Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pinecone Sample posted:

Should I (F24) dump my deadbeat bf (M24)?

I just want to say shout out to all the ladies who make outlines and flow charts. Girl, you are too organized for this guy, and I didn't even read it.

Lady should realize that she has a live-in rent boy and embrace it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Anyway, grandmothers. Not even once.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (26F) boyfriend(31M) lied about matching tattoos with his ex.

So my bf has a tattoo on his back. I asked him about it and he just shrugged his shoulders and said he got it when he was in Miami. Now I find out that his ex has the exactly same tattoo on the same spot on the back. What do I do? Do I forget about it or ask him about it again?

I had a tattoo from my ex(bad decision I know) but I got it covered as soon as I had the money for it after we broke up, so he could have easily admitted that his was a matching tattoo from his ex.

I'm so pissed and hurt and confused as I feel like he's saving it in case the get back together or something.

Tl;dr he lied about it and now I'm not sure what to do.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Why did my fiance (M33) buy me (F28) the same gift he gave to all of his previous girlfriends?

Around 4 weeks into my relationship my now fiance gave me a necklace for my birthday, as he put it on for me he told me has given the same gift to all of his previous serious girlfriends. He told me my necklace was slightly smaller but I had received it a lot earlier than the other girls. I am his 3rd or 4th serious relationship & we are now engaged. We have been dating for two years now & I have always felt confused as to what the gift meant. The gift is thoughtful but also impersonal & left me feeling conflicted as to what the gift actually meant, any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

TL;DR- My boyfriend (M33) gave me (F28) the same necklace as he gave to his previous girlfriends. Insight needed.

I had to unexpectedly leave the country to go home as my dad is dying. I work as a stripper & he wont let me work here which means I have no money. I have been stripping for 2 years and paying for our rent & everything else including funding his drug & gambling addiction. Him not allowing me to work puts financial pressure on him & could result in loosing the house we currently share together. He was until today using my messenger as his own & would freely read all my messages since day 1 of being together. Him reading my messages has resulted in me not talking to certain friends.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

loosing the house

:murder:

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

The lede in that one is not buried, it resides within the crust of the Earth itself. But the actual issue/story is just plain abuse so I wouldn't recommend seeking out the thread.

But she's getting help :unsmith:

quote:

I contacted womens aid today & they really helped me gain an understanding of his controlling behaviour. Reading back on my post its so obvious but I think i've been minimising a lot of his behaviours and my experiences. I'm also going through a lot right now with my dad, I hadn't seen him in two years and he had been drinking himself to death. His liver and kidneys are failing & saying goodbye to him is the hardest thing i've ever had to do and trying to deal with my relationship at the same time is overwhelming. This is the first time i've been away from my partner which has enabled me to reflect on what has been happening. Before it was really hard to get a proper perspective as I had no one to talk to.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Why did my fiance (M33) buy me (F28) the same gift he gave to all of his previous girlfriends?

Around 4 weeks into my relationship my now fiance gave me a necklace for my birthday, as he put it on for me he told me has given the same gift to all of his previous serious girlfriends. He told me my necklace was slightly smaller but I had received it a lot earlier than the other girls. I am his 3rd or 4th serious relationship & we are now engaged. We have been dating for two years now & I have always felt confused as to what the gift meant. The gift is thoughtful but also impersonal & left me feeling conflicted as to what the gift actually meant, any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

TL;DR- My boyfriend (M33) gave me (F28) the same necklace as he gave to his previous girlfriends. Insight needed.

I had to unexpectedly leave the country to go home as my dad is dying. I work as a stripper & he wont let me work here which means I have no money. I have been stripping for 2 years and paying for our rent & everything else including funding his drug & gambling addiction. Him not allowing me to work puts financial pressure on him & could result in loosing the house we currently share together. He was until today using my messenger as his own & would freely read all my messages since day 1 of being together. Him reading my messages has resulted in me not talking to certain friends.

Wonder what this marvelous catch of a bf does in his day job.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Smirking_Serpent posted:

TIFU by sleeping with a married woman.

So, this is gonna be long and one hell of a ride. NSFW or for anyone, really. And I may not be alive much longer, because I’m probably going to be murdered.

I’m at the bar the other night, watching the Hall of Fame Game. After it’s over, I go over to charge my phone, and get one last drink before I Uber home. This girl sitting next to me, very attractive. Out of my league. Like wayyy out. I’m just scrolling through memes on my phone. And she asks me

“hey! Can I trust you to watch my things and not drug me?”

“Uhh what?”

“Can you watch my stuff while I go pee and not drug me”

to which the bartender said “oh you can trust Greg, he’s really nice”. Annnd this is where the bartender hosed up.

