Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

The_Franz posted:

this certainly won't end with some woman tolerating captain sperg here just long enough to get permanent residency and then divorcing him and taking half of his poo poo

do it

someone tell his future wife you can divorce him once they get you on road to residency you dont have to finish the entire thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

snergle posted:

someone tell his future wife you can divorce him once they get you on road to residency you dont have to finish the entire thing.

Trust me, her entire family will let her know

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (22M) dislike my nephew(2M), but he loves me, so my older sibling always wants me to hang out with him.

Indoor sandbox is the most hosed up thing in this thread so far

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

teen witch posted:

Real talk tho don’t skimp on things you stick inside yourself sexually. Your orifices will thank you.

Legit advice for both sex toys and dating.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

therobit posted:

I kind of wish our culture would go back to having weddings with a wedding party consisting of the bride, groom, maid of honor and best ban, with everyone just wearing their normal Sunday best.

I'd be hard pressed to come up with a 'best ban', but if I had to I'd say DGSW

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [21F] boyfriend [23M] gets my attention when he does disturbing things in video games.

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for three years and he’s recently gotten into this game called The Division.

You don’t need to know a lot about the game except for that there’s lifelike stray dogs that roam around the city. They don’t attack you or anyone on your team, they just roam around and eat stuff off of the ground and things of that nature.

Well, every time he finds a stray dog in The Division, he gets my attention and makes me look up and he shoots the dog. He doesn’t do it super consistently because he knows I’ll catch on if he did it all the time, but even though it’s fiction, it just makes me sad—and he knows it makes me sad, but he thinks it’s hilarious.

I’ve asked him to stop a couple of times and he keeps doing it. I guess I’m just wondering: what can I say or do to actually get him to cut this out? It disturbs me that he has fun doing things like this.

TL;DR - My boyfriend gets my attention every time he kills a dog in a video game just because he thinks it’s funny.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Just say the name of his childhood dog

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [21F] boyfriend [23M] gets my attention when he does disturbing things in video games.

same OP 4 months ago:

AITA for confronting my boyfriend about an Instagram model when I already knew the answer?

quote:

So, this all stared because my boyfriend was nice enough to install one of his old hard drives or something onto my old computer to try and help it run faster.

Well, yesterday I downloaded Google Chrome onto that computer because I wanted to install AdBlocker, and it installed nicely and things were going fine until my computer died and I lost everything.

When it came back to life I went back to Chrome and went to the history to try and open all the tabs that had closed, when I realized that his old hard drive had saved his Google information and the like onto Chrome, because it was all his browser history.

Anyways pretty much every day I saw the same result for “Yaela Heart” on Instagram, who calls herself the “stretching queen” (to put it modestly). He wasn’t following her, but he was visiting her profile daily, so I figured that he wasn’t following her because he was afraid I’d find out.

Well, I didn’t want to ask him directly because I didn’t want to seem “crazy”, so I basically said, “You liked a picture from this account Yaela Heart and it showed up in my feed, haha.”

He then swears up and down to me that he’d only visited her profile ONE TIME yesterday because he’d heard about her ridiculousness on 9GAG. Obviously I know this isn’t the case, but I just say okay and change the subject.

It just kind of makes me think two things: am I an rear end in a top hat for not just telling the truth about how I found out and that I know he’s lying? And also, if he’s sincerely lying to me about this, could he be lying to me about other things too?

I appreciate any input.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Oof. 9gag?

:sever:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for three years and he’s recently gotten into this game called The Division.

You don’t need to know a lot about the game except for that there’s lifelike stray dogs that roam around the city. They don’t attack you or anyone on your team, they just roam around and eat stuff off of the ground and things of that nature.

Well, every time he finds a stray dog in The Division, he gets my attention and makes me look up and he shoots the dog. He doesn’t do it super consistently because he knows I’ll catch on if he did it all the time, but even though it’s fiction, it just makes me sad—and he knows it makes me sad, but he thinks it’s hilarious.

I’ve asked him to stop a couple of times and he keeps doing it. I guess I’m just wondering: what can I say or do to actually get him to cut this out? It disturbs me that he has fun doing things like this.

TL;DR - My boyfriend gets my attention every time he kills a dog in a video game just because he thinks it’s funny.

I mean, obviously boyfriend jerk since 'No I do not like it' 'ok but me do it' BUT

this is pathetic right? like the original definition of pathetic. This is the same pathological roots as the kylo ren people. Who gives a poo poo about a digital rear end dog??

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Why does hu-man female become sad at the depiction of a dog dying if dog is not actually dying ERROR ERROR ILLOGICAL ILLOGICAL

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Yea, I mean it’s not a great look

E. The killing of digital defenseless animals or whatever, let alone the “heh, look at this!” aspect of it

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

:sever: and get a dog

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
If your can punch dogs I'll abandon my kids and start gaming again

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Nooooouuuu! Douuuuuun't!! :cry:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Acebuckeye13 posted:

:sever: and get a dog

Note: make sure you do not deviate from this order of events.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Colonel Cancer posted:

You can buy Indian herbal toothpaste if you don't like mint. It's pretty disgusting imo but ymmv

I remember hearing that Japanese toothpaste is typically fruit flavored, but I have no idea how available it is outside Japan.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
So y'all probate me for hilarious posts about my Tarzan Toilet Style (TTS) but Toothpaste: The Derail! gets an encore presentation?

fah! no one appreciates craft.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
AITA for freaking out because my husband took my prescription pain killers

quote:

My husband and I have been married for 5 years. I recently had a major surgery as a result of an accident and some stuff I don’t really want to get into.

Anyway I was prescribed strong painkillers, and the doctors were all reserved about giving them to me and wouldn’t give them in large amounts because they don’t want people to abuse them.

My husband has always lacked impulse control but never to this extent.

Well my husband took some of them. I saw him taking them and freaked out because A) they’re pretty powerful and he’s just taking them for shits and giggles and B) they barely give me enough as it is, and they’re not going to give me more if I say I finished them early so I’m going to have to go days without them.

I started yelling at him and he said to calm down and that it would be fine. He said that I can always get more and there wasn’t any need to yell.

AITA?

I wonder if she'd be able to get replacement pills if she were to rat out her shameless druggie husband to the police?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for cutting out my mother after she intentionally triggered my husbands ptsd?

My husband has ptsd, and manages it as well as I think a person can. He tries not to let it get in the way of stuff we like to do. But as a result of this we’ve skipped Fourth of July and New Years Fireworks in 2018 and 2019. We used to go with my parents for those because they’re close by and it was a tradition.

He’s not too bad anymore, it used to be really bad. As long as he’s mentally prepared he doesn’t get triggered by loud sounds anymore, I.e watching movies is fine now. Fireworks seem to be the exception to this, at least viewing them.

My mother hasn’t been appreciative of this. Every time we missed an event I got a barrage of texts how he’s probably just faking it to keep me from seeing her. I’ve told her off multiple times but try and keep peace because my dad is great.

But this New Years she crossed a line. Since we weren’t going to the fireworks, she said she wanted to come to our house so we could still celebrate. At around 10 when no fireworks had started yet so my husband wasn’t prepared, we were all sitting in the living room(except my mom), and she comes running out of the kitchen banging a metal spoon on a pot as hard as she could.

This of course triggered my husband. I won’t get into it but he was pretty rattled. I kicked her and my dad out and told her not to call or text.

My dad has been calling me saying that we should works something out because he wants to see me but she won’t let him unless she gets to go too.

AITA?

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
AITA for not caring about the well being of the planet?

quote:

So I recently went out with this girl and things went pretty well. For our second date I invited her to my home and she looked through my fridge and saw that I had plastic water bottles. She began to lecture me about it saying things about the ocean and what not. I flat out told her I couldn’t give less of a gently caress about sea turtles or dolphins or whatever the hell else she was talking about. To my surprise she decided to leave within 10 minutes of being there. I ended up wasting the entire meal I was prepared to cook. It honestly left such a bad taste in my mouth that I’ve gone out of my way to buy even more plastic water bottles. I Snapchatted her a picture of the the 10 packs of 24 plastic bottles of water I bought with the caption “lol gently caress the fishes”

Was I the rear end in a top hat in this scenario? She came into my house and started being obnoxious over something that really doesn’t matter.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for cutting out my mother after she intentionally triggered my husbands ptsd?

