Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I (25f) had an allergic reaction and farted (a lot... in my sleep and woke myself up) in front of a new guy (25m) I was seeing and we never talked again. Did he run away because he was disgusted?

quote:

So a while ago I was seeing this guy I had met and it felt like things were going great. He lived over an hour away for work and came into my city for a weekend to see me and wanted to spend the whole day together walking around and exploring. We ended up not eating all day and at dinner I got this really heavy dish and something about the cheese made my stomach feel weird.

At night, we fooled around and did it. Went to sleep, I knew I felt bloated and gassy but didn’t think much of it. In the morning I woke up to myself farting I was SO embarrassed. I kept dozing off and waking up to the same thing, it happened 5-6 times really loud and just nasty but it wasn’t intentional. There was nothing I could do about it...

We spent the next day together and we did it again before he left the city. He made it clear as he left that he was probably going to be traveling and we wouldn’t see each other for a while. Well...we ended up just not talking after that.

Anyways fast forward.. I’m seeing someone else now but I found out he’s engaged to someone else. I’m wondering if the farting was that bad of a turn off for him that he would run? I can’t tell anyone that knows me about this because of how embarrassing it is but the thought lingers in my mind. I liked the guy.

TLDR: I farted in front of my new fling in my sleep and we never spoke again. Did he run away because he was disgusted with me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for monitoring my son’s shower time and making him leave the door open?

Edit: I meant “unlocked” in title. Not open.

Me, my wife and my (16 year old)son live in an apartment, so we share the bathroom. He always took long showers(30 minutes or so), but lately he’s been taking it too far. He gets in bathroom for an hour, two hours.

Last straw was few days ago when stayed there for 3.5 HOURS. That’s just not reasonable in my opinion. I told him that he wouldn’t lock the door from now on and if he took longer than 40 minutes I’d walk in. He’s not happy about it.

My wife thinks I’m being too strict and not respecting his privacy.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for throwing out my boyfriend's dummy?

My boyfriend (25) was into ventriloquism as a kid, and did it at a talent show. He bought a ventriloquists dummy, which he used pretty often between 10 and 13, and then he just put it down and never picked it up again. Since we started dating he learnt that I (23f) hate ventriloquist dummies. That one episode of Buffy freaked me out when I was a kid and a while ago we took my nephew to see Goosebumps and it, which has a ventriloquist dummy as the main antagonist, and it scared the gently caress out of me. My boyfriend noticed and made fun of me, and I explained it, and after that whenever we saw a ventriloquist dummy (which admittedly wasn't very often) he pointed it out and made a joke about it scaring me.

He went to visit his parent's at their house about a 2 weeks ago and found his old dummy. He took it back to our flat and while I was at work, he hid it in the shower. I got home, went to shower, and screamed when I was face to face with that thing. He laughed his arse off and eventually apologized and said he wouldn't do it again (I was really freaked out which gave way to being annoyed so he probably felt like he had to).

I thought that was the end of it, then the next morning I got up, went to get some cereal, and it was in the cupboard. More screaming ensued and another promise to not do it again. In the last two weeks I've found it 5 more times. In the laundry basket, in my work bag, in the wardrobe, the bathroom cabinet, and taped to the ceiling above our bed so when I lied back it was staring back at me. That was the final straw for me. I jumped up, yanked it down, and told my boyfriend that if I ever saw the dummy anywhere but the case he kept it in ever again I'd throw it out. He apologized again and agreed that he would cut it out. This last one was a few days ago.

Then this morning I got home from a graveyard shift (started at 9pm, worked until 6am), I was ready to go to bed, and when I got to the bedroom the dummy was in the bed, with its head against a pillow like it was sleeping. I picked it up and brought up snapchat, and I sent my boyfriend a video of me throwing it in the garbage, and then I went to bed.

I've woken up to a bunch of messages saying that the dummy had sentimental value and he couldn't believe I would of something like this, but I did warn him that if I saw that thing again I'd throw it out. It's literally just in the garbage can in the kitchen, and the bag has been recently replaced so the dummy is the only thing in it right now, but I refuse to go get it or apologise for putting it in there. I'm just starting to wonder if I've gone too far.

