Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

At least we can still throw up our binge drunk Diamond White and Red Bull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
sometimes when making a post using the awful app i refresh the page five minutes later and my post is still the last in the thread, instead of ten different something awful posters complimenting my brilliant posting abilities. is something in android stopping it from loading new posts or what's going on here

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CGI Stardust posted:

I never got until just now that "two kitchens" was antisemitism. Thought it was just calling him rich. Goddamn.
That's the wonderful (terrible) thing about most of the attacks on Ed. They're plausibly deniable, oh of course I didn't mean it that way. And we know Ed himself doesn't keep kosher :cryingbaconsarnie: so why does he need two kitchens?

(Probably because if you buy an old house in a historically Jewish area that's just what you get, and the second one is tiny anyway.)

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Let's drive up homelessness to unprecedented levels while closing all forms of public convenience! Surely this will have no negative impacts!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Grey Hunter posted:

I'm struggling to see what the Lib Dem plan is here.

Same plan that the Labour right has had for years - hope that if they screech loudly enough then Corbyn will resign

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

That's the wonderful (terrible) thing about most of the attacks on Ed. They're plausibly deniable, oh of course I didn't mean it that way. And we know Ed himself doesn't keep kosher :cryingbaconsarnie: so why does he need two kitchens?

(Probably because if you buy an old house in a historically Jewish area that's just what you get, and the second one is tiny anyway.)

I remember complaining at the time and being called a paranoid racist who white knighted for (((them))) by the very people who are now assuring me the left is anti-Semitic.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Sanford posted:

Let's drive up homelessness to unprecedented levels while closing all forms of public convenience! Surely this will have no negative impacts!

It can probably be solved by hiring more police officers and increasing fines.

Sort of like how the Tories solved the rough sleeper problem.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Eschenique posted:

It can probably be solved by hiring more police officers

Think they want less human poo poo on the street though

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Guavanaut posted:

I never knew about the double kitchens.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-some-Jews-have-2-separated-kitchens

quote:

Whereas non-Jewish kitchens follow the Kitchen work triangle, Jewish kitchens typically follow the hexagonal (double-triangle) Star of David design.

Jokes aside, we keep our cutlery and heating equipment for dairy and meat separately, as per our traditions.

We also generally have some cutlery for our non-dairy-non-meat foods.

We also generally have dishes and cutlery for our Passover holiday foods.

Some of the lucky wealthier tribe members, have also a separate kitchen for Passover.

In Israel, I have a whole cupboard portion for single-use plastic dishes and cutlery (common for those with many children and who lack sleep).

In America, I would not be surprised if some also have separate cutlery for their non-kosher food as well.

The luckiest of all have some room left in their house for sleeping.

Hope this helps!

Being Jewish sounds like so much effort.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Eschenique posted:

Being Jewish sounds like so much effort

I mean it doesn't have to be, I don't think Reform Judaism goes in for all that?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How does plastic work with kosher laws given that you don't know what was in the dead animals that made it?

I ask because I know there's some bugger out there who has actually worried about that given shabbat service on lifts and the existence of eruvs.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
has anyone suggested that corbyn supporting arsenal instead of spurs is because he's antisemitic

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Lord help me I'm back on twitter my bullshit.
https://twitter.com/JimBobFreeman/status/1162325778530492416

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The free market is very poorly named imo because it's actually very expensive.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
When I worked part time at uni they offered kosher kitchens in halls to jewish students so all the students in there, 6 or so, would be able to keep kosher. Within days angry parents were ringing up saying we had lied because their kid was in with non kosher students because turns out like 90% of young jewish students only give a gently caress in front of mum and dad and then do whatever they want.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/16/london-council-saves-gay-fetish-club-from-redevelopment

:toot:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol i got instantly suspended for calling ashcroft a oval office

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

@silenced4truth

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Eschenique posted:

Being Jewish sounds like so much effort.
Stainless steel and corian have made it a lot less effort for Jews that keep kosher, before then you'd have wood surfaces that were a lot harder to clean to the required standard.

Orthodox Jews still tend to do the whole sweeping every crack with toothbrushes thing for Passover regardless of the modernity of the kitchen. But then effortful rituals (plus loopholes where applicable) is basically Orthodox [any faith].

OwlFancier posted:

How does plastic work with kosher laws given that you don't know what was in the dead animals that made it?

I ask because I know there's some bugger out there who has actually worried about that given shabbat service on lifts and the existence of eruvs.
I think it stops becoming an animal product once nature crushes it beyond recognition, like chalk. Most oil is from types of algae and bacteria too, rather than dead dinos.

