Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
For real though ladies, if you were on a date and the guy tore up the menu and then magically reconstructed it in front of you would that be a turn on or a major turn on?

dudeness fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

chemtrail huffer posted:

My (32F) husband (36M) wants to start a 'restaurant for magicians', and it is tearing our family apart

I’m reading this while drunk in a bar and trying not to burst into open hysterics.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

chemtrail huffer posted:

My (32F) husband (36M) wants to start a 'restaurant for magicians', and it is tearing our family apart

Well, I mean it's better than a MLM scheme, but all of their cash and savings are going to magically disappear nonetheless.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

goethe.cx posted:

larry david has a reddit account now

AITA for (temporarily) taking someone’s speaker who was playing music in a bus

This isn't an rear end in a top hat, this is a hero!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
the best part of the restaurant for magicians is

quote:

a restaurant which, unbeknownst to the general public, is littered with magical props

the gimmick only works if nobody actually knows about it, but the gimmick also only works if people know that it's there

also, it's a date restaurant that you can never take the same person to twice.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Magic restaurant is loving killing me, I love it.

how the gently caress are the dates not going to notice literally every other guy in the restaurant doing the same bullshit magic tricks?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dudeness posted:

For real though ladies, if you were on a date and the guy tore up the menu and then magically reconstructed it in front of you would that be a turn on or a major turn on?

I would literally run because that is literally a PUA thing, doing magic tricks to impress the feeble female brain.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Chomp8645 posted:

This isn't an rear end in a top hat, this is a hero!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

I would literally run because that is literally a PUA thing, doing magic tricks to impress the feeble female brain.

Hi, I'm Vincent and I'll be your server *winks at man*

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder what would happen if you called the cops. Please note: I am not endorsing this course of action.

They tell you it's a civil matter. OR they come around to shoot the kid, your dog, and any neighbors who happen to be black. It's pretty much a tossup which type you get.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

LadyPictureShow posted:

[29/F] Might need to uninvite a groomsmen [32/ M] from our wedding

Jesus Christ, this guy is sexually assaulting women at every wedding he goes to, and the fiance still wants to give him a chance? If my fiance was still friends with someone doing that, much less wanted him to be one of his groomsmen, I'd be canceling the wedding.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Araenna posted:

Jesus Christ, this guy is sexually assaulting women at every wedding he goes to, and the fiance still wants to give him a chance? If my fiance was still friends with someone doing that, much less wanted him to be one of his groomsmen, I'd be canceling the wedding.

There was someone in my family that would get drunk and pull poo poo like that at every wedding/get together back in the 70s (and probably before). But nobody stopped inviting him because oh 'he's ~family~, it can't possibly happen again!"

Well of course he got hammered at another wedding, started harassing the bride's mother, and the bride's father cold-cocked him and laid him out in the middle of the dance floor.

He came around, got back up and demanded to fight him. That's what it took to put an end to inviting him.

So what I'm saying is, don't invite an alcoholic that constantly starts trouble at events.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

dudeness posted:

Or say you're a woman who really wants her date to not notice her massive lack of personality. Would levitating the date's coffee cup while refilling it be distracting enough to keep her date's interest?

Goddamnit I can't figure out how to work in the breakfast entree called "the Raspututi Fresh 'n' Frutti".

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

chemtrail huffer posted:

I'm not sure if this makes dog heelies sound better or worse.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

goethe.cx posted:

larry david has a reddit account now

AITA for (temporarily) taking someone’s speaker who was playing music in a bus

NTA until he locked it in his briefcase. Who the gently caress carry's a briefcase nowadays if they're not an rear end in a top hat?

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Sorry for multiple posting, just glad to have a chance to respond to this lightning thread without being 40 pages behind.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Straight White Shark posted:

also, it's a date restaurant that you can never take the same person to twice.

I have some good news about that part

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lucid Nonsense posted:

Sorry for multiple posting, just glad to have a chance to respond to this lightning thread without being 40 pages behind.

c-c-c-combo breaker

Now you're free to post without it being a multi-post situation.

e: fffuuuu

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
AITA for confronting my brother’s wife for taking a bit out of every donut in the box and leaving it in the living room?

quote:

So my brother bought a box of donuts, he put it in the living room for everyone to enjoy. I spotted it but goddamn I was already full from dinner.

1 hour later i’m feeling a donut. I go to the living and the box of donuts had vanished. I had a clue who took it but i didn’t say anything.

At night, i’m going to pass the living room to the kitchen and I noticed that the box of donuts have respawned. I’m excited af!!! I open the box, EVERY DONUT HAS BEEN BITTEN, not cut off, THERE IS ONE BITE ON EVERY DONUT!