Girl comes back from the bathroom, sits back down and started to talk to me. Just random poo poo. Showed pictures of our dogs to each other. Talked about shows n stuff. Typical ‘meet a girl at a bar’ flirting poo poo. She asks if I’ve ever seen the show Years and Years. I say “no, but I’ve seen the band perform live”. So she goes on about how great the show is, and how I need to watch it. Asks if I have HBOGO. “Yes because I forgot to cancel my cable after GoT”. So she makes me download the APP, so I could start watching it when I get home. Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll probably check it out never. So a few minutes later, she said

“hey do you live close by?”

“Yea, like half a mile”

“we should go watch the show right now, we can curl up on your couch and watch it together. I have a bottle of whiskey in my car”

“Idk, my house is kind of a mess right now”

“That’s okay, I have pets too” (or something like that. All I was thinking was that this girl wants to bang at this point)

“I mean I guess, but I have to be at work early tomorrow”

“That’s okay, I can only stay 30-40 minutes and then I’ll have to go home” “That’s fine” heh, cuz that’s all the time I’ll need! AM I RIGHT, FELLAS??

No. Nononono, this was probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life at this point.

It’s about, 11pm at this point. I think? And mind you, I’ve only been talking this girl for maybe 20 minutes.

So we tab out, get in her car. Which is a stick shift. And I say “oh no poo poo, I like you even more now! No one drives a stick anymore! I drive one every day!” Which I’m excited about, because at this point I’m thinking to myself “hmm this girl is hot, has tattoos, likes shows I like, and imma bout to get laid”

We talked about driving a stick shift the whole time on the way to my house (this is important, because it wasn’t the first time that this subject came up). Which is just a half mile away. So was a short drive. She parks behind my car, blocking my car in.

Go inside, I try to clean up a little bit as she meets and plays with my dog. While I try to get my Chromecast set up on my living room TV. Ya know, to “watch HBOGO”.

She runs outside to her to grab the bottle of whiskey.

It’s loving Evan Williams.

And this is the first time where an “oh no” thought crosses my mind.

Kids, I’ve slept with some strange in my time. I don’t know how or why I get myself into these situations. I honestly feel that I’m a decent looking, charming, sometimes funny, nice person. Sure I troll the gently caress out of people on the interwebs, but I do genuinely care about other people. Being nice does pay off, and karma is a real thing. But in this case, I was dead wrong.

So after some talking about random poo poo. We get the show playing. I couldn’t even tell you what happened in the first few moments of that show, because she gets up grabs me by the hand, and leads me into my bedroom.

Sex.

So after, we’re just laying there. Pillow talk. Was a good night. I just got laid. She asked if she could stay the night. We’re gonna go to sleep. Everything is cool. I let her know that I have to be at work in a few hours, so I need to get some rest.

Now, up to this point in the story, it all sounds like a great night. Pulled off another one night stand. high fives all around Right?

Wrong.

I say “that was great we should do this again sometime”

“I don’t think so”

“What why?”

“I don’t think my husband would appreciate that”

I am speechless. I don’t think I’ve ever felt my heart skip that many beats ever. Millions of thoughts crossed my mind all at once. Like, how the gently caress did I not see this coming. Omg imma home wrecker. I’m probably gonna get shot of he finds out.

Me: “Ummmmmmm WHAT? Is this an open relationship? Does he know where you’re at? Like, why didn’t you tell me that?”

Her: “idk, does it matter?”

“Uh yeah, I’d be pretty pissed if I was him”

Now I’ve been cheated on before. And that feeling sucks. I’ve been in a similar situation like, 10 years ago. Where I didn’t know that I was sleeping with someone who had a bf at the time. I had found out a couple days later, and I found him on fb and let him know. He thanked me, and didn’t get mad at me at all. Cheating is the worse thing ever.

So this is where poo poo starts to hit the fan. I don’t remember the exact conversation, but it went something like this:

Her: “we’re getting separated soon”

Me: “well you’re still loving married to him”

“Yea but that’s okay”

“How is that okay?”

“He’s been..... abusive”

There’s a slight pause, then she starts crying. So this is where the sober me starts to kick in. This girl is struggling. She’s in a bad spot. And no one should ever lay a finger on a woman. And now I’m trying to empathize with this trashy Evan Williams drinking bitch. Like I legit felt bad from all the poo poo that she was telling me.

Que the panic attack.

She starts going nuts. Ripping posters off my wall, running around my house butt naked. Knocking poo poo over. Basically trashing my house.

She asks me to get her medicine out of her purse. Which I do. She takes it. And calms down. (For the most part).

Now this is like, 2 or 3 am now. I tell her that we need to go to sleep. Because I have to work in the morning. She tells me “(bartender) was right, you are a really great guy” Btw, Evan Williams isn’t that bad when you’re slightly inebriated and you just had sex with a crazy bitch.

