Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

That is not as good the original opening :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

That is not as good the original opening :/

Yeah, but I definitely wouldn't call it terrible either.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I like everybody roaming the streets and tearing up Tokyo with baseball bats but otherwise I would say the other intro is better.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The other opening doesn't even have all the loving characters

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Arist posted:

The other opening doesn't even have all the loving characters

The original correctly leaves out Akechi cause gently caress Akechi

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cool. Makoto, Futaba, and Haru are in literally one shot of it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Whats with the random rear end shot

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Arist posted:

But they're still in it?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
At least they're continuing the tradition of the rereleases having a shittier opening.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Macaluso posted:

But they're still in it?

Yeah, you actually get them in their Phantom Thief outfits this time and they're also in the 'walking around hitting things with bat' shot at the least.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

Whats with the random rear end shot

Are you familiar with Japanese gaming at all?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Arist posted:

That seems consistent with Haru's presence in the plot.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

CJ posted:

Is my browser acting up or is the animation meant to look that poo poo?

:emptyquote:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Are you familiar with Japanese gaming at all?

It's like the Hiimdaisy comic for P4. "Starting today, you're moving in with your uncle and cousin in Inaba, where you'll be living for the next year. But first, would you like to see a totally unrelated 15-year-old girl in a bikini?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

It's like the Hiimdaisy comic for P4. "Starting today, you're moving in with your uncle and cousin in Inaba, where you'll be living for the next year. But first, would you like to see a totally unrelated 15-year-old girl in a bikini?"

> Yes
Yes

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

TwoPair posted:

I like everybody roaming the streets and tearing up Tokyo with baseball bats but otherwise I would say the other intro is better.

Except Futaba, who has a squeaky hammer. 10/10

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
But at least the persona 4 scene was just a Rise soda ad. There's a lack of Yusuke compared to the first opening. RIP.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Still lol'ing at the shot of Goro and Joker lying down together and smiling.

They are unironically going to make him join the gang for real and be redeemed by the power of friendship. I cannot loving wait for that train wreck, inject it directly into my veins Atlus.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I'm glad they're making Goro the canon romance.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sydin posted:

Still lol'ing at the shot of Goro and Joker lying down together and smiling.

They are unironically going to make him join the gang for real and be redeemed by the power of friendship. I cannot loving wait for that train wreck, inject it directly into my veins Atlus.

Futaba and Haru will both apologize for being so mean to Goro

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It'll turn out Wakaba's death was just a prank. And also all the other people he killed.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I'm just happy to have a new meguro tune. that synth bass rules, but it's not exactly stretching lyn's range.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

YaketySass posted:

It'll turn out Wakaba's death was just a prank. And also all the other people he killed.

he was trying to make them happier people and just completely screwed it up every time, big oopsies, very embarrassing

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
I am ready for the internet to lose its collective mind over Akechi, a fictional character, being brought back as a bro for Joker. this is gonna rule

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

How do I replace all characters with Makoto

Is that in the options somewhere

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like this intro a lot better than the original one. The original one "looks cool" but it has no relevance or symbolism to the game's actual themes and really feels like it was made before the entire script was finalized. (The street ice skating is really dumb and there's so many shots of it) This new one is fun and goofy and I love Joker and Goro laying down together and smiling.

Like the one time Joker is in a shot with another character, it's with Goro. I love it

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 12, 2019

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Just compare Goro with Vegeta in your head and the redeption is fine.

Joker is Bulma in this.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The principal/train scenes are still in so I don't think they're gonna retcon too much with those scenes considered. If anything, what I'm more disappointed with is how much of what's being shown is all the new stuff, because I'd really like to know if they're going to try and do anything to patch up the really rough writing spots in the original

Like, Goblet pt 2 sounds neat and all but man, the entire yacht dungeon could have used a lot more time in the oven

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

IceBorg posted:

Just compare Goro with Vegeta in your head and the redeption is fine.

Joker is Bulma in this.

I'm gonna have you arrested in real life for having the GALL to compare Akechi to Vegeta.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The most copied phrase in here is "Goro did nothing wrong." Not sure what the problem is, the popular opinion is right

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Macaluso posted:

I'm gonna have you arrested in real life for having the GALL to compare Akechi to Vegeta.

Akechi killed less people, for one thing, and intended to overthrow his brutal monstrous leader eventually instead of toadying the entire time.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I liked the concept of this opening more than the original, but in execution, it definitely fails.

Also no random rear end shot in the original op, so that's a plus for Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The principal/train scenes are still in

Were they in a trailer, or is this just your assumption?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Lord_Magmar posted:

Akechi killed less people, for one thing, and intended to overthrow his brutal monstrous leader eventually instead of toadying the entire time.

Vegetal is from a universe where a magic dragon has long since made death meaningless and was so powerful that there really wasn’t much choice but to put up with him until he eventually decided to become a halfway decent person.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I feel like Vegeta must have blown up an entire planet at some point in his career as a warlord.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he did! it had bug people

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Not a fan of this OP but I do think the visual of the kids smashing up the city and it turning to treasures is cool and should've been in the original.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Oxxidation posted:

he did! it had bug people
Vegeta did nothing wrong

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm not sure why people think that goro fans want him to be fully redeemed and retroactively cleared of all wrongdoings...do y'all even understand what women find appealing about characters like him??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm not sure why people think that goro fans want him to be fully redeemed and retroactively cleared of all wrongdoings...do y'all even understand what women find appealing about characters like him??

Lots of fans want him to be redeemed, that doesn’t mean they all do. But yeah there are plenty of Akechi fans that want him to be redeemed. Or want his crimes minimized because poor sad soft boy uwu not really his fault.