Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Sure but there's a pretty long list of games the lions "should" have won but ended up taking the L. They play a little better in one or two key plays in a lot of games and I think the entire franchise looks different, but at the end of the day, whether by ref loving or not, their record usually reflects mediocrity at their best regardless of talent. I'll keep rooting for this dumb team though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
The Lions are only 1-2 years away from being a serious playoff team, and always will be.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Until Stafford retires then we get the QB carousel of incompetence for a while.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Parallelwoody posted:

Until Stafford retires then we get the QB carousel of incompetence for a while.

At least QBs retire there. Hoffa is actually buried under Soldier field along with the ghosts of the 53 starting quarterbacks the Bears have had in the superbowl era.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

For some reason I thought of the phrase "the anchor that righted the ship", think that's fair to describe Caldwell?

Probably accurate, but I think the thing that ended up righting the ship more than most things was Martha Ford going on a firing spree.

ZombieCrew posted:

At least QBs retire there. Hoffa is actually buried under Soldier field along with the ghosts of the 53 starting quarterbacks the Bears have had in the superbowl era.

Alas for that, they found the house he was killed in in like Bloomfield Hills or something, just shot in the face at the entryway to a house, bagged up, and tossed in a woodchipper

no joke, they got a confession, and DNA tested the blood left behind in the house that got into/under the floorboards/carpet

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Ewww I had thought Akiem Hicks just, like, banged up his elbow or something as I hadn't seen the game yet. Nope, his arm got caught between a player and a helmet and was bent back violently, causing his elbow to dislocate in a grotesque way and his arm to look really messed up

That's probably gonna take a little while to get better, unfortunately. Akiem Hicks is a really important part of the defense and him leaving the game early does a little to explain some of the Raiders' success on the ground

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Without Akiem Hicks I'm pretty pessimistic for the rest of the Bears season. I mean I was before cause lol at the quarterback situation, but a good defense can carry a bad quarterback sometimes. Guess I'm gonna have to root for the Saints this year. Speaking of which, how dumb does Minnesota look for giving up on Teddy Bridgewater now?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

sweet geek swag posted:

Without Akiem Hicks I'm pretty pessimistic for the rest of the Bears season. I mean I was before cause lol at the quarterback situation, but a good defense can carry a bad quarterback sometimes. Guess I'm gonna have to root for the Saints this year. Speaking of which, how dumb does Minnesota look for giving up on Teddy Bridgewater now?

well let's not say it was unexpected for minnesota to gently caress it up with their QB

in fact, I'd say it was pretty fully guaranteed

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

the great thing about kirk cousins is vikings fans do not have any attachment to him, so i can go "hey that guy's a dipshit" without starting a fight

which is probably not the case with any other qb in the division

(guys here may have given up on trubisky, but irl bears fans seem not to've and are still sometimes weirdly protective?)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
You have not met any actual Bears fans then.

There is not a QB in the world we aren't willing to bus toss. On a moment's notice.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

PupsOfWar posted:

the great thing about kirk cousins is vikings fans do not have any attachment to him, so i can go "hey that guy's a dipshit" without starting a fight

which is probably not the case with any other qb in the division

(guys here may have given up on trubisky, but irl bears fans seem not to've and are still sometimes weirdly protective?)

irl bears fans are weird

they'll rabidly defend their quarterback until the first questionable decision and then immediately bay for their blood

basically bears fans are only QB protective during the offseason until week 1

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Not seeming likely that Davante can play on Monday

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i probably defend stafford more than i would if lions fans weren't unironically complaining that the team wasted quarterback of the future jake rudock and connor cook. edit: i mean i live and in person watched stoney case cost the lions a shot at the playoffs, so between people randomly screaming for every directional michigan + michigan + michigan state qb to be drafted and started over stafford as well as getting to personally witness some of the lions brightest stars i feel attached to him

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

rabidsquid posted:

i probably defend stafford more than i would if lions fans weren't unironically complaining that the team wasted quarterback of the future jake rudock and connor cook

Kellen Moore could have been QB/OC!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
kirk cousins sucks rear end

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm actively rooting against the Bears for their first round pick and was looking at the rest of their schedule. Fuuuuck

Chicago Bears remaining games:

Week 7 - vs. New Orleans Saints
Week 8 - vs. Los Angeles Chargers
Week 9 - @ Philadelphia Eagles
Week 10 - vs. Detriot Lions
Week 11 - @ Los Angeles Rams
Week 12 - vs. New York Giants
Week 13 - @ Detroit Lions
Week 14 - vs. Dallas Cowboys
Week 15 - @ Green Bay Packers
Week 16 - vs. Kansas City Chiefs
Week 17 - @ Minnesota Vikings

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1182395272141430784

Well, Bears?

