Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Another Bill posted:

What do in your own bedroom is your own business but HOT TAKE married couples who use condoms are weird. Unless they're like poly or something I guess, but I'd lump that under the 'weird marriage' umbrella.

Some people don't want kids, but still want to have sex. Weird, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Chomp8645 posted:

I like how he specifically recounts being harassed and bullied for his name growing up but for some reason it's important that he pass this name on.

Change your name, doofus.

Hey, maybe he wants his future kids to experience the same kind of harassment so they can bond over it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Oh man I'm late on this but please stop on the issue of office dress codes, ty. I honestly don't ever want to see the same person arguing about the same thing at the top of two pages in a row, say your point concisely and be done with it or don't say it at all.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Why is condom couple so focused on penetrative vaginal sex? Sure, pleasuring the penis and testicles is important, but the rectum is by far the most sensitive and sensual part of the male reproductive system.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Another Bill posted:

What do in your own bedroom is your own business but HOT TAKE married couples who use condoms are weird.
You have a better way to streamline cleanup?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

HOT BREAD! posted:

A close family friend (85M) just got a terminal cancer diagnosis. This morning he asked me (24F) to undress for him.

Don't tell anyone, carry on like everything is completely normal. Continue being his friend and helping him through his illness.

Then when you posthumously publish his memoirs include this post as the final chapter.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

Jesus Christ shut up

Girlfriend (26) started antagonizing me (32) over a song I was listening to. I said something back, she escalated, and we haven't spoken since.

This is loving hysterical, dude is butthurt

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've seen the whole "people in committed relationships who use condoms are insane and weird and not having good sex" take quite often. They're always really weird about it too and can never let it go and keep asking "well what's the point of being exclusive if you're still using condoms?!"

Like god drat there's so many valid reasons. I know married couples who "still" use them even with the wife on birth control because they want to be double sure and yeah, makes cleanup a breeze. What a weird thing to have a meltdown about.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

This is loving hysterical, dude is butthurt

I mean his girlfriend could own up to the fact she has nothing but contempt for him and his life choices and dump him because this dude will never stop clinging to his only life raft, but if he keeps posting other ways she destroys him with insecurity seeking missiles they should stay together for probably two more posts before I get bored.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

the bright eyes post is good because the cadence is pretty close to the actual song so I can sing it in my head

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Baronjutter posted:

I've seen the whole "people in committed relationships who use condoms are insane and weird and not having good sex" take quite often. They're always really weird about it too and can never let it go and keep asking "well what's the point of being exclusive if you're still using condoms?!"

Like god drat there's so many valid reasons. I know married couples who "still" use them even with the wife on birth control because they want to be double sure and yeah, makes cleanup a breeze. What a weird thing to have a meltdown about.

Actually it's all good. I thought that when I was single and I've been married near a decade and still feel that way. It's an intimacy thing. Whatever, different strokes for different folks.

What I'd really like to talk about is the glaring misuse of the word meltdown in your post. I was just making a bit of fun conversation?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

dudeness posted:

Don't tell anyone, carry on like everything is completely normal. Continue being his friend and helping him through his illness.

Then when you posthumously publish his memoirs include this post as the final chapter.

Send him to the grave early.

Seriously if I'm so demented I harass women young enough to be my grand daughter I hope somebody has the good sense to smother me with a pillow.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

*grabs pillow*

I'll be right there

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Used soap, really? It's all bad, but the other stuff I can squint and see why someone might think it's ok, but used soap?

It's not like the cleaning people aren't taking whatever soaps and shampoos they want on a daily basis anyway.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Speaking of dress codes, a few years back some old fart wrote into the local paper to earnestly bitch about seeing exposed shoulders on the cashiers at motherfucking Wal-Mart. Like it had seriously affected their bargain shopping experience.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Bright Eyes guy is insecure but his girlfriend kind of sounds like an rear end in a top hat too.

My boyfriend and I poke fun of eachother for the garbage we like and we own it but if he was in the middle of something and really enjoying himself I don't think I'd pester him like that.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 29, 2019

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Scathach posted:

Surprise! You're a homophobe! Also stupid as poo poo.

God why do people suck so bad.

Do you think lying on medical forms and people getting diseases from blood transfusions is a joke?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Elderbean posted:

Bright Eyes guy is insecure but his girlfriend kind of sounds like an rear end in a top hat too.

My boyfriend poke fun of eachother for the garbage we like and we own it but if he was really enjoying himself I don't think I'd pester him likely that.

She mocks him repeatedly and openly. She throws his poo poo around when mad at him. She threw a chair during a fight, and it scared him enough he left and sat in his car for hours. He's probably less "insecure" and more "being emotionally abused".

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
She wants a boy who's so drunk he doesn't talk

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Araenna posted:

She mocks him repeatedly and openly. She throws his poo poo around when mad at him. She threw a chair during a fight, and it scared him enough he left and sat in his car for hours. He's probably less "insecure" and more "being emotionally abused".

No poo poo, she sounds mentally unstable and like one fight away from going over the edge to physical abuse.

Throwing furniture around during a petty argument....
Bailing on your first class because you couldn't find a car park and then coming home and bashing yourself in the face with a phone..... Like what...

Maybe the people itt are so broke brained from their own lovely relationships but the dude isn't in the wrong here.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Sierra Nevadan posted:

Do you think lying on medical forms and people getting diseases from blood transfusions is a joke?

lol

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Araenna posted:

Yeah I laughed at the lyrics she said but that behavior sounds like abuse to me - something tells me that isn't the first time she's sought to belittle him, nevermind the furniture throwing.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I had sex with a 17 year old girl, got her pregnant, set up a private child support agreement with her, 3 years later turns out kid isn’t even mine. What can I do at this point?

quote:

I won’t say my actual age for privacy reasons but I was in my 40’s when this happened. I got her pregnant, she never wanted me to see her or the baby again. Threatened to call the cops on me if I didn’t help her with child support though, and me being scared of getting thrown in prison for having sex with a minor, I set up a private child support agreement with her. I never even saw the kid during those three years.

She randomly calls a few weeks ago, and says that around that time she was sleeping with someone else and it turns out the kid is theirs. I suspect she knew all along that the kid wasn’t mine. Is there anything I can do about it at this point?

Edit: the girl was 15 turning 16 when we began hanging out. She was 17 when we had sex, which is the legal age of consent in our state. Would I get in trouble for hanging out with her when she was 15 if I took this to court?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Last name dude is an rear end in a top hat, to be sure, but he’s also probably been lulled into an ultimately false sense of security by the fact that adults usually have enough sense and tact to not laugh at each other’s names in person, and then his girlfriend makes it clear that she does think his name is dumb and he’s dumb for having it, which is a guaranteed way to hurt him. I sentence them to marriage in order to save others. They have to pick a new name that neither of them had and use that.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Fight with my [29M] gf [28F] over last name, reconsidering relationship

I'll take 'controlling rear end in a top hat' for 300. Although now I kinda want to know what the name is.

I'm sorry Mr. Dickbutt, you're going to have to let this one go.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Pinecone Sample posted:

I had sex with a 17 year old girl, got her pregnant, set up a private child support agreement with her, 3 years later turns out kid isn’t even mine. What can I do at this point?

Just looked this up and it's being asked in Legal Advice. Unfortunately he actually got the best advice for his situation.

quote:

Stop paying her going forward and move on. A court is going to have a hard time believing that a 40 something year old was innocently hanging out with a 15 year old until they turned the exact age of consent and the started having sex with them if she claims you started earlier than 17. And really even if you didn't have sex it sounds a lot like you were grooming a child for sex.

Hoping he ignores this advice and takes her to court, then it ruins his life.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Gotta be Spunkmeyer.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Pirate Radar posted:

Last name dude is an rear end in a top hat, to be sure, but he’s also probably been lulled into an ultimately false sense of security by the fact that adults usually have enough sense and tact to not laugh at each other’s names in person, and then his girlfriend makes it clear that she does think his name is dumb and he’s dumb for having it, which is a guaranteed way to hurt him. I sentence them to marriage in order to save others. They have to pick a new name that neither of them had and use that.

Yeah, I'd be sympathetic if it were just him being hurt that the person he loves most thinks his name is stupid. That's a reasonable thing to feel hurt about! It's just, y'know... the rest of the post.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Sierra Nevadan posted:

You realize that a straight person that has unprotected sex with a ton of random untested people is a lot more of a risk than a gay guy or gal that's in a committed relationship, right? The law is homophobic as poo poo and not based in current medical knowledge.