AITA?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Bought herself a one way ticket to "get murdered by a vengeful cursed ventriloquist dummy town"

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for throwing out my boyfriend's dummy?

I defaulted to the UK english meaning of "dummy" (pacifier) and was expecting some adult baby poo poo, then got genuinely confused by all the ventriloquism references for a short while.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yeah, it seems people think this is some fat slob of a kid, when in all likelihood he is a fuckin ripped swimmer that needs 4000 calories a day to function (he had TWO swim practices that day ffs)
4000 calories sounds low on a day with two practices, actually.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Me, my wife and my (16 year old)son live in an apartment, so we share the bathroom. He always took long showers(30 minutes or so), but lately he’s been taking it too far. He gets in bathroom for an hour, two hours.

Last straw was few days ago when stayed there for 3.5 HOURS. That’s just not reasonable in my opinion. I told him that he wouldn’t lock the door from now on and if he took longer than 40 minutes I’d walk in. He’s not happy about it.

While that is abnormally long, and randy teenagers take long showers for other reasons besides cleanliness, i get a feeling that he uses the bathroom as a sanctuary for privacy.

I would bet that he gets little to no privacy from his parents at a time of development, and the bathroom is the only place he can have it by locking the door.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Its creepy and weird and the most reasonable response was "yeah that's weird just buy a shower timer and set it for 30 minutes. Also, he's probably smoking pot in there."

Doesn't stop the technical correct brigade from storming in to say hes NTA his house his rules.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Pinecone Sample posted:

I (25f) had an allergic reaction and farted (a lot... in my sleep and woke myself up) in front of a new guy (25m) I was seeing and we never talked again. Did he run away because he was disgusted?

Uh... maybe? Probably? How are we, strangers on the internet, supposed to know the guy's thought process?

Cool gross fart story though.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for monitoring my son's shower time and making him leave the door open?

3.5 hours is excessive, but let your son jerk off in peace.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

If he insists on private time going over 30 minutes, force him to take a bath instead. Or make him pay the water bill.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mooseykins posted:

While that is abnormally long, and randy teenagers take long showers for other reasons besides cleanliness, i get a feeling that he uses the bathroom as a sanctuary for privacy.

I would bet that he gets little to no privacy from his parents at a time of development, and the bathroom is the only place he can have it by locking the door.

According to comments, he has a lock on his room door and dad at least claims to respect his privacy.

Might be something more serious going on, I've heard ridiculously long showers are sometimes a result of depression.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
A boy with his own lockable room has no use for showers for "personal" time, that's more a girl thing as I understand it.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

According to comments, he has a lock on his room door and dad at least claims to respect his privacy.

Might be something more serious going on, I've heard ridiculously long showers are sometimes a result of depression.

The twist ending will be narcolepsy.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my GF's daughter she's not my daughter so don't expect me to pay?

I feel really bad for this kid. No 12 year old with a troubled home life deserves a total lack of parental figures, including her mom's long-term boyfriend who is taking the easy way out by insulting her all day rather than manning up and being a decent human being. :smith:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Xik posted:

Trigger warning for any mums itt

AITA for telling my SO he'll need to limit gym time after baby?

But honey, I can't give up my g-g-gains for our baby!! This is why IUDs exist and are free under almost all health insurance... or why divorce exists. :eng101:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My (34/f) husband (37/m) pesters me about sex all day. How do I tell him that he’s annoying me and he needs to ease up?

quote:

Husband and I are mid 30s and have been married 10 years. We have 2 young kids.

Husband has a higher sex drive than me. It used to be the opposite.

Here’s my issue. When my husband wants sex, he will pester me about it constantly.

He will: -rub himself on me -follow me around the house doing this -grab on me -take my hand and rub it on him -tell me how horny he is at every chance he gets, etc.

I’m not a prude though it’s annoying to have him doing this all day. When the kids are up and about, it’s extra annoying because we don’t have the privacy to do anything.

I was putting dishes away earlier and I heard him walking up behind me and I felt a sense of dread because I knew what he was gonna do which was rub himself all over me. It’s cute the first time, but he’s been doing that since 7am and it’s now 10:30.

I get that he wants sex. And the first chance we get alone, I’m sure we will do it.

