Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Ramos posted:

And squinting at that board, I can see a Soros spot next to the liberal starting square. And at the bottom left of the image of the board is the "Trump Card" which includes Donald Trump in a magic card.

Looks like a fine piece of trash here.

$25 to have your name printed in the book...and that's it

$75 for the 'personalised card' version

$100 for a personalised playing piece version

$200 for a signed version (max 100)

So the only options to get it, are all personalised, which as we all know always works well with actually delivering kickstarter products.

There is no 'just get the game' version.

The comments section is amazing though, he's got a whole 3800 followers on twitter and clearly thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and claims to be famous.

quote:

I've been asked for my autograph before. When a "signature" becomes an "autograph," that makes you famous.

Note, he claims to be the inventor of 'gothic chess' and so of course there's a square on the board for 'gothic chess stock' right next to 'google stock'! You'll be shocked to learn it looks like he created his own wikipedia page for it as well.

PST fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

JazzFlight posted:

But if we boycott Kickstarter, this incredible game will never fund! :(

Conservatives vs. Liberals Board Game
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/edtrice/conservatives-vs-liberals-board-game

Yeah, if you guys aren't reading the comments for this one you're missing out. Apparently this dude's claim to fame is being some sort of chess wonk and he made this game at the behest of his 3800 twitter followers, it's great poo poo.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

PST posted:

The comments section is amazing though, he's got a whole 3800 followers on twitter and clearly thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and claims to be famous.
Holy poo poo, you're right, he's gone mental in the comments providing evidence why he's an incredible Chess/Checkers genius who justifies a high autograph cost.

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/edtrice/conservatives-vs-liberals-board-game/comments

EDIT: beaten

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
This probably shocks no one, but there is no full page article of this guy in the 12/12/12 issue of the Philly Inquirer. None of the article titles for that issue have anything to do with anything this guy has claimed he has done, and his name isn't in any of the metadata.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

To think Limm was giving out signatures for just $2/$10. Coulda made a fuckin' killing!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

To think Limm was giving out signatures for just $2/$10. Coulda made a fuckin' killing!

Okay, but when Limm says he beat the world’s most powerful chess computer he means ‘with a mace’.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

https://www.chessvariants.com/large.dir/gothicchess.html

Gothic Chess appears to be a real chess variant, but mostly notable for, you guessed it, this dude being an rear end in a top hat.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Mors Rattus posted:

https://www.chessvariants.com/large.dir/gothicchess.html

Gothic Chess appears to be a real chess variant, but mostly notable for, you guessed it, this dude being an rear end in a top hat.
So the rook is the Gothic Castle?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Someone ask him his opinion on the Kickstarter union effort :allears:

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Rowan, Rook & Decard (Grant Howard, Chris Taylor & Mary Hamilton - makers of Spire) posted a very good, nuanced piece on kickstarter's anti-union attitude, and their own, currently running kickstarter for Heart: The City Beneath

https://rowanrookanddecard.com/kickstarter-heart-and-the-union/

Based on their previous days, they're probably down about £1k from people switching their pledges to £1. Hopefully those same people will follow through with backerkit and they'll make the money back after.

And here's a link to the kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gshowitt/heart-the-city-beneath/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Along the same lines as that conservative vs liberal game...

:thunk:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Imagine a scream shooting out smaller screams until a cacophony of noise drowns out all thought.
yeah same

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

quote:

People who say "This will never...." are people who don't realize it is the consensus of the people who say they want to see this that matters. The entire population of the world minus 1 needs to be against this to be a 100% guarantee it won't get funded. If the entire population - 2 gives $0, and 1 person gives $16,000 then it will get funded. So the nay-sayers can save time by saying nothing, because that is the same amount of consideration I will give your post. If it doesn't get funded in 30 days, it goes away. This isn't my life's work. It's a funny game my contacts on Parler have talked about with me. They suggested this to me. I'm not doing this to get rich, so stop commenting like that's what this is about. It's a 36" x 36" quad-folding board with funny "news bites" condensed onto 3"x5" cards that makes fun of our basically ruined Constitutional Republic. And because of the board size, and the graphics company that will do the final version of the board, it will cost $16,000 for all of the setup, pre-processing, and manufacturing. Don't like a roll-and-move game as some of you say? I don't care. Some people do like it. Some people have friends and gatherings and politically-orientation conversations that engage the mind. Some people do laugh at political satire when put into a meaningful context. Some people actually read Atlas Shrugged and will get the meaning of some of the commentary centered on characters and companies in that book. If it's not for you, move on. Bye. See ya. Don't try to impress me with your "superfunder" label, whatever the heck that is. I don't know. I came on this site yesterday for the first time at the prompting of my friends. If it doesn't get funded, I won't lose any sleep over it. The world will still turn. And you'll still insist there's a such thing as Climate Change even though the glaciers are growing in Glacier National Park, there's no longer a hole in the Ozone layer or Acid Rain, and only 4 out of 10,000 molecules in the air are made out of Carbon Dioxide, which was 18x times greater during the Cambrian Period, and more than 10x present levels for over 1 billion years of the Earth's history. But if you do have a brain, have funny friends who are sick of the 2-party bickering, and can't believe the media propaganda machine has twisted the 1st Amendment into the "right to lie"in order to appease their advertising puppet masters, then yeah, this game would be a big hit in your house. So it is for the people to decide. Time will tell. And take a hammer and go to the beach if you disagree, because you can go pound sand.

When you're extremely not mad about your Kickstarter making less than ten bucks on its first day.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

quote:

The world will still turn. And you'll still insist there's a such thing as Climate Change even though the glaciers are growing in Glacier National Park, there's no longer a hole in the Ozone layer or Acid Rain, and only 4 out of 10,000 molecules in the air are made out of Carbon Dioxide, which was 18x times greater during the Cambrian Period, and more than 10x present levels for over 1 billion years of the Earth's history.

lol yeah there's no longerless of a hole in the ozone layer, it has taken ~40 years to recover to a fraction of what it was before widespread use of CFCs and our lovely regulations allow continued use of legacy producers and will allow the release of thousands of kilotons of CFCs in the near future

and it also took ~20 years to curtail acid rainfall by less than 40% probably by accident and not deliberate action like, uh, agitation due to climate change and adjacent worries

*dusts off hands*

CLIMATE CHANGE: S O L V E D

BIPARTISANSHIP: A C H I E V E D

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Even a basic google of "glacier growing in glacier national park" showed it to be a lie. That and the line about "people with a brain" is just :discourse:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Tekopo posted:

Even a basic google of "glacier growing in glacier national park" showed it to be a lie. That and the line about "people with a brain" is just :discourse:

Yeah, even when this poo poo isn't 100% a lie, they're taking a line graph of glacial decline and zooming in to like a couple month period one year where a limited number of glaciers recoup a tiny percentage of their old mass before continuing to shrink rapidly, making it only 99.99% a lie.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy poo poo

PST
Jul 5, 2012

I'm sure everyone will be surprised that Mr Trice turns out to have a rich and extensive history of sockpuppets and self-promotion on wikipedia. And that he'll undoubtedly be delighted if anyone asked him why he doesn't have a wikipedia page.

quote:

At some point in time Wikipedia will just look foolish if they are the only one that doesn't have a Gothic Chess article.

Unsurprisingly the same self-aggrandizing language is all over his 'wiki war' or whatever it is they call it when someone goes on for years until actually being blocked there.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Kai Tave posted:

When you're extremely not mad about your Kickstarter making less than ten bucks on its first day.
Oh man, I really wish Fragmaster still posted here because that would be an incredible rant acted out in his voice.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

tag yourself i'm "people actually read atlas shrugged"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

i'm insisting this is about both sides while making something purely out of hard right jokes

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Mors Rattus posted:

i'm insisting this is about both sides while making something purely out of hard right jokes
look I'm looking critically at both sides by calling the left screeching hysterics out for the blood of unborn children, while on the other hand calling trump's tweets 'slightly pompous'

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Kai Tave posted:

If one person gives 16000 dollars, that’s called money laundering. I mean kickstarter won’t care because they get their cut, but you only pay 16 grand for a board game if you’re doing crimes.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
It's wonderful to watch bloviating right-wing pieces of poo poo exit their safe space and immediately pancake.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I also love how he apparently spent 80,000 dollars on making a chess set that was one column larger than normal and had two extra pieces.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Mors Rattus posted:

Yeah that jumped out at me, too.

