shows, but suspect at least the remaining big shows of this year.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NOAH has partnered with MLW

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Noah needs to bring in LA Park

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Send Pillman Jr. on excursion and don't let him return until he has a five-star match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Announcing this right before the month Schiavone gets back to work for MLW :getin:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:stare: imagining half the roster dealing with wrestling here
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1154696258449076224

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Ibushi really regretting signing exclusively to NJPW right about now, just thinking of the highest moonsault ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Chris James 2 posted:

Same, Sanshiro-san, same. :stare: