Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ebola Roulette posted:

I thought the whole point of getting with an older guy was because he had his poo poo together. If you're going to be with a grown adult child get with one 15 years younger than you Jesus Christ. Although a 20 year old would probably be more together than this manbaby.

The lady doesnt have some daddy issues, she has the entire print run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I (M28) broke up with my ex-fiancée (F27) of 4 years 2 weeks ago after catching her in a huge lie and then finding out 3 days ago that she commited suicide because i wouldn't take her back. I am in need of some serious advice as i'm being blamed for everything.

quote:

Hey guys,

I need some serious advice as i'm pretty much being cornered by basically everyone and i really don't know what else to do as my mental state is declining and i'm left wondering if it's really all my fault?

A little background:

Me and my ex-fiancée had been together for almost 6 years and engaged for 4 out of those 6 years. I was introduced to her by a close friend at a party and we just clicked. She was attractive, had a great personality and had similar hobbies as me which made it perfect.

Back in April of this year i started noticing little changes in her, she started wearing more revealing clothes to work, started putting more make-up and etc. Tbh i had no problem with any of that stuff as it's her body, she can wear whatever and put how ever much make-up she wanted to but what made things worse for me was when she started coming home late from work or how instead of spending the weekend off with me (we both had weekends off from work) she instead was always going out. I once had asked her why she never invited me to come out with her to which she replied that it's only girls night out and that her other friends would not be happy if i tagged along as they were not bringing their own bf with them.

It all came crashing down when me and her had a huge fight in June because she decided that instead of going out on a date with me she told me how she already had made plans with her friends and that it was rude of her to cancel. That was it for me, i loving blew up at her and we had huge fight which resulted in her packing her bags and leaving. I didn't hear from her for almost a week, none of her friends knew where she was and heck none of her folks even knew what was going on until she finally contacted me and wanted to talk.

Imagine my surprise when she confessed to me that there was another guy involved and how all this time she was hanging out with him when all this time she was lying to me about hanging with her friends. I loving blew up, i wanted nothing to do with her and was going to break up with her until she got on her knees and begged me to give her a second chance which my dumbass self did but only after she revealed everything to me and she did. It made me loving sick to my stomach but in the end i forgave her and told her to delete all contact with the other guy and that i expect her to have no contact with him going forward which she promised and things kinda went back to before.

Heck, we were even spending more time together but that feeling, that trust wasn't there anymore.

Everything was kinda OK until 2 weeks ago a friend of mine who was visiting another city which was 3 hours from where i lived sent me a picture with the message "Sorry bro" that broke my already broken heart into a billion of little pieces. The picture was of my ex-fiancée at a mall 3 hours away from where we lived holding hands with some stranger who i didn't know. I loving broke down, i was heartbroken. She was a bitch, a piece of poo poo especially since i thought she was at work while in reality she was 3 hours away holding hands with her lover.

When i got home from work i waited for her and right away confronted her which she denied and called me a psycho for not believing her and that i was a piece of poo poo for not trusting her until i showed her the picture that my friend sent me. Her face told me everything and when the waterworks started i knew that i had made a huge mistake in taking her back so i ended it.

She cried and loving begged me to think it over and not to throw away everythink that we have together which made me loving angry and i'm not going to lie but i loving slapped her. I was not proud, i'm still not but she saying poo poo like not to throw away everthing when it was her who threwaway everything pissed me off.

I told her to pack her poo poo and leave, called her parents and mine and told them everything, her parents came to help her and i told them to basically gently caress off after they told me to think it over and to make the right decision before actually ending it. She begged me not to end things but i did, had to for my own piece of mind.

I did not hear from her or her parents until 3 days ago when my parents called me to let know that ex-fiancée had comitted suicide. Her parents found her hanging and she had left a letter apologising to everyone including my parents and me and how she is sorry from the bottom of her heart for what she did to me and that how she can't live without me and because of that she ended it.

I am at a loving lose, ex-fiancée friends and family are blaming me and my own mother told me that it was my fault, she told me that i should have forgiven her since i'm clearly worth comitting suicide over.

I am loving disgusted, i have currently taken some time off from work and have not a single clue what to do.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for being unsympathetic to a waitress who knew my daughter?

At least the waitress getting poo poo on by two generations of Zara’s family justified the incredible amount of spit the mom ate during dinner.

GamingHyena fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 4, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only way to win here is not to grow the spine you should have the first time but instead become the biggest rear end in a top hat you can be. When someone says "she killed herself for you!" all you have to say "it is the least she could have done"

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Xik posted:

Ten hours to make a lasagna? Did he grow the loving wheat himself or what?

e: But all gifts are an act of aggression so technically he is in the right here sorry everyone

If you do something like this, it can run you five or six hours all told, but 10 seems like a lot.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Coredump posted:

I (M28) broke up with my ex-fiancée (F27) of 4 years 2 weeks ago after catching her in a huge lie and then finding out 3 days ago that she commited suicide because i wouldn't take her back. I am in need of some serious advice as i'm being blamed for everything.

The ex's friends and family acting like that is understandable, but the guy's mother blaming him for breaking up with a cheat? Really sorry it's taken until now to realise his mother is garbage.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Coredump posted:

I had sympathy until he hit her.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

La Brea Carpet posted:

I want to break up with my bf because of his severe nut allergy

I like this one, because she specifically blames his allergy for the problem and then rattles off like 10 things she's allergic to.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Dienes posted:

I mean that's real bad, but it's still no where near his fault and his own mother blaming him is loving insane.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Barudak posted:

The only way to win here is not to grow the spine you should have the first time but instead become the biggest rear end in a top hat you can be. When someone says "she killed herself for you!" all you have to say "it is the least she could have done"

:drat:

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

La Brea Carpet posted:

At the very real risk of being insensitive and/or wrong, it sounds like the basic issue here is OP's undiagnosed or concealed eating disorder.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

quote:

I was not proud, i'm still not but she saying poo poo like not to throw away everthing when it was her who threwaway everything pissed me off.

"I'm so angry she made me hit her!" Infidelity is never an excuse or mitigating factor for violence.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Lucrece posted:

AITA for saying to my friend who used to be into me that I "wish I could find a guy like him"?

12 days ago this one posted about how she had a boyfriend of two years and and had just found out she used to sleep with her boyfriend's bully so........

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Dienes posted:

If it was just one really hard slap, I could at least understand his anger in the moment after being made a fool of twice. But if he's admitting to one thing he did as a cover for other things he's not putting in that post, then yeah, that's absolutely wrong. And if she was still begging for him to take her back after all that, then that's really hosed up.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

GamingHyena posted:

At least the waitress getting poo poo on by two generations of Zara’s family justified the incredible amount of spit the mom ate during dinner.

Technically, the lessons of "Waiting..." don't apply here (don't gently caress with the people making your food), since the waitress was hostile first. But any spite on her end was retroactively justified.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

quote:

AITA for being unsympathetic to a waitress who knew my daughter?
OP and her golden child sound loving charming.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Coaaab posted:

If it was just one really hard slap, I could at least understand his anger in the moment after being made a fool of twice. But if he's admitting to one thing he did as a cover for other things he's not putting in that post, then yeah, that's absolutely wrong. And if she was still begging for him to take her back after all that, then that's really hosed up.

Plenty of people get angry without assaulting anyone. I'm not saying she wasn't a piece of poo poo or that he is at fault for the suicide, just that he's a piece of poo poo too and I'm okay with him being miserable.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Dienes posted:

Plenty of people get angry without assaulting anyone. I'm not saying she wasn't a piece of poo poo or that he is at fault for the suicide, just that he's a piece of poo poo too and I'm okay with him being miserable.
Yeah, I'm gonna walk back that post, a slap like that could have potentially killed her or at least knocked her out, which is gross. My apologies.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What's the list of non violent people that can be justifiably punched?

Is it just racists?

e: I don't approve of his smack. This is just out of curiosity.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Bored posted:

I don't like your vernacular.

Me, M, a cool poster, too old for the internet, is being attacked by another poster, unknown, and now I'm sobbing and heaving in a corner, what do I do

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Patrick Spens posted:

If you do something like this, it can run you five or six hours all told, but 10 seems like a lot.

