Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

cumshitter posted:

This is something you could learn by watching Ratatouille lol

Or Bob's Burgers, even Tuca and Bertie, have the characters go to markets and wholesalers to get ingredients in bulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Or Bob's Burgers, even Tuca and Bertie, have the characters go to markets and wholesalers to get ingredients in bulk.

I feel like Bob's Burgers should be required watching for anyone who wants to open a restaurant.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

My [20] fiance's [27m] behavior while online gaming is destroying our relationship

quote:

So I've been with my fiance for 3 nearly 4 years and I've always known that he enjoys casually playing video games. I'm not really a 'gamer' myself but I haven't had a problem with it until now. A few months ago he started playing an online video game that's a battle royale type game where you have teams and compete against other players. At first he would just play it in the evening after work like any other game for an hour or two and then we'd watch TV or a movie while I did schoolwork. However, he then began to play it from the time he got home from work at around 4pm until 2 or 3 in the morning. I wasn't a huge fan of this because it's a very loud game and he would yell into the headset to communicate with other players which was very distracting as I was doing schoolwork and we live in a small flat so sleeping was difficult. He has started started acting very differently while playing this particular game, for example he screams and swears at other players on his team if they mess up in the game or if they lose. He will also argue with other players over the messaging system and say really vulgar stuff. I mentioned being upset once b/c he was saying stuff about rape, using the n-word, etc and he told me to calm down as he was "just joking" and that's what everyone does.

three-ish weeks ago I came home during a break between classes and he was home during a workday. He told me his job cut back his hours to only three days a week. Since then he has devoted all of his spare time to gaming. I am in nursing school and also work so I'm gone most of the day, we have one day a week that neither of us work or go to school. We used to go places or run errands on those days but now if I can even get him out of the house he gets antsy and has to rush home to play so he doesn't "miss anything". He also expects me to continue doing a majority of the housework (which I have always done) like cleaning, laundry, and preparing meals. I told him I can't realistically go to school, work, and clean and cook. He will call me repeatedly at work or in class begging me to stop off on the way home and get him chips or beer. I'm pretty sure he lives off of crap junkfood because none of the healthy meals I prep seem to get eaten by him. Junkfood is expensive and since he's barely working I am trying to shop cheaply so we can pay our rent and other expenses.

The final straw for me is the way he reacts when he loses in the game--he has started throwing stuff, screaming, swearing, and lashing out at me. He has broken a lamp, knocked a leg off the coffee table, and broken multiple glasses. He broke his headset and used my amazon account to order a new one. I have tried to talk to him about this and asked him to either find another way to cope or play in an area of the home with less breakable stuff in it and he told me that I don't understand how it feels to lose an important game. He accused me of being controlling and abusive towards him which was very hurtful. He also is in a group chat with the people on his team and I once saw him (i looked over his shoulder while he was chatting, which was lovely I know this) text in their group instagram chat that I was a "nag" and "always bitching at him". Even worse, a lot of the players on his team seem to be teenage boys or girls so I doubt they understand what it's like to be a in a longterm relationship. I have tried multiple times to tell him that the video game obsession is too much for me to handle, and yesterday suggested couples counseling. He has pretty much ignored me every time or promised that he'll be less aggressive on the game/limit his time. I almost dread going back to our flat bc I know he'll be gaming all night. I am aware this sounds like a very stupid problem to have, but I feel a bit like I'm living with a teenage boy.

quote:

I'm quite a bit younger than him, yeah. I actually didn't know exactly how much older he was at first as most of his friends are my age. At the time I was living in a pretty bad home situation and it was a relief to have somewhere to go that wasn't home (he was living in a flat his parents owned). When I found out he was 7 years older I was surprised but not upset. EDIT: I am aware that this makes me sound weak or like an idiot which is why I was reluctant to even say it. But I am beginning to realize that age probably does play a role in this :/

quote:

