Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Megillah Gorilla posted:

YTE - You're The Engineer.

I figured he had to be an accountant the way he's billing by the tenth of the hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think even if he married a robot it would be unhappy with him

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for asking my wife to workout on her own time and be honest about how long she will workout or is she the rear end in a top hat for doing it whenever she wants and lying about how long she will do it?

His post history is... something. Hoooo boy.

https://www.reddit.com/u/Throwrahelpme91/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
E: this is what happens when you don’t refresh.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for asking my wife to workout on her own time and be honest about how long she will workout or is she the rear end in a top hat for doing it whenever she wants and lying about how long she will do it?

Lol this guy is a nut, but my brother-in-law does this kind of thing and I can see how it gets annoying. They'll be getting ready to go somewhere, my sister will load their 3 small kids in the car, and they'll be sitting there waiting but BIL doesn't show. When she goes looking for him, he'll be like running on the treadmill or something and say I'll be out in 10 minutes. So they sit in the car waiting and he comes out like 20 minutes later. It's the kind of thing that wouldn't be a big deal if they didn't have 3 small children, but if you're making a 1, 3, and 5 year old sit in the car for 20 minutes while you work out, when you could have just said you wanted to work out first before anyone got in the car, or kept it to 10 minutes like you originally said, which led to your spouse thinking it wasn't necessary to unbuckle 3 kids from car seats, YTA. In general if you act like the other parent is the default parent and you can just do whatever you want whenever you want without being responsible for your children, YTA.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I say this with the utmost kindness LyonsLions, I would not vote to convict if your sister murdered him.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

MarcusSA posted:

YTA x1000. Maybe if you had given some examples of why she would be bad to live with I’d give you some leeway but you didn’t so I’m going to guess this guy is way too good for you and hopefully you breakup with him and he can find someone better.

I love how she worded this title, thinking that people would only read that, vote NTA and move on. Nope, her boyfriend owns the house and is letting his wheelchair-bound mum live there. gently caress the gf for even suggesting anything different, he's a good egg.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If his complaints were about her schedule being nebulous when other people are trying to plan around it I'd be sympathetic. My friend's dad is 100% unreliable because "we're on our way out the door" could turn into five hours. When he was coming over to help us move. But this guy's hangup seems to be entirely about "lying" and that feels really bizarre.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

HMS Beagle posted:

AITA for wanting my boyfriend to move out of his moms house

Please, Santa, Ive been a good kid this year. Please give me the update where he dumps her

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for telling my boyfriend to keep his occult stuff away from me and our shared living space?

quote:

I want to start this by saying I'm not religious, or overly superstitious or anything like that, but I was raised by a superstitious grandmother and I believe that there is just some stuff you shouldn't gently caress about with. This (fairly short) list consists of fairy rings, Ouija boards, and any kind of ritual that requires a name. I have made these views clear to my boyfriend before now.

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 18 months, moved in together 6 months ago. He's between jobs right now, so I'm covering the rent, but we're both on the lease. 3 months ago he met up with his childhood friend, who just moved locally and is apparently really into the occult, which is a relatively new development. In the last 3 months he and his friend have seen each other every week or every couple weeks, and it feels like every time he goes to see his friend he will come back with something weird: a voodoo doll, a book, a candle with weird carvings and, yesterday, a Ouija board.

The reason I was raised by my grandmother is that when I was 7 my parents died in a car crash. My boyfriend and his friend were in the living room today with his brand new Ouija board and he said "hey, babe, what are your parents names again?" I asked him why he wanted to know and instead of answering he asked me to come sit with both of them and held out his hand. It was at this point I realised he was planning on using the board to contact my parents. I told him to leave me and my parents out of his bullshit.

Later, after the friend left, he asked why I got so "weird" earlier. I said that he needed to take all his occult stuff, and keep it at the friend's place. If this is what interests him then I'm not going to stop him from doing it, but do it somewhere else. He asked if he could still do it here while I was at work, and I said "no, I don't want it in the flat". He then got mad, called me crazy and superstitious, and told me that I couldn't tell him what to do.

