Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

hmm all the FBPEs seem to be agreeing that actually they'd rather have Major back

how entirely unsurprising

convalescentte catte

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Isnt that a good ratio?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Isnt that a good ratio?

the embedded tweet looks to be about 500px x 200px on my laptop, which seems a reasonable ratio and size given its relatively small contents.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Isnt that a good ratio?

I was being sarky

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Julio Cruz posted:

hmm all the FBPEs seem to be agreeing that actually they'd rather have Major back

how entirely unsurprising

To be fair, I'd rather have Major back than Blair.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Ratjaculation posted:

the embedded tweet looks to be about 500px x 200px on my laptop, which seems a reasonable ratio and size given its relatively small contents.

I had not considered this aspect.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

For some reason I don’t see much ratioing on bad British tweets. Perhaps the UK is less keen on a pile-on, or at least, getting personally involved in one.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
loving :laffo: that guy follows 2343 people and has 2383 followers

follow back pro Europe indeed

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Perhaps the UK is less keen on a pile-on, or at least, getting personally involved in one.

Much to Bolton's disappointment

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I have grown to hate the buskers that play near me. Mainly because I have now had to listen to Motherfucking WONDERWALL AND HALLELUJAH being butchered for hours on end. It's always the same songs too. It's driving me loving insane and I can't wait till winter comes and they stop being able to play music.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Josef bugman posted:

I have grown to hate the buskers that play near me. Mainly because I have now had to listen to Motherfucking WONDERWALL AND HALLELUJAH being butchered for hours on end. It's always the same songs too. It's driving me loving insane and I can't wait till winter comes and they stop being able to play music.

Grumpy :sissies:

I lived in Edinburgh for ~5 years. Bagpipe buskers were the loving worst. It's kinda funny the first time you hear the theme from Star Wars played on them but after a few hours it becomes a form of torture.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Josef bugman posted:

when I lived in Exeter there was one busker who I swear only knew how to play Breakfast at Tiffany's because that's all I ever heard from him

occasionally I considered watching to see if he actually had another song or he was just going to launch back into Breakfast at Tiffany's but that would have required listening to him and gently caress that, because even by busker standards he was extremely bad at both guitar and singing

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I can put up with a lot, but people not playing music well and mumbling songs makes me want to jab an ice pick into my own eye socket.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What gets me is buskers with a backing track that makes up 90% of the song and them just doing a bassline or something.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
There is an old man in Belfast who has played Hava Nagila and two other tunes that I can't name (but know every note of now) on the fiddle all day at the same spot for about 15 years. There were videos uploaded of the old Primark building burning down last year and in some of them you could hear him fiddling away in the distance.

He does a full bow when you put money in his case without breaking stride at all. I think that's an art form in itself tbh, especially given his age

crispix fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 17, 2019

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

The angriest I’ve been st a busker was the one I heard doing a slow, mournful cover of Hey Ya!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Noxville posted:

The angriest I’ve been st a busker was the one I heard doing a slow, mournful cover of Hey Ya!

Where do you get the loving epic meme buskers? I want one.

crispix posted:

There is an old man in Belfast who has played Hava Nagila and two other tunes that I can't name (but know every note of now) on the fiddle all day at the same spot for about 15 years. There were videos uploaded of the old Primark building burning down last year and in some of them you could hear him fiddling away in the distance.

If you've got a fiddle and something is on fire it is entirely proper to use it.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the angriest I've ever been at a busker was every time I've ever heard Ed Sheeran heyo

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

DesperateDan posted:

Not for Shane it wasn't
Maybe he was killed by a sorcerer, you don't know.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Could the UK...like...not exit the EU and keep strength against Russia-China instead of doing what they want which is to weaken the west through nationalism/racism/etc.? Is that, like, an option for security-safety-strategy reasons to say "Mmm...maybe not a good idea."

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I had not considered this aspect.

:golfclap:

crispix posted:

He does a full bow when you put money in his case without breaking stride at all. I think that's an art form in itself tbh, especially given his age

Ahahaha I've passed by that old sod myself years and years ago :v:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Wearing headphones and playing my own music takes me into the prozone layer. Also gently caress the warped tracks on some of the tube lines making that horrible resonating sound.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like "Russia and China want to destroy The West and we have to fight that by not being nationalist or racist" is giving me a little aneurysm.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Gatts posted:

Could the UK...like...not exit the EU and keep strength against Russia-China instead of doing what they want which is to weaken the west through nationalism/racism/etc.? Is that, like, an option for security-safety-strategy reasons to say "Mmm...maybe not a good idea."

You'd think that but apparently the obvious security and economic benefits of staying in the EU and keeping things stable are weirdly unimportant to the right.

(It's true that many on the left would want to change things up radically in our own way but that's clearly not what's driving the great majority of Brexit sentiment)

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Josef bugman posted:

I can put up with a lot, but people not playing music well and mumbling songs makes me want to jab an ice pick into my own eye socket.

Oh so it's a good oasis cover then lmao

Noxville posted:

To be fair that song's really minor, even the chorus doesn't lift too much. Remove the funk and yeah

I bet the shake it bit was good though

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I once passed a 'busker' who literally just had a laptop with itunes and some big speakers attached, which I thought was pretty bold lol

crispix posted:

Grumpy :sissies:

I lived in Edinburgh for ~5 years. Bagpipe buskers were the loving worst. It's kinda funny the first time you hear the theme from Star Wars played on them but after a few hours it becomes a form of torture.

Whenever I get the train over to Edinburgh I'm reminded of how awful most bagpipe players are because gently caress me, they are everywhere in the old town. You only get them occasionally in Glasgow, and even then usually when they're there for a wedding or something (there seems to be one perpetually stationed outside of Oran Mor at the end of Byres Road). Don't get me wrong, they're impressive when they're played well, but even then you sort of start going mad after about 15 mins.

Gatts posted:

:thunk:

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 17, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

baka kaba posted:

Oh so it's a good oasis cover then lmao

Eeeyyyyyyyyyy! :hf:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

I'M STILL ALIVE AND NOT 49

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
It's such a shane for a parent to outlive their child.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

The teeth generally do outlive the flesh.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

crispix posted:

Omagh used to have two great buskers.

Artyg, a true legend. Once played with Deep Purple, spent his time busking full drunk outside Wellworths. There's now a plaque where he used to be, hes dead now. He was that well known.
His death was in the Irish Times too: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/busker-with-a-free-spirit-and-heart-of-gold-1.987735

And Pink Panther man. He played the flute, and only knew one tune that gave him his name. He would play for HOURS.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 17, 2019

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h3Zx4bV0RE

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Used to be a guy in Belfast round the back of the Hi Park that played the saw. Was inoffensive and fairly talented. Same place the bible thumper used to stand in full sandwich board roaring about the gays. I often wondered if they had some agreement about who was taking the spot when.

Worst busking ever though is the low loving effort panpipe posse who play 'my heart will go on' on endless loving loop. It's got to be franchised in some way because there are millions of 'em and I've seen different groups doing this in several cities.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

The teeth generally do outlive the flesh.

Shane McGowan's didn't though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So the libdems are still bad i hear.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
oh dear

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1162820692804608002?s=20
https://twitter.com/piercepenniless/status/1162760765872496641?s=20

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
As we're talking about buskers, if I see this man too many more times I'm going to go bankrupt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLAYUxhsjR4

(Unaccountably the dancing fag isn't part of his act)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ok my brain is just dribbling out of my nose at this point, that's gotta be the dumbest loving tweet in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Shane McGowan's didn't though.

He's got new ones now though, and I don't think I can change my SA name to ShaneMacGowansNewTeeth