But how do I tell him that this is annoying and actually more of a turn off?

TL;DR: when my husband wants sex, he pesters me about it which just makes me irritated

Spray him with a squirt bottle.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Bruceski posted:

I'm not familiar with judo or the risks involved. Naturally people get injured by accident in this sort of thing, but is that something that can just happen or some Cobra Kai poo poo?

There have actually been studies! Competitive judo has an injury rate roughly similar to American football.

I've only been to a handful of tournaments, because I'm really lovely at martial arts and losing is pretty unfun, but every tournament I've gone to has had the following two things:

1) At least one occasion where a match ends with someone getting injured
2) Separate divisions for men and women.

At like ages 6-10 I don't think it's a big deal to have boys and girls fight each other. I really do not think it's appropriate at like 15 on up though. I do think if you get paired with someone in a comp, you have to give it your best and not go easy on someone because they are a woman - that's condescending. With jiu jitsu or judo, it really shouldn't be that embarrassing to get beat by a woman either - the entire point of both martial arts is to allow a smaller/weaker person to beat a bigger/stronger person with the proper application of technique.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
probably the best way to handle it is to do divisions that arent just based on body weight but height and reach. more egalitarian than just separating men and women no matter what. but all my sisters are nearly the same height as me so maybe I'm just used to women being 5'11 and working out more than I do

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My wife just got me deported to avoid splitting financial assets during divorce, am I SOL? (CA)

My wife and I married in Mexico but have been living in CA for 20 years, she is a US citizen an works for the state of CA and I have been doing "freelance work" ever since I moved here, both of our incomes combined allowed us to buy property in CA. However when our marriage went to poo poo we discussed selling the house, we actually listed the house and I told my wife that as soon as we had a buyer i would get my things in order and would back to my country, i was going to leave most things to her. (At this point i was just tired of not being able to go see my family, my kids had grown up and were out so I had no more business here).

Thankfully the immigration officer was pretty bomb when i was in custody and heavily implied it was my wife who called ice on me, anyway i got held up for a couple of hours and then they kicked me out. Since she left me with just the clothes on my back i'm seriously rethinking leaving everything to her, i want to know if I can pursue alimony if i divorce her. We are still legally married and she works for the State, the house was bought while we were married do i have any claim at all now that i am in a different country?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
What a monster holy gently caress

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Oh fair enough. Although i'd still not be surprised if he wasn't frequently pestered like them knocking on the door every 15 minutes.

You're right about the long showers. I do that, usually an hour or so. I just poo poo there in the shower and space out. It's a nice escape.

LadyPictureShow posted:

But how do I tell him that this is annoying and actually more of a turn off?

By telling him it's annoying and actually more of a turn off.

Seems obvious.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mooseykins posted:

I just poo poo there in the shower and space out.
Do you bring a potato masher?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Me [18M] with my girlfriend [51F],how do I introduce her to my family without having them freak out about the age gap?

I get that this might be a huge age gap, but please at least hear me ut. I met her a few months ago at my university while I had to take a summer class. She and I started dating, but we did not have any sex until I turned 18 a few weeks ago. She and I see wach other a few times a week and she lets me soend the night at her place on weekends if we both are free.

My parents know I have a girlfirend, but they have no clue that she is older than me. My family has been telling me that they want to meet her and I have been stalling it for a while now. I talked with my girlfriend and she told me that she would be willing to come meet my family, but that they migjt not agree with our relationship.

I guess I just want them to meet her. She’s a very nice, sweet, caring, and a good person. She also looks a lot younger than she is and it looks like she really takes care of her appearance and her overall health. How could I introduce her without causing any drama?

Tl:Dr how could I introducd my 51 year old girlfriend to my family without having them get upset over our relationship?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

What a monster holy gently caress

1) why the gently caress would ICE endanger a confidential source by telling someone who turned them in?
2) 100% chance the pig lied just to twist the knife in deeper
3) gently caress all cops, abolish ICE

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
She should cut and handle some really hot chillies with bare hands and then fondle the fucker and fingerpunch his prostate like a doorbell.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Me [18M] with my girlfriend [51F],how do I introduce her to my family without having them freak out about the age gap?

