Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

21st Cherry boy posted:

My brother apparently eats 11 completely unseasoned hard boiled egg whites for dinner every night (he feeds the 12th one of the dozen to his dog). I...think he might have an eating disorder?

Does he lift, or is he just mad about those eggs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I swear that one's come up before and the answer is clearly to ask if she is roughly 1/5 the size of a barge.

Assuming 15 eggs it's

1125 calories
75 grams of fat
2600 mg (930% recommended) cholesterol
130 g protein

Also, what other foods does any human eat where they have so much difficulty keeping track of it they leave trails of debris? I don't think people who always eat burgers are just leaving wrappers strewn across their homes.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

pentyne posted:

Also, what other foods does any human eat where they have so much difficulty keeping track of it they leave trails of debris? I don't think people who always eat burgers are just leaving wrappers strewn across their homes.

that seems like an optimistic assumption

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

21st Cherry boy posted:

My brother apparently eats 11 completely unseasoned hard boiled egg whites for dinner every night (he feeds the 12th one of the dozen to his dog). I...think he might have an eating disorder?

sounds like my cousin, he got weird food obsessions before he switched to cannibalism :chanpop: now he’s just medicated to the gills

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Xik posted:

My [29M] girlfriend [28F] started using an Adult Pacifier and generally regressing + becoming more childlike. Help?

aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
[M21] My [F21] GF is on a business trip with her male Co-worker and it's making me insecure

quote:

Hi, so my gf has been out of town for more than 2 weeks now on a business trip with her male Co-worker, and it's all fine but there are just some things that makes me uncomfortable and I was hoping to come here for advices on how to cope with them.

So in this business trip they have days off where they could go to the beach, white water rafting, etc. And on the beach my gf asked the co worker to take pictures of her in her cheeky 1 piece, and she always likes taking pictures but the thing that makes me uncomfortable is that there are alot of pics, and some of them are borderline provocative, like showing her rear end, her body position etc. I'm fine with the pictures but I don't like that the co worker shot it, I also don't know this co worker and have only seen pictures of him.

Am I too much? We talked about it and her argument is that she's not doing anything wrong because she's just asking to take pictures, and I agree with that but it just feels so weird.

I know that it really isn't a big deal which is why I just wanted to ask if you guys had any advice, or any perspective on the matter, and maybe you guys have been in this situation before and how did you deal with it?

FYI my GF wants to be a model and she's in an agency which is why she likes taking alot of pictures, I'm more than okay with professional photographers but yea, not cool with some co worker I don't know

Odds that this is a work trip?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

HIJK posted:

sounds like my cousin, he got weird food obsessions before he switched to cannibalism :chanpop: now he’s just medicated to the gills

Tell us more?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

[M21] My [F21] GF is on a business trip with her male Co-worker and it's making me insecure

lol 0% chance.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

HIJK posted:

Have you told this story in this thread before? Or does it end too badly to be threadsafe?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Pirate Radar posted:

Have you told this story in this thread before? Or does it end too badly to be threadsafe?

I have not told the story before but it has a relatively upbeat ending, no one got hurt or anything. If this is out of line then I can take a probie and delete the text.

So my cousin enlisted in the Navy out of high school but he was busted for underage drinking and they gave him a regular discharge for it. To me that seemed like BS as I’m 100% sure that there’s lots of under-21 drinking the US armed forces but I don’t know a whole lot about that culture.

Then he went back home and basically has been a total layabout despite the fact that he has two parents who love him and have been giving him free room and board for years. Being forced out of the Navy really broke him. His younger sister has gone on to make a successful career. He’s spending his days tinkering with his car, browsing “redpill” forums etc and subscribing to Alex Jones conspiracy theories. Despite the fact that he has accrued plenty of money and is being babied constantly by his parents he is convinced that he’s the most oppressed male on earth.

The problem is that he has some untreated mental illness. It’s manifested as some weird food obsession with an odd ED attached. He’s subscribed to a lot of “woo” bullshit like thinking that red meat gives you cancerous growths on the back of his hands and starving himself for several days at a time. He’s a tall guy too so he’s been a skeleton for years. He got obsessed with various unorganized diets. None of them are reconizable, its like he sticks Atkins and South Beach and Keto and Veganism in a blender.