That's kind of what I feel is happening in our relationship right now as he feels that being nice to me briefly can make up for the lashing out. He'll scream at me or insult me and then later send me a text with a bunch of emojis calling me cute or sweet and asking for snacks/beer. I feel like he's literally addicted to this game but he has kind of poor impulse control in general. Like he has to have beer every night so I'll get a 6 pack and he will drink it all then panic and demand I go to the shop for more so he can have them in the fridge if he wants them. Or if I get a bag of chips I can't expect to have any as he'll eat them all in one go.

quote:

I'm not sure what his parents would do at this point. They pay half of his portion of the rent and pay for his car. They used to give him cash but unfortunately about a year and a half ago he went through a phase of buying pills (xanax) weed and booze which meant that he blew through grocery money within days of getting it. There was an incident where he crashed his car through their fence and then stole some electronics from them, anyway it was a mess and his parents blamed me even though I don't do drugs or drink heavily. His brother has always been nice and has a respected career so maybe if he steps in they'll do something. I am afraid that if I say something they will either shun me or cause him to lash out more. Sorry to ramble so much.

lots of perennial thread themes in this winner

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

double post but this is also a thread-favorite theme haver

I (M26) feel inferior to my gf (F26) in an open relationship

quote:

Me and my gf have been together for almost a year now, in an open relationship. I was the one who proposed it to be open, basically because of 2 reasons: I really believe in freedom, and can't really feel entitled to get an important piece of a person off in a relationship. To me, being attracted to other people outsode the relationship is normal amd not something that should be blamed nor blocked. Second reason, more personal, I just had sex with my ex before my current gf, i lost my virginity at 24 with her, so I feel like I should do something more, get more experience.

Now the problem: my gf is quite the opposite of me. She is very attractive and charming, and gets guys super easy, she had a ton of partners in the past.

Obviously, she also had sex with more guys while we are together, even if not so often (4 up until now) Meanwhile, of course I had jackshit. Not one.

She also told me she feels bad for doing it, because when she tells me I always feel stupid for not doing it as well.

I feel super super inferior of her because of this, and don't know how to handle it. I feel bad. I would really like to do it as well, but don't really know how to hook up with someone.

Does anyone have any sggestions on the situation??

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
...guy who is a virgin until 24 just thinks he's gonna fall dick first into some women on the first try, drat I wish I had that kind of idiotic confidence

speaking of idiotic confidence, I CANNOT get over that restaurant article, holy poo poo what a dumbass. Literally does no research whatsoever and expects success immediately. It really is telling that his business is flourishing without him running it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Yond Cassius posted:

... and then just put in "a few leisurely hours chopping veg and prepping salad dressings", instead of asking questions about running a restaurant. Or, apparently, even noticing how hard everyone around him must have been working.

His business plan was "open restaurant, massive success, pal around with customers like 3 star Michelin chef Marco Pieree White, hang out and drink at my bar like a badass"

You just know his successful restaurant buddy saw a massive opportunity to get a fully refurbished functional space for pennies once Alcohlic Hipster flamed out.

Of all the things that shocked me the most was coming from someone who bought a home didnt have the lease spaced inspected before hand. Like god forbid you wait 1 month gotta start living that dream now.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

pentyne posted:

His business plan was "open restaurant, massive success, pal around with customers like 3 star Michelin chef Marco Pieree White, hang out and drink at my bar like a badass"

You just know his successful restaurant buddy saw a massive opportunity to get a fully refurbished functional space for pennies once Alcohlic Hipster flamed out.

Of all the things that shocked me the most was coming from someone who bought a home didnt have the lease spaced inspected before hand. Like god forbid you wait 1 month gotta start living that dream now.

that article has a lot of amazing stupid tidbits in it but I think one of my favorites was this, re: his burning desire to cosplay a restauranteur:

hipster doofus posted:

I could already see the tufted banquettes, the Victorian wallpaper, the brass beer taps—and me, a rifle slung over my shoulder, a pint of cider in hand.

you idiot. you maroon. you absolute loving codpiece

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
I think it's at the point that we need a new law of physics to describe the universal behavior by which the partner who suggests an open relationship is inevitably the one to get continuously cuckolded so hard that it would take a pair of horns the size of the St. Louis arch to visualize