We finally get to sleep around 4? Maybe? I wake up late, she wants round 3. And who doesn’t like morning sex. I’m still kinda drunk at this point, and could give 0 fucks. So I gave her a gently caress.

Anyways, I need to leave for work. But her car is blocking mine. I tell her that she needs to move hers, but she can’t because she didn’t know where her clothes were. And told me I couldn’t move it because “I didn’t know how to drive it”

“Uhh, this is the third time we’ve had this conversation. I drive a stick every day, I can move your car”

I move her car. I leave for work. And I just let her stay at my house. I let her stay because one, the poo poo that she told me about her husband is pretty crazy. Two, I was already running late, and gently caress it she’ll probably leave before I get home.

A couple hours into my shift, she stops responding to my texts. I get concerned, because I’m starting to sober up, and piecing all this poo poo together. I came to the conclusion that I should find the husband on fb, and message him, letting him know what happened.... BUT, I see that she had already messaged him. FROM MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT! My computer was still logged into fb when I left, and I didn’t think to log out or shut it off or anything.

I tell my boss about everything that has happened up until this point. He lets me go home. When I get home, I find her still naked in my bed. I get her friend to get her an Uber. And I leave. Oh also had the sex one more time because 🤷‍♂️.

Go back to work. Thinking everything is over. That’s the end of that. Wrong again.

I get home from work, to find her on my couch wearing one of my shirts. And only that shirt. Like vag all out and everything. This girl is afraid to go home. Which I’m worried about at this point. Because I want her to go somewhere safe. She’s refusing to reach out to any friends and what not.

Oh yea, she had me find her phone. Which had 40 something messages and 28 missed calls from her husband. And several others from other people.

She hands me $20 to order a pizza. And after we eat the pizza, she’d Uber home. Fuckin bet. I ordered the pizza, and she wanted one last round of the sex before the pizza got there.

I kid you not. I’m sitting on one end of the couch, her on the other. And she just opens her legs and says “make it quick”

This bitch has already hit and kicked me, trashed my house, and I’m just ready for her to leave.

Sex.

After, we’re just sitting there, and she starts crying again. Asking to go home. And I’m like

“I’ll get you an Uber home, but you gotta put pants on” “No”

“What do you mean ‘no’? You can’t get in an Uber with your pussy out”

“No”

So I gather up all of her belongings and clothes. And try to help her get dressed. To which she refused to allow me to do.

Most guys will agree, one of the hottest things ever... That “arch” thing that women do when you’re pulling their panties off is a loving amazing feeling.

I had the same feeling when I got her panties ON.
Pizza arrives. I go outside, sign for the pizza n stuff. Come back inside. Panties are off again. God dammit.

We never even opened the pizza box. She’s saying that she wants to go home. But is refusing to get dressed. I’m starting to panic myself. Because I don’t know how I got myself into this situation. But, am me.

She eventually hands me her phone, with the conversation that’s she having with her husband. And I read through the conversation, it’s her sending multiple texts saying “I’m so sorry babe” “idk where I’m at” “come get me”. And him saying “nope sorry” “this is on you” and “call 911”

That last one though. That’s what I did.

Before I called 911, I offered to drive her car back to the bar where we met, because I knew the husband would give her a ride back there. And not to my house. Because now I’m starting to worry about my safety. I don’t want homeboy to show up on my porch with a shotty. But then again she states that “you don’t know how to drive my car” with it being a stick and all. Even though this is 4th or 5th time this was brought up in conversation.

I told them that I have an inebriated woman in my house that is refusing to leave, even though she wants to leave. Etc. I tried to call our one mutual friend, (the bartender from the previous night) but she didn’t answer.

The ~20 minutes before the cops arrived were the most awkward 20 minutes of my life. This girl is drunk crying. Trying to get me to go for yet another round. Where at this point, my dick hurts. Also, “girl you need to get dressed, you’re gonna be going home”

Finally got her panties back on, I didn’t tell her that I had called the cops. I told her that the Uber was coming. And was trying to get her to put her pants on.

Cops show up, I go outside. Explain the situation, was kind of freaking out. But I kept my calm. I told them that I was concerned about her safety, because of all the poo poo that she told me about her husband. But they can’t force her to go anywhere she didn’t want to. She wanted to go home. Officers ask if she was presentable. I pop my head back in the door. She’s still wearing my shirt and her panties. So I’m like “I guess?”, and then I let them in.

She yells “are you loving serious? You called the cops?” “Uh yea, you didn’t wanna leave. Even though you said you did. Plus your husband said to call 911, so that’s what I did”

The officer said to her “you’re on this man’s property, and he wants you to leave”

Que crying and what not.