Eventually he made the jump to cannibalism and started yammering about how he wants to eat a person because “a person is the healthiest thing you can eat, it’s just like when you starve yourself and you lose weight because your body is raiding your fat cells for energy! Losing weight is self-cannibalism.” Apparently he threatened my aunt one morning a few months back and she called the police on him and got a court order to make him a ward of the state. He then spent like 6 weeks in a psych ward where he apparently threatened to eat a nurse and wanted to sue a doctor for breaking the Geneva Convention because the doctor wanted him to eat daily vitamins to make up for his nutritional deficiencies.

He was released a little while ago, he’s still a ward of the state and apparently he’s doing better though he’s now approximating a zombie.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HIJK posted:

So my cousin enlisted in the Navy out of high school but he was busted for underage drinking and they gave him a regular discharge for it. To me that seemed like BS as I’m 100% sure that there’s lots of under-21 drinking the US armed forces but I don’t know a whole lot about that culture.

Yeah that part is BS.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

pentyne posted:

2600 mg (930% recommended) cholesterol

How long would a diet like this take to turn your blood into unmovable sludge?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Gluten Freeman posted:

My (27m) girlfriend's (26f) obsession with eggs is damaging our relationship

quote:

The rest ends up in her carpet, bedsheets, car, bathroom etc.

Who peels and eats an egg in bed, or is such a slob they track the shell debris into their bedsheets? Is she related to Big Time Tommie?!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

Who peels and eats an egg in bed, or is such a slob they track the shell debris into their bedsheets? Is she related to Big Time Tommie?!

Actually I found a pic of the girlfriend in question:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pinecone Sample posted:

well she sent me a bunch of pictures of her getting full-on penetrated by her male co-worker but she said that they're just modeling shots, am i being too insecure?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

MasBrillante posted:

vaginas are disgusting hallways that everyone gangbangs

I just wanted to preserve this because it got a laugh out of me.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Today In totally legit story land...

Crazy lady [F29] is obsessed with my [F26] bf [M26]

quote:

Crazy lady [F29] doesn't seem to get it when told my boyfriend [M26] wants nothing to do with her. He's blocked her and she continues to send him messages, letters everyday and leaves stuff for him at his apartment asking for "closure".
For reference, they had sex a couple of times for two weeks. How can a lady be so obsessed with a man who clearly doesn't want her?
I would think a rational woman would think, "OK, guy's not into me". But the more he rejects her, it seems the more she seems adamant that she wants him.
I spoke to a military psychologist and he told me that the crazy lady has a borderline personality and actually obsessed with wanting to be like me, and wanting what I have, and not necessarily about my bf. She wants to be seen as better than I am, prettier, smarter, more worthy of a man who gives commitment. The psychologist told me she is mentally unstable but at this time, not dangerous.
Just wondering how to deal with an unstable woman [f29] who is obsessed with my [m26] boyfriend [m26]?
TLDR; Mentally unstable woman [f29] is obsessed with my boyfriend [m26] Continues to stalk him and send him messages, leaves things for him at his apartment, keeps making new accounts to follow him across all social media, generally will not leave him alone even after he blocked her and keeps telling people she wants to be friends with him. What to do?

quote:

sanguinaire12
Military? Isn't a military psychologist going to be, well, dealing with military matters? Law enforcement surely has its own branches/divisions which deal with these things, with criminal matters?

MiddleBalance (OP)
They can profile anyone from your social media and reddit history alone. Military psychologist said stalker lady wants to be like me, has dreams about me, and is actively jealous of me and hence that is why she is obsessed with my bf.

Bruja27
They won't profile anyone because a random person from the street asked them.

quote:

Chemical_Nail
Listen, we could go back and forth on this all day. However, the end result is the same. No psychologist is going to diagnose someone that isn't a patient nor will they do it without meeting and assessing the patient nor would they discuss any of that information with a third party. You are trying to explain away your boyfriend's inability to set good boundaries and your inability to laugh this off by using the borrowed authority of a 'psychologist'.

