Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like there should be a law about people having to work in a warehouse where it looks like it's on fire because of all the concrete dust in the air.

I mean there is, I'm pretty sure in that circumstance the employer at the very least has to provide lung protection.

The existence of a law about it doesn't mean the workers are in any position to actually ensure it's enforced though.

E: I can't find anything interesting about 1757 or 262 so have a cute tax:

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

I mean there is, I'm pretty sure in that circumstance the employer at the very least has to provide lung protection.

The existence of a law about it doesn't mean the workers are in any position to actually ensure it's enforced though.

Oh sure, just find it funny in a not very funny kind of way that they've been stuck in there about a week at work :v:

The builders are wearing dust masks, sometimes, but nobody else is.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like there should be a law about people having to work in a warehouse where it looks like it's on fire because of all the concrete dust in the air.
That would be The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations - Construction Dust: CIS 36

but also

thespaceinvader posted:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Which reminds me of a comment someone made that British fascists all think they're supermen because their powers are fuelled by the Sun.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Oh sure, just find it funny in a not very funny kind of way that they've been stuck in there about a week at work :v:

The builders are wearing dust masks, sometimes, but nobody else is.

Dust masks won't do poo poo unless they're proper valved ones, but a respirator would be better.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nah it's just the little cloth ones.

Fortunately I'm not there often but some people do like six days on in there.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Senor Tron posted:

edit: oh ffs, you can't see the full shot in the Twitter preview because of course you can't.

That gets my goat too. Is it a twitter thing though, or an awful app thing?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Imi_Ahmed/status/1174372578015797248?s=19

https://twitter.com/AndrewBartletta/status/1174373648964050945?s=19

https://twitter.com/AndrewBartletta/status/1174422791627640833?s=19

The celeb no trolls allowed team have made a stand.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

thespaceinvader posted:

Dust masks won't do poo poo unless they're proper valved ones, but a respirator would be better.

3M makes some that work fine for concrete dust. They’re not as comfortable over a day though.

Gonzo McFee posted:

]

The celeb no trolls allowed team have made a stand.

That’s embarrassing.

mediaphage fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Sep 19, 2019

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I want to live like gammon ppl

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

mediaphage posted:

3M makes some that work fine for concrete dust. They’re not as comfortable over a day though.

Yeah, as long as it's just normal concrete dust from drilling/demolition even one of those little surgical masks will be good enough as long as you don't have pre-existing conditions. If it's *cement* dust then a proper respirator (and eye protection) is required.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

E: I can't find anything interesting about 1757 or 262

The 19th September is the 262nd day of the year. :D

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

That gets my goat too. Is it a twitter thing though, or an awful app thing?

Twitter thing.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Chuka Umana posted:

Sorry Chuka you already do

Senor Tron posted:

The 19th September is the 262nd day of the year. :D

Dangit.

But that echidna is super cute so I don't know what to tell you.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Chuka Umana posted:

Are you sure you want to live like gammon people,
You want to see whatever gammon people see,
You want to sleep with gammon people,
You want to sleep with gammon people

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think rarity wrote a whole version of gammon people.

There's also the dutch wogan version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgcEXh7p7Bw

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
This is amazing.

https://twitter.com/keejayov2/status/1174657540388466689?s=21

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

There's also the dutch wogan version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgcEXh7p7Bw
She came from Greece.

That is a disgrace.

[end]

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

thespaceinvader posted:

Sorry Chuka you already do

Dangit.

But that echidna is super cute so I don't know what to tell you.

Cat just now next to me

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Guavanaut posted:

Five months after no deal brexit, the food has run out, medicines have run out, the NHS has been sold to Wal-Mart, and potable water is £1.20/l
*supreme court justice scrambles to the top of the rubble that was St. Paul's Cathedral*
Judge: The government acted illegally.

The more controversial the decision the more the judges will want to be sure they have covered their reasoning really really well. This decision will maybe be a little bit controversial however it is decided.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Twitter reckons based on the responses to Pannick's closing remarks that BoJo has, once again, hosed it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
First PM to lose all major votes and a Supreme Court ruling :grovertoot:

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Rust Martialis posted:

Cat just now next to me

> gently prod toes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

For someone who hates the EU so much he's working very hard to set the SI standard for absolute failure.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

First PM to lose all major votes and a Supreme Court ruling :grovertoot:

Has he actually won *anything* since the leadership contest?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The contempt of everyone?

Clarence
May 3, 2012

If they hadn't started their deliberations it's all in the air still. They just want to know how to move forward if a particular decision is made - that's got no bearing on whether or not that's going to be the outcome.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/markdavidthomas/status/1173225480650207237

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
The deliberations are over the weekend, but there was a lot of emphasis on the weight of pannick's closing remarks apparently.

https://twitter.com/DinahRoseQC/status/1174685669412786176

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Perfect av material

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

https://www.isfparty.com/

Ireland Simpsons Fans may have made a political party. Is this memes? Who knows. I actually don't know enough about Irish politics to say whether they'd make any headway amongst ironic teens disaffected with mainstream politics.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/19/ireland-simpsons-fans-started-political-party-give-voice-politically-homeless-10772665/

I don't know if this is going to split votes on the left, or if the left in Ireland is already so terrible that this may represent the great new hope. So far their content is migrants = good, landlords = bad, trans = good, tans = bad. They're 4/4...

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bobstar posted:

[Guy shooting other guy in armchair meme]

E: Wow that was low effort of me. There's even a generator, no need to open Photoshop

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

Actually it was a rehash of Billy Joel's classic which I called "Gammon Man". I'd repost it but gently caress knows which thread I did it in.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

The Irish left is split between Solidarity and PBP (two trotty parties in an electoral alliance), the social democrats, Labour (unreconstructed third way tendancy) and a handful of left leaning independents - together they command about 10% of seats, we recently lost two of the most high profile left affiliated independents who won Euro seats and thus by-elections are scheduled to replace them but I'd be surprised if those where filled by like minded individuals as that's a straight one winner race and a lot of their appeal is personal.

Then of course there's SF with about 13% of the seats and the Greens who are currently on 2 but expected to take more next election - how you want to place them on a left right spectrum is up to you but left leaning for sure.

Don't really see where the Simpsons party is gonna win seats tbh

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

winegums posted:

I don't know if this is going to split votes on the left, or if the left in Ireland is already so terrible that this may represent the great new hope.

It's the latter, in that the left in ireland isn't particularly strong. Not sure if this will change that but I admire their policy so far and they've stated on Joe that at worst they're in it to ridicule the right and try to steal their seats.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kustomkarkommando posted:

Don't really see where the Simpsons party is gonna win seats tbh

They're doing a Lord Buckethead :ssh:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Rarity posted:

They're doing a Lord Buckethead :ssh:

Aye it's a joke but too many people are already taking it fecking seriously

Also it rams home the arm's length disengagement from actual existing party politics I often get frustrated at with Irish people who love a good moan about no party appealing to them while tactically ignoring the actual quite good SocDems and at least decent Solidarity-PBP

kustomkarkommando fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 19, 2019

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

StarkingBarfish posted:

Twitter reckons based on the responses to Pannick's closing remarks that BoJo has, once again, hosed it.

I will laugh until my lungs fall out

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

CGI Stardust posted:

> gently prod toes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

> eat human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Rarity posted:

> eat human

Syntax error.