Yeah I’d tell my dad he’s welcome whenever but if mom shows up I’m calling the cops for trying to abuse my SO.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

So y'all probate me for hilarious posts about my Tarzan Toilet Style (TTS) but Toothpaste: The Derail! gets an encore presentation?

fah! no one appreciates craft.

A well-crafted turd is still a turd

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Licarn posted:

Spending more on water to own the Libs!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Me [26F], my future sister in law [28F], and wedding drama.

I have been dating a wonderful man [24M] for a little over 3 years now. We're both stable in our careers and he proposed, woohoo! I'm over the moon. We'll call him Ben.

Ben's brother Kyle [26M] started seeing this girl Caterina [28F] about 1.5 years ago. Ben actually worked with her and he set them up because she had a very overt crush on Ben. He figured maybe they'd hook up and she'd get it out of her system. I warned him that this was probably not the best idea...

Lo and behold, they became a couple. A month after we moved in together, they did the same (a few months into their relationship). We went on an overseas vacation, and by the time we got home they had booked tickets to the same place because (I quote) "we saw your photos, and thought about how it wasn't fair that you were there and we weren't".

These kind of weird, petty things have kept happening and Ben is very aware of it too. Caterina is also flat out rude and degrading to Kyle in front of family, she kind of treats him like a servant. She will ask him to fetch something, he'll ask if he can eat first and she will say no. This is also Kyle's first relationship. Early last year, Kyle proposed to Caterina. Ben has sat him down and had the "are you sure..." talk a couple times and he's convinced she's the love of his life. Now that's all totally fine; he can obviously marry who he likes and all Ben can do is express his concern.

This woman is very competitive with me. She will say things like "I didn't bring any Christmas baking, I knew you would and then it would be a competition". I just nervously laugh at these comments because I don't know how to respond. Opening Christmas presents from Ben and Kyle's parents, she will pretend to be excitedly curious about what I got, then drop the act and go "I was just making sure they were the same as mine" and walk away. Needless to say when Ben proposed to me she pretended to be super excited but I'm not buying it.

Ben's dad had a champagne toast for us at Christmas (and their cousin who just got engaged), and Caterina seriously asked him "what about us". He's a very jokey man and basically said "you guys had your turn". Oh also, Ben double checked with Kyle that we wouldn't be stepping on their toes, but they're having a two year engagement and I don't think it would be fair to ask Ben to wait to propose anyway.

Now enter the wedding situation. I am one of two bridesmaids in their wedding because she legitimately doesn't have friends. I do not want her to be a bridesmaid at my wedding and I'm struggling with feeling compelled to ask her. She's asking me to go to wedding shows with her now, and truth be told I just want to go with my friends. I don't want to worry about her strange petty comments, and am honestly a little worried about her trying to "one up" anything we plan.

I can't help but wonder if all this comes from some weird jealousy. She has started dressing Kyle like Ben, sending him to the same barber, asking Ben what aftershave he uses so she can buy it for Ben, annnd even has referred to Kyle as Ben when talking to me a few times. Help.

TL;DR I recently got engaged; I think my competitive, jealous future sister in law expects to be a bridesmaid. She also wants to wedding plan together, how do I navigate this diplomatically? Thank you!!

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Licarn posted:

as a physician's assistant let me explain how I know more about a patient than their doctor

Let's be honest, most doctors are just as much of a bozo as your average NP or PA.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Mrs. Dash posted:

Let's be honest, most doctors are just as much of a bozo as your average NP or PA.

actually more since doctors will have a vested interest in making the crazy lady go away by doing unnecessary tests or placebo-like drug regimens just so she'll shut the gently caress up

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
AITA for declining to repair my grandmother bathroom that my aunt destroyed and then making them “cry”
Not the A-hole
Backstory: My grandma and aunt raised me. My aunt is a jobless shut in and has been that way her entire life. Lives with my grandma and mooches off her, the government, and other family members to make ends meet. She’s about to turn 50 and has never been gainfully employed.

As a present to my grandmother when I got a job after my doctorate program I redid her entire room for her because it was falling part. She’s worked hard her entire life to raise her 4 kids and me. She deserves the world and more and this was the least I could do now that I have a stable income. I did all the work myself and was frugal about it. new wall paint, decent IKEA furniture, and laid down some vinyl tiling, and a new mattress. Maybe $600 total to say thank you to her.

