Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Klansman 8 0.91%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 578 65.76%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 185 21.05%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 4 0.46%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 0 0%
Julian Castro, the Twin 3 0.34%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 3 0.34%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 9 1.02%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 2 0.23%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 4 0.46%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 19 2.16%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 19 2.16%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 8 0.91%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.11%
Just like in real life, nobody voted for Hickenlooper 2 0.23%
Jeffrey Epstein, the MCC Most Hated 9 1.02%
KKKillary KKKlinton 16 1.82%
Some other idiot not in this list 9 1.02%
Total: 879 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Theres also a difference between going on Fox News to spread your own message and giving a private speech to the conservative judicial illuminati.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Essentially an insipid bootlicking stunt

That Bernie's central message is "Not me, us" is the single most validating thing about the run and literally no one else can attempt to challenge it without revealing themselves for the narcissistic ghouls they are

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ytlaya posted:

As the post quoted above yours says, instead of just making posts insinuating how ridiculous you think people are for not liking Warren, do you actually have a point here? It feels like there's a subset of Warren supporters who take comfort in the illusion that all arguments against her are ridiculous exaggerations in order to avoid having to actually confront the real reasons that they prefer her.

The kind of ironic thing about Warren as a candidate is that, in many ways, she is the candidate who many people accused Sanders of being in 2016. She doesn't really have much credibility on non-economic issues and is seriously lacking minority support despite having far higher name recognition than Sanders did during the period of the primary when his minority support was weakest. The double standard with her receiving almost zero attention on this from anyone other than some Sanders supporters is hard not to notice.

Pretty much all of the centrist complaints about Bernie are projection.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Chilichimp posted:

No but seriously, why can't people say "ya'll"?

y'all is good when you work customer service and want to avoid gendered terms. i try to use it whenever i can. it's very good.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chilichimp posted:

No but seriously, why can't people say "ya'll"?

because you call coke pop

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

hobotrashcanfires posted:

It's all pretty hosed up.

a good summation of the thread yes

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

SKULL.GIF posted:

That Bernie's central message is "Not me, us" is the single most validating thing about the run and literally no one else can attempt to challenge it without revealing themselves for the narcissistic ghouls they are

And he actually means it too.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1165372396607553536

A GOP Operative not being the biggest fattest ironicat in the land.

There's a bit in Veep where Jonah the Idiot talks about Brattleboro, New Hampshire so I suppose this is just reality balancing out.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/evanlweber/status/1165334988260118528?s=20

https://twitter.com/evanlweber/status/1165338389391953920?s=20

https://twitter.com/evanlweber/status/1165338394613862400?s=20

https://twitter.com/evanlweber/status/1165339835415977984?s=20

https://twitter.com/evanlweber/status/1165341210065567744?s=20

https://twitter.com/evanlweber/status/1165343395067224065?s=20

https://twitter.com/evanlweber/status/1165344071222587392?s=20

https://twitter.com/evanlweber/status/1165345558174695424?s=20

https://twitter.com/evanlweber/status/1165347294989832192?s=20

https://twitter.com/evanlweber/status/1165376236467572736?s=20

remember when people swore up and down that keith ellison and tom perez were practically identical politically? how it didn't matter that obama was torpedoing ellison cause perez was practically the same?

now perez is doing everything he can to make sure there is no climate focused debate, despite it being an existential threat to our existence on this loving planet, all at the behest of fossil fuel lobbyists. i really doubt keith ellison would've done this poo poo. gently caress the dnc

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Good one-stop summary of why Harris is a cop and bad:

https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1165599550813462533

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Bernie: Not me, us

Also Bernie: Vote for me

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/Zebop/status/1164423792275468288?s=19

Sometimes I genuinely can't tell if they believe the poo poo they say or if it's all an act.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

It might just be my relatively well off bubble, but climate change is by far the most discussed issue among people I talk to. It's the backdrop against which any other issue is discussed. For me personally, it is the number one issue by a mile. Whichever candidate has the most dramatic climate proposal, without being a loon in other areas, will get my vote. I'm no election engineer, but in my opinion if you're not putting climate change front and center, you're either an idiot or a death cultist.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ColdPie posted:

It might just be my relatively well off bubble,

I fear it's this.

