Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Update: I (20M) went to a strip club with my girlfriend (20F) and it was a disaster

quote:

Yeah so thanks for everyone who weighed in last time. It did help me see things a bit more clearly. After she came back home she was still upset. She didn't want to talk about it, and obviously I did. And when I tried bringing it up she got mad and at one point literally told me to shut the gently caress up. That just kinda hurt tbh, and in return I got annoyed. I told her that we were going to discuss this right now, and she refused. So I just left and went to stay at a friend of mine. And when she found out where I stayed she blew up again because that friend is a girl. I didn't reply to anything until she said she wanted to talk the next day. So I came back home and she apologized, but it felt super forced and insincere. And still she solely blamed me for the strip club fiasco, saying I should've known it was her and that I intentionally didn't recognize her. Right. Long story short, I broke up with her. There was only drama for the past few days and I was/am sick of it. I'm not about to sleep on the couch for the rest of our lease so we still sleep in the same bed but I don't care. She has tried to make amends and being all cute and poo poo but I'm just tired of it. As far as I'm concerned we're done. She hasn't seemed to accept this and tried to keep acting like nothing happened and do couple stuff. I don't really talk to her. Though I think she's starting to slowly realize it's over and she's been crying and apologizing.

I don't see us getting back together, I'm still blown away by everything that happened. Never seen her act like this in 2 years. Gotta survive one more month here, can't really crash anywhere for more than a few days, she can be won't. So that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

The black listed thing is a lot of bullshit but I am leaning towards agreeing with him.

9 can be a weird age and while at 9 I was left home alone a lot there are quite a few 9 year olds that probably shouldn't be left at home that being said they weren't at home they were in a hotel in another city which is a problem if something happens. Sure the kid probably has moms number but if there were an emergency who knows what could have happened.

Also the fact that she was aware that she should have gotten approval for the travel before hand is just another strike.

Yeah it sucks she lost that contract but I'm not sure leaving your kid in the hotel room for (10-12 hours) is the smartest idea.

Why is travel approval even necessary? gently caress all of those people who were like "yes the good and proper thing is to fire this person for having the audacity to have their 9 year-old staying in the same hotel room without asking permission first", it's peak corporate culture to reach that kind of monumentally stupid decision and I only ask that you take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror if you find yourself siding with these robots.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

cumshitter posted:

As a gay American of Irish descent I will never forgive this country for stealing and ruining River Dance.

In the original River Dance their legs are as loose as their wrists. They ruined it by telling the American River Dance production to not move their arms.
for some reason i thought you were chinese-american, now my mental image of you has been revised to a chinese-american who loves to river dance

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
now i'm genuinely agonising irl over whether i'm racist because i thought cumshitter was chinese-american, i know so many chinese men who don't poo poo cum, why did i make this assumption

help me

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

QuarkJets posted:

Why is travel approval even necessary? gently caress all of those people who were like "yes the good and proper thing is to fire this person for having the audacity to have their 9 year-old staying in the same hotel room without asking permission first", it's peak corporate culture to reach that kind of monumentally stupid decision and I only ask that you take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror if you find yourself siding with these robots.

One, as the OP points out at the end, they are going to find out when they get the room service bill if the kid has anything charged. Two, folios sometimes say how many guests. Asking for a "heads up," just lets them go, "ah, there's nothing suspicious about the 3pm lunch charge, it's her kid, exempt it from the reimbursement."

We don't know what the work is. If there's federal grant money tied up in anything they do it has to be meticulously accounted for and can gently caress Things Up if it's not done accurately. I think the OP was hosed, she had to disclose it. She didn't recommend firing. I'm in a similar position in healthcare compliance, there's a lot of stuff I have to disclose because if it ever comes up in the future it'll be obvious that I didn't disclose it, ruining my credibility in the field. When possible I work with the person to correct the mistake before it becomes documentable, but sometimes people act on their own and we're brought in too late, there's already a paper trail.

I could see if it was banned or super frowned upon, but they're just asking for a heads up it sounds like? There's a difference between pre-approval and begging for permission and I'm unclear what's really going on here. The OP makes it clear it's allowed, not something you have to beg for. It seems utterly reasonable to let the company know who is staying in the room they are paying for, and I'd quit my job to join a violent communist revolution tomorrow.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i am being forced to confront uncomfortable truths about myself and my perceptions of culture, sexuality and cumshitting

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

charity rereg posted:

One, as the OP points out at the end, they are going to find out when they get the room service bill if the kid has anything charged. Two, folios sometimes say how many guests. Asking for a "heads up," just lets them go, "ah, there's nothing suspicious about the 3pm lunch charge, it's her kid, exempt it from the reimbursement."

None of that matters. OP is a dirty bootlicking snitch, for sure, but couldn't have expected that this would get the person fired. The real problem is the people making the decision to fire this person for something completely innocuous but technically in violation of a poorly-written policy that I can almost guarantee the executives don't even follow.

quote:

We don't know what the work is. If there's federal grant money tied up in anything they do it has to be meticulously accounted for and can gently caress Things Up if it's not done accurately. I think the OP was hosed, she had to disclose it. She didn't recommend firing. I'm in a similar position in healthcare compliance, there's a lot of stuff I have to disclose because if it ever comes up in the future it'll be obvious that I didn't disclose it, ruining my credibility in the field. When possible I work with the person to correct the mistake before it becomes documentable, but sometimes people act on their own and we're brought in too late, there's already a paper trail.

I could see if it was banned or super frowned upon, but they're just asking for a heads up it sounds like? There's a difference between pre-approval and begging for permission and I'm unclear what's really going on here. The OP makes it clear it's allowed, not something you have to beg for. It seems utterly reasonable to let the company know who is staying in the room they are paying for, and I'd quit my job to join a violent communist revolution tomorrow.

If permission would have been given anyway because it's not a big deal, then all the more reason to just issue a warning. The fact that they didn't implies that some HR person pulled up their Disciplinary Matrix and saw "can their rear end" as the documented response for this silly "offense". It's a blatant overreaction

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
fart

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Barudak posted:

Japanese people in America will probably care but Japanese people in Japan wont give much of a poo poo so where do you live and also if you buy a cheap one and put it on yourself everyone will know and laugh at you forever regardless of country.

japanese people in america will almost certainly not give a gently caress but will probably laugh at you forever

white people in america will get up your rear end and burst out your chest like a facehugger that prefers to go in the back door

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
oh my g-d i have outed myself as a racist in front of twd whom i've secretly loved ever since his ffix lp this is literally the end of my life

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i am a wretch!!!!!!

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Cumshitter isn't so much a person but more like an ideal. It doesn't matter how he appears to you, what matters is his message. It crosses nationality and ethinicty boundaries.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
There is a little cumshitter in all of us

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

There's a little of all of us in cumshitter

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah, VERY little hiyoooo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

None of that matters. OP is a dirty bootlicking snitch, for sure, but couldn't have expected that this would get the person fired. The real problem is the people making the decision to fire this person for something completely innocuous but technically in violation of a poorly-written policy that I can almost guarantee the executives don't even follow.

If permission would have been given anyway because it's not a big deal, then all the more reason to just issue a warning. The fact that they didn't implies that some HR person pulled up their Disciplinary Matrix and saw "can their rear end" as the documented response for this silly "offense". It's a blatant overreaction

keeping people from using discretion and making decisions is 100% the goal of policies like this, yes

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Last I heard Japanese companies were trying to get kimonos to catch on overseas so traditional Japanese clothing doesn't die out.

Yeah, there was a thing in I think Boston a few years ago where a Japanese company tried to hold an event with kimonos at a university and got shut down when all the angry white people claimed "cultural appropriation" and protested it. Because you're not allowed to wear a kimono if you're not Japanese, I guess?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, there was a thing in I think Boston a few years ago where a Japanese company tried to hold an event with kimonos at a university and got shut down when all the angry white people claimed "cultural appropriation" and protested it. Because you're not allowed to wear a kimono if you're not Japanese, I guess?

I know a vietnamese guy waltzing around in 17th century Qing dynasty clothing casually. For work, etc.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chitoryu12 posted:

iirc Douglas MacArthur wore kimonos around from time to time and you don't get more Japanese than being a deranged generalissimo who conquered the islands in war

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

nankeen posted:

now i'm genuinely agonising irl over whether i'm racist because i thought cumshitter was chinese-american

For what it’s worth I had the same impression for some reason. Wouldn’t be the first time I had totally the wrong idea about someone.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Xik posted:

No poo poo, she sounds mentally unstable and like one fight away from going over the edge to physical abuse.

Throwing furniture around during a petty argument....
Bailing on your first class because you couldn't find a car park and then coming home and bashing yourself in the face with a phone..... Like what...

Maybe the people itt are so broke brained from their own lovely relationships but the dude isn't in the wrong here.

Also no one uses phrasing like "IM A LOW TEST MAN" except for people who gently caress around in alt-right poo poo online. So that's another huge strike against her.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I think my [27/F] boyfriend [28/M] sniffed the chair my friend [28/F] sat on

quote:

This is a but weird but I don't know what to think, or if I might be misunderstanding everything. Sorry for grammar, English is not my native language.

So a week ago, both me and my friend has the day off. It was sunny so we decided to hang out in my garden. My boyfriend and I live together in a small house we bought a few years back. My boyfriend was at work that day.

We have one of those small temporary 'pools' you just fill up with water, so my friend and I sat in that, cooling off and had a glass of wine. After an hour or so my boyfriend comes home, and my friend and I go to sit on the outside chairs where my boyfriend joins us. We are both in bikini, but we wrap a towel around us while we sit there and dry off.

After some time we both go inside to change, while by boyfriend still sits outside. That's when I look out the window to see him putting his face down the pillow my friend sat on, and it looks like to takes a deep breath through his nose. Honestly it's hard to tell exactly what he did, but it seemed like some perverted sniffing of where she had sat.

I had no idea what to say or do, but when I went outside I could see that we had both left wet impressions on the pillows, which makes sense.

It's been a week now, and I honestly don't know how to bring this up, I'm not even sure it was something inappropriate. He might have just noticed the imprint and wondered what it was, taking a closer look?. It also just seems strange to bring up now, and kind of a weird accusation. At the same time, it makes we feel weird that any time I have a female friend over, I should wonder if my boyfriend wants to smell the chair?

How to I manage this?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Elderbean posted:

Oh poo poo, read this on mobile and somehow missed the last half the story. Oh yeah he's being abused.

same, now I feel like a dick

Also the pedo poo poo, I don't know
I'M SO CONFUSED

ilovebeersooomuch fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 29, 2019

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
How much odor would a seat have after just sitting on it? Was he hoping she ripped some raunchy farts on it?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

same, now I feel like a dick

Also the pedo poo poo, I don't know
I'M SO CONFUSED

Maybe we should just be happy two apparently terrible people are together.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

How much odor would a seat have after just sitting on it? Was he hoping she ripped some raunchy farts on it?

This person is actually a professional tracker and is adding to their mental repository in the event their friend goes missing.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Imagine if it was the same drat friend who never wears underwear and leaves a snail trail of feminine discharge on the passenger seat on hot days.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Imagine doing anything that might have a chance of making a single mom's life harder

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Pinecone Sample posted:

I think my [27/F] boyfriend [28/M] sniffed the chair my friend [28/F] sat on

Lmao, I just remembered the dude who yelled delightedly about getting hard when his gf's mom ripped a fart in the kitchen.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Power Khan posted:

I know a vietnamese guy waltzing around in 17th century Qing dynasty clothing casually. For work, etc.

weirdly the dude I know that goes full geisha pretty commonly, including at work, is a super gay Vietnamese guy

is traditional Vietnamese dress not as interesting as other Asian cultures?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Phones M19 F19

quote:

I call her a phone addict because she basically is. I really don’t know if all girls are like this I mean I see it all the time, but I hope in relationships they aren’t this quiet. I don’t understand how she is talk on social n text but real life come on. I’m not that talkative myself because aren’t that valid to get much speech outta me. Like rn she is next to me head down on her phone. I tell her every other time that her phone attention skills are too pro for my pallet.

Are all girls like this?

TL;DR she’s spends a lot of our time on her phone

She's probably bored to death by you.

Gifts are an act of aggression
My (23F) sister (25f) gives obligations, not gifts. What do I do?

quote:

What the title says.

As an example, she bought me a notebook and hounded me until I used it. I used every page, and then threw it away. She saw it in the trash and stomped her feet and screamed and cried about 'how dare you?! I bought you that!'. After twenty minutes, mum asked me just to take it back from the trash can and keep looking for the discontinued refills to make her stop. I did not.

