Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for not wanting to spend Thanksgiving at my cousins house , because of her legless fiancé?

It’s absolutely diabetes isn’t it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
I (26M) found out my fiance (27F) possibly gave a stripper a handjob at her bachelorette party

Sucks for this dude but also,

quote:

WOW Classic, listening to The Doors and Opeth

lol

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

It’s absolutely diabetes isn’t it?

It totally is, and that is in fact relevant. Someone who loses their legs through lack of compliance with their medical care while smoking a pack during thanksgiving dinner really paints quite a picture of just what a horror show this must be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Burying the lede here.

Landlord claiming she needs to move back into the house i’m renting from her

quote:

Hey, all!! This is in Oklahoma.

I’m two months into a 6-month rental agreement with a family friend. We have a semi-formal written agreement that includes how long the lease is, rent amount, and the people living in the house. It’s signed by both of us. I have the only copy.

This morning, she texted saying that she needs to move back home because she can’t afford the place she’s living in anymore.

If it’s worth anything, she’s a fugitive from the law so I don’t think she’d go to the courthouse and actually file an eviction notice, but I can’t be sure. Can she send someone on her behalf?

Any and all advice would be appreciated!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
ideally, all landlords would be fugitives from the law

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA my sister brought her randy boyfriend over for thanksgiving

/r/relationships: I wipe. close reddit.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

what happens to you if you're living in rented property and your landlord gets arrested?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Motronic posted:

It totally is, and that is in fact relevant. Someone who loses their legs through lack of compliance with their medical care while smoking a pack during thanksgiving dinner really paints quite a picture of just what a horror show this must be.

Yeah. But the sex is probably fantastic.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The police would never arrest a real landlord

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

muscles like this! posted:

Burying the lede here.

Landlord claiming she needs to move back into the house i’m renting from her

Call her and tell her you need her help moving some stuff into storage as a condition of her moving in, have the cops waiting for her. Boom, problem solved.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Power Khan posted:

My (34m) girlfriend (30f) ruined our vacation in Mexico and I ended it. Was it right?

On her side of things, I suffer from ADHD and she's been texting me things about how much of the failed relationship was really my fault since I can often forget small details or dates, or seem aloof occasionally when she tells me about her day.

That's not because of the ADHD. She has absolutely nothing to say. There are more interesting details hidden under the rocks at a pond. Small, brainless worms have more internal motive forces and more rich internal lives. She is utterly predictable and boring, the kind of disaster that can slide right past you and fall into a lake without caring about how it occurred. You should never have started dating her, but since you already did the only move is to :sever: and dump her as publicly as possible.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

what happens to you if you're living in rented property and your landlord gets arrested?
Very much depends on the reason for the arrest.

If it's something like drug running, they'd almost certainly search and seize the property under the (probably correct) assumption that it was the former/current site of criminal activity. The renter would get questioned by the police, but eventually just kicked out of the house by the cops and need to move.

In other cases, it'd probably be treated just like your actual house is when someone gets arrested - it's just a thing you own that remains yours while you're in jail for your DUI or whatever. The renter stays there, continues to pay rent, etc, same as normal...albeit with a slightly lower chance of actually getting something fixed when you complain to the landlord.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA my sister brought her randy boyfriend over for thanksgiving

3am: I go up open the locked door and put a chair in front of it (there both awake making a lot of noise well I’m trying to watch The mando ) I say you and my wife talked about this keep the door open!

LMAO, this dude either set an alarm or stayed up all night so he could watch the new star wars episode the second it went online.

Dude sounds corny as hell and writes like Rorschach from Watchmen, but regardless "yeah you can crash here but don't screw on my daughter's bed" is a simple and reasonable edict. If you are that hornt up for eachother get an uber and a motel6.

Also who on earth is ready to get it on with their guts just chock full thanksgiving dinner?

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 29, 2019

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Dienes posted:

I (26M) found out my fiance (27F) possibly gave a stripper a handjob at her bachelorette party

Why would you give a stripper a handjob? “Es heißt ja auch Handjob, und nicht Handholiday.”

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Grape posted:

It should be glaringly obvious this poor dude has really low self esteem.
It's actually pretty positive that he did break it off, as normally someone like this is who abusive people manage to keep around.

Yeah it's an easily co-morbid issue.
Basically ADHD is like going through life as a normal person in most every respect except your constantly making tiny mistakes among other things. And you can grow up not trusting yourself and feeling like a fundamental gently caress up. It can be devastating on the self-esteem.

