Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

happyhippy posted:

Meaning if you have less than 6 months on your passport come October, you are hosed.

My brain is struggling to get around that. Does it not just mean that in ten years time you might think you are ok but won''t be? All the way up until that you're fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Ah but Corbyn could step down and... hold a Labour leadership election that will last months? Appoint some random interim leader with no national mandate of any sort?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Apparently it's national Tell a Joke day and I've been resisting Tweeting the hashtag out with "The Lib Dems" all loving day

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Ah but Corbyn could step down and... hold a Labour leadership election that will last months? Appoint some random interim leader with no national mandate of any sort?

sort it OUT jeremg fuckin GOD

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

My Awful App (on android) updated yesterday.

Yeah it rolls out slow, should be on 3.6.8 now! 3.6.7 was a day earlier and had a css issue

But there weren't any updates for a while before those, so if people started getting weird behaviour it wasn't an internal change. I blame twitter because their embeds are so, so bad. You're lucky if you even get sound on videos now!!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

NotJustANumber99 posted:

My brain is struggling to get around that. Does it not just mean that in ten years time you might think you are ok but won''t be? All the way up until that you're fine.

Check out the UK link on the page, it explains it better.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Tesseraction posted:

Apparently it's national Tell a Joke day and I've been resisting Tweeting the hashtag out with "The Lib Dems" all loving day

I just stole this and posted it

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
https://twitter.com/MrKennethClarke/status/1162301558161383424

At least big Ken is taking it on the chin. The replies are positively foaming at the mouth

Edit: poo poo it's a parody.

StarkingBarfish fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 16, 2019

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

happyhippy posted:

Check out the UK link on the page, it explains it better.

Can't see anything that doesn't tally with what I'm saying?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

DesperateDan posted:

I just stole this and posted it

thank you for your serviss

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Or if your passport is ten years old now

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Tesseraction posted:

reminds me of that dude who was doing customs for a trip to Australia and they asked "Do you have a criminal conviction?" and when he said "Oh I didn't realise you still needed one." he got kicked out

I'd still consider this worth it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It was probably all about the lobbying even then.

Kosher and halal are Bronze Age health and safety guides. Both prohibit pork because it spoils quickly in hot climates without any immediately obvious signs, for example. Same with shellfish.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/JamesDavidRaymo/status/1162380756825649152

Could somebody take over arguing with this galaxy brained moron.

Either that or post goatse at him, I don't care anymore.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

bump_fn posted:

i cant even think doing crime is funny

People do answer yes to this question. And to the war crimes one...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If I had a lot of money I might be tempted to apply for a visa every year as warcrimey mc crimeface and just try and make the worst possible application.

Plank Sanction
Nov 3, 2016

Who invented the skip?

StarkingBarfish posted:

https://twitter.com/MrKennethClarke/status/1162301558161383424

At least big Ken is taking it on the chin. The replies are positively foaming at the mouth

Edit: poo poo it's a parody.

Yeah, I used to live in his constituency (Rushcliffe) and met him a few times. He would joke that he has nothing to do with social media, in fact he would write letters with a quill if he could get away with it. For a Tory, actually a pretty nice guy in person. Still took money from fag companies though so gently caress him.

He's also VERY doddery, can't see him anywhere near a position of power, no how much the fubpees wish it.

Edit: In his 2015 election literature he also described himself as the most successful Chancellor in living memory, which is either supremely arrogant or a snide jab at Gideon (or both).

Plank Sanction fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 16, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol totally normal

https://twitter.com/OwenPaterson/status/1161891152515256320?s=20

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Lobster God posted:

People do answer yes to this question. And to the war crimes one...

tony blair doesnt need a visa tho

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Pound_Coin posted:

Can anyone help me find an old UK cursed image?

it was a pic of the letters page from I belive an IoM newspaper where the guy was calling for children to be banned from leaving the island/going on the ferry because they were annoying and why did they need to go to the mainland anyway.

I confess I immediately thought "'Imperium of Man' newspaper? What?"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bump_fn posted:

i cant even think doing crime is funny

smh if none of your heroes have been convicted of terrorism offences :vuvu:

e: ^^^ In the grim darkness of the mid Irish Sea, there is only Manx.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Okay, this is embarrassing, I've just realised this must be a Trevor Bastard character.

https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/1162378395969302531?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Emperor of Mann does have a golden throne but it's just hammerite on the shitter.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Okay, this is embarrassing, I've just realised this must be a Trevor Bastard character.

https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/1162378395969302531?s=19

lmao

https://twitter.com/wheresmemind/status/1162379116735283202

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Lol, so I tried to deactivate my twitter, but can’t even do that because it’s suspended.