So lets be blunt. You think she has a borderline personality and is obsessed. You think she is mentally unstable. While I think you are full of nonsense.

MiddleBalance
Maybe a regular psychologist. But he is a military psychologist who profiles dangerous criminals. They can profile anyone without having to meet them.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I (f/25) can’t deal with autistic boyfriend (m/30) any longer and I feel terrible about it

quote:

Hi everyone. I’m probably going to sound like an rear end in a top hat in this post but it’s not my intention, nor do I mean to offend/upset anyone.

Me and my boyfriend have been together 3 years. He’s a good guy. He’s caring and his heart is in the right place. He has autism which is moderate I’d guess. He can care for himself fine but he’s very child-like and doesn’t understand “social norms” or boundaries. I knew he had autism before I dated him and that was fine. But 3 years in and I’m starting to get frustrated and honestly, depressed. He gets tics often (stims ?) where he’ll clap his hands and make a sound and this is really distracting when I’m trying to study so I’ll go into a different room and explain to him why. He has issues understanding things like this and will get upset and this is where the boundaries issue comes into it, because I just can’t seem to get any time away from him. He constantly wants to be right beside me. I can’t use the bathroom without him standing outside the door. He wants to hold my hand or have his arm around me pretty much 24-7. And I love his affection. But there’s times and days where I need some space and he doesn’t understand “please give me some space”. Same with sex. He doesn’t understand days that I don’t want to have sex and he’ll push for it and push and push and grope me when I’ve told him “no” because he just doesn’t understand personal space and boundaries. I fell down the stairs last month and broke my wrist and he saw it happen and spent so long in a fit of hysterically laughing and clapping his hands while I was clearly in pain and not ok and didn’t ask me if I was alright or help me up. He also very rarely asks if I’m ok and how my day was. And I know all that isn’t his fault. He’s not trying to be rude, he’s just lacking any social skills and norms. But I’m tired. I’m tired of feeling claustrophobic from the lack of space and on the other hand, feeling like I’m not cared about because he never asks how I am or takes any concern in me or my life. I’ve spoke to him about it but it’s hard to get him to understand. Things might improve for a while and then it’s back to the same again. I feel like such a terrible person for wanting to break up with this guy and I truly do care for him. But I’m literally going insane. I feel like I’m heading for a breakdown some days. What can I do, guys? Should I leave?

TL:DR Autistic boyfriend can’t help his behaviour but it’s pushing me to breaking point and I can’t cope anymore, but feel so guilty for wanting to leave and don’t know if I should?

At no point in this story does the OP describe a conversation between the two of them, or even an example of her boyfriend speaking. I can only conclude he communicates exclusively through claps, laughs, and gropes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Today In totally legit story land...

Crazy lady [F29] is obsessed with my [F26] bf [M26]

I would not watch this movie.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Bramble posted:

I (f/25) can’t deal with autistic boyfriend (m/30) any longer and I feel terrible about it

At no point in this story does the OP describe a conversation between the two of them, or even an example of her boyfriend speaking. I can only conclude he communicates exclusively through claps, laughs, and gropes.

Nothing she describes is moderate....

Like wtf.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Losing Weight is Self-Cannibalism is the title of my next self-help book

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The Bramble posted:

You mean you're not supposed to?!

E:

My(22/M) gf(26/M) has birthday today, but everything went to poo poo.

quote:

We're living long distance right now, i planned her a birthday cake at night over video call and surprises.

She kinda knew what was gonna happen tonight but accidentally fell asleep at 11:40, and in the early morning she kept texting that she was awake till the time but didn't know when she crashed, according to her, she didn't know when she fell asleep(before 12).

I kept calling her over and over everywhere, her phone was silent ofc just like any other day, but i wonder how can she sleep in this situation when she knew the night is gonna be fun for both of us.

I didn't have money at first, but i managed however possible and traveled 10Kms from home to order cake in the morning and had to travel back in the evening time to get it, as i live in my parents house so i thought i couldn't have fun, so i went to my best friends house and she didn't have any problem with that, we both waited and called her over and over for hours at night, but she didn't even wake up, not just for a moment.