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...

Failed Imagineer posted:

I fear it's this.

Yeah, nobody in my work environment ever talks about climate change. It's not on their radar as far as I can tell. Just jobs, immigration, trade war, guns.

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lightning Knight posted:

Yeah her, she owns! I like Nina Turner too, there’s so many good people coming up, it’s too bad we’re living in the end of the world lol

Bernie is going to create a new world, comrade.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
The DNC is garbage. It's stupid as hell that they sold the debates to corporations to begin with, but shutting down an opportunity all the candidates want is so unbelievably terrible on the face of it.

Once the field narrows I hope Bernie and Warren can convince some other candidates to say "gently caress the DNC" and do their own debate schedule with debates run by non corporate orgs and on topics.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
All the candidates say publicly that they want

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Almost as if centrist carry the same traits as conservatives.

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GlyphGryph posted:

The DNC is garbage. It's stupid as hell that they sold the debates to corporations to begin with, but shutting down an opportunity all the candidates want is so unbelievably terrible on the face of it.

Once the field narrows I hope Bernie and Warren can convince some other candidates to say "gently caress the DNC" and do their own debate schedule with debates run by non corporate orgs and on topics.

Yeah, I’m sure an almost lifelong republican like Warren and her white, upper middle-class base will totally confront the private sector’s hold over the DNC when she can’t even get behind M4A. This is willful ignorance on your part, pure and simple. She endorsed Hillary over Bernie in 2016 for a reason, you morons - she has no convictions whatsoever.

I’m not even getting into the fundamental dishonesty it takes (and white privilege) to lie about your ethnicity and suffer no consequences for it. Or how she walked right into Trump’s trap about the issue because she’s such a dumb politician.

I’m getting really loving sick and tired of seeing so many people on this site casually conflate Bernie and Warren’s ideology and positions simply because CNN and the NYT are pretending too (for obvious reasons).

Cheers.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

GlyphGryph posted:

The Biden Campaign very clearly doesn't want it, and Harris looks like she doesn't want it either. They don't want to run general campaigns on any issue at all, and anything that is in opposition to their desire to run a 2016 II: Man, Donny Bad campaign will be fought.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Warren has not, historically, gotten along well with the DNC. IMO, she also isn't going to shy away from loving them over if she sees it as putting her closer to the presidency.

So here's the real question: if an alternate debate structure is set up, and Biden is the main holdout, does she benefit more from being in stage with Biden and kowtowing to the DNC, or does she benefit more from sidelining Biden?

Considering the DNC will ally with her against Bernie no matter how much she fucks them over, Biden is the one she needs gone.

I don't think she needs to be some genuine progressive fighter for this to happen.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty much all the Bernie stans complaints about Warren are brain worms.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Condiv posted:

remember when people swore up and down that keith ellison and tom perez were practically identical politically? how it didn't matter that obama was torpedoing ellison cause perez was practically the same?

Every other Smart Boy in the DNC chair thread was calling anyone who expressed concerns about Perez's record a spoiled baby.

Now Perez is trying to destroy human civilization and kill us all for a few pennies, a small price to pay for owning my posting enemies

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

How are u posted:

... all the Bernie stans complaints ... are brain worms.

Fixed.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

All the candidates say publicly that they want

Almost as if the DNC is an enabler for politicians to say one thing and then do something else.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

GlyphGryph posted:

Warren has not, historically, gotten along well with the DNC. IMO, she also isn't going to shy away from loving them over if she sees it as putting her closer to the presidency.

So here's the real question: if an alternate debate structure is set up, and Biden is the main holdout, does she benefit more from being in stage with Biden and kowtowing to the DNC, or does she benefit more from sidelining Biden?

Considering the DNC will ally with her against Bernie no matter how much she fucks them over, Biden is the one she needs gone.

I don't think she needs to be some genuine progressive fighter for this to happen.

If all a the other candidates can set up a debate on a major issue like climate change and Biden holds out, they would be dumb as hell not to go full speed ahead. Even If they don't do well, the main story will be how Biden didn't show.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

gohmak posted:

Almost as if centrist carry the same traits as conservatives.

There should really be a name how the beliefs of the center and the right kind of loop around like a fish fin.
A fishloop, if you will.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Good one-stop summary of why Harris is a cop and bad:

https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1165599550813462533

Kamala-stans are definitely as paranoid as chuds.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How are u posted:

Pretty much all the Bernie stans complaints about Warren are brain worms.

As I've said before, even the most generous evaluation of Warren, that ignores stuff like her being a Republican until the 90s, still comes out with her looking considerably worse. I get that it's easier to just plug your ears and imagine that everyone who disagrees with you is unreasonable, but there's no avoiding the fact that, if you put the candidates' platforms side by side, she comes out looking worse.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

tylersayten posted:

Yeah, I’m sure an almost lifelong republican like Warren and her white, upper middle-class base will totally confront the private sector’s hold over the DNC when she can’t even get behind M4A. This is willful ignorance on your part, pure and simple. She endorsed Hillary over Bernie in 2016 for a reason, you morons - she has no convictions whatsoever.

I’m not even getting into the fundamental dishonesty it takes (and white privilege) to lie about your ethnicity and suffer no consequences for it. Or how she walked right into Trump’s trap about the issue because she’s such a dumb politician.

I’m getting really loving sick and tired of seeing so many people on this site casually conflate Bernie and Warren’s ideology and positions simply because CNN and the NYT are pretending too (for obvious reasons).

Cheers.

Remind us who your second choice was again?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

What's the point of a second choice in a field with one worthwhile candidate.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Remind us who your second choice was again?

who has a second choice? the primaries aren't done via ranked voting, stop pretending like they do.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Ytlaya posted:

As I've said before, even the most generous evaluation of Warren, that ignores stuff like her being a Republican until the 90s, still comes out with her looking considerably worse. I get that it's easier to just plug your ears and imagine that everyone who disagrees with you is unreasonable, but there's no avoiding the fact that, if you put the candidates' platforms side by side, she comes out looking worse.

I have a feeling that she's going to be the nom, Bernie seems to have a ceiling. It sure looks to me that Warren will win Iowa, Biden will evaporate, and that'll be that. She'll have to fight Harris in the South I guess?

Bernie is phenomenal but Warren is close enough for me.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

What's the point of a second choice in a field with one worthwhile candidate.

I'd say that you should have a second choice in case something happens to your first choice, but that would presume that you were arguing in good faith here.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everybody knows what "who is your second choice" means. Don't be willfully dense.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

How are u posted:

I have a feeling that she's going to be the nom, Bernie seems to have a ceiling. It sure looks to me that Warren will win Iowa, Biden will evaporate, and that'll be that. She'll have to fight Harris in the South I guess?

Bernie is phenomenal but Warren is close enough for me.

You don't think the candidate whose voters are almost exclusively affluent whites has a ceiling in the dem primary?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mellow Seas posted:

Everybody knows what "who is your second choice" means. Don't be willfully dense.

...it literally means "In the event that your first choice candidate drops out/dies/gets caught banging livestock/whatever, who will you then cast your vote for?"

I'm not trying to be cagey here, I swear.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This thread has a real divide between people who think "Bernie is by far the best, but Warren is pretty good" and those who think "Bernie is by far the best, but Warren is pretty good, but also I'm going to get on D&D every day and talk about what a horrible Republican she is."

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

...it literally means "In the event that your first choice candidate drops out/dies/gets caught banging livestock/whatever, who will you then cast your vote for?"

Sorry, I was actually responding to the same post you were responding to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

oh, okay, when you put it like that, my choices are (1) Bernie and (2) Bust

I would go into more detail about my voting plans in the event that Bernie is not the nominee, but that is forbidden by the local cops for wrongthink