AITA?

Edit: It's everywhere in the flat. We have 3 rooms - the kitchen/living room combo, the bathroom and the bedroom - and there is weird poo poo in the bedroom and kitchen/living room. The board has been stored underneath the coffee table, there's a voodoo doll sat next to the TV, the weird candle is on our shared dresser. There's other stuff he bought, and I'm not entirely sure what most of it is, but it's in a kitchen cupboard and it's definitely not food.

Edit 2: This is not a religion to him, he describes it as a "hobby". I can get past all the occult stuff. He's into it now, he wants to keep and use all that stuff, sure, whatever, but I've said that I don't want him to involve me in it. He took me to a psychic a little while ago and now he's trying to summon my dead parents via Ouija board, whether he thought any of this would actually work or not, it's too far.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

I looked at this guy's reddit page and within the last 2 days he has posted 15 different threads in various subreddits complaining about his wife:

Gauntlet Voice: Reddit engineer's marriage... is about to die.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Liquid Communism posted:

Mental health days are valid sick days. It is, in fact, none of management's business what you use them for, and I say this as a manager.

Those are "sick of" days, as opposed to "sick with" days.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sick of work days.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

LyonsLions posted:

Lol this guy is a nut, but my brother-in-law does this kind of thing and I can see how it gets annoying. They'll be getting ready to go somewhere, my sister will load their 3 small kids in the car, and they'll be sitting there waiting but BIL doesn't show. When she goes looking for him, he'll be like running on the treadmill or something and say I'll be out in 10 minutes. So they sit in the car waiting and he comes out like 20 minutes later. It's the kind of thing that wouldn't be a big deal if they didn't have 3 small children, but if you're making a 1, 3, and 5 year old sit in the car for 20 minutes while you work out, when you could have just said you wanted to work out first before anyone got in the car, or kept it to 10 minutes like you originally said, which led to your spouse thinking it wasn't necessary to unbuckle 3 kids from car seats, YTA. In general if you act like the other parent is the default parent and you can just do whatever you want whenever you want without being responsible for your children, YTA.

I agree wholeheartedly. The guy seems like he might be on the spectrum or delayed or something with how he gets hung up on "lying," but if one parent is stealing time from the other it's really lovely. I am married to a time thief, and it can be infuriating.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

cumshitter posted:

Gauntlet Voice: Reddit engineer's marriage... is about to die.

Hey, I think this machine is broken. It just keeps repeating "Party Sub Guy needs food badly"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

therobit posted:

I agree wholeheartedly. The guy seems like he might be on the spectrum or delayed or something with how he gets hung up on "lying," but if one parent is stealing time from the other it's really lovely. I am married to a time thief, and it can be infuriating.

Yeah I get his point he just comes across really poorly.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Hi just posting from way back in the thread but I think the titular family with the shared poop jeans probably all have cholera and just keep giving it to each other in an endless circle. The fact that a guest who ate food in their house also immediately poo poo themselves lends credence to this theory.

Ok, back to page 5505

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

drat I wish I was married to a time thief, that sounds cool as hell

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

professor metis posted:

The time thief vs the emotional vampire vs the gains goblin go!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A Thief of Time isnt a very good partner, but honestly, if youre a Time Chaser looking for your one true Time Bandit you already knew that.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

professor metis posted:

Yeah, Carmen San Diego is pretty stylish and cool.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Barudak posted:

They dont support interracial relationships, are white and chinese.

We did it everyone! Get out the balloons because CHINESE PEOPLE ARE LEGALLY WHITE NOW!

there's actually a fair bit of academic ink spilled over how to better discuss global privilege given that the honkies have allowed other races to make their own billionaires, too. japanese are also considered "white" when really it'd just be so much easier to group them byeither being former colonizers or post-colonial. korea doesn't count cuz japan colonized em.

edit- in china, han are white. manchurians too. uighyrs and muslims though are extremely genocided upon, and practicioners of falun gong have their organs harvested.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Time comptroller is a real :yikes:.

