Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Klansman 8 0.91%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 578 65.76%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 185 21.05%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 4 0.46%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 0 0%
Julian Castro, the Twin 3 0.34%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 3 0.34%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 9 1.02%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 2 0.23%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 4 0.46%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 19 2.16%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 19 2.16%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 8 0.91%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.11%
Just like in real life, nobody voted for Hickenlooper 2 0.23%
Jeffrey Epstein, the MCC Most Hated 9 1.02%
KKKillary KKKlinton 16 1.82%
Some other idiot not in this list 9 1.02%
Total: 879 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

12/15

A time or two I would think "oh that definitely trump(or biden)" and be very wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Junior G-man posted:

According to the Guardian, looks like Steyer is out of the next debates too. Thank loving God.

Honestly I was hoping any single one of the bo hope Brigade made it. I'd much rather two 5/6 person debates with no hopers in than one 10 person debate that's, generously, 50% filler losers.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Meatball posted:

12/15

A time or two I would think "oh that definitely trump(or biden)" and be very wrong.

Biden's IQ quote REALLY got me.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Honestly, the Frenchman quote was the most surprising one to me. Real loving sad that you can even pull quotes of a functioning adult and make it so hard to differentiate from Donny though.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Junior G-man posted:

According to the Guardian, looks like Steyer is out of the next debates too. Thank loving God.

Is it more Jeb! to blow 150 million on three delegates or to blow 12 million on not even getting to the debates?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Wait it's actually real. This is from July and passed seemingly unnoticed.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 29, 2019

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

Ague Proof posted:

The public is just not that interested in raprock anymore. Limp Bizkit put out their 15th album in 2018 and it sold under 10,000 copies. P.O.D. all had to get jobs. 311 is doing a Las Vegas styled recidency on a cruise ship 365 days a year (lower taxes on their show profits too because they stay in international waters). The industry is hurting.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Is it more Jeb! to blow 150 million on three delegates or to blow 12 million on not even getting to the debates?

12 million on not even getting to the debates with the note that a lot of the money is being spent on campaign mailers and like JEB! I can totally see Steyer mailing out iPads loaded with campaign videos if things get desperate enough

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

ross perot in hell posted:

The public is just not that interested in raprock anymore. Limp Bizkit put out their 15th album in 2018 and it sold under 10,000 copies. P.O.D. all had to get jobs. 311 is doing a Las Vegas styled recidency on a cruise ship 365 days a year (lower taxes on their show profits too because they stay in international waters). The industry is hurting.

This is the worst rendition of the kids aren't alright I have ever heard.

What the hell is going on, The cruelest dream, reality.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

overmind2000 posted:

12 million on not even getting to the debates with the note that a lot of the money is being spent on campaign mailers and like JEB! I can totally see Steyer mailing out iPads loaded with campaign videos if things get desperate enough

replace with "watch my show" with "give my name to pollsters"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ39s_pcRFQ

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Ague Proof posted:

Trump has lowered the standard so much that you have to really start babbling for the media to take notice.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Gyges posted:

Honestly, the Frenchman quote was the most surprising one to me. Real loving sad that you can even pull quotes of a functioning adult and make it so hard to differentiate from Donny though.

Joe Biden is not a functioning adult

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Politico did a schedule analysis: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/29/2020-democrat-schedules-1477641

quote:

Former Vice President Joe Biden
116 total campaign days
59 days on the road — 51 percent of days
Events: 112
Non-fundraisers: 70
Fundraisers: 42
Early voting state days: 28
Early voting state events: 54

Analysis: Biden’s strategy is simple: Raise money while pounding the early voting states. He’s skipped or is skipping some big Democratic Party meetings — the California State Party Convention and recent Democratic National Committee confab in San Francisco come to mind — but his frequent travels to Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina put him on par there with Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren — candidates doing more public events than him elsewhere. Biden also has the advantage of a well-known surrogate that the others don’t: His wife, Jill Biden, who has been stepping up her own activity around the country.

Mayor Pete Buttigieg
116 total campaign days
82 days on the road — 71 percent of days
Events: 240
Non-fundraisers: 140
Fundraisers: 100
Early voting state days: 32
Early voting state events: 76

Analysis: Like Beto O’Rourke's, though nowhere near as prolific, Pete Buttigieg’s campaign is working to project the image of a candidate who is everywhere — think: Kansas City, Mo., and Fresno, Calif. The field’s top fundraiser in the second quarter of the year, taking in nearly $25 million, Buttigieg is holding the most fundraisers by far — 30 more than Kamala Harris and 58 more than Joe Biden. In the early voting states, Buttigieg is focusing much of his time in Iowa and New Hampshire, where anything less than strong showings would likely end his campaign.

