Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Cavauro posted:

is burrow going to be the lowest rated #1 overall qb of the 2018 to 2020 drafts

Ah, the Alex Smith Award

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Cavauro posted:

is burrow going to be the lowest rated #1 overall qb of the 2018 to 2020 drafts

He's going to the Bengals so probably

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i mean coming out of college. If baker was a significantly better prospect then i am going to root for the Lamar Jacksons

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GD_American posted:

Ah, the Alex Smith Award

So you're saying he'll beat the Saints in the playoffs?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Burrow is somewhere between Sam Darnold and Andrew Luck as a prospect. That's my hot take that I've poo poo out for you this fine morning

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Burrows got a weird delivery and he's old for a rookie. Takes a ton of snaps out of shotgun in a lethal offense with two legitimate first round talents at WR, one of which is probably going top 10 next year. Terrance Marshall Jr. isn't any slouch either. He has a lot of nice scramble highlights but he's not the best at it because his hips are pretty stiff. You see it when he sets and when he turns so I don't really get the Rodgers comparisons that I've been seeing. He will probably take way more sacks. His RPO is also lousy. LSU's oline is kind of underrated in pass protection this year too. Burrow gets a hell of a lot of time, especially on the left side of the line. His deep accuracy isn't the greatest either. I feel like his WRs bail him out a lot on balls that would probably be incomplete with lesser talent. I think it's because he's a bit of a front foot planter

All these things kind of push him down but it's not like he's a bad prospect. Definitely top 10 in most years.

Burrow has a beautiful bullet pass, even on the run. He's also just super smart. People like to discount the spread but putting up absurd numbers in the SEC with it isn't anything to scoff at. He just finds the right receivers, he works defenses, beats zones by just keeping plays alive and spreading out the defenders. It's also an underrated thing but being able to hit players in the flats or on screen plays with the precise accuracy he has while maintaining the velocity is insanely useful at the next level. Especially when you combine it with being able to read the blitz well. Like people will point at the Auburn game as his bad game but Auburns defense was bringing the heat all day long and Burrow was dealing with it perfectly. Like even though he has a ton of time in the pocket most of the time he kinda proved that he can handle legitimate pressure. His intermediate game and sideline passes are also really nice.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Doltos posted:

Burrows got a weird delivery and he's old for a rookie. Takes a ton of snaps out of shotgun in a lethal offense with two legitimate first round talents at WR, one of which is probably going top 10 next year. Terrance Marshall Jr. isn't any slouch either. He has a lot of nice scramble highlights but he's not the best at it because his hips are pretty stiff. You see it when he sets and when he turns so I don't really get the Rodgers comparisons that I've been seeing. He will probably take way more sacks. His RPO is also lousy. LSU's oline is kind of underrated in pass protection this year too. Burrow gets a hell of a lot of time, especially on the left side of the line. His deep accuracy isn't the greatest either. I feel like his WRs bail him out a lot on balls that would probably be incomplete with lesser talent. I think it's because he's a bit of a front foot planter

All these things kind of push him down but it's not like he's a bad prospect. Definitely top 10 in most years.

Burrow has a beautiful bullet pass, even on the run. He's also just super smart. People like to discount the spread but putting up absurd numbers in the SEC with it isn't anything to scoff at. He just finds the right receivers, he works defenses, beats zones by just keeping plays alive and spreading out the defenders. It's also an underrated thing but being able to hit players in the flats or on screen plays with the precise accuracy he has while maintaining the velocity is insanely useful at the next level. Especially when you combine it with being able to read the blitz well. Like people will point at the Auburn game as his bad game but Auburns defense was bringing the heat all day long and Burrow was dealing with it perfectly. Like even though he has a ton of time in the pocket most of the time he kinda proved that he can handle legitimate pressure. His intermediate game and sideline passes are also really nice.

So Cincinnati is definitely drafting him, right? I知 from Athens OH (Burrow痴 home town) and I知 a Bengals fan and I知 deliriously excited at the prospect of him playing for Cincinnati but I知 also looking for the way(s) in which they値l gently caress it up. The managed to avoid that by losing to Miami last week, but there are a ton of ways still to disappoint me. I知 hoping that will be by failing to develop or protect him, though, not by making the moronic decision to draft someone else.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Hello fellow Athens goon, I am sorry the Bengals will draft Burrow and ruin him but we can't always have nice things in life.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just to let you all know I have seen the future and the Bengals will select Chase Young, then the Lions will trade the 2nd overall to the Patriots, who will select Joe Burrow.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Burrow is the best QB prospect since Luck and the only one that would have gone before him is Winston maaaaaaaybe.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Kirios posted:

Burrow is the best QB prospect since Luck and the only one that would have gone before him is Winston maaaaaaaybe.

what? No

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

For Joe Burrow, you have to start with his 2018 evaluation and see how many of those negatives still apply

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Raku posted:

what? No

Lol i knew the siren in the basement that fires up at even an implied slight to Alabama prospects was going to blare at this

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This Sugar Bowl is confirming my statement earlier.

