Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ElGroucho posted:

forgive my ignorance, but what the gently caress is a uu
uu whats this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Biplane posted:

having a child is the ultimate betrayal, the absolute worst thing you could ever, ever do to another person is bringing them into this shitfest of a world. i say this as a parent 100% unironically.

sometimes I think it'd be nice to be a dad

Then I think about how I can barely take care of myself and I remind myself just how difficult it is to be a parent in this day and age and I'm like... yeah, not this year. Probably not next year, either.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

The Grimace posted:

sometimes I think it'd be nice to be a dad

Then I think about how I can barely take care of myself and I remind myself just how difficult it is to be a parent in this day and age and I'm like... yeah, not this year. Probably not next year, either.

:hai:

I can't take care of my own rear end, let alone the rear end of a small baby.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Unseen university

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

isn't it that annoying sound that anime girls make?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

Unfathomable Unguent, a sort of universal cure

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

BiggerBoat posted:

That sucks. I can relate.

My ex wife - we were married for 10 years - dated a black guy before she met me and her old man wound up crying in a fetal position in the bathroom when he learned about it. Her brother had her back but the whole thing must have sucked out loud while she was going through it. They're still die hard GOP voters even though apparently they don't like Trump.

I can't imagine that kind of blowback from the few people that are supposed to love and take care of you just for being gay or dating outside your race. So loving stupid and damaging.

my old man's a lost cause but i can occasionally engage my mom without it being confrontational (now, years later) and i've gotten her to the point where she'll admit that if it weren't for leviticus & the OT she'd have nothing else to base her homophobia on, and yet she's unwilling to take that next step and admit she's made a massive horrific mistake treating her youngest son like she has.

the joke is my brother and his husband now live a great life many states away and he refuses to tell anyone outside me his address / phone number / etc and honestly i can't blame him. every now and then my mom will ask for his info and i have to remind her "i can tell him you want to talk to him, but that's as far as i can take you"

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Freaking Crumbum posted:

my old man's a lost cause but i can occasionally engage my mom without it being confrontational (now, years later) and i've gotten her to the point where she'll admit that if it weren't for leviticus & the OT she'd have nothing else to base her homophobia on, and yet she's unwilling to take that next step and admit she's made a massive horrific mistake treating her youngest son like she has.

the joke is my brother and his husband now live a great life many states away and he refuses to tell anyone outside me his address / phone number / etc and honestly i can't blame him. every now and then my mom will ask for his info and i have to remind her "i can tell him you want to talk to him, but that's as far as i can take you"

She keeps all the other literal injunctions in Leviticus though too right?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
yeah I’m sure she would never wear blended fabrics or eat a shrimp cocktail

accept that your parents suck, it’s sort of liberating

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
accepting that I didn’t owe my abusive child
molesting father poo poo and that it’s totally fine to benefit from his attempts to buy his way back into my life without ever actually letting him back into my life took a load off yeah

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Drowning in oil to own the libs

quote:

Hardly a day goes by without reports of the growing oil leak in nearby Cymric oil field. So far, more than 900,000 gallons of oil and brine have oozed from a Chevron Corp. well, and filled a dry creek, creating a hazardous black lagoon.

The residents of McKittrick, population 145, understand why people are upset by the images. Also, there’s no avoiding the worry that prolonged exposure to crude oil might one day trigger health issues.

But judging from the rowdy talk over cold beers and a blaring jukebox at Mike and Annie’s Penny Bar — a watering hole for thirsty oil field hands that has over a million pennies glued to the bar, floors, walls, television and entrance — the locals see a different story playing out.

“Environmentalists have it all wrong,” argued Troy Smith, 46, an oil field worker who grew up in the area. “Compared with the catastrophic Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska and BP’s deep-sea spill in the Gulf of Mexico, our little outbreak is nothing. Yet, they’re using it as an excuse to shut down California’s oil industry and wipe us out.”

VikingofRock has issued a correction as of 18:48 on Jul 28, 2019

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Burt Sexual posted:

My county proactively voted to raise the minimum to $15/hour, the state legislature promptly passed a law prohibiting cities and counties from establishing a min wage. Party of freedom.

Iowan by chance or have other states pulled that poo poo?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

All parents should be like my mom. She went from a Bush-voting Republican to a radical leftist demanding the assassination of Trump and saying ACAB in the last few years.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

chitoryu12 posted:

All parents should be like my mom. She went from a Bush-voting Republican to a radical leftist demanding the assassination of Trump and saying ACAB in the last few years.