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Frog Act posted:

My [20] fiance's [27m] behavior while online gaming is destroying our relationship

lots of perennial thread themes in this winner

oh yeah, if not for the gaming you'd be golden, for sure

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Doc Hawkins posted:

oh yeah, if not for the gaming you'd be golden, for sure

The relationship is perfect except for these heated gamer moments!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

God this article always loving kills me with what an oblivious knob the guy is:

I mean I don't have any illusions that I'd be able to open a successful restaurant, but what kind of idiot decides to close a restaurant for a week for no loving reason??!

there's an pertty good bbq place near me that seems to be open about 1 day a month at random.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/house-park-bar-b-q-austin

They say they're open 11-2.30 on weekdays (that's it) and they have been around for 70 years so ok, that's fine, but often you show up and there's a sign on the front door saying "out of town until september" or something like that.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

there's an pertty good bbq place near me that seems to be open about 1 day a month at random.

They say they're open 11-2.30 on weekdays (that's it) and they have been around for 70 years so ok, that's fine, but often you show up and there's a sign on the front door saying "out of town until september" or something like that.

If its anything like the other famous bbq places ive been to that is a outstandingly success business model, because usually it's "we're closed because we gotta smoke the meat proper" and they generally sell out of everything before close.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

This thread made me realize that I’m like the perfect gamer boyfriend. I don’t throw tantrums or call people slurs when I lose, I pick up after myself most of the time, can pay rent/bills and I can keep my butthole clean

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

haha, there are pizza places in the bay area like this

"we take orders starting at 2pm until we run out of dough. also the pizzaiolo goes back to naples three months out of the year to continue his training."

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
"I was the one who proposed it to be open, basically because of 2 reasons: I really believe in freedom"

Uncle Sam thanks you for your patriotism, citizen.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I had a bunch of pizza in Tuscany while on vacation. While good, it didn't seem any better than pizza in the US. How much training could he possibly need?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Doc Hawkins posted:

haha, there are pizza places in the bay area like this

"we take orders starting at 2pm until we run out of dough. also the pizzaiolo goes back to naples three months out of the year to continue his training."

Californians too proud to go to NYC to learn pizza techniques, flying all the way to Naples instead. Predictable.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

bamhand posted:

I had a bunch of pizza in Tuscany while on vacation. While good, it didn't seem any better than pizza in the US. How much training could he possibly need?

Hipstery white people sometimes have a hard time grasping that some of the cool delicious exotic foods are also casual relatively simple traditional fast foods. Like everything special from far away is some sort of highly complicated French art cuisine surely! But naw though.
Kebab gets the same kind of treatment.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
To me it sounded like a joke and the "training" is the guy taking a three month vacation every year.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Italy loses every war it's ever started because Rome taught them to believe training involves drinking someone elses wine on their beach after murdering everyone nearby.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

pentyne posted:

If its anything like the other famous bbq places ive been to that is a outstandingly success business model, because usually it's "we're closed because we gotta smoke the meat proper" and they generally sell out of everything before close.
Yeah, this works in the BBQ industry because if you’re famous and good, you basically make an entire day’s worth of sales in a couple hours. It’s very common to have a sign that’s “11:00 am until we run out of meat”...and then there’s lines out the door starting precisely at 11:00 sharp.

But you have to build up to that level - you don’t get there after a one month burst of success driven by one single positive review.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Chomp8645 posted:

To me it sounded like a joke and the "training" is the guy taking a three month vacation every year.

I wouldn't at all put "pizza training journey" beyond West Coast hippies.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Frog Act posted:

double post but this is also a thread-favorite theme haver

I (M26) feel inferior to my gf (F26) in an open relationship

Like sands through the hour glass
So are the days of poly lives

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for making my husband eat vegetables

quote:

So my husband hates most vegetables. He eats three specific vegetables, prepared in specific ways. I like vegetables and until recently, I have not insisted he eat vegetables at dinner, as he eats fruit and brown rice and other healthy stuff. But, we have a kid now. Before I got pregnant, I told my husband he'd have to eat vegetables if we have a kid as I want our kid to eat them and it will be hard to get a kid to eat vegetables if his dad refuses. My husband agreed.