That was so embarrassing and i was very heartbroken from the inside, i did something that I'm not supposed to be doing (that's just me, idk this is the first time) i tried something different which people can't think that i would do such thing, but that was all waste and poo poo, felt like throwing away the cake.

How can she sleep man, i was so surprised when she texted me in the morning, although i kinda figured out at night that she fell asleep, but couldn't digest the fact. She slept in the evening time as well, we usually sleep at the same time at night around 3 o'clock.

I did alot for her, I'm not sure if she understands, I'm so frustrated and broke, this is just disgusting and painful for me.

TL;DR: i did everything for the sake of her, I'm not sure if my gf understands that, this felt really embarrassing and frustrating, tell me redditors, what should i do? I really don't wanna talk to her!

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Aug 26, 2019

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

teen witch posted:

Actually I found a pic of the girlfriend in question:

I think the only thing we know for sure is that his GF is not Smashmouth.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Me [33M] with my wife [25F] of 3 years, she spends too much money.

quote:

I've always been very financially responsible. Hell, my MBA concentration was in quant finance. My wife... less so. We talked about finances before marriage and we agreed I would handle our finances. That worked great for the first few years. Now... not so much.

All she does is spend spend spend spend. For example, today she spent $250 on school supplies without asking me for permission. I make enough that $200 here and there won't ruin us, but I'm not a millionaire, and it does impact our lifestyle.

Whenever I bring it up, she gets defensive and claims I spend more than her anyway. Which is true, and there's reason for it, and that's something we discussed and agreed to long ago. For example, I spend much much more on clothing than she does, because it benefits me to look professional for my job (I'm in business development for a fortune 500 - generally a "suit and tie" sort of gig, and I get most of my suits from Brooks Brothers which are about $1500 each.) Or I drive an S-Class because I often have a customer-facing role, whereas she drives a Honda because she's a teacher and it doesn't matter what she drives.

How do you deal with this? For reference I make $350-400K and she makes $33K.

tl;dr: Wife spends to much. How to deal with it?

A teacher?! Needing to spend money on school supplies for her class?!

The nerve of that woman! :argh:

Top comment, yowza

quote:

Edit: curious that your profile says you’re active in /r/sugarlifestyleforum but you have no posts in it, which means I assume you deleted part of your history. Are you willing to pay for someone else’s finances but not your wife’s? Lol

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Aug 26, 2019

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

goethe.cx posted:

that guy wrote a lot of words just to avoid saying "i hosed my son's girlfriend"

"We always had this sexual tension, this sixteen year old girl and I(45M)Don't worry guys, I didn't act on it 'til she was 19."- gross guy.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for asking my girlfriend to cover up her body hair (pubes) at a public pool?
Seems like it'd be more embarrassing to get to the swanky pool place and then be told to cover up by the bouncer or whatever.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pinecone Sample posted:

I wrote a letter to Jason explaining everything that happened, knowing that he'd be grateful.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

LadyPictureShow posted:

Me [33M] with my wife [25F] of 3 years, she spends too much money.

A teacher?! Needing to spend money on school supplies for her class?!

The nerve of that woman! :argh:

Top comment, yowza

Oh hey look at that, someone in biz/fin is a controlling scumbag, who'da thunk it

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Listen hun, I need, NEED, a top of the line, current year, LEASED BMWcedes because I'm in a client-facing role. Please keep your poormobile over there with the other underpaid public sector servants.

Looking forward to the divorce where he'll spend years botching about how she just takes his money

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

One of those feel good whiplash stories that start with a Bridezilla and ends...

AITA for getting upset with SIL and BIL

quote:

I think I might at least partially be an rear end in a top hat in this situation so I'm opening it up for discussion.

Thanksgiving last year my now-husband and I announced our engagement and our intention for a June wedding. A few weeks later my BIL and SIL announced the pregnancy of their first child. My SIL is still very young and she grew up very spoiled. She's still very self-centered but since her pregnancy she has started maturing. Despite our personality differences she and I have grown sort of close. I was genuinely excited about the baby.