Cops ask me to gather all of her stuff. Which I do. Her husband calls her phone, so I accept the call, and then put it up to her face. Tell her to tell him what’s happening. And that she is getting an Uber home. Apparently her card and PayPal was getting declined for the ride. So she couldn’t do it herself. They live like 5 miles away from me, so it was only $8 or something. I live pretty close to downtown, so ordering a Lyft/Uber usually takes 2-3 minutes after calling for one. Once cops tell her that her ride is on the way, and gonna be here within 2 minutes... Girl finally decides to get dressed.

I had to help a 30 year old woman put pants on... I could see the officer’s partner struggling to keep a straight face during that ordeal. Lol.

Anyways, I hand her hat, keys, bra, shirt (she’s still wearing mine) to the officer. Made sure she had all of her belongings. We get her to walk out of my house to the Uber. But she tried to grab the bottle of Evan Williams. To where I audibly laughed. “I don’t think they’ll let you take that”

Cops didn’t let her take it. She got in the Uber and she was gone. Policeman handed me the bottle back. Where I say “usually this is the other way around, ha”

Po-po leave, I call it a night, and it’s over.

Flash forward to today. I get a message from our mutual friend (the bartender) and she’s asking if crazy girls keys are at my house. I was at work at the time. So I wasn’t able to check. But I’m 98% certain I handed those over to the cops. I look for them when I get home. Found nothing.

Oh, and this girls car is still parked across the street from my house.

So that brings us to now. I haven’t heard anything from her. Or the husband. And I’m not sure if it’s safe for me to go home. But ya. Know what? gently caress it. I’m glad I could share this story with y’all. There might be more to come, but you’ll probably have to read about it in my obituary.

The moral of the story is, drug every girl that asks you not to drug them at a bar. 😂

Jk don’t do that.

And don’t stick your dick in crazy.

TLDR: Took a girl home who I didn't know was married. She trashed my house.

Edit: I’m not gonna change “que” to “cue” because gently caress you, deal with my mistakes while I deal with mine.

Edit 2: the messages, https://imgur.com/gallery/jju2GIa
Edit 3: her car is still there. Can’t get it towed, because it’s on a public street. I’m still alive. I see a lot of you have sent me messages privately. I’ll get to them when I can.

Edit 4: FML. I sent her a text saying that she needs to come get her car. No response. Bartender texted me late last night and asked if I used a condom. Which many of you have asked.... And no. I didn't. The girl told me that she was on birth control and that she's allergic to latex. So I think I may have been baby baited.

Edit 5: I’m still not dead. Her car is still in front of my across the street neighbor’s house. I just happened to see said neighbor step outside to smoke a cigarette. So I walked across the street to tell her about the circumstances of getting that car towed, since it’s front of their house... This woman is only wearing a bra and either boy shorts or short shorts. And she’s most likely high on meth. Because when I asked her “hey do you wanna get this car that’s in front of your house towed?” She said “no, noooo hehe” I’m like “yea, I’ll talk to y’all tomorrow” just wtf.

Maybe this was STDH, but I witnessed part of a similar situation. Life is often much dumber than fiction.

A buddy was visiting from out of town, hooked up with a girl who forgot to mention she was in a relationship. I come into the story in the middle of day two. Dude called me to come over to this girl’s place to hang out, but the conversation had a very “I need a bro to save me right now” kinda vibe. I get there and my buddy is visibly relieved. I guess when they went out to dinner the night before, he had bought a ring from one of those quarter machines and mockingly proposed to her (since they had hit it off so well and had already hosed like ten times before they even got to the restaurant).

Well, apparently she thought he was serious about the tin ring proposal, and so had hosed him all night and morning, even harder and more frequently than before. The first thing I noticed when I opened the door was the goddamned bubbles. She had a battery powered bubble machine going full blast. She said it was going to be the centerpiece at the wedding party when they got married and were together forever. I make small talk and suss out more of the situation. poo poo was hosed, she was super creepy possessive, there were some knives* randomly laying around, she was holding a big pair of scissors and cutting one of those paper people chains out of magazine pages while humming happily to herself... so I tell my buddy that I need his help moving some furniture right now and yank him out of there. His back had deep claw marks all over; looked like he had been jumped by a puma. We commiserated about the situation and gained no wisdom that day as we laughed it off as a little misadventure.

Apparently he went back the next day and hosed her silly, the moron. It was his last day of leave, so what did he care? He’d be out of state for a year or more and he had just met this chick by pure chance anyway.

