Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Animal-Mother posted:

Space..... was angry that day, my friends.
Like a Klingon trying to send back blood worms at a deli.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Aramoro posted:

Whislt Sam Porter Bridges, a Porter who works for the Bridges, is an incredible bit of nominative determinism you can't overlook the other incredible names in the game. Like Die-Hardman, Deadman, Amelie & Bridget Strand (Nudge nudge wink wink), Heartman etc.

Why are you nudging me

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I dunno why but I always kinda thought those mouse soup maker things were for making snakes liquid mice for when they feel bad.

Awww old bertie's can't digest too well these days, better homogenize a mouse

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Oddhair posted:

Yeah, I call it walking simulator for accountants

Does it have QuickBooks Pro??!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/evilbart24/status/1197607893094277127

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

bike tory posted:

I'm sorry, are you suggesting a video game plot summary reads badly? Surely not video games, which include such lofty, deep, intellectual plotlines as "nazi moonbase", "North Korea invades the Philippines (but actually it's America because it's an island populated by Americans)", "Nazi zombies on an undiscovered Pacific island", or probably the best: "Demons from literal hell invade a Mars".

Video game plotlines seem to be constantly trying to recapture late 80s/early 90s big budget action movie stupidity and they literally don't seem to be moving on from that.

Ok bud but movies aren't up to scratch either, with recent blockbusters being "Robot man thinks he might be real, is fake", "Man goes to space to save humanity, ends up saving humanity, also love is the fifth dimension", and "Three men get slipped rohypnol in vegas, some 'crazy' stuff happened ha ha very funny".

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Where do I get gamer dad water?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Elfface posted:

Where do I get gamer dad water?

Usually from the reused 2 liters scattered around the room

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dang, missed page 1701. Well, see you all on page 74205 with some funny DS9 pics.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Knormal posted:

Dang, missed page 1701. Well, see you all on page 74205 with some funny DS9 pics.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

https://twitter.com/DanShenise/status/1197921922467713024

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lmao

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

alexandriao posted:

Ok bud but movies aren't up to scratch either, with recent blockbusters being "Robot man thinks he might be real, is fake", "Man goes to space to save humanity, ends up saving humanity, also love is the fifth dimension", and "Three men get slipped rohypnol in vegas, some 'crazy' stuff happened ha ha very funny".

Ya, big budget movies arent known to be particularly challenging or thought provoking either. But I definitely think the writing and plotlines in big budget video games tends to be a lot worse than movies, and then when you condense it down to a plot summary they almost always end up sounding totally ridiculous.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

alexandriao posted:

Media already hit its peak in 2002 and its all just been a steady decline since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko0J8Ft_bxg

Rabble rabble, mad at Star Wars.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

You don't drink your pee in death stranding you save it to throw at your enemies. You actually can only drink monster energy drink. Any fresh water you collect in your canteen is turned into monster by nanomachines.

Herr Bazooka
May 21, 2007

rodbeard posted:

You don't drink your pee in death stranding you save it to throw at your enemies. You actually can only drink monster energy drink. Any fresh water you collect in your canteen is turned into monster by nanomachines.

So they are in hell.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The real question is, what brand camping gear does Walkie Bridgeman use?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahWtINVwclU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

rodbeard posted:

If you drank redbull it'd be a flight sim

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

I made this joke to my friend that Death Stranding is the best boot camp sim I've played.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Knormal posted:

The real question is, what brand camping gear does Walkie Bridgeman use?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahWtINVwclU

He doesn’t use camping gear, but uses private rooms in shelters. These all have the exact same design, regardless of where in the post-apocalyptic US he is. Should he feel the need to poop to manufacture anti-monster grenades, the toilet in these rooms will provide some privacy by projecting an advertisement on the toilet doors for “Ride with Norman Reedus” on AMC. And before he heads out, he can opt to wear J.F Rey sunglasses.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 13:25 on Nov 23, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

I tried this when I was younger, it tasted like burning.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

If you drank redbull it'd be a flight sim

No it won’t, and I’ll sue because it isn’t. And I’ll win.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Aramoro posted:

Whislt Sam Porter Bridges, a Porter who works for the Bridges, is an incredible bit of nominative determinism you can't overlook the other incredible names in the game. Like Die-Hardman, Deadman, Amelie & Bridget Strand (Nudge nudge wink wink), Heartman etc.

And if you want to create your own Hideo Kojima name, the internet has you covered: https://youtu.be/t-3i6GBYvdw

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Here's an automated form: https://dunajevs.github.io/kojima/

I'm Big Gun Cook.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Fools Infinite posted:

The reveal in Gravity's Rainbow is that the special secret v2 equipped with some secret nazi technology (which the book is loosely centered about) is actually a box for some kind of ritualistic/sexual human sacrifice.

The book also features an underground mine cart chase where the book's protagonist is chased by a group of drunk americans singing dirty limericks about loving rocket parts. This turns into a hot air balloon vs airplane pie fight. Their leader is later castrated while wearing a pig suit.

Well, obviously you miss the nuances if you don't mention the toiletship.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Media already hit its peak in 2002 and its all just been a steady decline since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko0J8Ft_bxg

Rabble rabble, mad at Star Wars.

It was his hat Mr. Krabs, he was number one!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

By popular demand posted:

I'm Big Gun Cook.

:confused::hf::hmmyes:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Spot on

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'd just steal Shoot Ginner's name from the first metal gear. It'd be an accurate summary of my powers, plus i could monologue during my death about how the first Shoot Gunner was my dad and i swore revenge on snake, and the Patriots

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'd just steal Shoot Ginner's name from the first metal gear. It'd be an accurate summary of my powers, plus i could monologue during my death about how the first Shoot Gunner was my dad and i swore revenge on snake, and the Patriots

Obamos looks like a purple Dwayne Johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

By popular demand posted:

I'm Big Gun Cook.

Is this where Lowtax got his donation tags from?