I bet there's a market for guaranteed kosher plant based plastic though.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Jose posted:

That can't be sustainable for twitter. I still see people tweeting.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Religious dietary (etc) rules are some dumb poo poo and I'll continue to laugh about grown rear end adults refusing to eat cheeseburgers even though they eat both cheese and burgers because some old dude said the big powerful sky boy would get mad. I get very 'old school Bolshevik commissar' about superstitious nonsense. Yeah, I am fully aware that this is a remnant of my teenage new atheist phase.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's a billionaire ffs someone cut his head off

https://twitter.com/LordAshcroft/status/1162353356955934720?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As long as it's not being inflicted on other people I can kinda respect someone wanting to ironman their religion.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 16, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Plus doing a real deep clean on your kitchen once a year is far from the worst thing that anyone's god has called of them.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

OwlFancier posted:

As long as it's not being inflicted on other people I can kinda respect someone wanting to ironman their religion.

Oh for sure but you'd better believe I'm going to take the piss

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if I could make money with an app that gamifies religion, get you cheevos for observing effort intensive rites from various world religions. Just need a catchy name.

Jehovr, maybe.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

OwlFancier posted:

Jesus saves? not any more!

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Gorn Myson posted:

Plus that whole thing about "anti-capitalism is an anti-Semitic trope". Or just using tropes in general as an argument to inflate innocuous comments into full blown racism.

The underlying issue is that any prominent person with any kind of identifiable ethnicity or sexuality on Twitter is going to be receiving daily abuse with a volume and frequency that would seem excessive to a black traffic warden in 1960s Atlanta. Ask David Lammy or Diane Abbot how many deathrape threats they get on an average Tuesday, and how that’s the tip of a distribution that doesn’t have any clear dividing lines between the threats, hateful jokes, stereotypes, ignorance, and careless language.

Maybe some people’s reaction to that is a bit nationalistic, tactically unwise or misdirected, especially if they are not accustomed to it outside Twitter. I mean, look how white people react when someone is kinda racist towards them.

Obviously, few (but probably not none) of the people threatening say, Rachel Riley, with what happened to that Crimewatch presenter will be registered members of the Labour Party, or even meaningfully left wing.

Still, you have to remember the power dynamics. Which are that, across the whole English speaking world, there are enough racists that Twitter find it profitable to provide them with access to victims.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Can anyone help me find an old UK cursed image?

it was a pic of the letters page from I belive an IoM newspaper where the guy was calling for children to be banned from leaving the island/going on the ferry because they were annoying and why did they need to go to the mainland anyway.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Grey Hunter posted:

I'm struggling to see what the Lib Dem plan is here.

Do they really think they could win a majority in the next election?

If not, do they plan on forming another coalition with Boris "no deal" Johnson to end Brexit?

Madness

Of course they are! They will clearly go into coalition in exchange for a second referendum (with no commitment on the options or what to campaign for) or, failing that, nothing.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Already gone...

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Aramoro posted:

You write the Awful App?!? Can you make it so that embedded content doesn't completely gently caress the scroll position?

Link a page where it's happening and take a screenshot of what you're seeing and I'll give it a go! In the app thread because unless people are up for "what's the most Correct HTML element" it'll be the worst derail yet

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

baka kaba posted:

Sounds more like a performance thing, like something's messing up and dragging the app down until it falls over

I saw a few people talking about that suddenly happening but the app hadn't updated for a while (and the last update shouldn't have affected anything like that either) and I'm not seeing it either so it's hard to diagnose - maybe some embed script and maybe twitter because they're bad??

anyhow I'd check Chrome is updated (or however you update your webview on whatever phone you have) and maybe try clearing your app data to see if it fixes it :/ sorry bud, I'll see if I can see anything but it's a weird one. Also I hope you're not running that developer preview of Android because who knows if it works in that (not me)

computers

My Awful App (on android) updated yesterday.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

chestnut santabag posted:

Already gone...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

baka kaba posted:

Link a page where it's happening and take a screenshot of what you're seeing and I'll give it a go! In the app thread because unless people are up for "what's the most Correct HTML element" it'll be the worst derail yet

We can all agree at least that align center is the worst.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

CGI Stardust posted:

I never got until just now that "two kitchens" was antisemitism. Thought it was just calling him rich. Goddamn.

Wasn't there some to do about criticizing James Brokenshire for having two ovens and the twitterati decided it was antisemitic because his wife is Jewish (like who knew anyway?) and orthodox Jews might have two cookers or something?

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

We can all agree at least that align center is the worst.

The app appears to be displaying “align center” when the user has typed “marquee”
Bonus: go google search for “marquee html”

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ThomasPaine posted:

Religious dietary (etc) rules are some dumb poo poo and I'll continue to laugh about grown rear end adults refusing to eat cheeseburgers even though they eat both cheese and burgers because some old dude said the big powerful sky boy would get mad. I get very 'old school Bolshevik commissar' about superstitious nonsense. Yeah, I am fully aware that this is a remnant of my teenage new atheist phase.

"You shall not boil a kid in its mother's milk"

Logically this means theres at least one person in hell who did this, had a good meal from it, but schizo sky god got mad about it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Marquis are pretty bad too I agree but there's not as many of them there are centrists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

happyhippy posted:

"You shall not boil a kid in its mother's milk"

Logically this means theres at least one person in hell who did this, had a good meal from it, but schizo sky god got mad about it.

Clearly talking about goats