Only found out the aftermath many years later. She had confessed her infidelity to her boyfriend, gotten dumped, trashed some poo poo and then slit her wrists. Thankfully she didn’t die and was in psychiatric care soon after (still there as far as I know). The poor girl was manic, or going through a psychotic break or something else very bad, so I don’t blame her at all. I was just like “bitches be crazy, yo,” because I was a drunken lout at that point in my life. It’s only looking back now that I realize how hosed the whole situation was. She needed to be hospitalized immediately and I wished I had pushed things in that direction.

I think my buddy is a giant shitheel for leaning into her crazy (he certainly didn’t try to disabuse her of the marriage idea) and then dusting out of town with no worries. I’ve only talked to him a handful of times since.

* it was a sex thing. Her idea. Likely the knives she used on herself later.

:smith:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not telling my (26M) gf (20F) where the alcohol she paid for came from?

This is my alt acc and I’m on mobile. So my birthday is today, and my gf had planned a trip for us. She and I have been together for 3 years. We are going to go stay in a nice hotel and basically chill for a couple days. She does drink, and I do too, so we wanted to buy alcohol for the night. To be fair, she paid $312 for the hotel and she wanted to pay for my dinner and alcohol.

Last night, my best friend and I hung out and she got me 10 fireball nips and 2 bottles of vodka. My two favorite drinks. So I texted my gf that I’d gotten us a bottle of vodka for our trip. I never said I’d bought it specifically, I just said I got it. She insisted that she pay for it, so I asked my friend how much she paid and told my gf ($20). Then my gf Venmo’d me $20.

I told my friend what I was doing and she called me an rear end in a top hat. She’s literally mad at me for it and told me to get out. I don’t think I did anything wrong because my gf wanted to pay for it and it’s none of my friend’s business, really. AITA?

Edit: my gf and best friend know each other and get along well. No one is jealous of the other and my gf knows my best friend and I were hanging out.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Baronjutter posted:

Folks like this make me very sad because they've so normalized dysfunctional relationships and screaming arguments. I had a lady at a party once ask me where me or my wife goes to stay when an argument gets too heated. They were very confused when we told them that we do not get into screaming object-throwing fights that get so severe one of us has to crash at a friend's place for a night or two. "But don't all couples fight like that???"

My parents used to yell at each other and when I'd come out of my room and ask them to stop fighting they'd say "oh we weren't fighting we were just having a discussion."

You would think your young daughter asking you to stop fighting is enough to get you to realize poo poo isn't normal but nope.

Now as an adult I'm having to learn how to stop myself from yelling when I get heated :smith:

Those poor kids are never going to feel comfortable in a relationship that doesn't involve screaming and possibly domestic violence

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Dazerbeams posted:

What kind of deadly snake venom doesn't kill a child after several hours of exposure? I'm really curious.

The North American vipers are in the family Crotalidae which generally have a necrotic coagulopathic toxin that works locally but rarely systemically. This includes your sidewinders, rattlers, timber rattlers, cottonmouths, and copperheads. It's not like the Black Mamba or "two step" snake that is deadly within minutes.

The only other major venomous snake in North America is the coral snake which has a neurotoxin that can paralyze a grown person and there's no real anti-venom so you better hope you're within range of a hospital before your diaphragm goes.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

La Brea Carpet posted:

The North American vipers are in the family Crotalidae which generally have a necrotic coagulopathic toxin that works locally but rarely systemically. This includes your sidewinders, rattlers, timber rattlers, cottonmouths, and copperheads. It's not like the Black Mamba or "two step" snake that is deadly within minutes.

The only other major venomous snake in North America is the coral snake which has a neurotoxin that can paralyze a grown person and there's no real anti-venom so you better hope you're within range of a hospital before your diaphragm goes.

Are they in the states? You can't really confuse any of those with grass snakes, but there's vipers in Northern Europe that are relatively harmless if you're grown and not iummunocompromised and do look passably similar to grass snakes.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

Are they in the states? You can't really confuse any of those with grass snakes, but there's vipers in Northern Europe that are relatively harmless if you're grown and not iummunocompromised and do look passably similar to grass snakes.

They're all in the United States. Some grass snakes attempt to look like vipers but vipers have a very distinct head shape (triangular) when compared to grass snakes and they have pits between their eyes and "nose holes" as well as a diamond pattern on their backs. Most people not familiar with the outdoors or snakes might get them confused. However, a grass snake rarely bites (they prefer to play dead or run away) and if they do it's more of a scrape or cut without any local skin reaction.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

What kind of human that lives near both can't tell a viper from a grass snake? "Just a few differences..."

Like poo poo, lady, remembering the head shape that kills you versus the one that kinda annoys you is pretty much written into our brains and inscribed on our DNA. If you see that poo poo and let your grand-offspring poke it I'm hella surprised you're even alive.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I could punch them both easily. In fact I could probably punch one with the other!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Scathach posted:

What kind of human that lives near both can't tell a viper from a grass snake? "Just a few differences..."