He's going to be fantastic in the NFL.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Good god

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

Hello fellow Athens goon, I am sorry the Bengals will draft Burrow and ruin him but we can't always have nice things in life.

I知 prepared for this. I知 just mad the bengals didn稚 get Lamar Jackson and I知 worried they値l somehow think themselves into passing on Burrow. That seems pretty unthinkable though. Especially with seven touchdowns in the first half of this game.

Racing Stripe fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 29, 2019

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ugh i want Burrow

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Honestly Tua is a great consolation prize.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Ok I think burrow is gonna get rated pretty highly lmao

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
burrow 2 bengy...

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
1. Bengals
2. Redskins
3. Lions
4. Giants
5. Dolphins
6. Chargers
7. Panthers
8. Cardinals
9. Browns
10. Jaguars
11. Jets
12. Buccaneers
13. Falcons
14. Colts
15. Raiders
16. Broncos
17. Cowboys
18. Bears
19. Steelers
20. Rams

Guessing Burrow and Young are locked in as the first two picks. Lions probably go Thomas that leaves the Giants with Okudah which is a pretty nice boobie prize I guess. That or hopefully Lamb.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lions draft Herbert in a shocker. This nullifying them being above Miami.

Curious which 1st rounder Tua goes to Miami with

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This is kinda the perfect situation for the Dolphins.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

loving giants why didn't you lose more

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
the 5th draft pick gets about 5 million less than the top pick.

perfect for Miami to grab a running back with the difference

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Doltos posted:

1. Bengals
2. Redskins
3. Lions
4. Giants
5. Dolphins
6. Chargers
7. Panthers
8. Cardinals
9. Browns
10. Jaguars
11. Jets
12. Buccaneers
13. Falcons
14. Colts
15. Raiders
16. Broncos
17. Cowboys
18. Bears
19. Steelers
20. Rams

Guessing Burrow and Young are locked in as the first two picks. Lions probably go Thomas that leaves the Giants with Okudah which is a pretty nice boobie prize I guess. That or hopefully Lamb.

According to this, Jags are 9th and Browns are 10th:

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's not impossible for the Bengals to pass on Burrow or trade down, but they'll have crowds in the hundreds at games.

If the Bengals trade out just assume a Major League situation with Mike wanting to relocate to, Iunno, let's say London.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Bigass Moth posted:

According to this, Jags are 9th and Browns are 10th:

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Yeah, that order is wrong.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1211448188848132096?s=19

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think 11th is a pretty good spot to pick up whichever of the Wirfs, Thomas, Wills, Jeudy, Lamb group of OL/WR drops a bit.

As a poster on this dead gay TFF internet football forum, I'd obviously prefer an offensive lineman.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I hope Arizona drafts ceedee

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
How deep is offensive tackle in this draft?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DariusLikewise posted:

How deep is offensive tackle in this draft?

I've heard it's a good draft for OL, not sure if that's tackle or interior. Like 20 teams have OL as their biggest need so it almost doesn't matter how deep the class is.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
two first rounders we can bust on! :negative:

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 30, 2019

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

how's the draft for centers, guards and pass rushers

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cardinals could find themselves quickly needing a center, tackle, or WR depending on how free agency shakes out.

i feel like the big gaping holes are at DE, ILB, and a OLB to pair with chandler jones, probably in that order of need. This feels like a good draft scenario for the cardinals

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is surprising, he was a possible first round pick.

https://twitter.com/Noles247/status/1211682677008588800?s=20

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'd like the Raiders to grab two Clemson DBs thanks

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Offensive linemen please and thank you.

Glory be unto the big boys~

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Eifert Posting posted:

I've heard it's a good draft for OL, not sure if that's tackle or interior. Like 20 teams have OL as their biggest need so it almost doesn't matter how deep the class is.

Yeah it's the downside of the Rams not having a first is they are going to have to settle for tier 3 guys in the 2nd and 3rd, but they really need another tackle and probably a G/C type guy for depth on the interior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If contracts were just based on scarcity and importance OL would get paid like double what they make. It seems like every class yields like 2-4 starter calibre linemen a year.

God drat the Bengals dropping Whit and Zeit was so loving dumb. Window slamming decision.