Another one of his posts was still up when I looked at his post history.

Not copying it here because he freely admits to verbal abuse, and only putting his hands on her one time. Plus she packed up and left with the kids to a DV shelter for two months.

She's also a SAHM and it seems her workout time is her 'me time' away from the kids.

What a goddamn mess all around.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Resting Lich Face posted:

Yeah, Carmen Sandiego is pretty stylish and cool.

I always thought they should do a Carmen Sandiego game where the pack-in book is Dante's Inferno. Call it "Where in Blazes is Carmen Sandiego"

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

mllaneza posted:

I always thought they should do a Carmen Sandiego game where the pack-in book is Dante's Inferno. Call it "Where in Blazes is Carmen Sandiego"

Apparently she's a kid show protagonist now. All the best heels go face eventually.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for surrendering my sister's child to protective services when she forced me to babysit due to mental health?

I'm 26M, my sister is 28F. We're the only family we both have, neither of our parents are with us anymore and we have no aunts, uncles, or cousins. I'm single, so is my sister: she's a single mother of a 3 year old. Despite all of this, we're not particularly close. We live in the same city but I might see her once a year in passing.

To make a long and convoluted post short, last week she came to my house and offloaded her son to me. She said she had to go to the hospital for mental health and I was the only person who could help. I couldn't even protest, she didn't even come inside. She took him in the car seat, put him on my porch, rang the bell, and told me all of this as she's walking back to her car. She left no diapers, no supplies, no nothing, not even a word of when she'll be back.

It took me less than four hours to contact police and have child services involved. He was basically abandoned with me, or at least that was my thoughts. They took the child away and my sister is still in the hospital. I have no way of contacting her, nor has she tried to contact me. I can't imagine the hellstorm that's going to be unleashed when she's out.

I'm just not equipped to handle a kid. My home isn't child proof, I have no friends who could babysit for a stranger, even as a favor. I work full time, I'm in school. I couldn't think of any alternative besides getting child services involved. I feel like I let my sister down but first and foremost I believe she left her own child down. I don't know what's going to happen.

Was I the rear end in a top hat?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My favorite category of AITA: Everyone involved being insanely petty over the stupidest tiniest poo poo.

WIBTA if I don’t print off a jerk’s receipt at work tomorrow morning? (I know title sounds petty but it’s a big deal to me).

quote:

I work at a donut shop this summer. It means I have to be up at 4:30 in the morning and it just sucks.

All the early customers are these boomer assholes who just love to demean me while they sit on their asses drinking coffee and collecting retirement. The worst is Dan. I’d say Dan is abusive to me.

Lots of stuff has happened with him but his latest thing started last week when he said he needed a receipt. I was like “dude, you paid for a donut and coffee with cash, why do you need a receipt?” He said “I’m not your dude, print the receipt.” My manager came running over and apologized to dan and said for me just to print off the receipt. Dan gave me such a smug “I won” look.

Well since then every morning Dan asks for his receipt, doesn’t even look at it and then throws it in the trash while staring at me. It’s just a big duck thing to make me feel bad and he’s “over me.”

I told my dad this afternoon that I’m going to say no in the morning. My dad said “don’t be an rear end in a top hat, you’re the employee, you do what the customer and employer says.” I tried to argue but he said I’m being stupid and petty. I was like dan started it. My dad said basically to shut up.

Would I be the rear end in a top hat if I don’t print that receipt?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for surrendering my sister's child to protective services when she forced me to babysit due to mental health?

Fuuuuck.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for hating that we’re getting a free fun day at work?