Like, "BOTH SIDES ARE THE SAME except for the conservatives, who are right but that mr trump fellow is occasionally rude - but with justification, because have you seen the left?!?!"

PST
Jul 5, 2012

ding ding ding it's libel slander time

quote:

I showed this to an attorney today. He asked me to take a screen shot. He also agreed to represent me since this is NOT a platform, it is a PUBLISHER, meaning you can be sued for libel. Watch what happens next.

EDIT: Looks like he's reporting negative comments as Kai Tave has had 3 of theirs removed.

Now i'm not suggesting to sound the horn of goondor but, you know, if anyone wanted to ask perfectly reasonable questions about why he isn;t on wikipedia given how famous he claims to be, or checking his maths or anything...

PST fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 1, 2019

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

"An attorney says he'll take my money! That means you're wrong!" is my favorite of all the rich baby takes.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Imagine having the fuckin' time to go to a legal office with a screenshot of some comments on Kickstarter. Like obviously people who say that poo poo are lying but that side of it is so unbelievable

Even when I was unemployed I feel like I had better things to do

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

This is amazing.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
The best part is when someone points out that he is underestimating how much money he'll need and he tells the story of how he once lost $800,000 trying to arrange a stunt match with Bobby Fischer so he isn't worried about losing ten greens on KS. What a great flex.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The lesson here is that being good at chess has no actual bearing on any form of intelligence, just how good you are at chess.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

The lesson here is that being good at chess has no actual bearing on any form of intelligence, just how good you are at chess.

He's currently unranked in any of the world chess rankings, apart from maybe the one he invented himself, for which the proof was a website that is no longer active.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I like to be generous.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Ty lining up a new case, must be getting worried.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

PST posted:

EDIT: Looks like he's reporting negative comments as Kai Tave has had 3 of theirs removed.

Something something snowflakes and safe spaces

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Mors Rattus posted:

I also love how he apparently spent 80,000 dollars on making a chess set that was one column larger than normal and had two extra pieces.

EXCUSE YOU! That is LIBEL. He spent 80,000 dollars on making a chess set that was TWO columns larger than normal

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
Not to get too drawn into it, but Kickstarter is now one of the only ways us small creators can actually pay the bills, as standard releases are pretty dead - possibly because of KS or who knows, but it's how it is. So a Kickstarter boycott is hurting some of my chums in the industry (I don't currently have a KS on so I'm safe for a bit) so I hope they [KS] get their poo poo together ASAP for the sake of us. Most the smaller wargames companies are one or two people, a bad release or two away from going bust. All our stuff is produced in the UK though, and doesn't use non unionized China...

Here's one at the moment, sculpting and painting legend Paul Muller, highly recommend. Top guy and I've seen the minis in person and they're really lovely.

He sculpted a whole load of the first wave of Malifaux figures so let's get him over a few grand for these!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/midblightminiatures/journey-into-midblight

Monokeros deAstris
Nov 7, 2006
which means Magical Space Unicorn

Yeah, like, if the union doesn’t actively call for a boycott and if Jenna launches Glitch on time, I’m going to be backing Glitch. I care more about one of my favorite rpg writers eating than handing over the small amount of money. If the union does call a boycott, I guess I’ll up my Patreon pledge or something instead? gently caress Patreon too but not, at the moment, in this specific way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
There's also poo poo like Indiegogo. Just because nobody uses them now doesn't mean that couldn't change if people were mad enough with Kickstarter. In theory.