Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Anora posted:

That cashier would have her mind blown by reading BSS.

Cashier: "How old his your kid?"
Nerd, Over a pile of Marvel/Star Wars/Transformers figures: "I could never bring a child into my house, they might play with my toys! touch my valuable collectibles."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Nothing in his mind that would indicate he has a gently caress trophy.

Seems about right.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kai Tave posted:

Also maybe I'm the weird one but I've never, not once in my entire life, had a grocery store checkout clerk ever comment on a single thing I've purchased for any reason outside of maybe asking me which kind of apples are in the bag so they can ring up the correct price.

I've had cashiers comment on the ridiculous amount of chocolate I buy, or this one time when I bought a new flavor of Naked fruit juice the cashier hadn't tried yet.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

judge people by their deeds and not by the cheap canned pasta they buy.

also, I've literally just got a dwindling supply of dry black beans and rice and a half of an onion for the next two weeks. Please send star war shaped kd and associated milk and cheese packets to the bronx

This thread really helped me out with ideas for a few years when money was super tight. Not a lot of action lately, but there's some good stuff in there.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3442278&perpage=40

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, how much rent can you even charge for a something you're mom bought at $13,000, like what condition were these places in?

looks like pretty decent - the story takes place in joliet, illinois which is a distant suburb of chicago. far enough out of the city to be cheap, but not so far that there's no demand for housing. zillow shows a bunch of small but decent condos available starting in the $50k range so i could see someone buying a foreclosed condo for $13k, maybe with some condition that the tenant left a bunch of poo poo there and it needs to be professionally cleaned. folks who want to get a foot on the property/landlord ladder often start at foreclosure auctions. if you're living rent free with grandma, two working adults could take out cheap mortgages to buy condos and the rental cost could easily cover the mortgage and make a nice profit

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

kecske posted:

you need something like an income of $30k with no other material assets considered to be in the top 1.5% of income globally, which I imagine most goon-type computer toucher jobs satisfies.

Global wealth is a different metric and you need like $750k in total assets to break the top 1%.

Is the goon stereotype of "comfortable computer toucher" true anymore? Also hell is the whole concept of getting a well-paying office job by being goony enough still a thing now? I work in an (veterinary) office and have to both touch computers and clean dog poo poo and I get the minimum wage!

Also I'm late but this is sticking out to me:

quote:

when her father had a stroke in 2013, she knew it was time to make the transition.

Sorry dad, but your loss is my gain :capitalism:

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 14:40 on Oct 23, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nastyman posted:

Nothing in his mind that would indicate he has a gently caress trophy.

Seems about right.

This is a woman btw

https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/1186976962566340608

Exchanging money for goods and services is quid pro quo.

https://twitter.com/lura_groen/status/1186778089340186624

Catholics man

zoux has a new favorite as of 15:06 on Oct 23, 2019

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

zoux posted:

This is a woman btw

https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/1186976962566340608

Exchanging money for goods and services is quid pro quo.

Episode 34 of What Trump Can Teach Us About Con Law (episode isn't showing up on the main webpage yet from some reason) goes into how proving quid pro quo is neither necessary nor sufficient. Trump using that as his defense and people playing along is part of him controlling the dialog.

Edit: To clarify, soliciting or accepting foreign interference in a US election is illegal. Quid pro quo is in itself not illegal (trade deals always have a quid pro quo to them).

jjack229 has a new favorite as of 15:10 on Oct 23, 2019

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

kecske posted:

you need something like an income of $30k with no other material assets considered to be in the top 1.5% of income globally, which I imagine most goon-type computer toucher jobs satisfies.

Global wealth is a different metric and you need like $750k in total assets to break the top 1%.

30k american in the US isn't high earning though is it? I don't think rural kazakhs give a poo poo about HENRYs, and their standard for it is probably way different. Seems like something that should be looked at regionally.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

jjack229 posted:

Episode 34 of What Trump Can Teach Us About Con Law (episode isn't showing up on the main webpage yet from some reason) goes into how proving quid pro quo is neither necessary nor sufficient. Trump using that as his defense and people playing along is part of him controlling the dialog.

Edit: To clarify, soliciting or accepting foreign interference in a US election is illegal. Quid pro quo is in itself not illegal (trade deals always have a quid pro quo to them).

Also Trump had his personal lawyer do the work outside the state department, which throws the legitimacy of the decision into question even if the decision wasn’t already an impeachable offense. It’s layers upon layers of gross misconduct.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jjack229 posted:

The Congress can impeach POTUS for any reason it wants, or none. Legality is an afterthought; impeachment is a political process, . So no, direct quid pro quo isn't needed for impeachment, but the cautious, handwringing, message-testing Democrats have allowed the GOP, with the compliance of the media, to set the bar at criminal quid pro quo. Just like they set the bar at actual collusion for the Mueller stuff. Matthew Whitaker was on Fox last night saying, and I am literally quoting here, "Abuse of power is not a crime".

https://twitter.com/notmbr/status/1185642170184880128

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Possibly the ultimate idiots on social media: Gaetz and a bunch of other Republicans stormed a secure briefing room during a hearing for the impeachment inquiry and began recording and tweeting everything, massively compromising national security to own the libs.

https://twitter.com/ScottThuman/status/1187023336255250433

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
It's gonna be hilarious when obstruction of justice and witness tampering charges are added onto the impeachment.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Possibly the ultimate idiots on social media: Gaetz and a bunch of other Republicans stormed a secure briefing room during a hearing for the impeachment inquiry and began recording and tweeting everything, massively compromising national security to own the libs.

