Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Jonny 290 posted:

Take it easy, you've got a board meeting at the top of the hour. Don't want to be out of sorts for the Q3 reports. Namaste

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

jonny does alright but a 1%er he aint

(neither am i!)

i wasn’t suggesting he’s impoverished, but it’s obvious that stymie doesn’t actually pay attention to posters. 290 grew up dirt loving poor and has scrambled to make just enough so that he’s comfortable. he’s a rags to comfort story, but anyone who has paid attention at all would know he isn’t wealthy or making an obscene salary.

thanks 290 for all your hard work.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
jonny and tori are the yosposters who can claim HENRY when the guillotines come out

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

i wasn’t suggesting he’s impoverished, but it’s obvious that stymie doesn’t actually pay attention to posters. 290 grew up dirt loving poor and has scrambled to make just enough so that he’s comfortable. he’s a rags to comfort story, but anyone who has paid attention at all would know he isn’t wealthy or making an obscene salary.

thanks 290 for all your hard work.

there are several yosposters who had impoverished childhoods and can see right through stymie's "poverty is noble" bs, tori and myself included

(efb)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

they're not the only ones. i grew up in a trailer house on a dirt road in rural west texas. it is always comforting to see others escape their own lovely little rural bubble.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

the morning news was talking up these idiots:

https://libertydefense.com/product/

apparently it's gonna be tested at the port here, great.

quote:

Real-time and Accurate Detection works with both traditional and automated security measures to respond appropriately to threats.
Designed for Indoor and Outdoor use providing a common system for full range of a layered detection defense.
Detects metallic and non-metallic threat objects such as: guns, assault rifles, knives and explosives.
AI Machine/deep learning to enhance:
sensor fidelity
decision hierarchy

im "AI Machine/deep learning"

quote:

3D means capturing rich information (size, shape, depth) about the detection space. Can detect any material that has a physical form.

so it can't detect ethereal ghost terrorists? bullshit

quote:

Imaging means using imaging processing techniques to create images and use these images to train and enhancethe AI machine learning algorithms. Threat libraries stored both on units and Cloud with updates provided on a scheduled basis.

oh good, cloud

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i for one am very excited for a private company that's probably not even required to be audited or have basic security measures sending 3D radar pictures of my balls to Cloud

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oh man they have one of those blogs written by a contractor for SEO magick reasons

https://libertydefense.com/5-things-you-should-know-about-artificial-intelligence/

quote:

What is AI?
Artificial Intelligence “makes it possible for machines to learn from experience, adjust to new inputs, and perform human-like tasks.” Basically, it’s any software that can behave and do things typically done by a human. This includes seeing, talking, and listening, along with more complex tasks like diagnosing a patient or engineering a building. And it’s incredibly useful and helpful because computers can learn a lot faster than we can.

any software that can behave and do things typically done by a human :allears:

computer: add 1 + 1
me, pointing: AI

quote:

AI is all around you.
Rapid advancements in AI are the result of more powerful computing, massive growth in the availability of digital data, and increasingly sophisticated algorithms. And AI is everywhere. Whenever you ask your phone for directions, order printer paper from a virtual assistant, or get help from an online chatbot, you’re “speaking” to an AI-powered device.

It’s estimated that chatbots will power 85% of customer service by 2020.

you know, all those things real actual people do, like "order printer paper from a virtual assistant" or "have an actually useful conversation with a customer service chatbot"

quote:

AI doesn’t just solve tech problems.
Whether it’s in healthcare, retail, or professional sports, AI is used to solve problems we didn’t even know we had. AI applications are acting as personal health care assistants reminding you to take your pills and exercise. In retail, AI improves personalized recommendations when you’re online shopping. And in the sports world, AI is used to capture game images and provide reporting that allows coaches to optimize field position and strategy.

well i definitely agree with the whole "AI is used to solve problems we didn’t even know we had" bit

quote:

AI and Machine Learning aren’t the same thing.
While you may have heard the terms Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (ML) used interchangeably, they’re not one and the same. ML is a specific subset of AI that trains a machine how to learn. It’s when a computer system is fed large amounts of data, which it then reviews to find patterns and draw conclusions. Netflix is a prime example. The more you watch, the better the system knows which type of TV shows and movies to recommend the next time you log on.

The AI market is projected to become a $190 billion industry by 2025.

oh boy i better invest now!!!

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
looking at the available evidence:
- very rich
- spends large portions of every day reading about tech
- extremely low opinion of computer touchers

folks, stymie is a vc.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
stymie number one
vc number two

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fiedler posted:

- very rich

folks, stymie is a vc.

