Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Firos posted:

gently caress if UKMT goons are playing classic wow I might have to get involved. poo poo.

I did that in 2008, and have no desire to repeat the experience because it loving sucked

e: the 233 runs from Denby Dale to Huddersfield in THE NORTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Firos posted:

gently caress if UKMT goons are playing classic wow I might have to get involved. poo poo.

Goon Squad is on Zandalar Tribe, get involved :D

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Rarity posted:

Hi everyone I've been lost in a WoW Classic void for 48 hours. How hosed are we?

Pretty much.

In some good news, however, a large quotant of FBPE are now questioning the purpose of the Queen and suggesting regicide. At least, the ones who aren't suggesting that Boris worked his sinister Brexit magics and forced her, against her will, to prorogue parliament (that's not a joke BTW). Swings and roundabouts.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I did that in 2008, and have no desire to repeat the experience because it loving sucked

e: the 233 runs from Denby Dale to Huddersfield in THE NORTH

I played on a classic pserver with US goons back in 2013/14 and it was honestly some of the most fun I've had playing the dumb game.

Rarity posted:

Goon Squad is on Zandalar Tribe, get involved :D

Alliance or horde.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rarity posted:

Hi everyone I've been lost in a WoW Classic void for 48 hours. How hosed are we?
Same queues, but for food and medicine.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

e; ^ lol

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I was going to type out a big effort post in response to jobchat as well as touching on Diktator Bojo, but I found out this afternoon that it looks like I’m going to be a father.

We’re going to try and get confirmation due to the minute chance of a false positive before we tell family and friends.

I didn’t realise it was possible to be so thrilled and at the same time completely terrified.

This is good news and I support it. And yeah everyone's loving terrified about having a kid, it's good to be, shows you actually care and also have a realistic sense of your qualifications (ie none) but just do your best to be a decent person and you'll probably raise a decent person.

And yeah hellworld but on the other hand your sprog could be leading us to Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism so swings and roundabouts!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Firos posted:

I played on a classic pserver with US goons back in 2013/14 and it was honestly some of the most fun I've had playing the dumb game.

Alliance or horde.

Probably Horde because they're losers.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

Miftan posted:

Probably Horde because they're losers.

Nope alliance because they're losers.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Guavanaut posted:

Revolutionary Corbynist Tendency

The only acceptable Revolutionary Corbynist Tendency is a love of water wheels.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Firos posted:

Oh I did that a few years ago, and got relentlessly murdered by turtles in the Hinterlands because Mages loving suck without the right gear. For how relentlessly streamlined and efficient the game is now (and too much for my taste), I still wouldn't trade those QoL improvements for how much of a dick punch - wandering dust devils in Westfall! Defias fire mages that could one shot a clothie - some of the game could be

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Ms Adequate posted:

e; ^ lol

This is good news and I support it. And yeah everyone's loving terrified about having a kid, it's good to be, shows you actually care and also have a realistic sense of your qualifications (ie none) but just do your best to be a decent person and you'll probably raise a decent person.

And yeah hellworld but on the other hand your sprog could be leading us to Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism so swings and roundabouts!

I mean they could also be the next Nigel Farage so YMMV.

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
I have a mighty need to play some wow classic, but my mac died and I am too poor to fix it or get a new, better, not-a-loving-mac PC.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I never played warcraft but I had fun annoying the poo poo out of warriors as a ranger in guild wars PVP. Why yes I do have a longbow, sitting on top of a hill, and I did pick nearly all pinning skills so you can just stand there and do nothing all game :v:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Just be a weeb and play FFXIV instead. It's like WoW, but more Final Fantasy (and also actually good).

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The only reason I'd ever want to play Classic WoW is to do Naxx as intended, with 8 warrior tanks in full t3 gear

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Thanks everyone, I’m really hoping it’s not a false positive.

Just have a million things racing through my head at the moment. The timing isn’t ideal admittedly, as we wanted to have a mortgage and our own home first, but since when do things ever go to plan? Still got 9 months to sort something out I guess, I just don’t want to be at the mercy of a landlord if I can help it.

Then I think given Hell world, climate change and late stage capitalism and wonder if bringing a new life into such a world is a good idea, but this is a new human, a new life that we made together who will go on to have hopes and dreams and aaaaaaaaaaaaa

I’m going to have some whisky.