The recipe also doesn't seem to include time for making the pasta from scratch which this guy did. It definitely took him all day and I don't think it's ridiculous for him to exaggerate it to 10 hours. Oh no it merely took 8 instead of 10, he clearly didn't do poo poo

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Barudak posted:

The lady doesnt have some daddy issues, she has the entire print run

I love this and i love you. :allears:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I know deep down in my heart that if a dude had cheated on his woman twice and she slapped him... I'd be ok with it.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Dienes posted:

I take issue with you putting them both on the same level here.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah if I had to choose between being slapped, and having my presumed lifelong partner abandon me for someone else, well, it isn't really that hard of a choice, even if I'd prefer "neither". I think it's reading too much to draw any conclusions about a pattern of physical violence based on his words but obviously that would change it.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Barudak posted:

Lasagna takes like no time to make other than, like, baking and its a cheap romantic dinner
Sounds like you've never made lasagna. It's a pain in the rear end.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Coredump posted:

I know deep down in my heart that if a dude had cheated on his woman twice and she slapped him... I'd be ok with it.

I've had this same thought while thinking about this story too. Which is making me think twice about calling him a complete piece of poo poo based on this info alone.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

How to Make Matty Matheson's "Guaranteed To Get You Laid" Lasagna
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZPkIPfnzqs

Looks like it could take some time to put together. Prolly mad the guarantee didn't work.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Leon Einstein posted:

Sounds like you've never made lasagna. It's a pain in the rear end.

It's really easy if you use the Sam's Choice recipe

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ouhei posted:

I've had this same thought while thinking about this story too. Which is making me think twice about calling him a complete piece of poo poo based on this info alone.
Well, the reasonable assumption is that the guy is bigger than the girl and could more damage to her than she could do to him, especially when you mix anger into the equation

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I like this one, because she specifically blames his allergy for the problem and then rattles off like 10 things she's allergic to.

My wife has some fairly annoying food allergies (Barley, Rice, Peanuts). Pregnancy did a number on her and she started having reactions to other foods (eggs, milk, corn, wheat, among others). It go to the point where her diet was extremely restricted and it was just as annoying and exhausting for her as you can imagine. Things got better about a year after giving birth to our son, but the experience has definitely made me incredibly sympathetic toward people that have to deal with this their entire lives.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
lasagna is nothing more than slop laid down in lifts and then thrown in an oven, it's garbage food for garbage people. Also permesan and ricotta are dogshit

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Coaaab posted:

Well, the reasonable assumption is that the guy is bigger than the girl and could more damage to her than she could do to him, especially when you mix anger into the equation

So what? The principle is the violence itself. For all we know the chick is an MMA fighter and the dude is an IT nerd. It doesnt become "less lovely" if the person doing the hitting is smaller.

Dont hit people, its bad

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lasagna is a pain in the rear end sandwich to make but it's a fairly easy cake to make

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

thatguy posted:

lasagna is nothing more than slop laid down in lifts and then thrown in an oven, it's garbage food for garbage people. Also permesan and ricotta are dogshit

mods?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

La Brea Carpet posted:

quote:

there is literally no other reasonable way for me to get my protein except with 5 walnuts + a handful of peanuts a day, I promise

Is that actually enough protein for a human being for the entire day? I mean that's basically what they give you on a crappy airline

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

My pops is missing the top of one of his ears from where my mom either slammed the van hood on his head or the van door on his head.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

OctaMurk posted:

It's really easy if you use the Sam's Choice recipe
Baraduk probably thinks "making lasagna" means throwing a frozen Stauffer's in the oven.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

He's definitely garbage for hitting her, but acting like he's a serial abuser because he did it after she cheated on him twice is kinda silly

Like, you should never hit your partner unless you are actually in danger and it's self defense, but hitting her after that doesn't mean he's necessarily done it before

Anyway my take is that if you "can't live without" somebody in a literal sense, perhaps cheating on them multiple times is a bad choice

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Why exactly do peanut and tree nut allergies occur together like that? The two have nothing in common.

Sagebrush posted:

Is that actually enough protein for a human being for the entire day? I mean that's basically what they give you on a crappy airline

It's ~10 grams. 5 walnuts isn't really doing much, but a handful of peanuts is ok. She might be better off eating a cup of peas.