Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

I desperately want to see jeremy corbyn's boris impression now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sytRVJ7MnzE

Edit: Beaten by Miftan

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Samovar posted:

I find Yiddish has the 'strong' sound of German, but with the snide-ishness sound of a more Eastern European language, making it fantastic language to sound sarcastic in, as well as to sing in.

Having enough German training to have a good grasp of the pronunciation even if I've forgotten most of the word meanings and sentence structure, hearing Yiddish sounds like hearing really thick tazzie Australian does in English. Or like really broad Yorkshire dialect, or maybe Patwah. Anywhere that's had massive pronunciation drift and weird slang.

Like it's recognizable but really hard to understand, but it sounds good like all those dialects/languages do.

It's the first time I've been able to experience dialect/pronunciation drift in another language and it's great :v:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The slowly expanding video and animations only make a great video better imo

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

All this Yiddish posting is making me sad I never learned it. My grandfather spoke it fluently but he's gone now, though knowing my luck he would've turned out to be a right wind poo poo. Anyway Judaism has a long and really successful history of leftism which nobody taught me when I was growing up in Israel for some reason????

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

OwlFancier posted:

I desperately want to see jeremy corbyn's boris impression now.

https://www.express.co.uk/videos/6082013803001/Jeremy-Corbyn-MOCKS-Boris-Johnson-in-Glasgow
https://www.indy100.com/article/general-election-corbyn-boris-johnson-impression-video-labour-9187811

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like that he gets the facial expression as well lol.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Ratjaculation posted:

I'm going to pay someone cash in hand for a few days work. Am I bad?

For all you know they might declare it anyway! Up to the recipient how they deal with it.

I get paid cash in hand for most of my work and faithfully report it every year on a self-assessment form.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
The important question nobody has asked is "what is Ratjaculation going to pay for". Cash in hand union busters.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

That Italian Guy posted:

The important question nobody has asked is "what is Ratjaculation going to pay for". Cash in hand union busters.

Cash in hand nut busters :getin:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I get paid cash in hand for most of my work and faithfully report it every year on a self-assessment form.

Pictured: a concerned Jaeluni just checking in with HMRC to make sure they received their letter and attached cash

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

That Italian Guy posted:

dominatrix services of course

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

That Italian Guy posted:

"what is Ratjaculation going to pay for"

Cleanup

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

For all you know they might declare it anyway! Up to the recipient how they deal with it.

Nerd.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Miftan posted:

Anyway Judaism has a long and really successful history of leftism which nobody taught me when I was growing up in Israel for some reason????
I guess religion's a lot like nationalism, when you're in a position of marginalization, it can easily go hard left, then if it so happens suddenly you're in a position of domination then the fight begins to stay hard left and shut out any "now it's our turn to do the loving" elements.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

VideoGames posted:

when I see the ToryStory stuff I get so incredibly angry to the point where I want to do things that would land me in prison.

I cannot, just cannot, understand the kind of living being that would allow a system to let that happen to humans. I cannot put into proper words the level of negativity that builds inside of me. It renders me inert.

Same. I literally can't read those stories without becoming apoplectic and incredibly sad. So I don't. I already know about most of the kind of things that happen in these stories, and I'm already angry about it. It's bad for my mental health to expose myself to more, and I'm not the one who needs reminding.

Look after yourself. If you are already filled with righteous fury, don't read these stories. You are already fighting for the authors.

:glomp:

Braggart fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 7, 2019

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

kecske posted:

dominatrix services of course

Please, the preferred term is

Ms Adequate posted:

Cash in hand nut busters :getin:

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
Half a dozen people turned up for door knocking in our ward which everyone was quite pleased about seeing as it's before the local campaign launch and the first session we'd done. Bring a torch. Street lighting is absolutely gash for any sort of detail like finding the doorbell or letterbox, reading house numbers, opening gates and not tripping over garden gnomes. Shine it at the ground when they come to the door so at least there's a bit of illumination on you and you don't look so shadowy and threatening. Use a headtorch if you're running the boards. Hold it in your hand if you're talking to folk because otherwise you'll blind them every time you look at their face.
It's OK to go along and provide moral support if you aren't sure about doing talking.
Your board runner will need a weatherwriter or an umbrella holding assistant so that the voter records don't turn into papier mache.
Keep flyers under cover. They get soggy really quickly in the rain and that makes them harder to push through letter boxes.
Your board runner should stagger the houses you visit so teams are not at adjacent doors and talking over each other.
It's rare you'll change someone's mind on the doorstep so don't feel downcast if you haven't. You're there to speak to people about their concerns, awaken some sympathies for labour, turn the sympathisers into supporters and show the supporters that their vote counts.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Celtic beat the fascists again.

https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1192538823986683908?s=19

And yes that is the goal scorer doing a Mussolini impression.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

OwlFancier posted:

On a semi related note to that song I'm experiencing yiddish for the first time as opposed to german and having a lot of fun with the linguistic differences.

Much as I like german as a language I'm beginning to think I might like yiddish better. It seems much more... melodic than german. If I was making up a lanugage for singing in I'm not sure I could come up with one that sounds better. The way the words flow into each other sounds so good. It seems like a language based around how people actually speak.