Last year, my sister helped me search the mall for the perfect wallet. Since then, she's bought me four more that she knows I don't need and wont use, and always demands I use the new one. I told her I already have the perfect wallet, but her gifts are appreciated, but she just tells me to find another way to use them.

There's nothing I need or want, so I've asked to not be bought any gifts anymore, and still, once a month or two, she buys something new and nags me forever after about using it. I've even heard her complaining to my mum about it.

At this point, I'm decluttering and trying to buy less, own less and love with less. She knows this, and yet she does things like this one purpose.

I'm so stressed out and I need help. I'll take any advice that's not 'bag it all up and give it back, and tell her why', because that's an absolute last resort. I talked to my mother and she said to just do it, but we both know that's a defcon 1 level meltdown if I do.

Edit: I'm beginning to think I may need to grow a thicker skin and be more honest and ignore the tantrums.

I wish I could make her understand that what happens to a gift after you give it doesn't matter because the item is no longer yours. Even that would be a start.

TL;DR, my sisters gifts have lots of strings. What do I do?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

TheKennedys posted:

weirdly the dude I know that goes full geisha pretty commonly, including at work, is a super gay Vietnamese guy

is traditional Vietnamese dress not as interesting as other Asian cultures?

generally no for men, kinda drab and practical unless you're going formal and getting married

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Fbbl00-i4

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

Phones M19 F19

She's probably bored to death by you.

Seems he is less interesting than what is on her phone, not sure why this is so hard for him to grasp.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

cumshitter posted:

This was the premise to a great episode of News Radio where Phil Hartman's boss owns the radio station and the magazine that reviews them and Hartman's character has a complete meltdown over being described as adequate.

That's the best episode. I love it

"Adequate is getting straight Cs!"
"But weren't you a C student?"
"That's not my point!"

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Orgy with a drug addict aftermath

quote:

Me and my girlfriend are on vacation in Miami Beach and we decided we wanted to go hard on our last day and went to some pool party. When we were there we met this couple that seemed super chill and after hanging out with them for around two hours we decided to go in together on some coke (we were drunk and wanted to party). After asking one of the attendants we were able to score some and I paid around $20 for what seemed like not that much(like a dime bag idk Come measurements). Anyway we went back to their place and ended up having a 4 way after my girlfriend and him did some of the coke in the shower. During the whole thing I kept asking him if I could get a bump and he kept saying he’d get me but never told me where he put it/gave me any. After we finished it turns out his WIFE (important later) did not know about the coke at all and he was a former heroin addict that completely lied to her about it. The reason she found out was because her lips were going numb after kissing him. Anyway after a long discussion she decided she wanted to take their flight home the had booked for later that evening and left him to go to the airport. Me, min, and my girlfriend talked to him for a couple of minutes on what he wanted to do (this is when he told us he was an addict and admitted to using heroin in the last week) and then I realized he was just using me for my money. I got pissed and told my girlfriend “let’s go this guy is a piece of poo poo who used us to buy drugs and left.” Only my girlfriend decided to stay for a little bit longer and he told her he was going to kill himself. Now me and my girlfriend are in a fight because she stayed and talked to him after I said we should leave and she stayed for about an hour and talked to him. What should I do to solve this? We’ve been together for almost 2 years and had never done anything this crazy before and she’s saying it was her “duty” to help him out of his depression but it seems to me like he was just trying to play her.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

AITA for having sex a month after my husband passed away? posted:

My husband passed away in an accident two months ago. In the deluge of condolences, my ex message me as well. He came over a few times in the weeks after that and he was very supportive. A month later, one night we got a bit too drunk and one thing led to another and we ended up having sex. We have been continuing it over the last month. A couple of days ago my sister dropped by my house and heard us having sex. She has been angry at me ever since and saying she can't believe I have moved on. They were quite close and she is still grieving. But I haven't moved on, sex is just something I'm doing rather than me forgetting about my husband.

So AITA for this?

EDIT: a few people are commenting on having sex on the marital bed being an issue. I do not understand it. If I am being an rear end in a top hat, does it matter where I do it? It is a piece of furniture.

:yikes:

Uh I think your sister is pissed at you because she thinks you were having an affair before your husband passed.