Sen. Kamala Harris
116 total campaign days
90 days on the road — 78 percent of days
Events: 165
Non-fundraisers: 95
Fundraisers: 70
Early voting state days: 27
Early voting state events: 60

Analysis: Kamala Harris’ big-dollar fundraisers from California to New York reflect the reality that she can’t live on online donations alone. Her speeches to Democratic and NAACP audiences in Detroit, Montgomery, Ala., and West Columbia, S.C., undergird her efforts to build a base with black voters Her events in South Carolina are second only to Beto O’Rourke. Lately, she’s been ramping up in Iowa — with half of her events coming on a recent five-day bus tour — an acknowledgment that waiting for South Carolina and Super Tuesday would be too late.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar
116 total campaign days
77 days on the road — 66 percent of days
Events: 245
Non-fundraisers: 190
Fundraisers: 55
Early voting state days: 49
Early voting state events: 97

Analysis: For Amy Klobuchar, it’s all about Iowa. She’s made 59 stops there in the time period examined — 80 since launching in mid-February. While some others sprinted across the state fair this month — rushing though a pork chop flip and kernel toss after stepping off the soap box — Klobuchar spent nearly eight hours on the ground there. Klobuchar’s 49 days in the early voting states are the most — as is the percentage of her time in the early voting states compared with her total days on the road. Also of note: her 25 events in New Hampshire.

Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke
116 total campaign days
83 days on the road — 72 percent of days
Events: 360
Non-fundraisers: 352
Fundraisers: 8
Early voting state days: 36
Early voting state events: 98

Analysis: Nobody has packed in near the number of stops as Beto O’Rouke, including in the early voting states. Not tethered to a day job, O’Rouke has been everywhere. He’s done 200 more events than the next-most-active candidate, Pete Buttigieg. Notably, O’Rourke didn’t have the in-person fundraising burdens of several others. He held just eight.

Sen. Bernie Sanders
116 total campaign days
54 days on the road — 47 percent of days
Events: 112
Non-fundraisers: 109
Fundraisers: 3
Early voting state days: 29
Early voting state events: 83

Analysis: Bernie Sanders is showing a kind of dual focus, with one eye on later dates. While storming early voting states — packing a ton of events into fewer days than anyone else — he’s keeping close tabs on California, which votes March 3 — and earlier by mail. Sanders, who stumped across the corners of the state in 2016, is applying that blueprint to 2020: His town halls and rallies from Pasadena to San Jose to Santa Monica are the most of any candidate, including Californian Kamala Harris. Meantime, two of his three “grassroots” fundraisers — events open to the media — were in California.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren
116 total campaign days
58 days on the road — 50 percent of days
Events: 103
Non-fundraisers: 103
Fundraisers: 0
Early voting state days: 32
Early voting state events: 58

Analysis: Rival campaigns scoffed when Elizabeth Warren swore off traditional high-dollar fundraisers. Yet the jeering stopped after she raised $19 million in the second quarter of the year. With freedom to roam, Warren is stretching the map: She hit 20 states between April 25 and Aug. 19, from Trump Country in West Virginia to Minnesota, a state Donald Trump is trying to flip in 2020 — 12,000 people turned out to see Warren there. Warren’s public event tally doesn’t account for every public stop, so it likely undercounts her stops compared with some others'. In a summer where nobody has landed a glove on her, Warren has gotten her town hall meetings down to a science: She took more than 300 audience questions and 25,000 selfies, according to her campaign.

Jesus christ those fundraiser numbers for every candidate but Bernie Warren and Beto are absurd.

Also interesting is that Bernie is spending less time traveling compared to others. I wonder if that's a choice or an artifact of his campaign style. Maybe he doesn't need to travel to those damned fund raisers at rich donors houses.

EDIT: Also Biden

https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/1167105459901337600

Hmm yes, the guy that helped build the camps will now shut them down.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 29, 2019

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

Oh big same, but I'm pretty sure I'm compos mentis, unlike Joe there

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Also interesting is that Bernie is spending less time traveling compared to others. I wonder if that's a choice or an artifact of his campaign style. Maybe he doesn't need to travel to those damned fund raisers at rich donors houses.

