Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
my last comment on the dinojizzer is that at least he hadn't used his position of authority to coerce any students into this, looks like it was 100% above board except for the dom not turning on airplane mode before writing the real-fake blackmail email.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I think the thread lives on in the comedy gold mine but the images all died with waffleimages.

they are burned perfectly into my skull. everyone was so soft and formless, like playdough. the costumes looked insubstantial. the park was poorly maintained. it possessed an air of un-effort that haunts me to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I think the thread lives on in the comedy gold mine but the images all died with waffleimages.
PSA: there is a working waffleimages mirror and you can get a greasemonkey script to fix the archives to point to it, it's linked at the bottom of the page here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1844

It's certainly not official or anything, but it's pretty cool. It'd be even cooler if I could use my admin powers to fix the archives for real by hosting the images here and changing how the urls are rendered, but one thing at a time.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

my last comment on the dinojizzer is that at least he hadn't used his position of authority to coerce any students into this, looks like it was 100% above board except for the dom not turning on airplane mode before writing the real-fake blackmail email.

I know it's cliché to compare real life events to Black Mirror, but this was pretty much Black Mirror, just incompetent instead of actively malicious

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

𝓘𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮:
𝖂𝖊 𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖕 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖚𝖑𝖑,
𝐸𝓍𝓅𝓁𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓅𝒶𝓁𝑒𝑜𝓃𝓉𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓎,
ℌ𝔦𝔱 𝔬𝔫 𝔟𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔰,
ʀᴇᴍᴏᴠᴇ ꜰᴏʀᴇꜱᴋɪɴꜱ,
ℝ𝕖𝕗𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕦𝕝𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕦𝕞𝕤,
🄾🄿🄴🄽 🅃🄷🄴 🅁🄴🄻🄰🅃🄸🄾🄽🅂🄷🄸🄿,
🆆🅴 🆆🅴🅰🆁 🅳🅾🅶🆂,
𝙒𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙚𝙖𝙜𝙡𝙚𝙨,
𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚢...
We poo poo cum! ♥

Thank you, I'm going to needlepoint a copy and hang it in my bathroom.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Honestly delivery should be abolished unless it's only done on motorbikes or something. Just a colossal waste of resources to bring some cheap food to your door.

Are two stroke moped or scooters less pollutey than a car?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

cumshitter posted:

it's headcanon that your bathroom is decorated like an office. since your office is in a bathroom. that's a nice bit of synchrinocity, to me.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

monkeytennis posted:

I don’t think so. You can’t change your mind about being white and decide you’re black. It’s not the same as changing your gender at all. Also they’re a bully and now they know what it’s like to be on the receiving end. So gently caress them.

:whitewater:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

cumshitter posted:

carve it in wood and hang your poop knife and/or jeans off it

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

This thread moves too fast but the thing I find hardest to believe about the guy breaking up with his girlfriend of a year because she won't swallow is that it took him more than a week of being together to insist on it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [F 23] SO [M 23] has been promising to take me on a trip for my birthday, pulled out the day before and I had already gotten all my shifts covered.

My boyfriend "Tom", for two months now, has been offering to buy us tickets to go to LA for my birthday. In all my excitement I got all my corresponding work shifts covered so we could go.

For two months I kept asking Tom to make sure to buy tickets, asking what kinds of things are we gonna do in LA, etc. Every time he would tell me he's got a big surprise coming. Two days ago I double checked if we were going and he said "Yes!".

Last night I asked him again, and for apparently the first time in these two months he actually checked flights and the prices jumped up to $600. He told me "I'm not spending $1200 for you to go to LA. Cry all you want".

I am loving out $500 at the very least from giving away shifts I cant get back. I already told friends and family we were going on this trip and I'm SO embarrassed to tell them we aren't going because he couldnt bother to get tickets in time.

He said he was sorry but to be honest, I think he is just annoyed at my reaction and cant comprehend how hosed up this is. It's like he was dangling this treat in front of my face and then just took it away.

We have 10 months left on our lease and I have 4 days to do god knows what. This is so hosed up reddit, what do i do?