And/or Vikings?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Not seeming likely that Davante can play on Monday
Not surprising. Oh well, they need to get the young WRs more reps anyway. Williams will play.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Blitz7x posted:

I'm actively rooting against the Bears for their first round pick and was looking at the rest of their schedule. Fuuuuck

Chicago Bears remaining games:

Week 7 - vs. New Orleans Saints
Week 8 - vs. Los Angeles Chargers
Week 9 - @ Philadelphia Eagles
Week 10 - vs. Detriot Lions
Week 11 - @ Los Angeles Rams
Week 12 - vs. New York Giants
Week 13 - @ Detroit Lions
Week 14 - vs. Dallas Cowboys
Week 15 - @ Green Bay Packers
Week 16 - vs. Kansas City Chiefs
Week 17 - @ Minnesota Vikings

The NFC North had pretty much the consensus hardest schedule this season.

I for one would like 1 Kaep to QB for the Vikings.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The Vikings with a competent quarterback would be scary but going from Cousins to Kaep is a hell of change

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

i probably defend stafford more than i would if lions fans weren't unironically complaining that the team wasted quarterback of the future jake rudock and connor cook. edit: i mean i live and in person watched stoney case cost the lions a shot at the playoffs, so between people randomly screaming for every directional michigan + michigan + michigan state qb to be drafted and started over stafford as well as getting to personally witness some of the lions brightest stars i feel attached to him

yeah I like stafford and he's unquestionably the best quarterback the lions have ever had since fuckin' bobby layne

rudock and cook had a ceiling of "jeff garcia" and we already had him for a year

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

SolusLunes posted:

yeah I like stafford and he's unquestionably the best quarterback the lions have ever had since fuckin' bobby layne

rudock and cook had a ceiling of "jeff garcia" and we already had him for a year

Never forget that Conner Cook actually got a chance with the Raiders and... actually, it's probably best for everyone involved if we do forget that particular incident.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Yeah, I wish the Bears would go for it, but they wont. Dont wanna hurt Trubs with a controversy.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

SolusLunes posted:

Alas for that, they found the house he was killed in in like Bloomfield Hills or something, just shot in the face at the entryway to a house, bagged up, and tossed in a woodchipper

no joke, they got a confession, and DNA tested the blood left behind in the house that got into/under the floorboards/carpet

What

Do you have a link for that

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

ZombieCrew posted:

Yeah, I wish the Bears would go for it, but they wont. Dont wanna hurt Trubs with a controversy.

Bears won't go for it because of the draft capital they spent on Trubisky.

Viking won't go for it because of the actual capital they spent on Cousins.

Sunk cost fallacy writ large.

Packers should pick him up as a backup just to make sure he doesn't gently caress them in the playoffs ever again.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Petite Dinklage posted:

What

It's not on the wikipedia page, so... :salt:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
My fiance just won tickets to the Raiders game at Lambeau. They're not regular tickets and are in the Miller Lite Deck. Not entirely sure what to expect, anyone here ever watched a game from this deck?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Pops Mgee posted:

My fiance just won tickets to the Raiders game at Lambeau. They're not regular tickets and are in the Miller Lite Deck. Not entirely sure what to expect, anyone here ever watched a game from this deck?

No, but what I found online was get there early to get good seats. The view isn't terrible, but not great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ga5vDcm5IA

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
:flaccid:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

You mean the guy from Mississippi who sends unsolicited dick videos to women is a chud?

Yeah, we know.

(Deanna's been part of some lovely pro-Life group forever.)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Petite Dinklage posted:

What

I will look for it but surface googling didn't do much for me, iirc it was some local detroit station that found that out

e: I think this is it: https://www.foxnews.com/us/jimmy-hoffa-investigation-frank-sheeran-and-the-blood-evidence-we-found-in-the-case

anyway it's more of a theory than the hard evidence I recall it being, but regardless, I would not be surprised in the slightest that this was how he died

SolusLunes fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 11, 2019

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Pops Mgee posted:

what the heck is a deck

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

PupsOfWar posted:

what the heck is a deck

quote:

The Miller Lite Deck is the ultimate destination for Packers fans who love a good time!

Located in the South Endzone of Lambeau Field, the Miller Lite Deck is an exclusive place to have fun while watching a game and enjoying the great taste of Miller Lite!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Saints did everyone a favor when they murdered him.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Saints did everyone a favor when they murdered him.

Favre? His last play was Corey Wooten knocking him out (actually unconscious) in Minnesota. The rare outdoor game in the winter.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

ZombieCrew posted:

Favre? His last play was Corey Wooten knocking him out (actually unconscious) in Minnesota. The rare outdoor game in the winter.

That whole 2010 season was a huge mistake.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

ZombieCrew posted:

That was just his shambling corpse being finally laid to rest.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

ZombieCrew posted:

We had our wedding reception at TCF, and the photographer (a Bears fan) was absolutely giddy walking around on the field where Favre was finally put to rest.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/jimjamjenk/status/1183090656979406848?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aaron Jones fined $10,500+ for waving as he runs for a touchdown.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/green-bay-packers-aaron-jones-bye-bye-dallas-fine

...DON'T read the comments, please.