If you're drawing big crowds I'd imagine that you'd have to spend more time on a single event and thus wouldn't have the ability to hop around like crazy.

overmind2000 posted:

You could just call this Super Jeb! 2. And this is to go even further beyond...

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
I'm glad gabbard didn't make the next debate but yang did

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Typo posted:

This but for Castro over Steyer

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Typo posted:

I'm sad that Yang made any debates, but it is somewhat amusing.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/1167119563349221378

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

This can't go on much longer, surely. This is elder abuse or some poo poo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Biden draw the rhino

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/1167105459901337600

Hmm yes, the guy that helped build the camps will now shut them down.

He would try to close them, the Republicans would call him soft on immigration, and he'd cave, then get bargained down to keeping the camps open, but the kids will have blankets.

Then he'd ask mcconnel for advice on judges to nominate.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1167126095889686531

3 hours of hell

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
God debates are so loving dumb.

I think candidates should have unlimited time to answer question but their mic gets cut off the second they go off topic.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

I would say Trump's one small feature of political aptitude is dunking on obvious primary losers, but it's probably not even aptitude. More like a lucky break where his pettiness intersects with the exact point a break in decorum appeals to some segment of the voting public.

Typo posted:

I saw a "Yang Gang" bumper sticker in the wild yesterday. Frankly, I'm glad to see him rising in polls too. Him putting UBI in the national discourse is a more valuable contribution than any non-Bernie candidate has offered up this primary. The longer he sticks around, the better chance of it becoming a party-wide feature, a la medicare for all.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Mahoning posted:

G*d debates are so loving dumb.

Agree with this. There's nothing to debate: G*d is great

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Blind Pineapple posted:

I saw a "Yang Gang" bumper sticker in the wild yesterday. Frankly, I'm glad to see him rising in polls too. Him putting UBI in the national discourse is a more valuable contribution than any non-Bernie candidate has offered up this primary. The longer he sticks around, the better chance of it becoming a party-wide feature, a la medicare for all.

The ideal situation is that Yang gets enough attention to keep UBI in the discourse, but not so much attention that any of the actual details of his awful trojan horse plan get calcified.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Blind Pineapple posted:

I would say Trump's one small feature of political aptitude is dunking on obvious primary losers, but it's probably not even aptitude. More like a lucky break where his pettiness intersects with the exact point a break in decorum appeals to some segment of the voting public.

Except he's also putting "a small UBI means [ cutting | replacing ] all social programs!" in the public discourse.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Lumpy posted:

Except he's also putting "a small UBI means [ cutting | replacing ] all social programs!" in the public discourse.

In my experience, his new supporters don't really know anything besides "$1000 a month."

Of course the goal is to keep UBI in the discourse, and discard Andrew Yang once it gets sufficient traction.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Thoom posted:

The ideal situation is that Yang gets enough attention to keep UBI in the discourse, but not so much attention that any of the actual details of his awful trojan horse plan get calcified.

Gonna be real funny/sad when Yang wins has enough delegates at the Democratic National Convention to get his version of UBI added to the campaign platform like those Ron Paul people tried to do with raw milk in 2012.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Terror Sweat posted:

True, but he used to be and a lot of his quotes are from back then.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Did joe have to borrow that money from obama before or after the aca went through? How hosed is it that your signature piece of legislation is so lovely that it doesn’t even help your goddamn Vice President

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Terror Sweat posted:

Did joe have to borrow that money from obama before or after the aca went through? How hosed is it that your signature piece of legislation is so lovely that it doesn’t even help your goddamn Vice President

Really, it's Joe's fault for not being rich enough.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Terror Sweat posted:

Beau Biden didn't resign as Delaware's Attoney General, so Biden never actually needed to ask Obama for money. Also that whole anecdote is extremely hard to believe IMO. I suspect that the AG of a US State has gold plated health insurance even if forced to retire for medical reasons.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
Breast milk is usually better than formula, and comes unpasteurized. Why do you want babies to suffer? Do you work for the melamine lobby?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Pussy Boss posted:

Beau Biden didn't resign as Delaware's Attoney General, so Biden never actually needed to ask Obama for money. Also that whole anecdote is extremely hard to believe IMO. I suspect that the AG of a US State has gold plated health insurance even if forced to retire for medical reasons.

i can tell you from first hand experience state employee health plans are mediocre at best

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

I can't wait to see who he mistakes for the President and what website Joe tells us to go to after three straight hours of debating.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

no thanks I'd literally rather die than watch a 3 hour debate

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
im gonna watch, but pray for death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014