My mom wanted me to have a wedding shower so I picked late May. I sent out invites for May 19th. About two weeks before my shower my SIL sent out invites for her baby shower-for May 19th. My husband's relatives who I had invited and who had RSVPed my shower skipped her shower for her's. SIL showed up at my shower in the last hour wearing a white dress, a tiara, and a pink satin sash over her chest.

Husband and I picked June 8th for the wedding. We had everything set up, everything paid for, a church and a minister, reception hall. It was all set and ready to go. About a week before my wedding SIL announces that she scheduled her c-section for-June 8th. She's not ill nor is the baby at risk, but SIL has a placenta condition that makes vaginal birth dangerous. My MIL and FIL told us that if they had to choose between the first grandchild and our wedding they'd choose the baby. Then his grandparents, his three aunts and two uncles and several cousins all said they wanted to be at the hospital for the baby. This family is incredibly close-knit and babies are a big effing deal for them. Then a bunch of their family friends got wind that these relatives weren't attending and backed out as well.

One afternoon right before the wedding SIL came over and asked if I was upset. I sort of went off on her. I didn't yell or use physical violence but I did cuss. Basically, this is what I said, "yeah, I'm upset. I'm loving mad. You've been an rear end in a top hat to me lately and I don't know why. You stole the day of my wedding shower and now you're stealing my wedding day. One day, one day out of the mother-loving year I want to be the one who's in the spot-light and now I can't. And it loving hurts. I've put so much work into this goddamned wedding. (Husband) is upset and doesn't want to have a wedding anymore, just the court house. You've stolen my day and the excitement. Yeah, I guess you could say I'm loving upset. Get the gently caress out of my house. Good luck with the baby."

SIL safely delivered a baby girl and both are doing well. My husband was still hurting and didn't meet the baby until she was three weeks old. I have yet to meet the baby. My BIL text me recently and called me a "loving dick" and told me to suck it up and come meet the baby. I'm not mad anymore but I am hurt. I don't blame the baby, I just don't want to see BIL/SIL.

AITA for going off on her and refusing to go meet my new niece?

ETA INFO: Wedding was June 8, SIL due date was June 14. BIL said the doc wanted to do the surgery on June 12 but SIL insisted on the 8th. It wasn't an emergency c-section, she had no complications due to the condition and had known it would be a c-section since month 5. I had already informed everyone of my due date before that point. Save the Dates had been sent out before she scheduled her surgery.

ETA INFO: Regarding her shower date and mine; I asked everyone close to me if my dates conflicted their schedules. SIL said the dates both worked for her. Up until she actually sent out her invites she was telling everyone she was throwing her shower the first weekend in June.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hughlander posted:

One of those feel good whiplash stories that start with a Bridezilla
I don't really see a bridezilla there

Judgey about the sister in law, sure.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

After the wedding shower, I would have been leery of scheduling the wedding anywhere near the SIL's due date. Fool me once, yadda yadda.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dazerbeams posted:

After the wedding shower, I would have been leery of scheduling the wedding anywhere near the SIL's due date. Fool me once, yadda yadda.
Wait what? You know weddings are planned months in advance right? Like she didn't just book the hall and buffet the hour after the shower date.

Hell:

quote:

Thanksgiving last year my now-husband and I announced our engagement and our intention for a June wedding. A few weeks later my BIL and SIL announced the pregnancy 

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

Dazerbeams posted:

I would have leaked an incorrect wedding date to her.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Eh, looks like I got mixed up with all the dates and availability checking.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

21st Cherry boy posted:

What does he do with the good part?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

FilthyImp posted:

I don't really see a bridezilla there

Judgey about the sister in law, sure.

LOL what?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Yeah for once i agree with the bride, as loathe as I am to do so because usually bridezillas are horrible. In this case her SIL just can't let anyone else have any attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

therobit posted:

LOL what?
She starts off by saying the SiL grew up spoiled and is immature. Which is like, eh

But other than that, I'm not seeing any especially demanding behavior concerning the wedding.