Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

yeah it's when they mimic human speech, that's what you gotta worry about.
Oh, you've read Shirley Jackson's "The Beetles That Told Mary Mullen To Kill Herself" also?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh, you've read Shirley Jackson's "The Beetles That Told Mary Mullen To Kill Herself" also?

Or possibly “Pounded In The Butt By Beetles That Can Mimic Human Speech” by Chuck Tingle

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Vulgar posted:

Or possibly “Pounded In The Butt By Beetles That Can Mimic Human Speech” by Chuck Tingle

Its actually just the rock band "The Beatles"

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

TheKennedys posted:

this particular r/relationship hit the internet crossover singularity when it turned out phiz kalifa's wife knows dinosaur fucker and he's a Dinosaur Guy, not a computer toucher

IIRC, the wife has seen the video, but refuses to let it get out.

The guy is apparently well-known enough to appear in a few documentries.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Neito posted:

IIRC, the wife has seen the video, but refuses to let it get out.

The guy is apparently well-known enough to appear in a few documentries.

I know a few Dinosaur Guys peripherally and I'm extremely curious now.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Re: goose game

graey alien posted:
Oh heyyyy you, didnt see you there LOL Well, my story? Me Ashley Brooke heather all coming back from a second rate danceclub new haven ct. omg all dying in the ride from the fun stories about the guys of the night and also all absolutely dyin for really fresh tender goose meat. ash would NOT shut up about it and we so had a craving. i played it real cool like lol i dunno lol where could we get some? no where? then……when my absolut FAVVVVV regina spek. song comes on “UH hey babes *lifts up skirt* pushed a Goose meat slab slowly right out on the exterior of the backseat!! I had stored a bunch of fresh dark goose meat up my pussy before we left and had it up inside my pussy the whole night!! haha I was *goosh some out slowly to one friend* and then pointin my pussy at the other girls *goosh in her direction out the pussy* we were all howling with laughter and the grizly juices were pouring down our chins as we indulged ourselves some goose meat was still trickling out from the deeper parts of my Pussy when i get home. memories!!np – green day – time of our lives

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
What

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

:honk:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

green day — time of our lives

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I know a few Dinosaur Guys peripherally and I'm extremely curious now.

i think it's a fair assumption that if you knew who it was you'd have heard about it IRL by now. the whole social circle is just fuckin befuddled how to handle this

edit- the thing that kills me is that this dude is apparently otherwise normal. like just normal normal, not even normal by academic standards which is Bug gently caress Nutso Crazy to the real world. he just happened to be good with the handful of specific software that these academics needed, then by stint of prior expertise, managed to lamprey himself into the department without having had much in the way of academical training.
one of those self starting tech guys they don't make anymore. its like can you imagine finding out Dilbert owned a fuckin sex slave or something.

well no not dilbert, that wouldn't surprise me. i dunno, one of the office dudes? who's the least sexy guy on the office. him. if he had a sex slave, that's like what finding this out feels.

PHIZ KALIFA has a new favorite as of 02:57 on Oct 9, 2019

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

green day — time of our lives

Malachite Dragon is deaf and can’t appreciate the music tag as well as the rest of us

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
deaf people can rock out fine they just gotta cram a subwoofer up their keisters

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

deaf people can rock out fine they just gotta cram a subwoofer up their keisters

why do people gotta bring Morally Inept into the situation

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
E: nope you know what some roads are too long to walk down for a bad joke

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
coward

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Kins posted:

Neo Rasa posted:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

well no not dilbert, that wouldn't surprise me. i dunno, one of the office dudes? who's the least sexy guy on the office. him. if he had a sex slave, that's like what finding this out feels.

LMAO if you don't think Kevin has a pile of dead hookers in his basement.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Neito posted:

LMAO if you don't think Kevin has a pile of dead hookers in his basement.

Honestly it's harder to think of a supporting character that wouldn't have a sex slave and/or basement dungeon.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Scott Adams did.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Keru posted:

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Scott Adams did.

I put on my robe and pointy haired boss hat.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I recall a thread in the last year about Adams' 25 year-old girlfriend and shirtless selfies. That creeper definitely has a sex dungeon.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Venom Snake posted:

my only knowledge of sonic comes from 2007-2009 era youtube poops. PINGAS

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Sihtty mircales happen every day all the time. we may not even realize they are miracles because they are so common. you know how when you brush your dog that if you do it long enough you end up with a pile of hair larger than the dog, and yet the dog does not appear to have any less hair? dogs magically make extra hair when you brush them and will do so forever. now, this is scientifically impossible, but it happens all the time because it's a miracle. a lovely miracle. please list your favorite everyday, lovely miracles as I* am writing a book about miracles

:bernpop:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

I recall a thread in the last year about Adams' 25 year-old girlfriend and shirtless selfies. That creeper definitely has a sex dungeon.