I knew immediately that it was my brother’s wife. I got a piece of paper, wrote down that that behavior is not something you do and put it under the lid in the box.

I actually got torched for that. I’m baffled, maybe the way I let her know was wrong but I got my hopes up twice.

How I knew it was her: This has happened before. Sometimes the sweets has a bite mark and sometimes the sweets just disappear to their room. I know it’s not my brother. She loves sweets but when it’s for everybody, it’s inappropriate tbh.

What I wrote on the note: “For you who took a bite, take a hike, I know it’s you, i’m not a foo(l)”.

I was pissed. Don’t @ me.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lucid Nonsense posted:

Who the gently caress carry's a briefcase nowadays if they're not an rear end in a top hat?

People who have jobs and don't want to carry a giant purse?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Haifisch posted:

AITA for confronting my brother’s wife for taking a bit out of every donut in the box and leaving it in the living room?

A woman bold enough to mark every donut as hers is not going to give a flying gently caress what you have to say.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

spacetoaster posted:

People who have jobs and don't want to carry a giant purse?
Everyone carries a backpack or messenger bag now. Besides, what papers are you taking home with you to work on? Most paperwork is electronic now, and you shouldn't be taking work home anyway.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Everyone carries a backpack or messenger bag now. Besides, what papers are you taking home with you to work on? Most paperwork is electronic now, and you shouldn't be taking work home anyway.

Its for my apple and sandwich.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 19, 2019

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I'm a public school teacher. I keep my tablet, lunch, and stacks of papers in there. Also pens/pencils and stuff.

A messenger bag, any bag really, doesn't open up like a case does (and I hate rifling around in a loving sack looking for something).

derra
Dec 29, 2012

(From the wonderful Restaurant Empire LP)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

spacetoaster posted:

I'm a public school teacher. I keep my tablet, lunch, and stacks of papers in there. Also pens/pencils and stuff.

A messenger bag, any bag really, doesn't open up like a case does (and I hate rifling around in a loving sack looking for something).

It's weird that you want to flex on your students about being an important business person from the 70s as a teacher in the modern age.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Haifisch posted:

cut every donut away from its bite area without moving it around in the box, leave just the bite remains

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Three Olives posted:

It's weird that you want to flex on your students about being an important business person from the 70s as a teacher in the modern age.

Sitting on a backwards facing chair didn't work.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I think something abo6the 8 year old that put the cat in the freezer that people are not grasping is that this is the kid of a woman who leaves her kid with literally any adult she can find while she goes out with friends or whatever. It is super likely that the kid has been abused at some point, and at that poI don't think any of this is probably the kid's fault (at least at age 8). I had a close friend whose birth mother would do the same thing, when he was under 5, sometimes for days on end. Dont click the following if you don't want to be burdened with knowledge of abuse.

Sometimes would get left with tweakers that would sexually abuse him and who put out lit cigarettes on him over and over.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

LadyPictureShow posted:

There was someone in my family that would get drunk and pull poo poo like that at every wedding/get together back in the 70s (and probably before). But nobody stopped inviting him because oh 'he's ~family~, it can't possibly happen again!"

Well of course he got hammered at another wedding, started harassing the bride's mother, and the bride's father cold-cocked him and laid him out in the middle of the dance floor.

He came around, got back up and demanded to fight him. That's what it took to put an end to inviting him.

So what I'm saying is, don't invite an alcoholic that constantly starts trouble at events.

why does alcohol turn some people into absolute teddy bears and others into horrible monsters

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Grape posted:

why does alcohol turn some people into absolute teddy bears and others into horrible monsters

alcohol just reveals, it’s not like it can implant a new personality. that’s who they are all the time, it’s simply under control

yetmy3rdrereg
Sep 5, 2019

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

alcohol just reveals, it’s not like it can implant a new personality,

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

alcohol just reveals, it’s not like it can implant a new personality. that’s who they are all the time, it’s simply under control

Nah, it really affects people and changes their personality when used in excess.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
There is a difference between "getting drunk" and "drinking so much for such an extended period that it begins to alter your brain and personality".

yetmy3rdrereg
Sep 5, 2019
*british accent* n0t reallay

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
of course someone’s personality changes after years of alcoholism/bingeing. I am more talking about when someone gets blackout and does something like try to make out with their friend or screams racial slurs and then tries to weasel out of it by saying they were drunk and “that’s not me, I would never do that!” yeah, you wouldn’t sober, because you were restraining yourself. but if that’s what you do when your inhibitions are removed, that’s what you are deep down

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yes, but literally everyone has some level of evil in them deep down.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Hellblazer187 posted:

Whoa, deep man.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Hellblazer187 posted:

a good reason to not get blackout, then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've got a briefcase that if I had an excuse to use I would, but that's because it was my dad's. Sentiment > fashion.