Now it is D-Day (or V-Day?). The kid is old enough to start noticing what we eat and don't eat. I want my husband to start eating some vegetables at dinner, when we all eat together. He doesn't have to eat onions, which he really hates and I'm fine if he mostly eats the three vegetables he likes, as long as he tries other stuff from time to time. I do not want to nag, but I want our kid to have a healthy, diverse diet and that includes vegetables.

I feel bad and like TA, as I know my husband genuinely doesn't like vegetables. But he also hasn't tried anything other than the three he likes since he was about 10. And I am fairly sure some of it is in his head: he told me he liked corn on the cob as a kid, until his mom told him canned corn was the same a fresh corn, then he stopped eating fresh corn. I want to start insisting he eat vegetables, but I don't want to be TA. Help me decide.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I [29] am getting fed up with my husband's [30] immaturity.

I (29) have been with my husband (30) for 4 years, married for 1. I honestly don't even know how to phrase the exact problem, because it's more like a continuous stream of little problems that all arise from my husband's immaturity.

I think a lot of stems from his upbringing. I love his parents dearly but they didn't teach him or his siblings a lot of basic life skills (I had to teach him basic hygiene things, money management, cooking, etc) and he was literally spoon fed everything his whole life - his parents would literally cook him dinner every night up until we moved out. The thing is, he isn't spoiled at all, and is actually very hard working - he is just very naive and immature. I try to be patient with him but I am getting fed up with how much this affects our relationship and how much of an emotional toll this is for me.

I feel like the mother or manager in the relationship. I feel like I constantly have to either do things myself, or monitor him to ensure things get done. This includes:

keeping track of plans/appointments we have, things we need to do, buy, etc - I suggested he keep a calendar or list (we tried both physical and on his phone) but neither seem to work, he ends up just relying on me to remember everything. This includes plans with his family and his own appointments.

I manage our finances. I've voiced multiple times that I'd appreciate help with this (I'm not an expert by any means) but when we sit and talk about things and I show him what I have he just kinda looks to see what I think we should do then agrees with me. He seems to want to help but doesn't actually do anything unless I give him specific tasks. I gave him a few specific things to manage (paying certain bills) and even those, I need to remind him about to make sure they get done every month.

He is continuously negligent and forgetful. He touches everything in the kitchen when handling raw chicken, forgets to wash his hands, moves my wet clothes into a pile so that instead of drying they seem like mildew, etc. I correct him when he does those things, and he says he will stop, but things don't change.

Also, his immaturity has affected our sex life. In the early stages of our relationship whenever I would bring up anything sexual it's almost like he... didn't know how to handle it..? So he would respond with childish humor. And while I'm all on board with being silly and ridiculous, the way he went about it was just... the opposite of sexy (think of the level of humor of kids giggling at the word penis in school). This resulted in us not flirting at all, not really talking about sex besides when we discuss this issue, and our sex life declining. Nowadays we have sex maybe once a month at best. We have talked about it, and I told him I'd like him to take this as his "project" to fix and he said he will make more effort. And... nothing has improved. He has expressed he would also like for things to get better, but again, if I don't do anything about it, it just doesn't get fixed.

All our arguments about these things go the same way. I bring it up. He gets defensive. I try my best to explain to him that I am upset and why, and that I just need him to listen. He eventually listens and realizes that I have a point. He becomes really apologetic and says he will stop. He seems really genuine and I believe he really does want things to change. Things are better for a short length of time, then go back to how they were. Rinse and repeat. It's almost like these things honestly don't occur to him unless I actively tell him to do something or am actively mad about it. I'm tired of feeling like his mother.

I don't think he does any of this on purpose, and has no ill intentions. This doesn't change the fact that all this stuff has me at my wits end. I just want to fix things and don't know if I need to take a new approach that I am not seeing. What do I do?