Okay so it’s end of day Wednesday and my boss says, “Tell the team there’s a surprise on Friday at 2PM”. I find out the surprise is they’ve bought us theme park tickets and we will go there after lunch, definitely not leaving by clock out time. It’s a fairly expensive ticket but no, it’s not even close to Disney World. This is just not something I personally want to be “surprised” about. Let alone be the one surprising.. Grown adults, who mostly have small children and families to go home to.. that we’re all going an hour away without them, on a Friday, for something that really only excites my boss. Sure, I love theme parks— When I’ve planned to go there, with people I’ve planned to go there with, in suitable attire for a theme park and not an office. I mostly feel like a stick in the mud because it’s fun stuff, but also being guilted because my boss has no family of her own.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Haifisch posted:

My favorite category of AITA: Everyone involved being insanely petty over the stupidest tiniest poo poo.

WIBTA if I don’t print off a jerk’s receipt at work tomorrow morning? (I know title sounds petty but it’s a big deal to me).

I'm confused. The receipt doesn't automatically print?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Okay so it’s end of day Wednesday and my boss says, “Tell the team there’s a surprise on Friday at 2PM”. I find out the surprise is they’ve bought us theme park tickets and we will go there after lunch, definitely not leaving by clock out time. It’s a fairly expensive ticket but no, it’s not even close to Disney World. This is just not something I personally want to be “surprised” about. Let alone be the one surprising.. Grown adults, who mostly have small children and families to go home to.. that we’re all going an hour away without them, on a Friday, for something that really only excites my boss. Sure, I love theme parks— When I’ve planned to go there, with people I’ve planned to go there with, in suitable attire for a theme park and not an office. I mostly feel like a stick in the mud because it’s fun stuff, but also being guilted because my boss has no family of her own.

What a loving tool. Besides, most parks are BETTER than Disney anyway.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Haifisch posted:

Don't, you're just gonna get fired and that will empower his boomerosity even more. You have to do something sensible like poo poo on his car.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm 26M, my sister is 28F. We're the only family we both have, neither of our parents are with us anymore and we have no aunts, uncles, or cousins. I'm single, so is my sister: she's a single mother of a 3 year old. Despite all of this, we're not particularly close. We live in the same city but I might see her once a year in passing.

To make a long and convoluted post short, last week she came to my house and offloaded her son to me. She said she had to go to the hospital for mental health and I was the only person who could help. I couldn't even protest, she didn't even come inside. She took him in the car seat, put him on my porch, rang the bell, and told me all of this as she's walking back to her car. She left no diapers, no supplies, no nothing, not even a word of when she'll be back.

It took me less than four hours to contact police and have child services involved. He was basically abandoned with me, or at least that was my thoughts. They took the child away and my sister is still in the hospital. I have no way of contacting her, nor has she tried to contact me. I can't imagine the hellstorm that's going to be unleashed when she's out.

I'm just not equipped to handle a kid. My home isn't child proof, I have no friends who could babysit for a stranger, even as a favor. I work full time, I'm in school. I couldn't think of any alternative besides getting child services involved. I feel like I let my sister down but first and foremost I believe she left her own child down. I don't know what's going to happen.

Was I the rear end in a top hat?
OP just edited in more info:

quote:

edit: just so there's more info, I wasn't even left the base the car seat latches into. Never mind I don't even have a car. I'll admit I could have asked a friend for help picking up children stuff but that doesn't address anything else.

Child services is what its name implies, here where I live it's called FACS. They work with families in struggling times like this. I told them my sister's name, the hospital she's at, and they presumably are working with her to sort this out. They left contact information but they won't disclose any status to me because I'm not the parent. Even just the status of my sister, they weren't at liberty to say.

I didn't "put the kid up for adoption" it doesn't work like that. I contacted this agency who is trained to help in situations like this, where living arrangements are difficult or impossible for a child. My best guess is they have him in a foster home for now until my sister's out. I don't know anything else beyond my best guess.

And I can't just take time off work or school to care for a child 24/7 when agencies like the one I contacted can offload the work for me. It's been 8 days and no word on anything: if I took eight days off work with no telling when I could return, I might as well not return.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA: My BIL keeps trying to get a cashier at my local gas station fired.

I feel like I am in crazy town. I went to the store with my BIL Jose and my sister Gretchen.

