Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Rust Martialis posted:

Some people read that as a carefully neutral statement of fact, others as an attack on Labor. I myself am somewhat in the middle
quelle sufuckinprise

quote:

Fold in the usual antagonism to Brown Moses from the usual suspects in here, and step back.
people are so unreasonable about the cia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Brown Moses posted:

God forbid I retweet an article from a major news organisation based on research of organisations I've worked with, relating to a topic I've personally been involved with. Also, where in that article does anyone claim the Tories wanting to sell of the NHS is a Russian lie?

The entire exchange following this post is magical and I now simultaneously understand why people don’t like you and am blown away that you are paid actual real, presumably American dollars to post stuff like this and they made a loving movie about you like lmao holy poo poo.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bardeh posted:

hahhaah amazing :allears:

As always, The Thick Of It is a documentary

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
also lol the party is Labour champ

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Rust Martialis posted:

People will read into the article their own biases. I read the article and it says only that it is unable to confirm their authenticity, and that no official response has been forthcoming.

Some people read that as a carefully neutral statement of fact, others as an attack on Labor. I myself am somewhat in the middle, the article doesn't state the documents are doctored, etc., but I can see that less cautious readers will take it as Labor spreading fake Russian documents, and this concerns me.

Fold in the usual antagonism to Brown Moses from the usual suspects in here, and step back.

You're working really hard on your twat-certification lately aren't you?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Azza Bamboo posted:

Who would invest in such a company to carry out the expansion it'd need to destroy the others?
You are talking absolute nonsense. People will tend to buy the cheaper of the options they are given leading to more being produced over time.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

TheRat posted:

You're working really hard on your twat-certification lately aren't you?

Between the integrity initiative defense and being pro Latin American regime change I assume rust martialis works in a similar job and also hosed up by saying labor

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Azza Bamboo posted:

If the Labour party increases tax on corporation rates and dividends, what's to stop companies handing that cost down to the consumer?

Why won't they raise prices and then kick up a stink saying "Corbyn made us do it"

If they thought they could raise prices without hurting their sales they would already have done that.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jose posted:

Lol I just spoke with a recruiter about a role that might cease to exist under a Corbyn government as it's with an industry that will be nationalised

Except most of the jobs currently needed in an industry (tech, engineering, service delivery, admin, customer services, IT etc) will still be needed in a nationalised industry, surely?
Unless you're in sales or marketing which would probably be pared back.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
Tories getting upset people don’t like them, and there are certainly some takes:

https://twitter.com/dominiquetaegon/status/1201208981252915202?s=21

And this reply from a Tory candidate.

https://twitter.com/linden_kemkaran/status/1201446007130734592?s=21

The replies are fantastic, too.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
I mean, it's a bit of a stretch to go from 'foreigns may have posted on reddit' to 'RUSSIA :byodood:'.

It could have just been Jezza paying some Lithuanian lad to hack it after the tories redacted everything in the FOI version.

RE: Trumpysemitism, between that and the dodgy focus group it really does feel like c4 has been lent on in the past couple of days.

Could have been worse though:

"Labour anti-semitism? Lemme tell ya, I love what they're doing. It's great. Corbyn's great. We're going to work together great"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The other answer to the corporation tax question is that things didn't get cheaper when it went down. Also that other countries have higher corporation tax rates and that doesn't inform how much goods are.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jose posted:

Between the integrity initiative defense and being pro Latin American regime change I assume rust martialis works in a similar job and also hosed up by saying labor

Nah, they're an american living in denmark so the labor isn't a giveaway of any kind. Still a twat though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

TheRat posted:

Nah, they're an american living in denmark so the labor isn't a giveaway of any kind. Still a twat though.

Oh I thought they claimed to be a brit living there

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

I have to say that's some loving banter right there. Asking the dude who's got children in cages and opening up concentration camps if the life long anti racism campaigner is too antisemitic.

loving hilarious.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Jose posted:

Oh I thought they claimed to be a brit living there

Canadian. And opposed to the Bolivian coup currently ongoing, to further correct your stalkerish record-keeping habits. British citizen by descent.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

TheRat posted:

yeah I'm just being a jerk, as so often is my wont

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
wait what? In Canada we spell it with a u? see Canadian labour day. what?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Job opportunity for computer touchers in the Graun

https://workforus.theguardian.com/careers/digital-development

(I right clicked a page to 'inspect element' went down to 'console' and that popped up!)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

Canadian. And opposed to the Bolivian coup currently ongoing, to further correct your stalkerish record-keeping habits. British citizen by descent.

its not hard to remember things people post you know

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

Remember when he handed Cameron a list of suspected Tory nonces

Subbz posted:

Tories getting upset people don’t like them, and there are certainly some takes:

And this reply from a Tory candidate.

https://twitter.com/linden_kemkaran/status/1201446007130734592?s=21

The replies are fantastic, too.
:eyepoop:

This is some 'Biko is the real racist' level poo poo.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Corporation tax and dividends come from profits only. It's not a cost to the business - only a %age removed of what's left over after all costs have been paid, and so shouldn't be passed on.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Job opportunity for computer touchers in the Graun

https://workforus.theguardian.com/careers/digital-development

(I right clicked a page to 'inspect element' went down to 'console' and that popped up!)

