Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

razorrozar posted:

smythe apparently stepped down immediately after that and has not posted since

regardless of Smythe's opinion the announcement in question matched Lowtax's position at the time so gently caress it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

DreamingofRoses posted:

Up to a certain point I can’t really blame him. Having dozens of very (justifiably) frustrated people pointed in your direction is scary, and that’s in addition to whatever health (mental and physical) limits are on him right now.

I mean, that's kind of the root of all the issues with LowTax here, is that he's essentially the kind of boss who watches things from afar, then occasionally storms in to shake things up without consulting any of the people actually running the show.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

ExplodingSims posted:

I mean, that's kind of the root of all the issues with LowTax here, is that he's essentially the kind of boss who watches things from afar, then occasionally storms in to shake things up without consulting any of the people actually running the show.

Oh, I’m definitely in agreement with that. If he wants to do Laissez-faire style ownership in an inclusive community he definitely needs a more robust net of mods/admins (and better forums software) so that he doesn’t get a bunch of people banging down his door to act now when one of the admins disappears.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm probably not going to convey this idea very well, but I'll give it a shot: I've always kind of gotten the impression that Lowtax is a South Park-style libertarian who just doesn't care about/follow current events and thinks everyone should just relax and not take politics or social issues too seriously and that this should just be a place where people make jokes. Which worked fine for a good fifteen years but just doesn't anymore. In today's climate saying "I don't care about this stuff" is staking a position whether you like it or not.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Still fondly remembering LAMBLORD.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think Lowtax does a pretty good job mostly by virtue of not really knowing what the gently caress is going on. Can you imagine how loving annoyed he'd be if he actually looked at what everyone's actually doing. ugh.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also, pretty chill for a guy who gets harassed for having his kids kidnapped and gets accused of being a drug addict. The longest-running, most intense harassment campaign this website has ever had is against lowtax himself.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I mean, if anyone really thought FYAD was going to go away you haven't been on the site long enough. I've been here almost two decades and this isn't even the most forum drama that has happened. The first pedo-purge was a way more insane shitshow.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

I think Lowtax does a pretty good job mostly by virtue of not really knowing what the gently caress is going on. Can you imagine how loving annoyed he'd be if he actually looked at what everyone's actually doing. ugh.

Because being concerned for the trans users on this forum is an annoyance, apparently.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I came to SA in frustration after posting on a sci-fi forum whose owner/mod thought it should be legal to rape any woman on welfare, and god drat SA was a breath of fresh air. But that was my standard in 2009, I don't know why anyone else started posting here around then if that's not about where their benchmark was pegged.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Pick posted:

Except that nobody is asking him to step in. The mods and admins pretty much had everything well in hand before he came along and bungled things up further, and he all but admitted as such when he reversed all the bans and handed the reigns back to them. I don't blame him for not being in a good place right now, but that's all the more reason for him to sit back and let the others handle this.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ariong posted:

Except that nobody is asking him to step in. The mods and admins pretty much had everything well in hand before he came along and bungled things up further, and he all but admitted as such when he reversed all the bans and handed the reigns back to them. I don't blame him for not being in a good place right now, but that's all the more reason for him to sit back and let the others handle this.

The only person this forum hasn't managed to spit up and chew out is Lowtax and the guy who runs the coupon subforum.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ariong posted:

pick's doing her pick thing, there's probably no point responding

pick i like you but this may not be the time

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

razorrozar posted:

pick's doing her pick thing, there's probably no point responding

pick i like you but this may not be the time

Hey ever since I got over my last mental breakdown I've been pretty loving aboveboard, getting written off as hysterical because of something that happened in 2016 instead of people reading words I post is getting a little loving old and seems seriously steeped in "women don't know what they're talking about" brand condescension.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pick posted:

Hey ever since I got over my last mental breakdown I've been pretty loving aboveboard, getting written off as hysterical because of something that happened in 2016 instead of people reading words I post is getting a little loving old and seems seriously steeped in "women don't know what they're talking about" brand condescension.

im not sure how you got that out of what i posted but i was not trying to call you hysterical or belittle you. i apologize for my poor word choice if my post came off that way. the worst thing im trying to accuse you of is shitposting when you probably shouldn't be.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

DreamingofRoses posted:

Because being concerned for the trans users on this forum is an annoyance, apparently.
If that's your takeaway then sure, ride that high horse all day.

