Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Get a Busa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why get a busa when you could get a tarbobusa?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just make sure to get a pristine busa so you have a good platform to put a stretch and lighting kit on.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Coydog posted:

Just make sure to get a pristine busa so you have a good platform to put a stretch and lighting kit on.

MODS

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I feel like the Bush is more of a weekend ride

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Martytoof posted:

I feel like the Bush is more of a weekend ride

Bush on the weekends, commute on Clinton.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Martytoof posted:

Sat on a 2018 Ninja 650 today. Sigh, now it’s all I want.

I’ll see how I feel once new riding season starts. I’m still trying to hold out on moving up from the 250.

I upgraded from a ninja 250 to a ninja 650 and it was fine. Used it to commute around the SF bay area. It liked the highways a lot better than the 250 did, but everywhere else I honestly preferred wringing the heck out of the smaller bike more.

I'm back on a 250 (dual sport this time) and looking to compliment it with a 650 or electric commuter, but this time the head of the pack for dinosaur power is an sv650 instead of the ninja.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm the king of impulse decisions and I'm going to look at the 650.

2018, my beloved grey colour scheme.

We all know how this ends.

No decision on what to do with the 250 though, if I do pick up the 650. I'm not hurting for the money so I kind of want to hang onto it.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 21, 2019

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Haven't you been riding like six months or am I confusing you with someone else?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Have you considered looking up a bike rental company and playing spin the bottle in their showroom?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Please reread the OP of the newbie thread and pay special attention to the section regarding the feeling of outgrowing your first bike

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/cameras/hero8-black/CHDHX-801-master.html

mewse
May 2, 2006

Get a Busa

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
For what it would have cost me to insure a hayabusa when I'd been riding as long as marty, I could have bought an additional 2-3 hayabusas

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Is motorcycle insurance expensive in the US? The F4 750 costs 68 Euro per year to insure and I don't think a Hayabusa would be much more. An R1 would cost the same actually.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
My dirtbike (plated) is around $100/year if I remember correctly.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
US rates are set by accident rates, so the R1 can be fuckoff expensive to insure here, but only old men buy FZ1's and i pay like 80 bucks a year on it.

DearSirXNORMadam
Aug 1, 2009
It can be really really random between different companies, makes of bike, and coverage.

In Baltimore comprehensive for husky enduros is expensive because of theft (like 1k+ per year), but liability for sport bikes is not that much.

For any bike, check at least 3-4 companies, you will just get completely random numbers sometimes (like 10x difference in price for identical coverage).

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

drat, I'm paying $80/mo ($960/year) for my coverage, do you guys all have uninsured motorist, comprehensive, etc? I have an umbrella policy too so my bike/auto insurance has to meet certain limits, but it seems like I'm paying a lot for someone with no at fault accidents.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Ugh it feels so much comfortable than my 250 :(

I'm sighing.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

MomJeans420 posted:

drat, I'm paying $80/mo ($960/year) for my coverage, do you guys all have uninsured motorist, comprehensive, etc? I have an umbrella policy too so my bike/auto insurance has to meet certain limits, but it seems like I'm paying a lot for someone with no at fault accidents.

I waived any coverage for damage to my bike because it was like $2000/year, even with the highest deductible, presumably because I have no riding history. I pay $695/year with otherwise similar coverage to you. If I went with the legal minimums, which is what I think most people do, my quote is $182/year. Honestly though, if you are at fault in an accident and someone is seriously injured, you're hosed. I carry the max liability Geico will sell me on my bike and my car.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Martytoof posted:

Ugh it feels so much comfortable than my 250 :(

I'm sighing.

In what sense?

The seat? Get a better seat or a sheepskin or something.

The riding position? Adjust the bars.

The wind? Change your riding position or install a flyscreen.

The power? Hah lol nah wait on that one for a while.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It’s hard to articulate and tbh I’ll just drop it, but the contours of the tank and seat fit so much nicer, it just felt more ergonomically satisfying in every way to sit on. Like I was poured onto the bike.

I think of all the things attracting me, the power is the last. I know I’m not even scratching 1/10th what the 250 can do and it’s not for want of a faster bike. It’s more of a whole package that’s appealing, but I mean what can’t you say that about that’s had 7 years to improve. A 2018 Mazda 3 is going to be much nicer than my 2008 Mazda 3 :P

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

MomJeans420 posted:

I pay a lot less, but probably because I go with minimums, I figure there's only so much damage I can do on a bike. Maybe I'd be hosed if I ran down a pedestrian?

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Toe Rag posted:

I waived any coverage for damage to my bike because it was like $2000/year, even with the highest deductible, presumably because I have no riding history. I pay $695/year with otherwise similar coverage to you. If I went with the legal minimums, which is what I think most people do, my quote is $182/year. Honestly though, if you are at fault in an accident and someone is seriously injured, you're hosed. I carry the max liability Geico will sell me on my bike and my car.

I have a similar mindset regarding insurance and have similar coverage including skipping collision. Paying a little less than you, but pretty close on a Ninja 300 with a year+ experience.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

MomJeans420 posted:

Our insurance limit is a cozy 100 million Euro.

Welcome to Germany.

There's 3 stages of insurance, mandatory, part kasko and full kasko, with the later ones covering stuff like theft and stupidity and you damaging your own stuff.

Motorcycles usually get part kasko to cover theft.

The 100 million are mandatory coverage.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 22, 2019

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Elviscat posted:

I pay a lot less, but probably because I go with minimums, I figure there's only so much damage I can do on a bike. Maybe I'd be hosed if I ran down a pedestrian?

drat, that's a lot cheaper. I agree that it seems unlikely I'm going to seriously injure someone else, unless you're one of those bikes doing 100mph running red lights and going straight through a car.

Combat Theory posted:

Our insurance limit is a cozy 100 million Euro.
The 100 million are mandatory coverage.

No one can argue you don't have sufficient coverage, and I'm guessing you're not paying 200x our yearly rates.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

That 100 million euro is for basically the very worst case, because medical bills are not a thing in the same way in Europe. The average claim in an at-fault accident is going to be much lower. And so even with coverage like that, it's not going to be tapped to the same extent.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

pun pundit posted:

That 100 million euro is for basically the very worst case, because medical bills are not a thing in the same way in Europe. The average claim in an at-fault accident is going to be much lower. And so even with coverage like that, it's not going to be tapped to the same extent.

I'm just wondering what the hell you could do on a motorcycle to cause 9 figures of damage.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

KillHour posted:

I'm just wondering what the hell you could do on a motorcycle to cause 9 figures of damage.

Anything that involves a two week hospital stay in the United States of America.

Yes I know it’s not damage, just roll with the joke.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

KillHour posted:

Paging Razzled. If anyone can do it

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

KillHour posted:

Market it as a Buell OOOOOHHH

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Crash it through the glass pyramid at the Louvre and burn 1 or 2 paintings with the resultant gasoline fire.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

Market it as a Buell OOOOOHHH

buellcube.jpg

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

builds character posted:

Chichevache would be a contender.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

:respek:

Let’s make it happen.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

challenge accepted

east vs west

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

builds character posted:

Mailboxes are like $50 at my local Lowes though.

It doesn't matter in Chichevace's case 'cause you don't commit insurance fraud if you're not adequately covered.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

KillHour posted:

The highest sum paid in Germany was 30 million Euro in 2004 when a Mercedes hit a tank truck which fell of a bridge and set the bridge on fire which then needed to be fully restored.

The highest international sum way 70 million in the UK for a car that broke down on a railroad crossing which derailed the train that hit the car and then that train hit an oncoming train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

builds character posted:

Crash into the Federal Reserve's mailbox.