Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mind the walrus posted:

I remember Chapelle's Show made a joke about that.

Wait really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Yeah. Dave did a parody of trading spouses with 1 black couple and 1 white, and the black husband is stunned to find out white people don't use them

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah. Dave did a parody of trading spouses with 1 black couple and 1 white, and the black husband is stunned to find out white people don't use them

And apparently black women grow their pubes out too. We all learned something that day.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Today I learned I may be...black?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
So what do white people use instead?

I’m white and I’ve always used a washcloth.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Dave is rather fond of generalizing for the sake of a punchline

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

A rag on a stick

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I mean, I wash my rear end with the patriarchy, but I can't speak for everyone.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

cats

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That historical docudrama on white people from the 90s

loving
Rich
Idiot
Entitled
Narcissistic
Douchebags

better known as the F.R.I.E.N.D.S project had this to say:

"the soap is self-cleaning"

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I use a bath loofah, mainly because it works better with the liquid body soap I use rather than bar soap. Wash clothes are good for bar soap though.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

One of those shower puff thingies

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Corn cobs

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I recently started using a loofah too once I went away from soaps using SLS since those need extra help getting lathery. Still use a washcloth in the b-crack though.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Goons just shed pieces of their assholes in the shower

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

We were a loofah household until my wife found a roach hanging out in one. We have a full shower door so how it got there in our immaculately clean house I will never know. I preferred loofahs too but it's all washcloths in my future.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I mean, I wash my rear end with the patriarchy, but I can't speak for everyone.

Must get crowded in the shower

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Goons just shed pieces of their assholes in the shower

oh christ i'd forgotten all about that story

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I don’t wash my rear end because I’m not gay

god that was an amazing reddit thread

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

EorayMel posted:

A two for one deal, perfect for playing a game of "guess the year from EorayMel posts"

drat, I was thinking bachelor goon thread circa 2011

Anyway I don't wash my hands with a wash cloth, why should I use one for the rest of me?

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

sebmojo posted:

sebmojo posted:

Gonna need both of these

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Peanut butter and the dog, then they kiss the dog on the mouth

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

D-Pad posted:

Gonna need both of these

hark to the tale of ge cafe

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Bobby Digital posted:

I don’t wash my rear end because I’m not gay

god that was an amazing reddit thread

I absolutely, positively refuse to believe that that wasn't some masterful trolling attempt.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Neito posted:

I absolutely, positively refuse to believe that that wasn't some masterful trolling attempt.

I have met people irl who believe this

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Heath posted:

Peanut butter and the dog, then they kiss the dog on the mouth

I tried this and now I’m pretty clean. Not sure about the point of that second step though? Oh well, the dog seemed to like it.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Soricidus posted:

p-value is stored in the balls

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This one is a bit of a walk but I belly-laughed

Croatoan posted:

Ahem. I am here to announce this week's Chick-fil-a derail
https://www.advocate.com/commentary/2019/11/18/chick-fil-says-they-will-stop-donating-anti-lgbtq-organizations

quote:

Chick-fil-A has pledged to finally stop funding anti-LGBTQ organizations after years of protests against the brand.

The popular fast-food chain's foundation has donated millions of dollars to groups such as Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Salvation Army. Both organizations have long histories of being anti-LGBTQ and will now allegedly no longer receive money from the company.

“We made multi-year commitments to both organizations and we fulfilled those obligations in 2018,” a Chick-fil-A spokeswoman said on Monday, according to CNBC. The company says it will now be focusing on three pillars of giving that focus on education, homelessness, and hunger.

I guess you can eat there again but honestly the Popeyes one is better. The lines fuckin suck but it'll chill out eventually. Be cautious though. They said the same thing in 2012

Queen Combat posted:

Apparently they're just shifting towards donating to their own foundation, which then donates on cfa's behalf to the same places. Sooooooo

Soysaucebeast posted:

Do you have a link on that? I know I'm going to have more than one friend excited that they can eat Chick-fil-A now, and I'd want something more substantial than "some dude on a dead gay forum" as a source when I tell them about this.

Sir Lemming posted:

Sadly, they will now be donating to some organization called The "Dead Gay" Forum

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

polymathy posted:

Nah, I just don't fight women. That's all.

I've trained in martial arts for twenty years (since I was a kid). I've studied Tae Kwon Do, Kickboxing and Jiu Jitsu. Don't make me laugh that I'd be afraid of some antifa punks.