Surely this goes against some level of privacy and data retention laws...

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Libluini posted:

I'd still consider this worth it.

Yeah not gonna lie I'd be loving cheesing it on the whole plane trip home if I did that.

(they pay for your plane trip if they kick you out, right? Otherwise I guess it would be a lot less funny)

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Diet Crack posted:

Lol, so I tried to deactivate my twitter, but can’t even do that because it’s suspended.

EU GDPR laws require a company to allow you to remove all info about you from their databases.
Or you could report them and they get fined.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Diet Crack posted:

GDPR means you can send Twitter a letter asking them to provide you with all the data they have gathered on you AND the data gathered by others while on their site - depending on how it's interpreted this could mean traffic logs with IPs, etc. Sending them a lawyered up letter would have to make some engineers miserable for several days.

The fact that this hasn't been abused yet is nothing short of a miracle - I'm surprised some online group hasn't organised to send these letters en masse and completely shut down a company's IT department for months honestly.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Pochoclo posted:

GDPR means you can send Twitter a letter asking them to provide you with all the data they have gathered on you AND the data gathered by others while on their site - depending on how it's interpreted this could mean traffic logs with IPs, etc. Sending them a lawyered up letter would have to make some engineers miserable for several days.

The fact that this hasn't been abused yet is nothing short of a miracle - I'm surprised some online group hasn't organised to send these letters en masse and completely shut down a company's IT department for months honestly.

Because as soon as it gets weaponised you can good and guarantee that the people who weaponise it most successfully will be megacorporations using it to murder their competition with legal action, not to mention that shutting down their IT/customer service department doesn't stop them doign stuff, even assuming they don't completely ignore it.

It's not even mutually assured destruction...

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Pochoclo posted:

I actually work for CS and process GDPR requests.
We have an automatic server, all we do is accept or deny them based on submitted ID.
And you can only have one max at a time, so can't mass spam them on one account.
I guess you could do it with thousands of accounts at once, but it wouldn't bring everything down, just that one server.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

happyhippy posted:

I actually work for CS and process GDPR requests.
We have an automatic server, all we do is accept or deny them based on submitted ID.
And you can only have one max at a time, so can't mass spam them on one account.
I guess you could do it with thousands of accounts at once, but it wouldn't bring everything down, just that one server.
But, like, hypothetically, if you did have a couple thousand people - say if you were a small militant trade union or something - would that be an effective way of loving with the bosses?

Asking for a couple of thousand friends

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Borrovan posted:

But, like, hypothetically, if you did have a couple thousand people - say if you were a small militant trade union or something - would that be an effective way of loving with the bosses?

Asking for a friend

No, probabl not, it would mostly be a good way of loving with mid-level workers and middle managers, not with capital owners.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Borrovan posted:

Asking for a friend

They have a month to respond, so unlikely.

The ones that are likely to be hosed over by this are the sites that just blocked EU traffic on GDPR day because
a) They likely still have info on EU citizens (some sites now block me so I can't cancel email subscriptions that were set up while I was in the US)
b) You can still access them via VPNs, and the originating IP makes no difference under GDPR

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/16/im-nicky-bandini-and-im-still-a-sports-writer

Graun actually publishing something by a trans person?

e; I know she works for them and has for years but I can't say that's enough to mean I have faith in them to actually give her this chance instead of firing her over some spurious bullshit.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 16, 2019

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

What a massive coincidence that the Graun is showing such support for its remaining trans employees one single loving day after these headlines

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

ronya posted:

still, realism at this point would require recognizing that the Commons has thrice demonstrated itself capable of a majority disapproving of some course on Brexit but not in favour of any other course, so the comedy option of simply failing to form a government (and hence going to the ballot box by default, and relying on the generosity of the EU negotiators to extend even beyond the final final deadline, like the most petulant naughty schoolchild) remains a plausible one

it this

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Eschenique posted:

It can probably be solved by hiring more police officers and increasing fines.

Sort of like how the Tories solved the rough sleeper problem.

My (Labour) MP is tweeting this very day that law and order no longer exists and we need more police, with more weapons, along with harsher sentencing as a deterrent.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I have learned just this moment that my dad has, last week, made a spaghetti bolognese with mashed prawns instead of beef

:barf:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Isn't that just weird spaghetti puttanesca?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I have learned just this moment that my dad has, last week, made a spaghetti bolognese with mashed prawns instead of beef

:barf:

My thoughts and prayers for you and your family at this time.