After this my aunt started getting loony thinking I’d be helping with house repairs. She started asking me to do things and I would decline saying I don’t have money for that. Now on a visit home for New Years she brings me into my grandmothers bathroom and she took it upon HERSELF to sledgehammer the ENTIRE bathtub tiled area down to the cement loving backers. She said she did it so she could investigate why the water stopped running as hard. And she expected ME to chip in to not only fix the water flow issues but to help pay for putting the tile back up.

I have never been so livid in my life. I told her she had no business laying a hand on a house that she in no way owns and even worse to assume I’d be helping her with unnecessary cosmetic repairs. I even said I have no interest in helping with the plumbing because this is NOT how you treat loved ones. To make it worse this was my second time bringing my boyfriend home to them and they pull this embarrassing poo poo. I said goodbye to them and dragged him the hell out.

Anyways I get a call from my grandma trying to guilt trip me saying I shouldn’t have acted that way and made my aunt cry when I left. If I would have stayed any longer I would have definitely made her cry because I would have laid out some hard loving truths about her life I won’t Get into.

Anyways. I don’t give a rats rear end about my aunts feelings. I’m mostly pissed my grandma has had her bathroom destroyed against her will and has to get ready in dilapidated mess now. Now I have 200k in student loans I’m trying to pay down ASAP. If I wanted to I could pay for an entire crew to come in a redo the entire bathroom over the weekend. But I’m very frugal and I’m trying my hardest to get rid of my loans so I can invest in my own life. Hell When I redid her room I did it myself by hand. But I have neither the time, energy, or knowledge to redo bathroom tile on my own.

And I do not want to set the precedent that I’ll be swooping in to fix every issue that comes up with their house and any stupid poo poo my aunt decides to destroy.

Am I the rear end in a top hat in this situation? Should I be lending as much help as I can afford? I feel like if I help out her I’ll just be enabling future poo poo behavior.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting a girl I’ve never met to move with my SO and I across the country?

Okay. So I’ve been with R for about 8 months. A few months back, he asked me to move basically across the country with him for work. I said yes, and we have been apartment hunting and been getting excited for it. Yesterday, he randomly asked me what I thought about this scenario. His friend (who I’ve never met and never heard him talk about) is getting out of a bad relationship. She travels for work and is only home about 8 days out of the month. She asked him if she could move with us and stay in our spare bedroom.

I don’t like this idea. I have never met this person, and this was going to be OUR first place together. A big move is already going to be stressful enough, I just don’t think it’s a good idea to throw someone I don’t know and have literally never heard him talk about into the mix. The dynamic of our place will have to change. If she has her room, are we allowed to have guests stay in there if we have family visit? Is the dog allowed in there? We were planning on having a small office space for me in the second bedroom, where will that go if she is occupying that room?

I might be selfish, but I wanted this to be OUR move.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for not really wanting her to come with us?

I love the "astonished to find out im the sidepiece" genre

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My husband has ptsd, and manages it as well as I think a person can. He tries not to let it get in the way of stuff we like to do. But as a result of this we’ve skipped Fourth of July and New Years Fireworks in 2018 and 2019. We used to go with my parents for those because they’re close by and it was a tradition.

He’s not too bad anymore, it used to be really bad. As long as he’s mentally prepared he doesn’t get triggered by loud sounds anymore, I.e watching movies is fine now. Fireworks seem to be the exception to this, at least viewing them.

My mother hasn’t been appreciative of this. Every time we missed an event I got a barrage of texts how he’s probably just faking it to keep me from seeing her. I’ve told her off multiple times but try and keep peace because my dad is great.

But this New Years she crossed a line. Since we weren’t going to the fireworks, she said she wanted to come to our house so we could still celebrate. At around 10 when no fireworks had started yet so my husband wasn’t prepared, we were all sitting in the living room(except my mom), and she comes running out of the kitchen banging a metal spoon on a pot as hard as she could.

This of course triggered my husband. I won’t get into it but he was pretty rattled. I kicked her and my dad out and told her not to call or text.

My dad has been calling me saying that we should works something out because he wants to see me but she won’t let him unless she gets to go too.

AITA?