Also, I love all the people in the comments saying "it's okay you have to grieve in your own way"

Uh no if jumping into bed with someone before your husband's body is even cold is how you grieve then you need some goddamn therapy. It's no different than drinking heavily or getting into drugs as a coping mechanism.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I [25F] am an open heroin/opioid addict and a guy [36M] pressured me into a relationship. I robbed him and now he's mad

quote:

As the title says, I am an open drug addict. Everyone and their grandma knows I do drugs. A friend's friend/coworker thought I was pretty and kept trying to get with me. I told him I did not want a boyfriend. A drug buddy, sure. A boyfriend, no. I am not relationship material. But he wouldn't take no for an answer. He kept asking me out on dates and bought me gifts. The more valuable gifts I traded for drugs. One time I was going through a bad withdrawal when he asked me out. I said yes this time thinking I could get a good meal and possibly bum some money off him. We had dinner and a movie and crashed at his place. He managed to rope me in from there. At first he would give me money. Plenty of it. Then it dropped down to like $5 every week. Eventually he stopped giving me money at all.

One month I was dry. My hustle wasn't working and I needed drugs real bad. I was at his house and he has an expensive computer setup. Well, I boxed that poo poo up and sold it to get my fix. He called me later and asking where I was and why his computer was missing. I told him I took it so I could get drugs. He got pissed and cursed me out so I hung out. He called again the next day and asked if I could come over so we could talk. I went over and he was calm and said he had no idea I was still on drugs (what). He forgave me for stealing his computer and asked if I could get it back. I told him that was impossible. He offered to pay for me to go to rehab. I declined. That's when he did a 180 and called me all kinds of names and said he spent years working on that computer and everyone at work knows so now he's a laughingstock. I apologized but pointed out that he knew I was a drug addict when he got with me.

He threatened to sue me (yeah, right, good luck) and is stalking me. He's cruising around my hangouts so I've been laying low at a friend's house. He has been blowing up my phone too. I blocked his number but he gets new ones. I don't know what to do. His crazy rear end won't leave me alone

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

For my (26M) peace of mind I would like to take a paternity test once my gf(26F) gives birth to our first child next year.

quote:

((Throwaway))

We’ve been dating for 3 years. Living together for 2 and a half. My family loves her, her family loves me yadda yadda yadda. This will be her last semester of grad school. I’ve had a steady really good paying job the next few years. We want to get married and buy a house next year. She is 3 months pregnant.

Shehasn’t done anything a single thing to make me even suspect that she hasn’t been faithful in our relationship and we’re pretty open about that. However I can’t stop thinking “what if”. I’ve had close friends find out that they weren’t the father of their children. I really feel like that is one of the worst possible things that could happen to a person. Emotionally spiritually and financially. The baby will also be born before the wedding. So I’m pretty sure I’m going to go through with it either way. I just don’t know if it’s best to ask for one or do it behind her back. I don’t want to insult her or insinuate that she has been unfaithful. Especially since she is you know, pregnant with the child in question. Really this it is for my own peace of mind, and it is 1000% possible to get a paternity test after delivery and nobody will ever know except me. What should I do?

TLDR: In a loving relationship. Soon to be wife is giving birth next year. I’m considering getting a secret paternity test sometime after the delivery with or without her knowing. Don’t know if I should just talk to her about it or do it without her ever knowing

Is it MGTOW or Redpill that's leading to this many r/relationships posts about 'I totally trust my wife... but I want a paternity test!'

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

It's entirely possible that

a) The poster was an rear end in a top hat for reporting her for something he could've turned a blind eye too
b) The poster was required by law to disclose to his employer any policy violations
c) The woman was an rear end in a top hat for being aware of the policy issues and ignoring the ones that were inconvenient
d) The nature of the work requires 100% compliance with all rules and regulations or get fired on the spot (federal contracts, medical settings for example)

When the choice is either "document any policy violations" or "lose my job" you can't rake someone over the coals for covering their own rear end and making sure they don't face professional consequences for the actions of another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Ebola Roulette posted:

:yikes:

Uh I think your sister is pissed at you because she thinks you were having an affair before your husband passed.

Also, I love all the people in the comments saying "it's okay you have to grieve in your own way"

Uh no if jumping into bed with someone before your husband's body is even cold is how you grieve then you need some goddamn therapy. It's no different than drinking heavily or getting into drugs as a coping mechanism.

It's ok to just want to gently caress. Sex isn't that big a deal. Nutting isn't heroin. Husband isn't coming back and it's not like she's moving the dude in and telling the kids to call him dad.