Like poo poo, lady, remembering the head shape that kills you versus the one that kinda annoys you is pretty much written into our brains and inscribed on our DNA. If you see that poo poo and let your grand-offspring poke it I'm hella surprised you're even alive.

Frankly, I'm surprised she has an adult child if she's the kind of person who lives near the woods and thinks a 4-year-old is a "big boy" who should know the dangers and consequences of forest exploration

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

La Brea Carpet posted:

They're all in the United States. Some grass snakes attempt to look like vipers but vipers have a very distinct head shape (triangular) when compared to grass snakes and they have pits between their eyes and "nose holes" as well as a diamond pattern on their backs. Most people not familiar with the outdoors or snakes might get them confused. However, a grass snake rarely bites (they prefer to play dead or run away) and if they do it's more of a scrape or cut without any local skin reaction.

lol

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Please don't punch the grass snake. Like the little dude plays dead if you even look at him as if you're gonna eat him. Poor guy just wants to not be mistaken for something terrible.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It’s good she got a picture of the snake responsible, bad that she initially misidentified it. A friend of a friend was bitten by a pretty deadly snake (a many-banded krait) and may have been saved by the fact that he could show the doctors a picture of the exact snake so they knew what antivenom to give him. This story is slightly undercut by the fact that the picture was the selfie he was taking with the snake just before it bit him though.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

With the internet in your pocket, how the gently caress do people these days not just research what they're looking at before they grab it? Dude had a phone to take a selfie but didn't take two seconds to Google something? Not even to post wtf species he was holding for Instagram cred or something?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not telling my (26M) gf (20F) where the alcohol she paid for came from?
Edit: my gf and best friend know each other and get along well. No one is jealous of the other and my gf knows my best friend and I were hanging out.

Alex, I'll take "Things that are gonna bite him in the rear end real soon for $400. Oh hey, the Daily Double !"

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

La Brea Carpet posted:

I mean the poster, dude

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

I mean the poster, dude

No idea, I just assumed, but if the kid's arm was that swollen and turned purple it seems like more than a "mild reaction" from the Euro viper.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Scathach posted:

With the internet in your pocket, how the gently caress do people these days not just research what they're looking at before they grab it? Dude had a phone to take a selfie but didn't take two seconds to Google something? Not even to post wtf species he was holding for Instagram cred or something?

All very good questions.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Scathach posted:

You're totally right, but the answer was always going to be

mllaneza posted:

Alex, I'll take "Things that are gonna bite him in the rear end real soon for $400. Oh hey, the Daily Double !"

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

My (24F) partner's (24M) unwillingness to try new foods is beginning to affect our relationship.

quote:

Hi, Reddit! My partner and I have been together almost 4 years now and, while everything is honestly great, I'm exhausted by his appetite that can only be akin to a toddler's.

My partner grew up with lax parents who never made him try anything he didn't like and thus his diet has basically been restricted to pizza, mac n cheese, pasta with marinara and very restricted forms of chicken (wings and tenders, basically.) He only tried eggs for the first time last year!

I grew up in a family almost completely that. My family made me try all manners of food and I frequently ate middle eastern food via my dad's adoptive dad's side. There are very few things I'm unwillingly to try and I even try to "spice up" the food I get from packaging.

I just... I'm really tired of toddler food, guys.

When we are looking for something to eat, I have to restrict myself to only things he feels comfortable eating and, again, that basically restricts us to traditional American meals. In the time we've been together, we've never sat down and ate at a Mexican, Asian, etc restaraunt; at this point, I consider most Italian to be American food in my city. We've ordered from the same burger place the past 8 times... and he gets chicken wings. He yelled at me once for making chicken for him and seasoning it with garlic, salt and pepper. :/

Any time I try to urge him to try something, he'll get angry and tell me that I'm pressuring him. Maybe I was a bit pushy at the very beginning of our relationship but I've kind of just given up? He even makes fun of me for the one food I dislike (celery) and saying that I have no right to ask him to try new things because there's something I don't eat. I'd go out with friends instead but I have very few in the city we're residing.

I'm just miserable eating the same things constantly and you can only switch up your order at a pizza place so much. I guess this is mostly a vent but I'm interested in what anyone's advice is. The relationship is otherwise stellar and this is will not make or break us but it's something I would like advice for to remember when I'm feeling this way.

Tldr: Partner eats like a toddler, I'm exhausted at the lack of trying new things

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

La Brea Carpet posted:

No idea, I just assumed, but if the kid's arm was that swollen and turned purple it seems like more than a "mild reaction" from the Euro viper.