I don't choose violence as a resolution to any conflict. That might be your primary way of dealing with intellectual opponents, but it's not mine.

:hmmyes:

polymathy posted:

Hey, gently caress you for making GBS threads up this thread with your verbal diarrhea. You're a sad excuse for a "man". You're evidently so insecure about what you believe that your only able to vomit incoherent expletives that lower the IQ of anyone unfortunate enough to read your posts.

You talk tough as a pencil neck keyboard warrior, but talk to me like that in real life and I'll beat you like a red-headed stepchild. Send you home crying to mommy with the scars of a public humiliation burned into your psyche.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

:hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

GolfHole posted:

dont listen to these morons any idiot can cut down a tree a fuckin beaver can do it

Tony Snark posted:

Takes a lot Kegels to build up to that level though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Oh it's the g-g-g-g-bye episode

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The essence of the criticism of the criticism that has been ongoing, at least on my part, is that it is bad. It is not good. It is really not very informative. It is not that it is bad to "care".

If you actually legitimately care about film, there is a good chance you do not post about it on this web site, because if you look at the movie forum (or the book forum, etc) you see that largely there's an incredible fixation on really childish products (and they are usually products rather than films) with a corresponding lack of taste. I'm sure it's an idea that's unfamiliar to you, as a grown man who wants to surgically replace his dick and balls with a coin operated motorised Donald Duck ride who is about 3 wispy chin hairs away from being a convicted rapist, but when criticism is coming from a really juvenile place about a less-juvenile subject it can seem very superficial and difficult to respect. Like when they allow kids to do news reports on the actual news.

This is one side of the coin here. Some of the reviewers present as, essentially, children of varying extreme largeness. But even if you read what they have to say about children's movies, it's still incredibly basic analysis of a film seen through a lens of a culture who are obsessed with identity politics in all things.

For example, if you read this week's review of The Boxtrolls, all you will learn is:

- The reviewer liked Coraline and Paranorman, but this film has a worse story
- There are trolls who wear boxes, also there are two characters who have names
- The film is nominally about the trolls who wear boxes, however it focuses on one of them who isn't REALLY a troll, but is actually a boy. This is a "big problem".
- The villain is avaristic and ugly. He pretends to be a woman, this is also a big problem, but we're not told why. Just that tumblr dislikes that and they're right to do so.
- The animation is good, kids will like it.

The only thing gleaned from this review that you won't get from the trailer is a number score and at some point a man wears a dress. It's an 800 word sideways glance at a movie and it really does not do a good job reviewing it outside of conveying the general sentiment that it's sort of not bad. I don't respect this, and I don't much care what this person has to say about other movies especially if they're more complicated than this movie for 6-year-olds.

On top of which the reviews are completely joyless, on a comedy web site. It's not just that it's really out of place, it's poorly executed in its own right. I'm not trying to illegally troll or insult them so please do not electronically beat me up, but I don't think they're cut out for this.

Thank you for reading this wearying post. As a reward, here is a picture of the cast of Duck Tales taking public transport so you can finally blast the biggest load of your life you mewling piece of poo poo idiot

Didn't realise how old the thread was and almost ended up trying to write a takedown of this takedown. :ughh:

10/10 would almost do again.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thanks for letting us know, you massive weirdo

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

To be precise, he said they rub the bar of soap "between their nasty asscheeks"

content:

ratbert90 posted:

Those engineers and scientists do deserve commendation. They are amazing people with a ton of talent. But you can’t discount the guy who is paying them and spearheading the company as well. Without him, those scientists wouldn’t be making the cool tech that might save the planet.

botany posted:

Those slaves do deserve commendation. They were amazing people with a ton of talent. But you can’t discount the slave owners who were owning them and spearheading the plantations as well. Without them, those slaves wouldn’t have produced the goods that ran the american economy.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ngl I was really pleased that that article really exists

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

That was a good'un. Gonna make good use of that wiki page, lol

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Alaois posted:

thanks for letting us know, you massive weirdo

You're welcome stranger! :classiclol:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Syd Midnight posted:

To be precise, he said they rub the bar of soap "between their nasty asscheeks"

content:

Where is this. It has to be Musk

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Where is this. It has to be Musk

Please stop dragging Musk between things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I only want to drag Musk between the two poles of a guillotine.