Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holocaust bloopers posted:

Amazon AWS presents Bryce Canyon National Park

cool the state dept and cia can use all their national parks for their lovely programming sandboxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/ousted-ukraine-ambassador-yovanovitch-says-she-was-told-tweet-praise-n1076156

quote:

Marie Yovanovitch, the ousted U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, told House impeachment investigators last month that U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland told her she should tweet out support or praise for President Donald Trump if she wanted to save her job, according to a transcript of her testimony made public Monday.

[sic]

According to the transcript, Yovanovitch she asked Sondland for advice on how to handle an onslaught of criticism from conservative media and Donald Trump Jr.

"He said, 'You know, you need to go big or go home. You need to, you know, tweet out there that you support the president, and that all these are lies and everything else,'" she told the committees. "It was advice that I did not see how I could implement in my role as an ambassador, and as a Foreign Service officer."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

post intentionally left blank to avoid invoking The Curse

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1190207367671095301

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
lol he flipped already (maybe)

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1191479108590559232?s=19

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1191480972526661634?s=19

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Current Event: I got my wedding video back y'all! Bombing the forums with this link like Turkey bombing the Kurds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSCJuWI_y8Q

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

A Bad Poster posted:

Amazon drones flying over geysers and hot springs, malfunctioning and crashing into tourists.

I was in Zion during the shutdown last year, some dudes were flying a drone around, wanted to push those assholes off the cliff.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MRC48B posted:

I was in Zion during the shutdown last year, some dudes were flying a drone around, wanted to push those assholes off the cliff.

I didn't know Joshua Graham was into drones.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Some r/wsb moron managed to turn $2,000 cash into a 60k debt by betting against apple and also exploiting robinhood's total lack of internal risk management

E: removed embed because audio is not in line with current GiP slur guidance, visuals are still the best breakdown of what this guy did I've seen in one place.

https://youtu.be/rASpieLvH7c

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 5, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's much better than that. He did it because Apple employs too many women for his liking

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I guess, in his instance, too many is >0

Straight White Shark posted:

how could this brain genius have lost monies?

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 5, 2019

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Milo and POTUS posted:

I guess, in his instance, too many is >0

loving lmao

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/04/politics/pompeo-mckinley-contradiction/index.html

Pompeo's former aide just turbofucked him

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

quote:

McKinley, who resigned amid the Ukraine controversy, raised concerns about former US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch's removal, which was pushed by Trump's personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, and has become a central part of the inquiry, according to a transcript of that testimony released Monday.
While Pompeo told ABC News last month that McKinley never raised the idea of issuing a statement of support for Yovonovitch, McKinley directly contradicted that statement while under oath, telling lawmakers he mentioned it on three separate occasions.

McKinley testified that he chose to resign because of what he saw as the use of ambassadors "to advance domestic political objectives" and a failure of the State Department to offer support for those officials caught up in the impeachment inquiry.

"The timing of my resignation was the result of two overriding concerns: the failure in my view, of the State Department to offer support to Foreign Service employees caught up in the impeachment inquiry; and, second, by what appears to be the utilization of our ambassadors overseas to advance domestic political objectives," McKinley said. "To see the emerging information on the engagement of our missions to procure negative political information for domestic purposes, combined with the failure I saw in the building to provide support for our professional cadre in a particularly trying time, I think the combination was a pretty good reason to decide enough, that I had no longer a useful role to play."

I'm not surprised. I got to meet McKinley in Afghanistan while he was the ambassador there. We were playing for the embassy's 4th of July celebration, and we were there while he and his staff hashed out some of the last minute details the day before the gig. He seemed like a great guy; he was very welcoming and friendly with us, and just from watching him work he was clearly a skilled professional who took his duties seriously.

Plus while we were playing "Cake By the Ocean," he and his wife came up and did our dumb dance moves with us, so dude's solid in my book.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Man, can Yellowstone just explode already :smith:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

There's actually a lot worse stuff already going on in that article.

quote:

According to a memo first published by the Washington Post, business services officials of the National Park Service in 2017 warned that four people nominated to serve on the panel had potential conflicts of interest.

Three of them were selected as members: Crandall, whose association includes some of the largest concessions management companies in the U.S.; Jeremy Jacobs Jr., co-chief executive of Delaware North Cos., Yosemite National Park’s former facilities operator, whose family has donated at least $167,700 to Trump’s campaigns and political committees; and Bruce Fears, president of Aramark, which holds a $2-billion contract to run hotels, eateries and campgrounds at Yosemite.

In 2017, Delaware North hired Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, the Denver-based law and lobbying firm where Interior Secretary David Bernhardt previously worked.