I have warned Jose about the cashiers at this gas station several times, but he insists on doing things his way. The female cashier Monika works every evening and always asks for ID even if you come in all the time. It doesn't matter if you know her, talk to her daily, she will ask for an ID every time, scan it. I don't mind, but it's annoying because the other cashier [male] remembers everyone and you just buy your poo poo and leave. But I get why she does it.

She is also the kind of person to just tell you bluntly what is wrong. Last time I went in with Jose, he did not have his ID. I told him without the ID the cashier [Monika] is not going to let us buy it. I told him to wait outside if he didn't have his ID, but he said he had "been here a few times before, so she will know me." Monika did not remember him, even when he mentioned something they "chatted about" last time.

He kept getting upset and saying, "How do you not remember me?"

Monika said: "Because I don't. I see 150 people a day."

Jose: "That's not how you should be doing your job."

Monika: "We are hiring if you need hours. The door says ID if you are under 30. If you come in all the time, then you would know to bring your ID. I ask every time."

Jose: "I am 27!"

Monika: The door says if you are under 30, you will be asked for an ID. You are under thirty, why don't you have your ID?

Jose thinks he needs to call about Monika. I don't think he does. I think he is being an rear end in a top hat about a store policy that is listed on the door.

Edit: He has complained about her for a few days and wants to call, because she has "an attitude." I don't think she has an attitude, I just think she is sick of idiots. And I always have my ID, so I am not sure why he specifically leaves it in the car or at home when he knows we are getting gas.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA: My BIL keeps trying to get a cashier at my local gas station fired.

Excuse me, I'd like to complain about someone doing their job and making sure the company isn't sued for selling (I guess, cigarettes or booze) to underage kids.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Oh, this is a work gift? Do not loving accept. Regular gifts are aggressive enough, but one from work? What, are they TRYING to rub it into your face that they own you? They already take up more than a third of your life, and now they want your fun time as well? Tell them to gently caress off. Your boss is sending a very clear message here and if you let that sadistic motherfucker dominate you like this they'll know they can do whatever they want. They already suspect they can. No, this level of wanton aggression needs to be met with a higher level of aggression. Pack a cola bottle with a liter of soda and a liter of poo poo and a whole bag of mentos. Kick open your boss's door and spray that bastard with that poo poo soda and scream "ARE WE HAVING FUN YET!?" and leave. Nothing is worth this.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Admiral Ray posted:

Oh, this is a work gift? Do not loving accept. Regular gifts are aggressive enough, but one from work? What, are they TRYING to rub it into your face that they own you? They already take up more than a third of your life, and now they want your fun time as well? Tell them to gently caress off. Your boss is sending a very clear message here and if you let that sadistic motherfucker dominate you like this they'll know they can do whatever they want. They already suspect they can. No, this level of wanton aggression needs to be met with a higher level of aggression. Pack a cola bottle with a liter of soda and a liter of poo poo and a whole bag of mentos. Kick open your boss's door and spray that bastard with that poo poo soda and scream "ARE WE HAVING FUN YET!?" and leave. Nothing is worth this.

Come on man. You get the ticket. Get in. And then ditch your coworkers and have fun.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Fun? At an amusement park? Well, judging the normies might be enjoyable, but. . . Aren't these things outside?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

And I always have my ID, so I am not sure why he specifically leaves it in the car or at home when he knows we are getting gas.

Who doesn't carry their ID with them if they have ID? Like, do they routinely lose their keys and cellphone?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Three Olives posted:

Who doesn't carry their ID with them if they have ID? Like, do they routinely lose their keys and cellphone?

a lot of dudes don't have wallets or even phone cases for cards. a lot of dudes are trash fires.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Just say you have a doctors appointment after work and don’t go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Resting Lich Face posted:

Come on man. You get the ticket. Get in. And then ditch your coworkers and have fun.

The ticket is a gift and gifts are acts of aggression. The OP can accept it if they want but they need to know that there is a price for such things.