Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Zaroff posted:

Is the artwork inside any better than that horrendous Photoshop nightmare they decided to put out as a cover?

See for yourself, but in a word: Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I like the Ferengi episodes of DS9 but hate the mirror world episodes, this ep started off with promise (the Nagus has been kidnapped, Quark and Rom are tasked to find him), but once they get into the mirror universe it just becomes a drag. What a weird way to introduce Mirror World Ezri Dax too, the mirror world version of Dax just so happened to die and have the same inexperienced Trill host nearby I guess.

E: haha Rom’s voicing my frustrations with the mirror universe.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 27, 2019

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

ruddiger posted:

What a weird way to introduce Mirror World Ezri Dax too, the mirror world version of Dax just so happened to die and have the same inexperienced Trill host nearby I guess.

She's explicitly not Dax.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

As far as I recall there are only about five plot relevant episodes in seven seasons of Voyager.

Let’s see, from my memory:

Why they are in the DQ.
What happened to Seska.
Who is 7 of 9.
What is the mobile emitter.
Why can they talk to the AQ.
Where did Neelix go.
How do they get home.

I’m probably missing some minor character stuff (like if Naomi or the Borg kids appears in any of those episodes) but mostly checks out.

By itself not a bad thing but again, Voyager is all about ignoring its own premise.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

MrL_JaKiri posted:

She's explicitly not Dax.

Both mirror Ezri and mirror Jadzia were never joined. In one of the earlier mirror universe episodes Sisko even calls Jadzia 'Dax' by mistake and everyone wonders who he's talking about.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Both mirror Ezri and mirror Jadzia were never joined. In one of the earlier mirror universe episodes Sisko even calls Jadzia 'Dax' by mistake and everyone wonders who he's talking about.

Ah, I didn’t catch that. Thanks.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I thought I remembered that too and was watching for it on my recent complete DS9 re-watch, but nope, in the mirror universe, Jadzia is most definitely Dax. I guess we're both mis-remembering the bit with un-joined mirror Ezri later on.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ruddiger posted:

I like the Ferengi episodes of DS9 but hate the mirror world episodes, this ep started off with promise (the Nagus has been kidnapped, Quark and Rom are tasked to find him), but once they get into the mirror universe it just becomes a drag. What a weird way to introduce Mirror World Ezri Dax too, the mirror world version of Dax just so happened to die and have the same inexperienced Trill host nearby I guess.

E: haha Rom’s voicing my frustrations with the mirror universe.

Neither of the mirror Daxes were Daxes. They were both unjoined Ezri and Jadzia

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It's gotta be somewhat awkward having had sex with your second in command and your science officer (or at least their bodies), and you're the only one who knows it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The dumb Timelines game I'm now obsessed with actually names Mirror Ezri properly, but not Mirror Jadzia:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Jadzia isn't a character without Dax. She's barely one with Dax.

Dat Ezri, tho? Hell yeah. The episode where she goes home and nobody has any idea what to do with this brand new person wearing her skin, it's exactly the kinda thing Trill stories need.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Beachcomber posted:

It's gotta be somewhat awkward having had sex with your second in command and your science officer (or at least their bodies), and you're the only one who knows it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sisko justifying his hatred for Vic Fontaine is just a smokescreen and he’s jealous the crew didn’t get as involved and excited for his baseball game with the Vulcans.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They got pretty involved and excited for that though

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

"Death to the opposition!"

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Neither of the mirror Daxes were Daxes. They were both unjoined Ezri and Jadzia

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The dumb Timelines game I'm now obsessed with actually names Mirror Ezri properly, but not Mirror Jadzia:

DS9 3x19 Through the Looking Glass, ~42:30, Mirror Jennifer Sisko, who moments earlier was speaking with Mirror Jadzia, says...

:colbert:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Well, Worf does.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Not enough to win. :colbert:

All joking aside, I really liked that baseball episode. Anyone know if they made real versions of those uniforms? I’d totally wear a Niners or Logicians jersey.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Someone probably did. I know there are a lot more replica hats because those are much easier to make.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Kibayasu posted:

Let’s see, from my memory:

Why they are in the DQ.
What happened to Seska.
Who is 7 of 9.
What is the mobile emitter.
Why can they talk to the AQ.
Where did Neelix go.
How do they get home.

I’m probably missing some minor character stuff (like if Naomi or the Borg kids appears in any of those episodes) but mostly checks out.

By itself not a bad thing but again, Voyager is all about ignoring its own premise.

See? Five!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Looks like someone made Sisko and Kira jerseys, but I was hoping to get a Rom one (he wore number 13).

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09/12/anovos-announces-star-trek-ds9-baseball-jersey-pre-orders/

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think Rom was pretty clear on the later Mirror Universe episodes not even trying to make sense anymore.