I just found out that one of the worst people I know is unexpectedly pregnant. So you’re likely to be in the upper quartile of parents at least.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I didn’t realise it was possible to be so thrilled and at the same time completely terrified.

Ha, that takes me back. My daughter's four and a half now and I still don't know what the gently caress I'm doing but it's pretty cool. When we found out we'd only been together a couple of months and lived in different towns and I was earning poo poo in a part time job. You'll do fine.

e: Oh and congratulations, raise a good anti-capitalist soldier.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Darth Walrus posted:

Just be a weeb and play FFXIV instead. It's like WoW, but more Final Fantasy (and also actually good).

I wanted to but the hellsite that is SE's online service is absolutely impossible to navigate when you don't know your password and if you want to change it you not only have to answer a security question you have to loving remember which security question you chose and lmao wild

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Johnny Mercer posted:

and enshrine AFC into law.

Ok I give up. What is AFC? I assume it's not Arsenal Football Club.

Meanwhile, in petition news: over 1,061,000 now.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The petition website is a really smart and effective way of squashing mass protest. It does gently caress all and makes people feel vaguely empowered by simulating acts of dissent.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Meanwhile, in petition news: over 1,061,000 now.

Beeb's top story is currently a huge headline just saying everyone's mad as hell, too, lol

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Armed Forces Covenant I'd guess

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
most of the streamers I follow have been playing WoW classic and it's kind of making me want to get into it again (though really I didn't play much more than a few months and that was years and years ago) but like gently caress am I paying £15 a month for a 20-year-old game

e: on the other hand the streamer I'm currently watching has spent the last hour doing laps of a cave grinding mobs with lovely drop rates and god drat do I not miss that poo poo at all

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 29, 2019

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Ms Adequate posted:

Beeb's top story is currently a huge headline just saying everyone's mad as hell, too, lol

But the article picture only shows angry minorities, so the gammons will still be pleased with themselves.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1166740562814341120?s=21

Good thread on how spectacularly Johnson wants to gently caress Parliament.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I’d probably be willing to try an MMO if they weren’t all hideously, unspeakably janky. Like why can’t a single one of them use a modern engine that looks good and not have a million info boxes thrown all over the screen?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

WoW Classic is everything I don't want in a video game, seeing people playing it is like staring into a world I have no understanding of.

Quite liked FFXIV for a little while though, it's humongous but at least respects the fact that you don't have endless free time by immediately funneling you into the main story and requiring no grinding to stay at the right level for each MSQ.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
I can't believe Blizzard has gotten away with charging people money for a game they probably bought 15 years ago (and was made free like 6 years ago) without all the improvements and expansions and poo poo like what the gently caress gamers what is wrong with you?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nostalgia is a powerful thing, as we are observing ITT.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Oh god we’re going to die

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

lol you’re gonna have to storm no. 10 and drag him up by the heels if you wanna get rid of him

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Darth Walrus posted:

Novara were talking about this, and how one of the explored ideas is to create local bank holidays in unpopulated parts of the country like magic time holes

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Nostalgia is a powerful thing, as we are observing ITT.

I remember vanilla wow perfectly clear which is why I'm not going back.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

Not sure if that puts you ahead or behind the people who remember something that never happened to them, or possibly anyone else, and want to go back to it :v:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

lol you’re gonna have to storm no. 10 and drag him up by the heels if you wanna get rid of him

I have hope we aren't as servile as we seem

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Gonna be great in the season finale of this show when Liz dies and Charles takes over.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/1166724055019470848

me reading this thread

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

I came in quite late, I think just before the sunwell patch dropped in BC, but vanilla was still there in it's dick-punching glory. Skills were expensive, drops were pitiful, green quest loot was poor and quests took you from the arse end of the EK to the other and then to Kalimdor and back. Nah, I'm good thanks

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Senor Tron posted:

Gonna be great in the season finale of this show when Liz dies and Charles takes over.

It'll be good to see the Mountbatten foreshadowing finally pay off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

RabidWeasel posted:

I'd be interested to see this polling if you know where you saw it?

Yeah it's here:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/08/17/48-35-britons-would-rather-have-no-deal-and-no-cor

Lib Dem supporters given the choice between "JC government and he calls for 2nd ref" and "No deal and no Corbyns", are 69% (nice) in favour of Corbyn and no No-Deal.

Only registered members can see post attachments!