A few years ago, Delaware North became infamous for changing the name of a historic landmark in Yosemite, the Ahwahnee Hotel, to the Majestic Yosemite. The company made the change after losing out to Aramark in a bid to renew its concessions contract in Yosemite. Delaware North claimed it had intellectual property rights over the Ahwahnee name that could not be transferred to Aramark. Finally this year, the hotel’s name was restored after the U.S. government and Aramark paid the company $12 million to settle the legal battle.

Other committee members include Jim Rogers, former president of Kampgrounds of America, the largest privately owned campground system in the world, and Brad Franklin, government relations manager at Yamaha Motor Corp. USA, a producer of electric-powered bicycles.

Earlier this year, Bernhardt signed an order that allows electric bicycles to be used for the first time on federal trails in national wildlife refuges and national parks, a move he said will create “opportunities to explore areas of the great outdoors that were previously unreachable.”

Each year, roughly 1 million Americans purchase senior passes, which allow people 62 and older to get free access to national parks and other federal recreation sites, and various discounts inside those public lands. In 2017, the Trump administration increased the cost of a lifetime senior pass from $10 to $80, and now it is mulling limitations to their uses.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Loden Taylor posted:

I'm not surprised. I got to meet McKinley in Afghanistan while he was the ambassador there. We were playing for the embassy's 4th of July celebration, and we were there while he and his staff hashed out some of the last minute details the day before the gig. He seemed like a great guy; he was very welcoming and friendly with us, and just from watching him work he was clearly a skilled professional who took his duties seriously.

Plus while we were playing "Cake By the Ocean," he and his wife came up and did our dumb dance moves with us, so dude's solid in my book.

What was Pompeo like at the CIA? Was he a capable director that turned into a self-serving sack of poo poo later on or did he try to run the place like his own little Trumpian fiefdom?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Man, can Yellowstone just explode already :smith:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1191409674656059392?s=19

What's ethics precious

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gotta get all their grifting in while they can

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Things that only get enforced on the political opposition so that enforcement can be used to attack them.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Fallom posted:

What was Pompeo like at the CIA? Was he a capable director that turned into a self-serving sack of poo poo later on or did he try to run the place like his own little Trumpian fiefdom?

Yo what could he have possibly done but sip coffee and pass word at the meeting b?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

He was only there for a little over a year so I assume it was all spent making his assistant's life hell and collecting information for personal gain

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1191523031019077632?s=21

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Fallom posted:

He was only there for a little over a year so I assume it was all spent making his assistant's life hell and collecting information for personal gain

Prior to being CIA Director, he was a Tea Partier in the House of Representatives, so that sounds about right.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

KirbyKhan posted:

Current Event: I got my wedding video back y'all! Bombing the forums with this link like Turkey bombing the Kurds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSCJuWI_y8Q

Too wholesome for 2019

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
ATTENTION.

ATTENTION EVERYONE.

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GOT INTERRUPTED BY A CAT.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1191543390577528834

https://twitter.com/westwood1sports/status/1191545376878280704

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Cat has a terrific sense of pressure. Great agility in the pocket. Good vision.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the sponsor read in the middle was pro as gently caress

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
gently caress it, imma post more (note: the best part is that the crowd cheered when the cat crossed the goal line).

The TV call:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1191541403454599168

Dog reaction (really the excuse to post more):

https://twitter.com/Paulmathewson/status/1191540886238384130

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Corporations suck but if CDW works in a black cat into their next ad campaign then the world will be a nicer place

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Poor cat. Some jerk probably got it at a shelter and dumped it as a prank. I hope it finds a good home.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kesper North posted:

Poor cat. Some jerk probably got it at a shelter and dumped it as a prank. I hope it finds a good home.

It’s almost certainly a member of the colony of feral cats at met life stadium... this guy just got lost.

https://twitter.com/madelynburke/status/1191561863605235713?s=21

Considering it’s a stadium near NYC I assume it’s a mouse and rat buffet.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Shout out to MetLife having a feral cat colony and being cool about it.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Oh, that's a relief, and makes sense. World's biggest bodega?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

hobbesmaster posted:

Considering it’s a stadium near NYC I assume it’s a mouse and rat buffet.

Not even in the same state, bud.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Crakkerjakk posted:

Engh, I'm pretty sure you've been able to kill Americans without consequence for a while if you're rich/powerful enough and the victims are less connected.

Ted Kennedy, the Clintons (as a meme)...yeah.

Unironically this.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 5, 2019

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Cats probably save MetLife a lot of money on exterminators.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Chichevache posted:

Not even in the same state, bud.

It's like 5 miles.

I'd say that's "near".

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Disneyworld and Disneyland do it on on purpose to keep rodents down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TCD posted:

It's like 5 miles.

I'd say that's "near".

I just like poo poo talking New York, dude.

BigDave posted:

Cats probably save MetLife a lot of money on exterminators.

It shouldnt cost too much. The Cowboys just did it for free.