The girlfriend was shirtless, or...?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

mind the walrus posted:

Scott Adams is a profoundly strange man. I would not be surprised.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

The (now-deleted) video on his (now-deleted) youtube channel where he livestreamed himself watching the election with her, him laughing, her openly crying, was one of the more distressing things I've ever subjected myself to

At best the dude's got zero empathy for other people as humans

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Somfin posted:

At best the dude's got zero empathy for other people as humans

Worse, like many engineer types, he thinks this is how it should be.

(Also, he thinks time and gravity might be fake, so....)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Scott Adams is a moron for a lot of reasons and he does hold a lot of genuinely stupid beliefs but I'll still never get sick of goons tripping over themselves to prove that they don't understand what a thought experiment is and claim stuff like "dilbert man doesn't believe in gravity LOL".

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Neito posted:

like many engineer types

Dude's an economics major with an MBA, he just likes to pretend to be an engineer

E:

food court bailiff posted:

"dilbert man doesn't believe in gravity LOL".

Dilbert man managed to put that whole thought experiment together and write a book about it without once considering the loving moon

Somfin has a new favorite as of 21:55 on Oct 9, 2019

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I'm legitimately glad that Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes were both done before the age of Twitter.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Somfin posted:

E:

Dilbert man managed to put that whole thought experiment together and write a book about it without once considering the loving moon

"A book about it"? It's like two pages in a single book and by the fourth paragraph it's pointing out problems and shortcomings of the model. Like, Adams is actually a crazy person and almost certainly a sociopath but don't talk so much out of your rear end.

e: like the man actually believes that he can think really hard and affect the physical world around him, you don't need to make poo poo up about him to turn him into a dumb rear end in a top hat

Rockman Reserve has a new favorite as of 22:08 on Oct 9, 2019

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I'm legitimately glad that Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes were both done before the age of Twitter.

Gary Larson is coming back, so now we get to cross our fingers and hope he hasnt become a brainwormed CHUD like most men of his generation.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Somfin posted:

Dude's an economics major with an MBA, he just likes to pretend to be an engineer

One can have the engineer nature wihtout ever having been an engineer if one is pedantic enough.

Scott Adams is a moron for a lot of reasons and he does hold a lot of genuinely stupid beliefs but I'll still never get sick of goons tripping over themselves to prove that they don't understand what a thought experiment is and claim stuff like "dilbert man doesn't believe in gravity LOL".

I am truly glad you are here to protect the man who writes cubicle garfield on something awful dot com.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I get really sad when I think of how Bill Watterson must feel about the state of things in 2019. Like he was ranting about brands invading people's homes in the 80s and now we've got fuckin Alexa reading bedtime stories to our kids

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Neito posted:

I am truly glad you are here to protect the man who writes cubicle garfield on something awful dot com.

the thought experiment understander has logged on

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Isn't Bill Watterson a recluse who despises those Calvin peeing/praying decals?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

"A book about it"? It's like two pages in a single book and by the fourth paragraph it's pointing out problems and shortcomings of the model. Like, Adams is actually a crazy person and almost certainly a sociopath but don't talk so much out of your rear end.

e: like the man actually believes that he can think really hard and affect the physical world around him, you don't need to make poo poo up about him to turn him into a dumb rear end in a top hat

The shortcomings of the model that he then explains away and ignores, and he never gets to the point of admitting that the model is actually, obviously wrong. In fact he justifies it by saying that no-one objected to the theory when he put it in his newsletter (as a comedy story from his cat, but he somehow expected someone to write in and complain about it if it was wrong anyway, and he takes this lack of objection as an indication that it's correct) and even gives the stupid loving thing a eureka moment origin story about sitting bolt upright in bed at 3am with the idea fully-formed in his brain. That's not the origin story of a stupid throwaway thought experiment.

Like, yeah, the book's basically just his bullshit brain droppings (there's a bit where he offhandedly mentions that the age of consent was raised from 10 to 18 by "our lawmakers" and nothing improved so some day they'll raise it to 120 what a fun joke) but the idea that he doesn't believe the gravity poo poo requires also suggesting that he doesn't believe in his affirmation poo poo or his master persuader poo poo.

Somfin has a new favorite as of 22:48 on Oct 9, 2019

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Gary Larson is coming back, so now we get to cross our fingers and hope he hasnt become a brainwormed CHUD like most men of his generation.
There is no way Larson isn't brainwormed.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

queserasera posted:

Isn't Bill Watterson a recluse who despises those Calvin peeing/praying decals?

Yeah, he specifically hated seeing all the suction cup plush Garfields inside other peoples cars. He never sold or authorized merchandise except for books of his comic strips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

purple death ray posted:

I get really sad when I think of how Bill Watterson must feel about the state of things in 2019. Like he was ranting about brands invading people's homes in the 80s and now we've got fuckin Alexa reading bedtime stories to our kids

I keep forgetting that he’s not dead

e: Jesus Christ he was only in his 30s when he retired the strip? Jfc

christmas boots has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Oct 9, 2019