Narcissist Mother in Law murdered by PTSD husband in a fit of panic would be pretty good uh, law & order? episode

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

thatguy posted:

actually more since doctors will have a vested interest in making the crazy lady go away by doing unnecessary tests or placebo-like drug regimens just so she'll shut the gently caress up

Bit funny since it came up before that doctors love to accuse women of being sluts who are obviously pregnant/have an STD regardless of what they actually come in for, like broken bones.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
actually, recent studies indicate that doctors often ignore or downplay women's pain - they don't just give out stuff or do lotsa tests - especially not for POC

doctors often just push women out the door telling them it's just stress or some poo poo

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Licarn posted:

I really wonder about the ages on this one. 19/20? gently caress da fishes mon.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Nitr0 posted:

I really wonder about the ages on this one. 19/20? gently caress da fishes mon.

Denis Leary is 62 this year.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Power Khan posted:

AITA for declining to repair my grandmother bathroom that my aunt destroyed and then making them “cry”
Your aunt is mentally ill af, your grandmother probably didn't mean to but ended up enabling her, and now they're both going to suffer. Go life your own life.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Licarn posted:

I'll be honest I'd totally act like an rear end in a top hat too if my date just randomly started lecturing me on water bottles for no reason

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Miserable Maid posted:

I'll be honest I'd totally act like an rear end in a top hat too if my date just randomly started lecturing me on water bottles for no reason

Owning bottled water outside of some very specific circumstances is more than enough of a reason to get lectured, and what a perfectly entitled and ignorant response.

It's a perfect red flag for idiocy, like healing magnet bracelets, or MLM schemes.

Girl was only wrong to waste 10 minutes on this moron.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Blitter posted:

Owning bottled water outside of some very specific circumstances is more than enough of a reason to get lectured, and what a perfectly entitled and ignorant response.

It's a perfect red flag for idiocy, like healing magnet bracelets, or MLM schemes.

Girl was only wrong to waste 10 minutes on this moron.

or maybe he just like having cold water and the bottles were from an outing where he bought a bottle and brought it home.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
AITA for blocking my friend after she threw a pregnancy party for her cat, while inviting multiple pregnant people and people struggling to conceive?

quote:

I (24f) have a friend (26) who has always been avidly child free. I've known her for 12 years and she's always hated kids and talked poo poo about babies. I personally don't mind that she's like this, although it is annoying when she goes on rants about how ugly people's babies are, and I've known her to call toddlers assholes.

I know this sounds unbelievable, trust me, I feel like I'm not in real life. She texted all of our friends last week to say that she's having a very important dinner and she needs everyone to come. This is 15+ people. In a smaller group chat, she told me and three other girls that she is 'expecting a new arrival' and she wants to announce it at the party. We were all super shocked, but very happy for her. She was very evasive with questions, but I honestly just assumed she was feeling weird about being pregnant/admitting she had decided to have a child after all, and I brushed it off.

So, we all get to this dinner party at a local restaurant. She stands up to make a speech, saying (as well as I can remember), "I'm really excited to announce that we are expecting not one... But three new arrivals !" Everyone was shook! Until she handed out the ultrasounds, and they looked nothing like babies. We all looked at her confused, when she said "Princess (her cat) has been a naughty little girl, and is blessing us with three little ones. I'm sure you're all super excited to meet the babies, and there will be a naming party when they're here!" I think the last part was a joke, but needless to say, most of us were quite pissed she did this.

Two of the women there have been very vocal about having fertility issues. I am also pregnant, and so are two other girls there. I feel like this whole thing was set up to belittle the fact that most of the people in the group (ranging from my age to mid thirties) are settling down and having kids. One of the women with fertility issues actually left upset soon after, and the other one just after her. I called a cab after I'd eaten my meal, and left early. I immediately blocked her on everything, because I'm sick of her being so anti-kid, especially when she was addressing multiple people who are pregnant and struggling to conceive. I sent a message in the smaller group chat saying that what she did was insensitive and disgusting, and she responded saying it was a joke and I should lighten up, and I obviously don't know her very well considering she has been vocal about not wanting to meet my baby.

I heard from a friend who stayed that she ended the party with a toast to 'still hating human spawn'.

I'm not sure if I'm overreacting because of the baby, or if this was genuinely terrible. AITA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Licarn posted:

AITA for blocking my friend after she threw a pregnancy party for her cat, while inviting multiple pregnant people and people struggling to conceive?

This is so hosed and I'm glad she severed that friendship.