TL;DR: my boyfriend lied about taking me on a trip. Tried to buy tickets last minute but said "i'm not paying 1200 for you to go on a trip. Cry all you want" what do?

EDIT/UPDATE:

I did not expect so many responses and replies! I was almost considering deleting the post out of fear someone he knows might see this and reach out to him, but gently caress it maybe he will read it and get a wake up call.

Anyways, he went to his moms house for some unrelated matters and texted me "pack your bags" so I guess we are going? My head hurts and I dont know what to think, but I'm grateful for you all.

SIDENOTE: we've been dating for more than a year! Not 2 months lol sorry to be confusing

SIDENOTE 2: "Pack your bags" was definitely him saying we are going, but yeah either way

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

This is a thing that was actually written in TYOOL 2019.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

:rolleye: Other ladies in the thread, how many times did you get this ol' chestnut leveled at you in your teen years?

I can’t recall honestly. It probably happened more than once but if it did it wasn’t memorable in any way for me.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Is it legal in Arizona to offer topless haircuts?

quote:

I am a licensed cosmetologist and was thinking about offering topless haircuts. I would be doing mobile services, so going to the clients home or work. For sanitation we are required to cover the client but we are not required to wear an apron. As far as I know there arent any requirements for us to be covered. I have heard of places like this in other states and I think we have had similar things in Arizona but not with nudity. I obviously don't want to offer this and get into any kind of legal trouble if it is not allowed in Arizona. I tried to google it but didn't find anything helpful so I figured I would see if any one here would know.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

This is a thing that was actually written in TYOOL 2019.

what's better is that it's an exciting preview of the next few years. We're absolutely going to have a Republican congressman resign when someone leaks his venmo findom payments

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Like i said in another subforum here, I eagerly await a cheating scandal getting defused in the future because the partner is like "Yeah, Im into that"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

therobit posted:

A sick day is for when a human is sick or has a doctor's appointment. I have worked with people like her that for some reason use all their leave and then have to invent excuses to use additional leave. It puts a greater burden on everyone else. A dog died. You don't need a day off for it.

This is pages old but gently caress you.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [F 23] SO [M 23] has been promising to take me on a trip for my birthday, pulled out the day before and I had already gotten all my shifts covered.

My boyfriend "Tom", for two months now, has been offering to buy us tickets to go to LA for my birthday. In all my excitement I got all my corresponding work shifts covered so we could go.

For two months I kept asking Tom to make sure to buy tickets, asking what kinds of things are we gonna do in LA, etc. Every time he would tell me he's got a big surprise coming. Two days ago I double checked if we were going and he said "Yes!".

Last night I asked him again, and for apparently the first time in these two months he actually checked flights and the prices jumped up to $600. He told me "I'm not spending $1200 for you to go to LA. Cry all you want".

I am loving out $500 at the very least from giving away shifts I cant get back. I already told friends and family we were going on this trip and I'm SO embarrassed to tell them we aren't going because he couldnt bother to get tickets in time.

He said he was sorry but to be honest, I think he is just annoyed at my reaction and cant comprehend how hosed up this is. It's like he was dangling this treat in front of my face and then just took it away.

We have 10 months left on our lease and I have 4 days to do god knows what. This is so hosed up reddit, what do i do?

TL;DR: my boyfriend lied about taking me on a trip. Tried to buy tickets last minute but said "i'm not paying 1200 for you to go on a trip. Cry all you want" what do?

EDIT/UPDATE:

I did not expect so many responses and replies! I was almost considering deleting the post out of fear someone he knows might see this and reach out to him, but gently caress it maybe he will read it and get a wake up call.

Anyways, he went to his moms house for some unrelated matters and texted me "pack your bags" so I guess we are going? My head hurts and I dont know what to think, but I'm grateful for you all.

SIDENOTE: we've been dating for more than a year! Not 2 months lol sorry to be confusing

SIDENOTE 2: "Pack your bags" was definitely him saying we are going, but yeah either way

LOL there is a 99% his mom slapped him upside the head and told him he was an idiot when she found out he reneged on a promised vacation. There is a 20% chance that whatever she said to in touched on him not being able to do better on account of him being an idiot, so he better not let her get away.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

Youve had years to come up with it and this is the cover story youre going with for your prostitution business?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pinecone Sample posted:

Just wanna cover my tits in tiny hair clippings and swing them around like Sexy Cousin It.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Midnight Voyager posted:

Just wanna cover my tits in tiny hair clippings and swing them around like Sexy Cousin It.

if she's breastfeeding it's an easy source of bezoars. can work all kind of magicks with them shits.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for eating my all of wife's toblerone, then buying a new one?