I don't think after several hours a 4 year old is only going to have localized swelling and discoloration from one of the American vipers though.

You'd have to be pretty stupid (I mean, this MiL clearly was, but) to mix up a grass snake with any of the aforementioned US vipers, but common adders/vipers don't have nearly as angular of a head as their bitchier American cousins. It would be a pretty easy mistake to make.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

My (24F) partner's (24M) unwillingness to try new foods is beginning to affect our relationship.

poor boyfriend, thought of cumin and died

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

I don't think after several hours a 4 year old is only going to have localized swelling and discoloration from one of the American vipers though.

You'd have to be pretty stupid (I mean, this MiL clearly was, but) to mix up a grass snake with any of the aforementioned US vipers, but common adders/vipers don't have nearly as angular of a head as their bitchier American cousins. It would be a pretty easy mistake to make.

We're both tilting at windmills here because, who knows for real so I'm not trying to argue, but I assure you that as a medical professional who has treated snakebites and administered antivenom in the US- A mild envenomation can present hours later as swelling, pain, and discoloration of the area as small as a few inches around the bite.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
[CA] I played a prank on my boss which made his computer unusable, they called IT and police saying I hacked their systems

quote:

I work in a sales environment, very much a frat house mentality. Lots of pranks and joking with each other. One of the managers has even gone so far as to put hot sauce in an employees vape.

So I used a mouse jiggler usb on the managers pc which literally only messes with the mouse and keyboard throws in an extra key when typing. He moved to another computer and I moved the usb to continue the joke.

So the manager called an IT specialist who couldn’t find any issues (because usb was gone). The next day I decided to plug the usb in to show the manager, but stepped out for two minutes to handle an issue. During that time, another coworker pulled the usb out and threw me under the bus.

Today was my last day, I had put in a months notice prior and the finance manager wigged out on me and scolded me in the lobby of the business in front of clients and coworkers. According to him, “what I did caused him to believe he was hacked by a foreign entity and it hurt his sales due to him not being able to use the computer” and told me to go home immediately so I did.

A neutral 3rd party contacted me a bit later and let me know the manager had IT come back, as well as the police department. I’ve been excommunicated and my coworkers told to not associate with me.

I haven’t been contacted by anyone from work, but am worried.

I’m wondering if there could be any ramifications?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

You hosed with a computer in finance, causing the manager to hit the panic button. Should've come clean the moment IT was called the first time. Even the broiest of bro culture companies will not tolerate loving with the money.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Every woman should be assigned a government-funded older brother at birth. His only job is to collapse the kidneys of piece of poo poo boyfriends like the one in that story.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

La Brea Carpet posted:

Nothing is worth living like that

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

tactlessbastard posted:

Anyway, grandmothers. Not even once.

Hey, some grandmas are a welcome refuge from the mother. My grandma once held a snake down with a rake while I killed it with a shovel. That said, we're Australian, so there's a very different set of priorities in play by default.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

La Brea Carpet posted:

Solution, murder the boyfriend and eat him instead. He'll be an easy takedown from the lack of nutrients and at least he'll stop bitching about the garlic like a drat vampire.

Hi there, FBI? Yeah, this is a joke post. I don't know the boyfriend nor do I condone murder or eat people. I am however an advocate of garlic. Pretty sure that's not illegal yet.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Winter Stormer posted:

Nothing is worth living like that

I've literal conversation where my coworkers and I will be chatting about our lives and such and when asked about dating and relationships saying "I could never date a picky eater" is like some shocking thing that can't understand I would hold my ground on.

I mean, I've never actually had to deal with it, and I think that would be an absolute deal breaker, but just the idea that someone who turns their nose up at a taqueria or refuses to trying a goat curry is a hard pass is weird to most people.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alphabettitouretti posted:

MIL's negligence could have seriously harmed my child and I'm not sure how to treat her now

Just a little snake bite, nothing worth mentioning

I have two kids around that age, and if this happened to them, they would have told me about ten times each within the first minute they saw me, so I'm guessing MIL told the kid to keep it a secret.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Hey, some grandmas are a welcome refuge from the mother. My grandma once held a snake down with a rake while I killed it with a shovel. That said, we're Australian, so there's a very different set of priorities in play by default.

My grandmother parked her buick on a 7 foot rattler and killed it with a tire iron

we're from florida

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

pentyne posted:

I've literal conversation where my coworkers and I will be chatting about our lives and such and when asked about dating and relationships saying "I could never date a picky eater" is like some shocking thing that can't understand I would hold my ground on.

I mean, I've never actually had to deal with it, and I think that would be an absolute deal breaker, but just the idea that someone who turns their nose up at a taqueria or refuses to trying a goat curry is a hard pass is weird to most people.