TL;DR: husband is continuously immature and irresponsible, and it is starting to make me resentful. I want to fix things. What do I do?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling the barista that my girlfriend is with me?
Basically I'm 25m and she's 23F.

She gets company credit for food and drinks as she works for like a week at a time. She cooks all her own food and uses that money to buy a coffee each morning. She always goes to the same coffee shop.

Me and my gf are very comfortable and she's bi so sometimes we will both say how hot a girl is or whatever. She always says the guy who serves her coffee is "beautiful", she confirmed that she wasn't attracted to him but that he was stunning and a very pretty man. That was fine.

Anyway, so she goes in every day and always has stories to tell about the guy behind the counter. I trust her ENTIRELY, I know she doesn't really want him and wouldn't do anything.

Anyway, I went in the other day and straight away knew who she meant as this gorgeous long haired dude took my order. I ordered her favourite drink as she was at home and I poo poo you not he said "oh is that for Emma?" And when I looked shocked he went "I just know that's her usual, no one else really orders it". I said yes, it is but by the way pal, she has a boyfriend and it's me. The guy kinda laughed and i said that I appreciate he's doing his job but to lay off her as in my eyes, I think he was flirting. He laughed again and said sure thing.

I didn't tell my gf who went to get coffee a few days later and came home raging, saying how dare I embarrass her like that. This pissed me off cause why doesn't she want him to know?! She said she already mentioned me and that the guy is gay and she knows his boyfriend. Fair, innocent mistake on my behalf but the gf never told me this beautiful man was gay.

She stormed out and still won't speak to me without making sly digs.

AITA?

Tl;Dr told the barista that my gf wasn't single and was with me as I thought they were flirting.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
pizza training is usually about learning to make things in a very traditional way, from scratch, so you can market it back in wherever you came from, and also definitely there's a lot of "gosh it's just such a shame it takes me a month of hanging out in naples, eating loads of pizza, to learn how to do it right"

the absolute basic course offered by the napoli pizza school is 9 days, for people who have never tried to make pizza before

https://www.pizzanapoletana.org/en/corsi

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my cousin's parents that a top of the line computer is not needed for Computer Science?

I am 24 and have a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering and am working on my Master's in Computer Vision, while also working at a company that makes off-road autonomous vehicles. Also relevant; I can be kind of socially oblivious.

I was at my sister's wedding when my cousin Sam who is 18 and wants to study CS, and his parents, came up to me to ask me for advice about school.

They wanted to know what kind of computer an and other supplies I'd recommend, and I said that I've been happy using my 2012 MacBook Air throughout all of college and grad school; it was tiny enough to throw in my purse or small backpack and go to class, and it was reliable as anything.

And I'd recommend always looking for a PDF or digital copy of books before spending hundreds on paper copies. PDFs can be searched through way easier, marked up without losing value, etc. I also recommend getting durable notebooks like Moleskine brand, and taking good handwritten notes. Because I still find myself referring to my notes from college at work sometimes.

Sam said something about how Mac Airs aren't powerful at all, how they're more of a fashion laptop than a practical one. Which came off as kind of rude.

His dad asked about the computer, "don't you need something more powerful for programming?" And I was like "Nah, programming is really just writing text to a file. And as for running code; normal undergrad projects aren't gonna be resource intensive enough to be a problem. Unless you're writing hella inefficient code."

Sam was like "You're still using that old mac for your Master's?" And I said yeah, I code on there and then compile and run on a separate server that's for computer vision processing.

Anyway, later that night, Sam came up to me, mad at me for having inadvertently talked his parents out of buying him the top of the line Alienware laptop he wanted. He was supposed to be getting a laptop as a "going to school" gift and he wanted that one.

So I guess when I talked about using a "lovely" laptop for school, and doing fine with it, it convinced them they didn't need to get him the Alienware laptop.

I feel kind of bad for not realizing what was going on.