Clitch posted:

If you go undiagnosed, it gets you called dumb and lazy your entire childhood and puts your self-worth in the toilet.

This this this this this this this this this this this this.
A lot of the poo poo you get about being dumb and lazy is background poo poo you internalize. And well-intentioned poo poo that's either supposed to motivate you from rear end in a top hat teachers or from frustrated otherwise good parents who can't understand why their bright child that has no learning disabilities (because good luck getting that diagnosed as afab or a teen/adult or someone who masks well or is smart or god forbid all of those) won't do things/do things right. If you're bright I think the "lazy" aspect gets leaned on more. You're wasting your potential! You obviously are just doing it because you don't care/to be spiteful! The homework is so easy for you, so why don't you just do it?

quote:

On her side of things, I suffer from ADHD and she's been texting me things about how much of the failed relationship was really my fault since I can often forget small details or dates, or seem aloof occasionally when she tells me about her day. I do recognize these faults of mine and they're something I work on adamantly, but I don't think it excuses her actions. Even if I fail more heavily then I realize, or perhaps I was a bit too emotional over the trip (another item she stated), I feel actions speak volumes and we'll all have tough moments but we need to both be supportive instead of disregarding the other. She continues to text me, mostly telling me this is my fault and I need to give her another chance. Should I?
But then there are these people, who will use every minor gently caress up against you. This starts with teachers happy. I don't know why, but some teachers just hate some children. Most people with undiagnosed ADHD I've met had at least one teacher who berated them constantly for every small thing. They definitely seem to take it personally if an otherwise smart kid isn't getting work done. Like the kid hates their teacher as opposed to being a bored 6 year old. So when you get older and start getting into relationships and poo poo, you're so used to people giving you poo poo for something that everyone seems to agree is just a personal failing, you don't even realize that a partner doing that is a red flag. Any abuser will do this; convince you that all the small mistakes you make are equal to them making one big mistake. But when you've already been convinced you're a garbage human for making these mistakes your entire life, it makes it a lot easier to escalate from "yeah I lost $500 on gambling and drinking but you never do the dishes and forget to pay cable this was one mistake" to "yeah I blew a dude on vacation but you're always loving up dinner and forgetting my birthday and never got the car washed and even paid rent late again and I just needed to loving relax without worrying about another gently caress up"

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Pinecone Sample posted:

Yeah. But the sex is probably fantastic.

That’s probably true, what with the artery in his dick hardened permanently into stone.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

New Coke posted:

Strong Pete qualities here, even if the guy did have kind of a nerdy bachelor party.

That's not a pete story it's red pill fan fiction.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Araenna posted:

This this this this this this this this this this this this.
A lot of the poo poo you get about being dumb and lazy is background poo poo you internalize. And well-intentioned poo poo that's either supposed to motivate you from rear end in a top hat teachers or from frustrated otherwise good parents who can't understand why their bright child that has no learning disabilities (because good luck getting that diagnosed as afab or a teen/adult or someone who masks well or is smart or god forbid all of those) won't do things/do things right. If you're bright I think the "lazy" aspect gets leaned on more. You're wasting your potential! You obviously are just doing it because you don't care/to be spiteful! The homework is so easy for you, so why don't you just do it?

But then there are these people, who will use every minor gently caress up against you. This starts with teachers happy. I don't know why, but some teachers just hate some children. Most people with undiagnosed ADHD I've met had at least one teacher who berated them constantly for every small thing. They definitely seem to take it personally if an otherwise smart kid isn't getting work done. Like the kid hates their teacher as opposed to being a bored 6 year old. So when you get older and start getting into relationships and poo poo, you're so used to people giving you poo poo for something that everyone seems to agree is just a personal failing, you don't even realize that a partner doing that is a red flag. Any abuser will do this; convince you that all the small mistakes you make are equal to them making one big mistake. But when you've already been convinced you're a garbage human for making these mistakes your entire life, it makes it a lot easier to escalate from "yeah I lost $500 on gambling and drinking but you never do the dishes and forget to pay cable this was one mistake" to "yeah I blew a dude on vacation but you're always loving up dinner and forgetting my birthday and never got the car washed and even paid rent late again and I just needed to loving relax without worrying about another gently caress up"
[/quote]

As an adult I have pretty obvious ADD, but when I tried to get a diagnosis I was told by the doctor that I obviously didn't have it because I was able to get decent grades in college and hold a steady job.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

That's not a pete story it's red pill fan fiction.