Kibayasu posted:

Well, Worf does.

O'Brien made whiskey flavored chewing gum, combining two great baseball traditions of chewing gum and getting drunk during the game. And Odo loved being the umpire.

Was still funny that the Vulcan captain was using the whole game to bitch about humans being inferior when the Niners weren't even half human. Dax even remarks 'Did I forget to wear my spots today?' While I got the impression the rest of the Logicians were pretty embarrassed about how their captain was acting. (Or just extras standing around awkwardly, but you know)

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

O'Brien made whiskey flavored chewing gum, combining two great baseball traditions of chewing gum and getting drunk during the game. And Odo loved being the umpire.

I forgot about the gum! You’re right, O’Brien was into it which would be why he became manager after Odo threw Sisko out.

Odo, like all umpires, is a worthless bum though.

That’s fair.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I was wrong, Dukat seducing Kai Winn while undercover as a Bajoran is peak Dukat.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

ruddiger posted:

Looks like someone made Sisko and Kira jerseys, but I was hoping to get a Rom one (he wore number 13).

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09/12/anovos-announces-star-trek-ds9-baseball-jersey-pre-orders/

For real authenticity you need a Kira and a Nerys shirt, since they hosed up and had her wearing shirts with both names!

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

How is this not a Pick post?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Powered Descent posted:

DS9 3x19 Through the Looking Glass, ~42:30, Mirror Jennifer Sisko, who moments earlier was speaking with Mirror Jadzia, says...

:colbert:

I reslly expected mirror-Jadzia to be unjoined after I heard Sisko gets it on with her in this episode. But nope, Sisko technically boned Curzon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Admiralty Flag posted:

Nobody has a monopoly on Star Trek homoeroticism.

davidspackage posted:

I reslly expected mirror-Jadzia to be unjoined after I heard Sisko gets it on with her in this episode. But nope, Sisko technically boned Curzon.

You know he's been wanting to for ages.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Nobody has a monopoly on Star Trek homoeroticism.

I got a pretty gay Trek sticker to put on my laptop the other day.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Haaaaaaaappy Treksgiving, suckas.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Gonz posted:

Haaaaaaaappy Treksgiving, suckas.

I shall try some of your burned replicated bird meat.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Earth, Squanto, 1621

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

"You haven't experienced Jordan Peterson until you've read him in the original Klingon," says your drunk uncle as he beckons you to pass him the gravy schooner.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Admiralty Flag posted:

I just believe in cross-pollinating trek communities for hybrid vigor.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Is it thanksgiving today? I can't keep track of your strange American holidays. Is it even a holiday? How much time off work do you get?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

marktheando posted:

Is it thanksgiving today? I can't keep track of your strange American holidays. Is it even a holiday? How much time off work do you get?

It's a federal holiday so most people get the day off. I think I have strep throat though, so that's just fantastic for dinner.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

marktheando posted:

Remember that time Charlie X mysteriously changed the ship's Thanksgiving meatloaf into actual Thanksgiving turkeys, and the ship's chef called up to the bridge to tell Kirk about it? That was Gene Roddenberry doing the voice, in his one and only Trek cameo.

e: Audio.

Powered Descent fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 28, 2019

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

It's a federal holiday so most people get the day off. I think I have strep throat though, so that's just fantastic for dinner.

That sucks. Feel better!

For some reason I thought thanksgiving was always on a Sunday. I've not seen my more annoying relatives since like last Christmas so my sympathies to yank goons having to awkwardly talk to theirs.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

Remember that time Charlie X mysteriously changed the ship's Thanksgiving meatloaf into actual Thanksgiving turkeys, and the ship's chef called up to the bridge to tell Kirk about it? That was Gene Roddenberry doing the voice, in his one and only Trek cameo.

e: Audio.

Haha nice. Meatloaf, the least futuristic food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Was still funny that the Vulcan captain was using the whole game to bitch about humans being inferior when the Niners weren't even half human. Dax even remarks 'Did I forget to wear my spots today?' While I got the impression the rest of the Logicians were pretty embarrassed about how their captain was acting. (Or just extras standing around awkwardly, but you know)

I loved that at the end of the episode, the Vulcan crew are hanging out with the Niners at Quark's. It's a really nice touch, and it shows more that Solok is the lone rear end in a top hat.

Drone posted:

"You haven't experienced Jordan Peterson until you've read him in the original Klingon," says your drunk uncle as he beckons you to pass him the gravy schooner.

I was going to assume terminally-online cousin, but sure.

"Clean your room before you start to criticize the galaxy!"
"That's easy for you to say when all you have to do is say, 'Computer, end program'!"