AITA for the advice I gave my cousin and his parents about college?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for not thanking a Veteran for his service?

quote:

I was checking the vital signs of my patient when her fiancé says to me “how long have you been a nurse?” I responded with “four years”. He looked at me weird and I laughed and said “why do you ask”. He says, “ well I am a vet and me and her are about to be married”. I’m obviously confused about how that had anything to do with my nursing career so I say to them “oh my gosh congratulations guys! How exciting”. He looks at me and says “aren’t you supposed to say something else now?” I felt so embarrassed so of course I thanked him and left quickly. Now I’m thinking about it too much, was I the rear end in a top hat?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

DemoneeHo posted:

Yea, for thanking him at all. Shoulda just left.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

DemoneeHo posted:

"this is a good decision that will counterbalance your previous terrible one"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You're the rear end in a top hat if you do thank for vets for their service.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I (20M) went to a strip club with my girlfriend (20F) and it was a disaster

I really loving regret going there now. It was my girlfriend's idea to go. She had brought it up a few times when she was drunk, but I always brushed it off. Now last weekend she brought it up again, sober this time. She wanted to go to a strip club together with me and it had been on her mind for a long time, she said she was super curious. So yesterday we went there together, after lots of talking and making sure she was okay with it. We didn't have any rules. Anything that happens we would discuss while we were there and we would only do stuff we were both OK with. So we arrive and just chill at the bar for a bit. We watched from a distance. She then asked me if she could buy a dance. I'm cool with this, and we pick out a girl together and she gets a dance. She's enjoying it, the girl seemed to like it (obviously) and tbh I thought it was really hot. We talk for a while with her until she needs to go on stage. Now my gf says I should get a dance too. I'm hesitant, but asked her if this was okay with her and she assured me she was.

I just sit down and my gf goes looking for a girl and comes back with a pretty brunette (this is relevant). She buys me a dance and I'm sort of enjoying it, still feeling a little bit nervous with my gf around but her eyes were glued at us and she was smiling. Girl puts my hands on her body and I look at my girlfriend and she nods. When it's finished we start talking again, and the girl asks my name. I tell her and guess what, we used to know each other. She's the younger sister of an old friend of mine, like 6 years back. I had only seen her a few times at his house and we met briefly. I didn't recognize her (she used to be blonde) and it never once crossed my mind it could be her. So she's all excited and whatnot but I see my girlfriend is pissed, so shortly after we got out of there after saying goodbye. As soon as we're outside she's mad. I swear I didn't recognize her but she isn't buying it and keeps asking about our history. Wants to check my phone, because the girl was too flirty (at a strip club..) and was too comfortable around me and she already felt like something was 'off'. And she tells me we were playing an act. And when I get home I get a Facebook request from her right when my phone is on the table and this pissed her off even more. She swears me and her knew what was going on, but honestly I didn't. I can't speak for the girl ofcourse.

Any ideas on how to fix this.. We've been together for almost 2 years and we're living together. I just ended up sleeping on the couch because else we would be arguing all night. She has brought it up again today and she's still convinced I'm playing games with her and even said I was already seeing this girl. Honestly I don't know where to go from here, she refuses to believe me and is convinced she's right. Thinking of maybe sitting down with the girl and my gf so she can help me out

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I would have had no idea what he wanted me to say. I don't think I've thanked a veteran in my life. And I was married to a Marine for 2 years

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Thanking veterans is weird.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Expecting to be thanked is 100x weirder

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Imagine being thankful of what the US military does around the world. Lol

compshateme85
Jan 28, 2009

Oh you like racoons? Name three of their songs. You dope.
I'm a veteran and I can confirm that I hate when people do that to me.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm hoping the guy was actually alluding to something else in context that the OP just wasn't picking on. If he was really just fishing to be thanked for his service by everyone he comes across then he's an enormous tool. Most vets get tired of that poo poo anyway, the only ones who like it are the biggest douchebags around. Any vet can confirm this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Expecting thanks is 100% a stolen valor giveaway. Dude was probably the daddy's service record shitstain who sent poor kids overseas, if he served at all.