Yesterday a mutual friend came over and gave her a gift of a Toblerone from his holiday in Switzerland. She agreed I could have some so I did. She's out for a for days and my temptation got the best of me, so I ate the rest of an almost full packet.

She has a habit of leaving food out to spoil, so I assumed it was all good to eat, but she sent me a message to make sure that there's some of the chocolate left for her. gently caress, it was already gone, so I've just rushed to the shop to get a new one in expectance that I'm a dead man when she gets back.

She once flipped out at me for eating her year old decorative pasta, so I'm not taking chances.

Toblerone is replaced - with even more than there was previously. Not sure if I should put it in the Swiss packaging or apologize and just tell her that I bought I new one. For now I'm keeping quiet, like a parent discovering the dead goldfish and doing the ol' switcheroo. I'm in the UK btw, so the recipe is exactly the same as the one's in Switzerland.

AITA?

Also, she religiously reads this sub, so if she comes across this - G, I love you and I hope you forgive me like you did with the pasta.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Son of a gun, party sub man found himself a wife

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

Toblerone is gross btw.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I got my nipples re-pierced even though my boyfriend has requested I don't?

So I (21F) had my nipples pierced when I was 19 years old. I absolutely loved them, they made me love my body and feel sexy, which is something I've always struggled with. I had to take them out after about 7 months when I got an MRI done, and they closed up before I had a chance to get them put back in. It's been about a year and a half since then, and my boyfriend (22M) and I have been together for eleven months, so he has never seen me with them.

I've got a couple of piercings on the back end of healing, and I've mentioned to him that once they heal fully, I plan to get them re-pierced. I've mentioned this a couple of times, and every time he's responded with "no" or "don't do that". He only ever talks about how this will affect him. He's argued that if I get my nipples pierced again, then it would mean an extended period of time during which he can't lay his head on my chest, or play with my nipples/breasts during sex. He also says that after they're done, they'd hurt his teeth.

I've pointed out to him that I have other piercings in places that he puts his mouth, and not only has neither he nor anyone else complained about them hurting people's teeth - even when I've asked. Also, our sex life generally doesn't involve my tits - about 90-95% of the time we're having sex, they aren't touched, let alone sucked on, so it wouldn't be a big deal for him. Moreover, it's something that makes me love my body more, and I feel he should be willing to slightly alter the way we cuddle for the sake of my self-esteem.

I understand that I'm free to do whatever I want with my body, but I'm also aware that all actions have consequences. WIBTA if I got my nipples pierced again even though my boyfriend has explicitly said he doesn't want me to?

​TL;DR I want to get my nipples pierced, boyfriend is upset about how it will affect him

​EDIT: I'm aware that it's my body my choice - I'm asking if I'm the rear end in a top hat for going ahead and doing something my boyfriend has explicitly asked me not to. Even if it doesn't impact him in any significant way, it does impact him to a degree and that's why I'm asking

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

The Bramble posted:

She’s always been a normal girl, she’s the love of my life and the mother of my child, but she’s an insane person on the internet.

Seemingly Mentally Ill Internet Commenter Presumably Functions In Outside World

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

LadyPictureShow posted:

:rolleye: Other ladies in the thread, how many times did you get this ol' chestnut leveled at you in your teen years?

it's the main reason I wasn't diagnosed with bipolar until I was 30.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

DemoneeHo posted:

OP's stupidity is so staggering that i cant really tell if it's real or fake

AITA for making jokes about my teen daughter’s vegan diet?

Even the mods there know this guy loving sucks.

quote:

Your post has been removed.