I could see that, but it could also be real. Bachelor parties have been getting tamer since the 2000s, and bachelorette parties have been getting more and more insane like bachelor parties used to be.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
it's legal for women to be horny now. in new york it's traditional to greet an eligble bachelor by throwing your leg up over his shoulder.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

My bachelor party was doing paintball then staying up till 2 playing a decades old wargame.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dienes posted:

From the context, all of the women there stroked a stripper's cock a few times

"My fiance has touched the flesh of another man, now she is impure" seems like a massive overreaction to me

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Lmao you guys never cease to amaze me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

QuarkJets posted:

"My fiance has touched the flesh of another man, now she is impure" seems like a massive overreaction to me

"My fiance performed a sex act on another man while she was engaged to me" is absolutely a deal breaker. It doesn't matter if all the other women also did it.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Most people find cheating to be a dealbreaker, you weirdo.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

QuarkJets posted:

I've seen way worse at bachelor parties at gay clubs tbh

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Let they who have not fingerblasted/tugged off a stripper while engaged bust the first nut.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

Sucks for this dude but also,

lol

lmao

quote:

ANY sex or romantic kissing outside that relationship was a complete deal breaker that was established when the relationship had begun.

At this point I informed my parents and brothers what was going on, and of course my mother starts crying.

MOTHER are you aware that Jane 'jacked off' a male stripper?!?!?!?!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

Most people find cheating to be a dealbreaker, you weirdo.

Sure but touching a penis at a strip club isn't cheating anymore than touching some boobs at a strip club would be. For some couples any form of touch crosses the line but I think that's pretty prudish

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Sure but touching a penis at a strip club isn't cheating anymore than touching some boobs at a strip club would be

Lmao at this.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

I could see that, but it could also be real. Bachelor parties have been getting tamer since the 2000s, and bachelorette parties have been getting more and more insane like bachelor parties used to be.

Yeah i don't doubt that handjobs and more happen, just that all the "I trusted her completely and almost got conned 100% So lucky a bro was there to wake me up" sounded very lovely. Maybe I'm just reading the tone wrong though.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

QuarkJets posted:

Sure but touching a penis at a strip club isn't cheating anymore than touching some boobs at a strip club would be. For some couples any form of touch crosses the line but I think that's pretty prudish

I guess it's easy to be this woke when relationships are nothing but hypothetical concepts to you.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I can't believe he'd throw it all away just because she touched what I'm sure was a beautiful penis. Like anyone can see a penis and not immediately want to touch it, stroke it, or cradle it in your arms like a baby. If he was smart he would demand that he get to touch a penis in order to make things equal. That's how it worked with me and my ex-wife. I told her once I'd touched enough penises then she'd have the right to touch mine, but I had to touch a lot of penises first. I don't think I ever hit my quota so she just kind of demanded that we finally consummate our marriage around the 3 year mark. I really blame her for ruining the relationship with her incessant demands that we have sex.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Lmao at this.

Exactly, it's stupid to classify boob touching at a strip club as cheating, thank you for agreeing and laughing along at my witty comparison

Leon Einstein posted:

I guess it's easy to be this woke when relationships are nothing but hypothetical concepts to you.

I'm married, thanks

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Yeah i don't doubt that handjobs and more happen, just that all the "I trusted her completely and almost got conned 100% So lucky a bro was there to wake me up" sounded very lovely. Maybe I'm just reading the tone wrong though.

I'm torn because while it does read a bit like red pill fanfic, you'd think that instead of copping to playing Warcraft for his bachelor party he'd at least come up with something like "We did some reps and sets, and then shot guns, and then hung sheet rock around the engine we were rebuilding before a midnight tackle football game."

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

QuarkJets posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhh :staredog:

I think you should realize you're out on the libertine side of the population that accepts cheating as a valid concept, because there's a lot of people for whom "you can look but don't touch" is the accepted line and a lot of people for whom it would be totally unacceptable for their partner to go to a strip club at all.

Also touching boobs is not really the correct analogy, it'd be more like rubbing or (depending on whether or not it was an actual loving handjob) a pussy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Many people would find touching breasts at a strip club cheating.

Though that’s generally not what you do there anyway

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

*Jacks off stripper until he cums, blasting my chest with his semen*

"What?!? I just touched his penis. That's fair game."

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

QuarkJets posted:

Both of those would indeed be cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Touching a stripper's boob/penis is maybe not be cheating, but it is sexual assault ( even if the stripper "consents" that consent is coerced by putting them on the spot while in a vulnerable situation) and that should be a bigger deal breaker than cheating.