Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Absolute Zeroes posted:

I really don’t know what’s going on in my new Home of Germany. Im not sure I like it.

I was saving this for post brexit but I think in this time of need we all need to be aware of the possibilities:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

marktheando posted:

lol boris' deal is illegal under an amendment the ERG brought in last year

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1184530270478913538?s=20

I don't think this would make any difference. You can't bind the actions of a future Parliament and any Brexit deal would have been passed in a Bill by Parliament.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

cargohills posted:

I don't think this would make any difference. You can't bind the actions of a future Parliament and any Brexit deal would have been passed in a Bill by Parliament.

Yes, but lol if those lazy fucks didn't bother to legislate their way out of this one.

Absolute Zeroes
Apr 1, 2011

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I was saving this for post brexit but I think in this time of need we all need to be aware of the possibilities:

I am not blasting those up my backside.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1184529443471142913?s=20

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
yeah but bendy bananas

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There is something deeply hilarious about interviewing a man wearing a balaclava sat in a chair and dubbed over.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Qwertycoatl posted:

IIRC the reason is that the ways to get round the paedo filter aren't so well known because only paedos care, but if they use it for general smut then everyone in the country will want to bypass it and the methods will end up as common knowledge
That makes sense, but the methods to bypass it are just 'VPN'. Or maybe even 'SSL certificate' in some cases.

I suppose you'd have to know where the child abuse content is too. Search engines scrubbing that poo poo (eventually, and only because of threat of legislation) has probably done more good than the ISPs.

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

warning to the thread: Brendan O’Neil is getting litigious if you make jokes about his extremely massive head

https://twitter.com/stef_wholemeal/status/1184521024404107264?s=21
*considers legal ramifications carefully*

Arse Head Brendan O’Neil

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Anyone know much about contents insurance?

Such as if your son throws a bottle of vinegar through your nice TV and it let all the colours out- is it worth claiming for it or are they gonna gently caress me when it comes to renewals

It's been one of those days tbh

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

There is something deeply hilarious about interviewing a man wearing a balaclava sat in a chair and dubbed over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOUeauLWEaE

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

DesperateDan posted:

Anyone know much about contents insurance?

Such as if your son throws a bottle of vinegar through your nice TV and it let all the colours out- is it worth claiming for it or are they gonna gently caress me when it comes to renewals

It's been one of those days tbh

Used to work for an insurance company (please don't hate me).

A single claim on a TV is unlikely to affect your renewal much. To give you the industry secrets claims are usually given points and they then rate on how many points you have. A single accidental damage claim is going to either be under the threshold or barely above it. I dunno your financial situation is but I wouldn't expect it to go up by more than a tenner for the year.

It is worth checking your policy to make sure it's covered first.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

They used to do ice cream monster munch and a flavour that made your tongue blue back in day... can’t remember if they were the same

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
Dear the Beeb. Please work on your phrasing.

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1184538499418066948

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Oh god channel 5 is doing a Brexit debate with Michael Howard and the poo poo who owns Wetherspoons hosted by Jeremy vine.

1 minute in and its unbearable.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like no deal tonight, no deal tonight, no deal tonight!

(you're welcome for having that stuck in your head for the next week now)

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Very normal that the source for this story is... Laura K

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

namesake posted:

Oh god channel 5 is doing a Brexit debate with Michael Howard and the poo poo who owns Wetherspoons hosted by Jeremy vine.

1 minute in and its unbearable.
I think I'd rather listen to OwlFancier's urethra-themed Wheatus cover band.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Three probated users are shitposting on an offsite forum. The first user asks the second user, "Why were you probated, comrade?"

The second user replies, "I opposed communism bitch as UKMT idiot king on 15th October 2019." The second user then asks the third user, "Why were you probated?"

The third user replies, "I supported communism bitch as UKMT idiot king on 16th October 2019." The third user then asks the first user, "So what about you? Why were you probated?"

The first user replies, "I'm communism bitch."

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lt. Danger posted:

The first user replies, "I'm communism bitch."

I had to read this in Vinnie Jones voice

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Praseodymi posted:

Jo Swinson on BBC breakfast saying that a 'people's vote' has been Lib Dem policy for 3 years.