Lol at £65k for a senior developer good luck with that

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can't believe that Rust Martialis turned out to work for the KGB

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Jose posted:

its not hard to remember things people post you know

I posted as much in the Latin America thread.
/shrug

Seriously, job-seeking people should look at job openings in Denmark. There's actually an at least semi-functional social-welfare system, good transit, etc. Computer touchers welcome, you can easily get by in English.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Guavanaut posted:

I read it as "the performance of the assessors will be gauged by metrics led by disabled people" rather than "skills wallets but for PIP"

I've met enough people with physical disabilities who think people with mental health disabilities are faking it to know that this is not the panacea you're presenting it as.

Also talking up the idea of an individual plan without making it clear what the objective of said plan is, makes me assume it's just another way to try to railroad me into a bullshit make-work job just like the last one that destroyed my mental health.

Tarnop fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Dec 3, 2019

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Rarity posted:

I can't believe that Rust Martialis turned out to work for the KGB

Sadly I only got a grade of B in Intro to Marxist Philosophy (PHL 216F) from Danny Goldstick, who at the time was on the CPC Politburo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Goldstick

Great man.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

When brown moses played the "I was mulling over voting Labour but now you've been rude to me, what a dreadful mistake you've made" card, I did the soy face

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Holy poo poo what a loving child lol.

lol @ accusing me of being bad at arguing when this is your best lmao.

Elliot higgins, the man with the rhetorical aptitude of loving carl of swindon.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 3, 2019

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rust Martialis posted:

Sadly I only got a grade of B in Intro to Marxist Philosophy (PHL 216F) from Danny Goldstick, who at the time was on the CPC Politburo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Goldstick

Great man.

That sounds exactly like the cover story a KGB agent would have.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Great thread showing the contradictions about Corbyn - that nothing he does will ever be right for some people. (plenty of criticism that "he is X" and "he is not X" from the same person in the same medium).

https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1201581431371247616?s=20

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I love Twitter sometimes. I made fun of John Rentou, he got all shirty about it and has now been dogpiled by people calling him an irrelevant arsehole.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Communist Thoughts posted:

When brown moses played the "I was mulling over voting Labour but now you've been rude to me, what a dreadful mistake you've made" card, I did the soy face
It's a classic bit :v:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Pochoclo posted:

Lol at £65k for a senior developer good luck with that

The average senior dev salary in in the UK is around £55K. It being London bumps it up by quite a bit but still, £65k isn't that low.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

MikeCrotch posted:

The other answer to the corporation tax question is that things didn't get cheaper when it went down.

Given the way companies behave when they can make savings, eg how petrol companies in the UK behave when the price of oil goes down, or how gas companies behave when the cost of gas goes down, I wouldn't expect things to get cheaper when rates are reduced.

MikeCrotch posted:

Also that other countries have higher corporation tax rates and that doesn't inform how much goods are.

Rather than comparing different nations I'd love to know if any nation has raised its own corporation taxes to answer the specific question: how does the price of goods within a nation behave in accordance to a rise in corporation rates?

Oh dear me posted:

If they thought they could raise prices without hurting their sales they would already have done that.

I'm not sure whether or not I'd like to think the capitalist system has already squeezed every last penny. It'd be nice to think there isn't any worse it could get.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Pilchenstein posted:

It's a classic bit :v:

People think it makes them look intelligent and cautious but, if you're not a tory, being on the fence about voting Labour in 2019 just makes you look loving dumb as hell lol

At least a lib dem voter has decided to be crap

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Superterranean posted:

holy actual gently caress

Those are rosy cheeks, not nipples. I will not fight you on this; my correctness is unassailable.

Cold out.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Subbz posted:

I think she's connected to Turning Point UK - funded by John Mappin, a scientologist with connections to Trump - and is the:

quote:

Student movement for free markets, limited government, personal responsibility & duty to others.

Sexy stuff! Their website is a little light on detail, such as having a page for various chapters across the country and being totally empty: https://tpointuk.co.uk/chapter-directory/ - the whole thing stinks of poo poo. Looking forward to seeing some of these dweebs on QT next week.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Did anyone suggest the odd look about Corbyn's right lens is due to a stick-on Fresnel lens to compensate for a lazy eye?

I have one somewhere, when my right eye wandered I used it until I got a prism lens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://twitter.com/JamesCrisp6/status/1201747955298029573

Translation: "Move along, nothing to see here"