If they had it worded as "any person who has promiscuous sex in [time period] is banned from giving blood" it would make a ton more sense than "if you've had homosexual sex you're disqualified."

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Sierra Nevadan posted:

It's a spirit vs letter issue. OP in this story is a tremendous horse's rear end.

I'd go so far as to say it's not even lying. The question may say 'yo, did you MSM within the last year' but what it really means 'are you a tremendous slut?'

And to be frank it's pretty bullshit that the gay guys are the one that get beat over the head with it.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

"I donated blood, I'm such a good person. I just had to lie on the forms to do so. NBD"

"My husband says he totally didn't cheat, take my word for it."

Sierra Nevadan fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 29, 2019

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Sierra Nevadan posted:

Are you also fine with immigration, you just think that they should come here legally?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i just don't understand why on earth would a gay man would want to donate blood with a narc? leave that snitch at home, donate your blood in peace

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
This is from a sub reddit called unpopular opinion where people post their opinions and then they are voted on if they are actually unpopular or not.

I'm a guy and I wish I could be pregnant
Voted 96% unpopular

quote:

I think pregnancy is wonderful. I know it's not all lollipops and rainbows. I supported my wife every single day through her pregnancy and I helped her through the nausea, the body aches, and the terrible pain of giving birth. I know there are risks and complications and it's not something everyone wants to do. I wish I could do it, though.

My wife and I agreed we wanted a baby as soon as we had a house. Thankfully, she was able to become pregnant (I really feel for the women who can't have babies and wish they could) and we now have a toddler who is an absolute joy.

She loved being pregnant. Every day we talked about the baby growing in her womb that we couldn't wait to meet. I kissed her belly hundreds of times. And I fell in love with her all over again every time I looked at her. Her hand was pretty much glued to her belly, always rubbing it and humming a song. The bond that is formed between the mother and child is simply beautiful.

The hardest part about it is that I'll never be able to realize this wish and I never had a choice in the matter. Women can choose (in most cases) whether or not they want to become pregnant. And I don't know how the logistics of it all would work, anyway. Maybe if we lived in a world where both men and women were built with the capability to have babies, kind of like seahorses. I know it's not realistic, but if it were possible to give me a uterus transplant I'd consider it. I would gladly take menstruation and menopause if it meant I could get pregnant.

Every guy I've ever told has either looked at me like I'm insane or just straight-up laughed at me. Women I've told seem to understand, but nobody really takes it seriously except for my wife. She knows it's not a joke and that it's an actual dream of mine. Any guys out there agree with me?

Edit: Some people are rightfully pointing out that my wife's pregnancy went smoothly and that we are very fortunate. I do not disagree. However, I disagree that I have an idealized view of pregnancy. Just because things went well for her does not mean they would for me and does not mean they go well for others, but it also does not invalidate my feelings. As I stated above, I am well-informed of the risks that come with pregnancy.

Edit 2: No, it's not a sexual thing. Also, to clarify, I am happy as a straight male and I do not want to transition to become a woman.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Sierra Nevadan posted:

Uh wouldn't that go for every spouse then? Or do you believe only gay men cheat? Like dude you're coming across as being quite idiotic.

I can't tell if you're a Pick 2.0 troll or just a moron.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Sierra Nevadan posted:

"I donated blood, I'm such a good person. I just had to lie on the forms to do so. NBD"

So straight women shouldn’t be able to donate blood either?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Xik posted:

Just looked this up and it's being asked in Legal Advice. Unfortunately he actually got the best advice for his situation.

Hoping he ignores this advice and takes her to court, then it ruins his life.

How do you find these? Every time I try to look up one of the titles posted I can never find it in any of the reddit subforums.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

bell jar posted:

i just don't understand why on earth would a gay man would want to donate blood with a narc? leave that snitch at home, donate your blood in peace

Giving blood isn't compulsory. I just don't understand why on earth a gay man would want to donate blood by having to fake into it when they don't agree with the law or the protocols.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

To save lives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I was wrong, let's go back to office attire.