Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
DH is way waaay tankier and safe to play than Crusader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
These are my first few hours on a crusader ever and it's how I feel :shrug: It might change once I start hitting triple digit GRs.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Nice, playing wizard and got a Manald Heal so I switched over to Arcane Torrent/Static Discharge. Got a Goldwyrm/Boon of the Hoarder combo going too. I'm throwing all my blood shards on shoulders to try and get a Mantle of Channeling, and working my way through the season journey. Anything else I can be doing to up my power?

e: I also got a Fulminator - do the lightning pulses from that trigger Paralysis?

also, a mechanics question: is Arcane Torrent/Static Discharge scale with arcane damage, lightning damage, or both?

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 23, 2019

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Your rune dictates the damage. So lightning in that case. I think archon damage is based on whatever you highest % elemental damage from gear is though.

mewse
May 2, 2006

bamhand posted:

DH is way waaay tankier and safe to play than Crusader.

Says something about the game design that the ranged class with dinky little hand bows is more robust that the class that appears to be a literal tank

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Jinnigan posted:

e: I also got a Fulminator - do the lightning pulses from that trigger Paralysis?
As a general rule, procs do not proc procs.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

bamhand posted:

Your rune dictates the damage. So lightning in that case. I think archon damage is based on whatever you highest % elemental damage from gear is though.

For Manald Heal you need to have Lightning % be your highest rolled element from gear, even if you are using the Lightning rune for Archon, or else the proc won't work.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Cord of the Sherma's blind seems to be affecting bonus damage granted by Cesar's Memento. Not sure when this item got updated but it has been very nice on my monk.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

For Manald Heal you need to have Lightning % be your highest rolled element from gear, even if you are using the Lightning rune for Archon, or else the proc won't work.

At yeah that 'makes sense" based on how archon damage is treated. I think there are a couple other exceptions where damage type is based on your gear?

Diephoon posted:

Cord of the Sherma's blind seems to be affecting bonus damage granted by Cesar's Memento. Not sure when this item got updated but it has been very nice on my monk.

Get Won Kim Lau and then use the freeze rune with cyclone strike to really start having fun.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

mewse posted:

Says something about the game design that the ranged class with dinky little hand bows is more robust that the class that appears to be a literal tank

And that's after they adjusted the passive damage reduction and buffed crusaders.....
Crusader really could do with a zDPS build.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Biggest design issue with non-LoD Crusaders is that their DR options from gear are inadequate, meaning all of them have to essentially build around their double cheat death. But in order to do that effectively you need ORotZ in most non-Akkhan builds, meaning you have to drop at least one powerful jewelry slot to sustain it, and Akkhan has been kinda neglected itself over the past few power creep cycles. If I were promoted to Lead Intern at D3 headquarters I would remove the cheat death from Prophet, make the 2h Flail the all rune option, then give Crusaders some stronger DR options on rings belts and bracers.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Or, and here’s a bonkers idea, give shields damage reduction abilities and make blocking better.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah seriously. Only one class ever uses shields and the protection they provide is a joke. Like maybe make Justice Lantern baseline or something.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s just annoying because I feel like while Dodging scales (it’s binary, right? You either take damage or you take no damage, whether it’s 1,000 damage or 10,000,000,000) but blocking doesn’t appear to scale whatsoever, or at least not at a rate that means it matters.

gently caress I remember maybe two years ago playing HC and running Justice Lantern and Bloodbrother and feeling completely unkillable.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Shields block like 20k damage when you have toughness in the billions.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
Shield block was good in vanilla but the diablo team is a skeleton crew and can’t keep everything up to date I guess. Perhaps it could scale with stamina since I think that’s the only stat that only has one effect for every class

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
If I heard right the current team for Diablo 3 is 2-3 guys. The rest of the team is focusing on Diablo 4.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

eric ciaramella posted:

Shields block like 20k damage when you have toughness in the billions.

The block is after mitigation so it's actually better than it looks. But people still have 500k hp and often take hits of 100k or more so 20k isn't exactly huge.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Daric posted:

If I heard right the current team for Diablo 3 is 2-3 guys. The rest of the team is focusing on Diablo 4.