This post violates part of Rule 8: Don't submit awfulbrag stories where you are obviously the rear end in a top hat. When making a post, you should be seeking arbitration in an ambiguous situation. Threads with obvious outcomes are not interesting to our subscribers.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

Youve had years to come up with it and this is the cover story youre going with for your prostitution business?

Hey the fee is just for the girl to show up and cut your hair anything after that is a mutually agreed upon service between the client and the hairdresser.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Bald man in wraparound sunglasses: Hey anyone know where a guy can get a haircut around here? I'm really in the mood for a haircut.

Topless hairdresser: gently caress off, pig.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Yesterday a mutual friend came over and gave her a gift of a Toblerone from his holiday in Switzerland. She agreed I could have some so I did. She's out for a for days and my temptation got the best of me, so I ate the rest of an almost full packet.

She has a habit of leaving food out to spoil, so I assumed it was all good to eat, but she sent me a message to make sure that there's some of the chocolate left for her. gently caress, it was already gone, so I've just rushed to the shop to get a new one in expectance that I'm a dead man when she gets back.

She once flipped out at me for eating her year old decorative pasta, so I'm not taking chances.

Toblerone is replaced - with even more than there was previously. Not sure if I should put it in the Swiss packaging or apologize and just tell her that I bought I new one. For now I'm keeping quiet, like a parent discovering the dead goldfish and doing the ol' switcheroo. I'm in the UK btw, so the recipe is exactly the same as the one's in Switzerland.

AITA?

Also, she religiously reads this sub, so if she comes across this - G, I love you and I hope you forgive me like you did with the pasta.

Who goes all the way to Switzerland, a country renowned for its chocolate, and buys loving Toblerone?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

AITA for turning off my cochlear implant so I don't have to hear my spouse when were arguing?
u/Alwayshasquestion2h
I don't believe that arguing when you're heated accomplishes anything. So whenever we have an argument and we're kind of mad at one another I just remove it and stop listening. My spouse says it's really rude every time, but I think it helps us until we're both calm.

One cool trick to completely make yourself look like an rear end 100 percent of the time! Wives hate this!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cacator posted:

Who goes all the way to Switzerland, a country renowned for its chocolate, and buys loving Toblerone?

Someone who knows the person theyre buying it for has a husband who will eat a childs macaroni art project if left unsupervised

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Cacator posted:

Someone who picked it up at a gas station because they didn't feel like getting them an actual souvenir.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
loving what? decorative what? pasta is a food. you don't decorate with food. i am going to start horsewhipping people if this poo poo continues.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

loving what? decorative what? pasta is a food. you don't decorate with food. i am going to start horsewhipping people if this poo poo continues.

Are you the guy who ate the pasta in the jars in the lobby at Olive Garden thinking they were breadsticks?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I lower the macaroni necklace into the pot, my gaze unbroken as I look at my heir, unsure and near weeping. He must learn our ways. "Pasta boilhulis"

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Pirate Radar posted:

Are you the guy who ate the pasta in the jars in the lobby at Olive Garden thinking they were breadsticks?

no but i did drink a bottle of ancient rose-wine destined for a pope, and in a panick attempted to recreate the flavors of the vintage I had drank with a handful of random ingredients I found scattered around a friend's house. Then I ate a coaster, thinking it was a biscuit.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
https://twitter.com/sixbrownchicks/status/1181763708856524801?s=21

https://twitter.com/sixbrownchicks/status/1181763711494754305?s=21

https://twitter.com/sixbrownchicks/status/1181763713675780096?s=21

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

no but i did drink a bottle of ancient rose-wine destined for a pope, and in a panick attempted to recreate the flavors of the vintage I had drank with a handful of random ingredients I found scattered around a friend's house. Then I ate a coaster, thinking it was a biscuit.

Knew where this post was going by "ancient rose wine" was amused anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

HOT BREAD! posted:

My [24M] boyfriend [27M] has turned into an anime character and I'm not sure what to do anymore.(self.relationship_advice)

Apparently this guest of his, this 17 year old female to male transgender kid, was someone from his friendship circle that is fictionkin to Ritsuka; Soubi's 12 year old lover from the anime.

I honestly can't believe I made it all the way through to this line.

"Fictionkin" to a paedophile.

Some days I just want to set the internet on fire.