Have you considered lying?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

PMush Perfect posted:

No, i bring a citrus juicer.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

1) why the gently caress would ICE endanger a confidential source by telling someone who turned them in?
2) 100% chance the pig lied just to twist the knife in deeper
3) gently caress all cops, abolish ICE

there are multiple comments (mostly deleted) suggesting that this is exactly what happened, including firsthand accounts of people who had it happen to them

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I get that this might be a huge age gap, but please at least hear me ut. I met her a few months ago at my university while I had to take a summer class. She and I started dating, but we did not have any sex until I turned 18 a few weeks ago. She and I see wach other a few times a week and she lets me soend the night at her place on weekends if we both are free.

My parents know I have a girlfirend, but they have no clue that she is older than me. My family has been telling me that they want to meet her and I have been stalling it for a while now. I talked with my girlfriend and she told me that she would be willing to come meet my family, but that they migjt not agree with our relationship.

I guess I just want them to meet her. She’s a very nice, sweet, caring, and a good person. She also looks a lot younger than she is and it looks like she really takes care of her appearance and her overall health. How could I introduce her without causing any drama?

Tl:Dr how could I introducd my 51 year old girlfriend to my family without having them get upset over our relationship?

That’s some pro tier grooming

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

PMush Perfect posted:

Waffle stomp.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Harold and Maude come to life

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 22, 2019

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My wife just got me deported to avoid splitting financial assets during divorce, am I SOL? (CA)

So if the wife is a US citizen, but the husband isn't, and they had kids why would the husband not be entitled to residency at some point?

My (American) ex married an English guy and after 2 years i think he was granted residency, and has remained there after they separated.

This doesn't seem to add up.to me unless i'm missing a crucial detail?

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my GF's daughter she's not my daughter so don't expect me to pay?

Me and Diomara (12F) have had a rough summer. She's been more defiant than usual. I've been dating her Mom Mara (30F) for 2 years now. 9 moths ago, they moved in with me, Maple (33M). Both Dio and Mara have an on again/off again relationship with Dio's Dad (Dynasis).

I think this Sophocles play is apocryphal.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mooseykins posted:

No, i bring a citrus juicer.
:stonklol:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Mooseykins posted:

So if the wife is a US citizen, but the husband isn't, and they had kids why would the husband not be entitled to residency at some point?

My (American) ex married an English guy and after 2 years i think he was granted residency, and has remained there after they separated.

Being the right kind of foreigner goes a long way here.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Mooseykins posted:

I used to work with a woman in a similar relationship. Dude was in the country illegally to start (he didn't have to prove his visa status to get married in Podunk IA apparently). He got caught and deported several years later, leaving her with their 2 kids.

Edit: this was 20 years ago so I could be wrong, but I think what brought him to INS attention was them reaching out to ask how they could regularize his status, assuming the years of trouble-free residency and American kids would act in his favor.

wheatpuppy fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 22, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mooseykins posted:

The crucial detail is that this is America. The only thing we hate more than socialism is brown people.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
america is a devil nation

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

:wiggle:

Dazerbeams posted:

Being the right kind of foreigner goes a long way here.

Ah, i see..

wheatpuppy posted:

I used to work with a woman in a similar relationship. Dude was in the country illegally to start (he didn't have to prove his visa status to get married in Podunk IA apparently). He got caught and deported several years later, leaving her with their 2 kids.

Oh right. My ex and the guy were legit together for a couple years, including in the UK until her visa ran out and she faced being deported (LOL) then they went to the US, got married, separated in 3 months but stayed married for 2 years (i think?) for him to get residency.

Shame i didn't get to marry her. I could be living out my redneck fantasy lifestyle but instead i'm stuck in this gloomy shithole.

PMush Perfect posted:

The crucial detail is that this is America. The only thing we hate more than socialism is brown people.

Maybe i should try again, i'm very white, except when i'm in fancy dress as Justin Trudeau.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Hobnob posted:

I defaulted to the UK english meaning of "dummy" (pacifier) and was expecting some adult baby poo poo, then got genuinely confused by all the ventriloquism references for a short while.

So what do they call a ventriloquist dummy in the UK?