My girlfriend has a limited range of preferences from growing up in the country but she’ll try anything even though she’ll probably hate it. But she’ll always be down to try new places so I don’t mind at all, there’s usually something that isn’t spicy even at the most hole in the wall Hispanic or Asian joint and she tries just about everything.

She has a friend though who is a massive chud (found that out later) and will refuse to try literally anything besides McDonalds and Olive Garden. We took her to a stake place since In n out was apparently too exotic and she ordered a well done steak, and sent it back for being undercooked.

She also showed up once when we were going to sushi after we held our ground this chick pouted and refused to eat literally anything there. Then she unzipped her jacket to reveal she was wearing a MAGA t shirt. God what a loving embarrassing person.

Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
(33M) My wife (26F) gave her phone number to a coworker to get drinks. Now I’m pissed.
TLDR: (33) wife (26) gave her number out to a new coworker who wanted drinks with her. I found out, now I’m debating if I want to be married to this person.

Me and my wife have been together for a while but only married 4 months. I got a promotion and had to move, she came with me. She gets a job as a bank teller in a small bank and she works with 4 guys and 1 woman. Out of these 3 guys they’re are pretty old and married, well apparently the 4th guy who I guess is not old and not married has been small talking my wife. Well apparently (after pressuring her of why she exchanged phone numbers) he invited her out to have drinks, because when we were eating dinner, her mom texted her phone (her mom is going through a bad divorce) so I told my wife that her mom texted her and she asked “what did she say?” I opened her phone up and there it was. This guy is sending her messages about missing a weekend out. With all the cute emoji faces with hearts and poo poo. I’m shocked and wondering wtf is a “weekend out”, then I see my wife’s response....... Our dog passed away last Sunday and she had responded to this guy saying “Hey Christian, our dog passed away, sorry I couldn’t go out”. This is when I see red, not only has she accepted his phone number, but is clear that they had plans to go out. This is when I confronted her. I demanded why the gently caress is she giving her number out, and WHY in the world would she ever think it was okay to go get drinks with another man? And basically she kept brushing it off as a small situation, but it wasn’t small.. it’s a big gently caress up in my opinion.

But then it clicked, we have been having issues of her not trusting me. I’m in shape, and there have been a few occasions of women who have approached me but I have told my wife because she wants to know when these things happen. Well anytime I do something that doesn’t have her with me, she constantly accuses me of talking to other women, she constantly assumes women approaching me and I give them the time of day. We have gotten into a few arguments over this because she got mad at me one night because I was invited to go to our local drag strip to go race my car with my friends. I openly invited her to go with me and my friends and she said that she didn’t really wanna go, and then she gave me poo poo because she thinks there were gonna be tons of women there.. but after I found out she was planning to go drinks with this guy.. it all started to make sense. IMO, she has a guilty conscious, that her guilt is getting at her and she’s projecting her actions of being shady onto me and making it seem like I’m being the unfaithful one.

Now I’m sitting here everyday, wondering wtf she does at work while he’s around her, because if she has the audacity to exchange numbers and plan for drinks over the weekend, then I adamantly believe they are talking it up at work.

I then pondered the situation and started to do the process of divorcing. Since my home of record is a different state I asked my father to get me a petition to divorce and told my wife that I was thinking of divorcing her. That’s when she exploded in tears, and she was crying telling me she didn’t mean it anyway, but I held my dignity and told her what she did disrespected me and our marriage. After 5 mins of her trying to corner me in the living room with tears m, she called her mother and told her that I was wanting to divorce her, and her mom asked why. She told her mom that she gave her number out to a guy who had invited her out for drinks. And her mother said exactly what I said to her, “honey you’re married now, you can’t give a random guy your number even if you work with him, and the last thing you do is go have drinks with him, you’re MARRIED.” That’s when her mom asked to talk to me and I refused, I was too upset. Well her mother calmed her down and we were quiet most of the night, and I was on my phone diligently looking up my states law for divorce.

Now it’s been a a day of silence and my wife has apologized but I still feel that I do not trust her at all, and I don’t want to be married to someone who I have to constantly worry about if she’s being faithful.

Op's context:

quote:

There have been numerous situations like this before this. More or so.. exes coming up in her phone during our days as "girlfriend boyfriend" asking to hook up, and her hiding these messages from me. Later on to find out that they have been chitchatting in messages on all social media platforms. I told her straight up, she doesn't like when women, LET ALONE EXES, contact me in casual ways, but she can talk to her exes still? While they admit their feelings for her, and she can keep a full blown conversation up behind my back, then I find out and I nip it in the butt. This situation i posted, is literally the cherry on top. I've tried numerous times to get past the bullshit that has come from it, but literally every week is something new.