One of which is the community manager

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I ended up rolling Barb this season and just got to the endgame. Got 4/6 pieces of the season set so far and Rend is fun. Don't have Ambo's though so it's a little stunted. Gonna work on that this weekend.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So if you are using Ambos Pride you still have to have Rend on your bar to choose a sub gem for it ?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Right it's worth it to have a rune selected even if you will never cast it manually.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
yeah otherwise it will apply baseline Rend

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Man this wrath of wastes rend /ww build is super flexible. You can do lots of different little things with it

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Or, and here’s a bonkers idea, give shields damage reduction abilities and make blocking better.

High level play can already be a version of bullet hell. Having a meta roll whose job is to specifically run into all the bulleta for the team would be pretty fun.

Edit:

euphronius posted:

Man this wrath of wastes rend /ww build is super flexible. You can do lots of different little things with it

The new monk set is pretty surprisingly flexible too. So far it is everything I had wanted Lazymancer to be.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 24, 2019

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Haven't played in a couple years and the D4 announcement makes me want to play again. What's the goto resource for good builds? I have no idea of my old characters even exist anymore.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Icy veins has nice written out guides for template builds

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I'm torn between crusader and wizard for this season. I want to try the new crusader set, but I've played crusader more recently than wizard. Do either of them have frustrations/pitfalls this season?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well I managed to get the Bul-Kathos set weapons and Ambo's today so that was a short weekend. I basically have infinite Fury now, it never goes lower than full, and I melt everything. Still looking for the Lamentation belt and something to go in my bracers, plus I'm very squishy so looking for something to fix that, but it's otherwise the most fun I've ever had playing Diablo 3. I fly through GRs and NRs.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Daric posted:

Well I managed to get the Bul-Kathos set weapons and Ambo's today so that was a short weekend. I basically have infinite Fury now, it never goes lower than full, and I melt everything. Still looking for the Lamentation belt and something to go in my bracers, plus I'm very squishy so looking for something to fix that, but it's otherwise the most fun I've ever had playing Diablo 3. I fly through GRs and NRs.

Remember to use the cube to get the lamentation mighty belt, and not gamble for it.

Wish they'd update some of these conquests, avarice only needs 50 million gold

And maybe make the season journey a bit tougher so it's not done after a day

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hit GR70 with my Rendwind Barb, got a Pull of the Earth Primal.

Fairly disappointing.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Daric posted:

Ring of Might to fix your squishiness. Literally multiples your toughness by 5.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Surely someone by now must've collected at least one set piece of fully primal ancient legendaries on non season, right?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Daric posted:

Mortik's gives you everything that Wrath has to offer, and if you equip an Obsidian then you can pretty much have Wrath up constantly due to 24/7 WW.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Just hit GR 80 with whirlwind barb, my time is about 3 minutes. I have all the gear I need for both speed and push builds. What should I do now? Farm GR 80 repeatedly and keep reforging until I get a full suit of ancients before pushing further?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Hit GR70 with my Rendwind Barb, got a Pull of the Earth Primal.

Fairly disappointing.

During the Legacy of Nightmares season, my first primal was a Wailing Host, that had neither CHD nor CHC on it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I've gotten my CDR so low with Holy Shotgun while mainhanding In-Geom that I'll sometimes get a second Prophet proc a few seconds after the first when it loops over. You don't even need a Darklight. Feels like cheating.

I hope the other Crusader sets get power crept up to Valor's level because it's ridiculous.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kheldarn posted:

CR was piss easy. Finished with 1:30 left.

How? I can't even figure out what the build is meant to do.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jedit posted:

How? I can't even figure out what the build is meant to do.

Horse from Elite to Elite, and Shield them to death, grabbing Pylons on the way. Here's Rax's video guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Kheldarn posted:

Horse from Elite to Elite, and Shield them to death, grabbing Pylons on the way. Here's Rax's video guide.

EU and US got a different challenge rift, the EU one is more difficult with a lovely build

That diablo you get at 1000 kills sure doesn't gently caress around. I'd just cleared a 109 solo and any attack he did in a 2 player game one-shot me with all the mitigation up.