:hmmyes:

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
in hindsight it should have been obvious given how many times stymie complained that computer touchers earn too much.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

techbubb.le: Imaging means using imaging processing techniques to create images and use these images

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
A second vc in the pos, who knew

mystes
May 31, 2006

If we allow VCs here, next thing you know we'll have turned into Hacker News.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

mystes posted:

If we allow VCs here, next thing you know we'll have turned into Hacker News.

hn seems to be wannabe temporarily embarassed founders and vcs vs actual ones

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Fiedler posted:

- very rich

folks, stymie is a vc.

he's a VC for inQtel, the CIA venture capital fund

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
how is this conversation still going on

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xw7nx/nearly-all-counter-strike-microtransactions-are-being-used-for-money-laundering

Lmao

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

weird that csgo just happens to be the most popular game in russia

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

rude of valve to muscle in on bitcoin's turf

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

haveblue posted:

how is this conversation still going on

decades of antagonism

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i thought this was known for years or is the news here that valve is finally shutting it down?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Xarn posted:

Nice meltdown by stymie. does this mean yospos won and we can now live shitpost in unity and peace?

nah, i'm content with this thread exposing yospos' fundamental viciousness and eagerness to kick those who are less wealthy than them

i mean basically it's now descended into the equivalent of a bunch of cops/soldiers patting themselves on the back for falsely accusing someone of murder

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

SIGSEGV posted:

he's a VC for inQtel, the CIA venture capital fund

stymie is jeffrey epstein.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I don't think there are any venture capitalists with less money than me

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Stymie is a scab

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
see it's funny because it's near the end of the month and i'm in the process of deciding which bills are going to go unpaid

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

can we talk about something besides the worst poster's deeply offensive poor person blackface [poorface?]

like how uber is trying to pull an airbnb and make itself the protector of privacy by suing to not have to share which ponds and canals their dockless scooters and bikes end up in?

quote:

“Jump riders in Los Angeles have a reasonable expectation of privacy in the trip data created from riding on our bikes and scooters. Independent privacy experts have clearly and repeatedly asserted that a customer’s geolocation is personally identifiable information, and - consistent with a recent legal opinion by the California legislative counsel - we believe that LADOT’s requirements to share sensitive on-trip data compromises our customers’ expectations of data privacy and security. Therefore, we had no choice but to pursue a legal challenge, and we sincerely hope to arrive at a solution that allows us to provide reasonable data and work constructively with the City of Los Angeles while protecting the privacy of our riders.”

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

iospace posted:

Stymie is a scab

and this one earns you a hearty gently caress you too

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

qirex posted:

can we talk about something besides the worst poster's deeply offensive poor person blackface [poorface?]

like how uber is trying to pull an airbnb and make itself the protector of privacy by suing to not have to share which ponds and canals their dockless scooters and bikes end up in?

"When the government wants our data, that's bad. Ignore us selling our data to private companies though"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Stymie posted:

see it's funny because it's near the end of the month and i'm in the process of deciding which bills are going to go unpaid

maybe you shouldn't randomly not pay the bills of your poor employees and contractors just for the fun of seeing their faces as they sob and beg for the money they earned to feed their starving families

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I didn't even know uber was in on the scooter thing. lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

iospace posted:

"When the government wants our data, that's bad. Ignore us selling our data to private companies though"

the government making every drat thing secret to protect "national security" aka "cover up embarrassing vendor bids and corruption" has trained people to think that private companies are somehow better

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

BMan posted:

uber's business requires hitting as many slots on the VC bingo as possible to keep the equity infusions coming despite their core, mature business losing money hand over fist

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BMan posted:

uber's fallback plan for viability if they can't get self-driving cars is to take over all transportation activity, if not all commercial activity, on the planet

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

haveblue posted:

uber's fallback plan for viability if they can't get self-driving cars is to take over all transportation activity, if not all commercial activity, on the planet

we're not a taxi company, we're a logistics company that is only in its early stages

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

haveblue posted:

Two: Whenever Uber's not in a transaction, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Uber?"

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Cold on a Cob posted:

there are several yosposters who had impoverished childhoods and can see right through stymie's "poverty is noble" bs, tori and myself included

(efb)

reminder: roughly 50% of american children spend at least one year in poverty during their upbringing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

haveblue posted:

sadly for uber hundreds of other companies have figured out that both map companies and payment processors have APIs you can integrate with so basically their only remaining competitive angle is being huge jerks