I don't get why people get all fussy about whether it's a "real language" or not. It's fuckin great whatever it is.

http://www.klesmer-musik.de/arbetlose.htm

Yiddish is one of the best languages on earth for mildly insulting someone

Miftan posted:

All this Yiddish posting is making me sad I never learned it. My grandfather spoke it fluently but he's gone now, though knowing my luck he would've turned out to be a right wind poo poo. Anyway Judaism has a long and really successful history of leftism which nobody taught me when I was growing up in Israel for some reason????

Thats because they killed off the Kibbutzim

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1192546237234532353
That's a buttload of people to get out on a rainy Thursday. All to play for lads and lasses.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

jabby posted:

That's a buttload of people to get out on a rainy Thursday. All to play for lads and lasses.

Twitter user @Rachael_Swindon owns because they reply to like every single Corbyn tweet calling him 'boss', it's very charming and it's filtered into my gamer brain enough that now I'm an ironic-but-sort-of-not-ironic Diamond Dog and this election is potentially the satisfying climax Kojima never gave us.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

That Italian Guy posted:

Meet my friends bozo ✊ and jabroni 👊

I'm chopping down, packing up and delivering posh-Christmas trees to garden centres.

I've spent the last few months doing ecological survey work so I'm not even sure which end of the chainsaw you're meant to hold anymore.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Vitamin P posted:

Twitter user @Rachael_Swindon owns because they reply to like every single Corbyn tweet calling him 'boss', it's very charming and it's filtered into my gamer brain enough that now I'm an ironic-but-sort-of-not-ironic Diamond Dog and this election is potentially the satisfying climax Kojima never gave us.

Boris: "I'M FUCKIN' INVINCIBLE!"
*Gets sliced into 13,196 pieces by Jack the Corbyn*

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, it's not like big boss being alive in 2019 as the leader of the labour party would be any less of a weird plot twist than kojima normally does.

Or, get this, big boss has always been jeremy corbyn and all the metal gear stuff is his cover story.

The real big boss is not running diamond dogs or building outer heaven, the real big boss defected during the virtuous mission and became a mild mannered politician in the UK.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Vitamin P posted:

corbyn judo throws me to the ground "thanks boss!"

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

Boris: "I'M FUCKIN' INVINCIBLE!"
*Gets sliced into 13,196 pieces by Jack the Corbyn*

If you don't want your ashes to be smeared across John McDonnells face in a weird post-Catholic ritual on an extremely gay anti-nationalist oil rig then Not My Comrade.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

staying up to play reedus-sim 2019

i hear he gets his whole reedus out in this one

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

jabby posted:

Clicked on the tweet expecting a comparison to the Nuremberg rallies and wasn't disappointed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I never really can tell whether kojima thinks the boss is good or bad. Like yeah he's anti nationalist but the reason he's anti nationalist is because he doesn't get to kill enough people as part of a national military.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Hey so Sheffield is underwater.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

OwlFancier posted:

I never really can tell whether kojima thinks the boss is good or bad. Like yeah he's anti nationalist but the reason he's anti nationalist is because he doesn't get to kill enough people as part of a national military.

Kojima pivoted hard into "Big Boss is actually good" some time around MGS3 which is why 5 ended up such an incoherent mess, cuz he had to somehow walk the lines of "Big Boss is a war criminal who built an entire nation because he didn't get to kill enough people" and "Big Boss was actually anti-nationalist whose heart was in the right place".

I could rant for hours about how much of a loving mess MGS5 was and why it had no reason to exist.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I could rant for hours about how much of a loving mess MGS5 was and why it had no reason to exist.

Go on.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Borrow some of the battleship armour plates from Kelham Island and build a boat.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Took me two and a half hours for a 45 min journey to get home :thumbsup:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
Yo J-Corbz! I reckon you could give a banger of a speech using the phrase "we are listening!" like you did with "who's side are you on?"

You could talk about society's ills and end each bit with "we are listening!", and then you could say "but don't take just my word for it." Then transition to talking about voting, canvassing, writing to your MP etc as "that is how you make sure that we are listening. Do not accept representatives who refuse to listen!"

Throw in some stuff about worker solidarity and industrial action also being how to make sure politicians are listening, then end with "We are listening! Now go make sure that everyone listens!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

OwlFancier posted:

Much better songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPTCq3LiZSE

The Glumslinger posted:

Yiddish is one of the best languages on earth for mildly insulting someone
A long time ago there was a thing going round the old gamespy forums that claimed there was an old Yiddish expletive zayin ba'ayin or something like that, which was supposed to mean 'a dick in your eye.' I asked a Jewish friend of mine a few* years ago but she said at best it meant 'flesh in your eye.' Never found out the deal with that but 'a dick in your eye' is an absolutely fantastic rejoinder.

* Ten

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'll spare you, beyond "MGS5 existing renders the plot of 3 seperate other games in the series complete nonsense, including retconning the ending of Peace Walker, where the writers somehow absolutely threaded the needle of closing the loop on the entire series to make it a fairly coherent story".

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

Edit: Beaten by Miftan

And what was in the sock that he beat you with? See, it's all a misdirection from his true identity of the Chocolate Orange Killer!

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Ratjaculation posted:

I wish I had a van :(

buy an old poo poo van and make it a house it's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i've seen things you people wouldn't believe
Plastic bags on fire on the shoulder of a benefits mum. I watched D-Cam do lines in the dark near the Pigfucker Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to lose.