Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hahahahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Gavbot, try reading scanning the room

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
At the Bernie rally in Moreno Valley, huge crowd, good energy.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

bernie should have a campaign event where he just gets an angry mob to trash the wine cave

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao

The company's plan relies on coverage from the fund created last summer to insulate PG&E and other utilities from losses caused by future wildfires that could be ignited by their transmission lines. That specter looms large, given that PG&E’s outdated equipment and managerial negligence has been blamed for the series of deadly wildfires that raged through Northern California in 2017 and 2018, killing dozens.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Shear Modulus posted:

bernie should have a campaign event where he just gets an angry mob to trash the wine cave

Love a good wine cavem newsoms wine sucks tho

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

etalian posted:

lmao

The company's plan relies on coverage from the fund created last summer to insulate PG&E and other utilities from losses caused by future wildfires that could be ignited by their transmission lines. That specter looms large, given that PG&E’s outdated equipment and managerial negligence has been blamed for the series of deadly wildfires that raged through Northern California in 2017 and 2018, killing dozens.

Let’s not understate it, even inadvertently—PG&E killed over 100 people in 18/19.

If they’re allowed to emerge from this intact, chances are they’ll kill many more.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cheaping out on maintenance may have killed a bunch of people, but it also made a lot of money for shareholders and executives, so, it's impossible to say whether it was good or bad

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shear Modulus posted:

cheaping out on maintenance may have killed a bunch of people, but it also made a lot of money for shareholders and executives, so, it's impossible to say whether it was good or bad

yeah lets not forget PG&E was pumping out 1 billion a year in shareholder dividends alone for the last 13 years. That's not even getting into lavish executive compensation and hideously overpaid and lavish mid/upper-management.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Paradise was converted into shareholder value.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I was in paradise not long ago, and a year later it still smells like burn, the whole area being a ghost town, the whole trip up was so depressing that I was there the 5 minutes I needed to be to do something and bolted off.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/Econ_Marshall/status/1208229462522753024?s=20

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Whine cave

haha thanks for reading please like and subscribe

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Whine cave

haha thanks for reading please like and subscribe

*smashes that mf like button*

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Why does Gavins wine cellar need bullet proof doors

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

He's a politician and a bougie. You tend to splurge.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

That door opens inward. What is he trying to contain?!

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Hinges on the outside at the top of the stairs, hinges on the inside at the bottom of the stairs. The stairs are a perfect murder room setup.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Celexi posted:

I was in paradise not long ago, and a year later it still smells like burn, the whole area being a ghost town, the whole trip up was so depressing that I was there the 5 minutes I needed to be to do something and bolted off.

I work closely with Paradise, assisting with certain aspects of their rebuilding effort. People are slowly trickling back, but much of the town still looks like a scene from Fallout a year after the Camp Fire. There are opportunities in rebuilding, but it’ll be decades before it even begins to resemble a thriving community again.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Grand Prize Winner posted:

That door opens inward. What is he trying to contain?!

I've been down there and there's not much to be worried about, just a burnt up computer chip and metal arm

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
California Politics Thread: Wildfire's comin', everybody into the wine cave

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

God drat a wine cave is just the most California thing

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

spacejung posted:

I've been down there and there's not much to be worried about, just a burnt up computer chip and metal arm

wow, will you ever be back?

e: *go back

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Wine Caves are cool. :colbert:

https://www.sonomacounty.com/articles/guide-visiting-wine-caves-sonoma-wine-country

https://www.napawineryinn.com/blog/five-of-the-best-wine-caves-in-the-napa-valley/

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Keyser_Soze posted:

Wine Caves are cool. :colbert:

Well yes, they’re temperature controlled. That’s the point. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I agree, turn the owners into wine and hand over the caves to the public.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Tacier posted:

I work closely with Paradise, assisting with certain aspects of their rebuilding effort. People are slowly trickling back, but much of the town still looks like a scene from Fallout a year after the Camp Fire. There are opportunities in rebuilding, but it’ll be decades before it even begins to resemble a thriving community again.

What's being done to increase the number of exit routes? Is that even possible?

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Arsenic Lupin posted:

What's being done to increase the number of exit routes? Is that even possible?

There are four main exit routes from Paradise and under every circumstance that isn’t an all-consuming conflagration ripping through the entire town without warning, that’s sufficient. It costs tens of millions of dollars to add additional lanes and they’d be going unused 99.99% of the time, so it’s a hard sell.

They’re undergrounding utilities along the main corridors to reduce the risk of road obstructions, but there’s only so much you can do from an evacuation perspective to prepare for an event like the Camp Fire where the entire town needs to escape at the same time.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Moreover, why does it need staircase resistant doors :abrathink:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

gavin urges public to look past the wine cave issue, and especially to avoid looking very closely at the inside of his wine cave or examining it with luminol

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Shear Modulus posted:

gavin urges public to look past the wine cave issue, and especially to avoid looking very closely at the inside of his wine cave or examining it with luminol

He keeps his private email server in the caves master bathroom

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Cabbit posted:

Moreover, why does it need staircase resistant doors :abrathink:

Maybe because the Shover Robot won't believe Gavbot when he says he's protected.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Cops are loving evil and incredibly corrupt.
https://missionlocal.org/2019/12/fo...police-records/

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

We’re also poised to lose a congressional seat for the first time ever. Thanks, NIMBYs.
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-12-31/la-me-ln-california-apportionment-2020-census

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ProperGanderPusher posted:

We’re also poised to lose a congressional seat for the first time ever. Thanks, NIMBYs.
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-12-31/la-me-ln-california-apportionment-2020-census

Sorry guys :(

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
So how are people dealing with the Gig-pocalypse?

While I've seen more articles from freelance journalists about freelance journalists than anything, a lot of my friends in the industry are saying it's going to kill hollywood freelancing.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Jaxyon posted:

While I've seen more articles from freelance journalists about freelance journalists than anything, a lot of my friends in the industry are saying it's going to kill hollywood freelancing.

A cleansing fire if you ask me.

More realistically though I'm sure it's going to be tied up in a lawsuit, then carved out dramatically, and delayed from being enforced like ab51 has been.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Jaxyon posted:

It's already been put on hold for truck drivers, and I wager there are many more preliminary injunctions to come as every industry potentially touched by AB5 files suit.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Yeah, my gigging musician friends have been freaking out about it and apparently an amendment is on the books for them. I’m not sure what to make of it; it reads like scaremongering to me from the big players but I don’t gig so I don’t really know what it’s like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Hawkperson posted:

Yeah, my gigging musician friends have been freaking out about it and apparently an amendment is on the books for them. I’m not sure what to make of it; it reads like scaremongering to me from the big players but I don’t gig so I don’t really know what it’s like.

If they're getting employed for gigs by a venue/bar AB5 wouldn't impact them at all. One of the tests is whether a contractor is doing work that is core to the business.

If the band owner is subcontracting a separate agreement out to each player in the band that would be impacted.