You might want to edit that.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

And yet you accused Jussie Smollett of committing a fake hate crime instead defaulting to the correct assumption that the CPD are lying racist garbage lol. You should be more like your mom.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Schrödinger's cops: power tripping fascist dicks when they're writing me a ticket for failure to signal, valiant protectors of Western Civilization and the rule of law when they're framing black and/or queer people for committing hate crimes against themselves

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

:lol:

"oil spills are totally fine because this one is small and is only going to destroy our hometown, instead of an entire environmental region"

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Mr Interweb posted:

:lol:

"oil spills are totally fine because this one is small and is only going to destroy our hometown, instead of an entire environmental region"

I am inclined to agree with him that in this isolated case, the oil spill seems to have had no adverse consequences. In fact, I'd argue we use more of these high-precision, limited response, surgical-strike oil spills elsewhere.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Mr Interweb posted:

isn't it that annoying sound that anime girls make?

No that's uwu

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
no thats uguu

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

No that's eeeeeeeeeh?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
No that's the Japanese language

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Eat This Glob posted:

Iowan by chance or have other states pulled that poo poo?

Nice try but tons of states do this.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Goshen County Farmers left to deal with inevitable crop losses

quote:

The collapsed irrigation tunnel is part of a system that spans 85 miles in Wyoming and an additional 45 into the Nebraska panhandle. The system feeds more than 100,000 acres of crops between the two states. More than 400 farms in Wyoming alone rely on it.

“It’s going to ruin a lot of people,” Gara said.

Infrastructure weak

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The articles doesn't say but I can't imagine how many gallons per day a 10 foot wide pipe carries

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

zegermans posted:

The articles doesn't say but I can't imagine how many gallons per day a 10 foot wide pipe carries

learn some loving hydraulics

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

well one thing i know is that a series of pipes isn't like the internet

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

duz posted:

well one thing i know is that a series of pipes isn't like the internet

:wrong:

This is a common misconception

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Freaking Crumbum posted:

yeah, that's been the case since i was in my early 20s and my youngest brother came out and my parents (predictably) treated him like poo poo. i had moved out when i was 18 and had been living on my own for several years, so when he came out and told me what they said / did to him, i had him move in with me and told my parents how badly they had hosed up, treating their own son like this. i mean, they weren't cool with me either, but since i'm cis-het i didn't have to deal with the kind of mind games they apparently started dropping on him.

for years i think i spoke to them maybe once or twice in a given year. when my wife became pregnant and i told my mom, she wanted to do some magic 180 and pretend like they could just be cool fun grandparents that would be involved in my daughter's life, and it was cathartic getting to tell her why that was never going to happen and they could gently caress right off.

:patriot:

Brother Buer
Oct 23, 2012

I never get tired of this: American Farmer: Trump 'took away all our markets'

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
also the fact that 99% of the bailout money went to the top 1% of rich land owners is extra sweet

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

also the fact that 99% of the bailout money went to the top 1% of rich land owners is extra sweet

Lol, the percentage of farm bill subsidies going to actual farmers has been shrinking forever.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
You missed the moneyshot at the end where one of the guys was like "Yeah suicides are going to skyrocket if things dont get better soon"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Telsa Cola posted:

You missed the moneyshot at the end where one of the guys was like "Yeah suicides are going to skyrocket if things dont get better soon"
[Narrator voice:] Things did not get better soon.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

seriously

also it's loving journalistic malpractice that they're not all "whoa wait since when is a licensed childcare facility paying their workers minimum wage"

a lotta the time these places hafta offer significantly reduced or free admission for the kids of their employees, because otherwise they wouldn't be able to afford it on what they pay them

having worked in hr as a temp for a childcare company i can confirm that they pay almost all of their workers minimum wage and they pay their managers much less than an entry level computer toucher gets paid

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Telsa Cola posted:

:cool:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

learn some loving hydraulics

my dude you don't even want to know how badly my petroleum system in factorio runs

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Telsa Cola posted:

yeah, local farm bureaus and the like have been including suicide hotline information in their newsletters and poo poo

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/climate-change-language-partisan-divide-cbsn-originals/

"I'm not a climate change guy, as far as climate change, global warming, or any of that stuff," Adams said. "But have I seen the weather change in, say, my 20-year farming career? Absolutely."

Drown in 3 inches of standing water left over after a rainstorm you loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Have I seen the climate change in the past 20 years? Absolutely. Do I think the climate is changing? Nah.