Haven't they spent that entire time calling Corbyn a secret brexiteer for having that policy? Am I being gaslit by Jo Swinson?

She was on LBC too, we tuned in halfway through and my mum legit thought she was a member of the public caller, she's so terrible if she's remotely put on the spot.

Labour always had a series of not-quite-impossible-qualifiers before they would support a second referendum so you're not being totally gaslit, but she's ignoring that Labour recently made second ref a policy and lib dems stopped having second ref as a policy so it is still incredibly dishonest of her.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Boris is hosed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol imagine if we had thw press doing fact checks like this

https://twitter.com/davidamrock/sta...ingawful.com%2F

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
https://twitter.com/stellacreasy/status/1184536238994407425

hmm - this seems spectacularly lovely if true

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift

Jose posted:

Lol imagine if we had thw press doing fact checks like this

https://twitter.com/davidamrock/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Someone buy wellactually.org and forward it to that domain please

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

What would that mean in practise, that they just let scummy little Abortion - Discreet With No Credit Check Financing Options Available! clinics operate? That's bad but it's hardly shutting down the safe processes right? Am I missing something?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I miss baked bean pizzas

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

What would that mean in practise, that they just let scummy little Abortion - Discreet With No Credit Check Financing Options Available! clinics operate? That's bad but it's hardly shutting down the safe processes right? Am I missing something?

The DUP are hardcore quiverfull Protestants. They're giving them licence to firebomb anyone they even suspect of providing abortions.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

The DUP are hardcore quiverfull Protestants. They're giving them licence to firebomb anyone they even suspect of providing abortions.

I'm sure there's more laws that would be relevant to the firebombing of clinics than just the recent abortion regulations.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

If your CSF looks more like cum than gin then you most likely have a major bacterial infection and you should go to a hospital asap. If you are not already passed out due to bacterial meningitis or septic shock that is.

Munin fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 16, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/martinangus/status/1184185719159435275

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Vitamin P posted:

Don't even know that it's true, but might be possible that the DUP could make it even harder to get an abortion than it is currently (which is incredibly hard).

Not from Northern Ireland, so don't know if that's a thing - maybe a poster from there knows?

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 16, 2019

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Didn't we dissolve them at conference?

Can we dissolve them more personally?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

OwlFancier posted:

Didn't we dissolve them at conference?

Can we dissolve them more personally?

Just removed their affiliation

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Vitamin P posted:

There are no safe processes in NI at the moment other than "travel to England and get a BPAS appointment" or "have a friend learn to build and use a Del Em."

The courts have recently said that there should be, but the DUP say no.

The best option, and the one that Stella Creasy supports, is just decriminalizing it at the UK level, pull the rug from under them.

Munin posted:

If your CSF looks more like cum then gin then you most likely have a major bacterial infection and you should go to a hospital asap. If you are not already passed out due to bacterial meningitis or septic shock that is.
I wonder if that's why the Ayurvedic physicians believed it, they probably weren't drawing spinal fluid from live patients.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/LouiseEllman/status/1184575029276745730?s=19

Who?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

There are no safe processes in NI at the moment other than "travel to England and get a BPAS appointment" or "have a friend learn to build and use a Del Em."

Are you saying the DUP is kicking off about how the bendy bananas custom rules must be exactly the same as mainland UK but something as huge as abortion access being the same as mainland UK is just 'nah we ain't doing that'?

I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong but that would be stunning.

Pre-emptive edit: I googled it and jesus loving christ I apologise, am leaving the previous bit as a testament to me being way naive about how lovely NI is to women

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Chair of Labour Friends of Israel and Honorary President of the Jewish Labour Movement. A 1997 MP - one of Blair's lot.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

Agh this makes me so mad, like she just blatantly says that JC is 'consorting' with antisemites. holocaust deniers and terrorists, that antisemitism has become 'mainstream' under JC. Is any of that actually true? Where is the evidence? How can she get away with just saying that stuff like it's 100% true? And if anyone questions it then we're the antisemitic ones right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
So what now, I thought tonight was a deadline to finish the deal? And they didn't reach it, but will just.... continue tomorrow?