https://twitter.com/ScottThuman/status/1187023336255250433

https://twitter.com/RepAlexMooney/status/1187063885372841989

"This is me, calling from a crime"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Please a moment of silence for @MattGerz in this trying time.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1187033116327710721

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Always livestream your crimes it's what XR would want

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Idiots, the constitution clearly states that we all have the right to deny rights to the wrong sort of americans and also that the best sort of american is the people of West Virginia's 2nd Congressional District, especially circa November 2020!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kind of scary how tenuous the rule of law is huh

https://twitter.com/flossfurman/status/1187080860366987264

zoux has a new favorite as of 20:31 on Oct 23, 2019

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I can't believe nobody else is confounded by the fact that MarketWatch is shaming AOC for the imaginary budget some guy drew up for her imaginary family.

I mean

It's like if you got mad at your girlfriend because you had a dream where she was cheating on you

And you expected other people to get mad at her too

:psyduck:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What’s funny is this hearing they are pissed about is following the rules the Republicans set up

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

T-man posted:

Always livestream your crimes it's what XR would want

or just back track later and say a staffer did it. Wasn't you with your phone. Clearly you know better

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pththya-lyi posted:

It's like if you got mad at your girlfriend because you had a dream where she was cheating on you

haha, I have known people to do literally that

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/1187105545997602816

That is powerful Boomer magic (incidentally part of his morning briefing are these printouts with praise and favorable headlines for our Special Boy)

https://twitter.com/RepJimBanks/status/1187103196436713474

zoux has a new favorite as of 21:47 on Oct 23, 2019

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

judge people by their deeds and not by the cheap canned pasta they buy.

also, I've literally just got a dwindling supply of dry black beans and rice and a half of an onion for the next two weeks. Please send star war shaped kd and associated milk and cheese packets to the bronx

email me your address. my username @ gmail dot com

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Wait I thought private companies being unregulated was a good thing

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Somfin posted:

Only in regards to firing gay people and women.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Doc Hawkins posted:

haha, I have known people to do literally that

My ex once got mad at me for cheating on her in a dream. I never cheated on her and never even considered it. There's a lot of reasons she is my ex.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Somfin posted:

As usual, only when it works in the favour of the ones pushing for deregulation.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's ref working, bad-faith whining and it works. Turns out Zuckerberg has been having private dinners with conservatives and twitter constantly bends over backwards to protect racists and nazis. The whole slavish devotion to the "both sides narrative" is because of all the whining Rush etal. did about the liberal media when AM radio was the primary vector for alt right fever madness in the 90s

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

It's ref working, bad-faith whining and it works. Turns out Zuckerberg has been having private dinners with conservatives and twitter constantly bends over backwards to protect racists and nazis. The whole slavish devotion to the "both sides narrative" is because of all the whining Rush etal. did about the liberal media when AM radio was the primary vector for alt right fever madness in the 90s

The billionaires are perfectly fine with keeping children in cages as long as the tax rate on money they can't possibly spend in their lifetime doesn't go up.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Pththya-lyi posted:

I can't believe nobody else is confounded by the fact that MarketWatch is shaming AOC for the imaginary budget some guy drew up for her imaginary family.

I mean

:psyduck:

It's more like if you got mad about your girlfriend because a third person said they had a dream that she was cheating on you.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Endless Mike posted:

My ex once got mad at me for cheating on her in a dream. I never cheated on her and never even considered it. There's a lot of reasons she is my ex.

My partner gets 'mad' at me for wrongs I do in their dreams. But we use that as a joke and no one is actually serious about it. This is the correct way to do it and not some sort of weird forced into thought crime bullshit that genuinely getting mad about that stuff is.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

300 million people died of smallpox in the 20th century alone.

None after 1978, though.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

TinTower posted:

300 million people died of smallpox in the 20th century alone.

None after 1978, though.

Yeah but that's because of the leaps and bounds made in personal hygiene practices in 1978. Everyone was just living in their own smallpox infested filth before then. Checkmate, provaxer :smug:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

https://twitter.com/iamalexxramos/status/1185205865156141057

Edit: Oh yeah, he starts licking rich people's boots and blaming the poor for being poor later on that thread.

Desperado Bones has a new favorite as of 03:27 on Oct 24, 2019

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Anora posted:

That cashier would have her mind blown by reading BSS.

Cashier: "How old his your kid?"
Nerd, Over a pile of Marvel/Star Wars/Transformers figures: "I could never bring a child into my house they might play with my toys since the court case!"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

https://twitter.com/iamalexxramos/status/1185205865156141057

Edit: Oh yeah, he starts licking rich people's boots and blaming the poor for being poor later on that thread.

Dudes like this make me real sad because eventually they hit that wall where they think all their dick-sucking and hard work has earned them a place at the table and they get "put in their place," but it never sticks that they were the foolish ones to believe being a good lapdog would ever get respect.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

mind the walrus posted:

Dudes like this make me real sad because eventually they hit that wall where they think all their dick-sucking and hard work has earned them a place at the table and they get "put in their place," but it never sticks that they were the foolish ones to believe being a good lapdog would ever get respect.

Think of all those tasty crumbs they got to lick up off the floor along the way though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Why yes I would like to view tweets the author has hidden.

https://twitter.com/Curly_402/status/1185346208467951618?s=20

Best feature ever. It’s like a ‘show me the author getting owned’ button.