Pick posted:

I came to SA in frustration after posting on a sci-fi forum whose owner/mod thought it should be legal to rape any woman on welfare, and god drat SA was a breath of fresh air. But that was my standard in 2009, I don't know why anyone else started posting here around then if that's not about where their benchmark was pegged.
Sad but true. SA has a lot of stains and garbage in its history-- much of it shouldn't be forgotten nor forgiven--but ultimately it comes out ahead simply because a lot of people here give a gently caress and we're not beholden to the same corporate winds a shithole like reddit or tumblr are.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

I don’t think they were insinuating that you’re hysterical, just insincere/trolling/ironic. That said, I agree that you should be taken as sincere when you post.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pick posted:

welcome to the party, pal.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Posting on SomethingAwful is serious business done by serious people. Frankly, it's irresponsible to post in such a way at this moment. How are we to heal and move on if people keep shitposting about drama in the drama thread?

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

If that's your takeaway then sure, ride that high horse all day.

Sad but true. SA has a lot of stains and garbage in its history-- much of it shouldn't be forgotten nor forgiven--but ultimately it comes out ahead simply because a lot of people here give a gently caress and we're not beholden to the same corporate winds a shithole like reddit or tumblr are.

There were some lovely things said towards Lowtax, including calling him a Fenty or a drunk and while I understand that the frustration the users who posted that were feeling was justified, those posts that really weren’t.

Doesn’t mean Pick hasn’t already shown her disregard for the entire situation and all of the users with concerns in that CSPAM thread and here.

DreamingofRoses has a new favorite as of 01:52 on Jan 2, 2020

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
~ It's! Messed! Up! To! Harass! Lowtax! Or! Anyone! Else! ~

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

I'm not sure if you're aware Pick, and if not then this is going to absolutely blow your mind, but it's not 2009 any more.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

~ It's! Messed! Up! To! Harass! Lowtax! Or! Anyone! Else! ~

Yeah, no poo poo. Doesn’t mean that the other concerns raised weren’t valid or that Lowtax’s response to other users who weren’t involved in the bad posts was good.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Nobody itt thinks Pick is a bad woman or that women are bad, just that Pick is bad

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hedrigall posted:

Nobody itt thinks Pick is a bad woman or that women are bad, just that Pick is bad

i don't think pick is bad :shobon:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hedrigall posted:

this guy used to be on my side until I said it was gross to talk about wanting to gently caress anthro animals in the cind animation threads btw

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Pick posted:

this guy used to be on my side until I said it was gross to talk about wanting to gently caress anthro animals in the cind animation threads btw

Tell us again your thoughts on why LGBT pride month and parades are bad

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
lol the deflection there proves its true

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I want to hear more about the animal loving.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

I'm not sure if you're aware Pick, and if not then this is going to absolutely blow your mind, but it's not 2009 any more.

yeah now we have CSPAM which somehow supports both communism and prostitution and I'm not sure how the hell that works

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Found it

Pick posted:

Pride parades are the most concentrated public expressions of degenerate sexuality, like age gaps and dog play, and people with traditional values view them accordingly. Whether that's fair depends on your point of view. I think it's unfair to homo attracted persons who don't make poly pee bath bombs but I guess people are going to ride freedom to the line

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

~ Or! Anyone! Else! ~

How's that working out

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

razorrozar posted:

i don't think pick is bad :shobon:

I think Pick has lovely opinions occasionally, but agreed.

Tardcore posted:

lol the deflection there proves its true

It’s also true that Pick has some lovely opinions regarding LGBT 🏳️‍🌈 expressiveness.

Pick posted:

yeah now we have CSPAM which somehow supports both communism and prostitution and I'm not sure how the hell that works

It’s almost like some people like having sex and are willing to sell it as a service and in an ideal world they’d have a safe and labor protected environment to do that in.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I think Pick isn't helping things and should probably be ignored.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Pick posted:

It works fine? If you are properly fighting exploitation of the workers that includes sex workers too

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm LGBT and allowed to have an opinion on my own community's political engagement. I'm not log cabin, but I don't think some big dumb corporate party is communicating that we're people as opposed to a marketable demo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Do you guys, know, what communism, is?

The point is they support a political system up to the point that it could potentially disrupt their access to sex.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cool, so stop acting like it is.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

I'm LGBT and allowed to have an opinion on my own community's political engagement. I'm not log cabin, but I don't think some big dumb corporate party is communicating that we're people as opposed to a marketable demo.

And there are LGBT people who disagree with you. Not all Pride parades are corporate funded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

You're allowed to have your opinions, Pick, and we're allowed to tell you that they suck rear end.